Panic's animation workshop (Animations for Modders) updated 16.01.2015

Hey, good to see you back, Panic!

Nice work again with the horse btw  :blush:

Thanks Dentarr :)  Wow, I'm impressed how quick you are to update More Nasty Critters, I see that you've already added the new horse animations :)

Hey I dont want to disappoint your fans  :P

Out of curiosity, have you any new animations planned?

^ well thats interesting, and disturbing...

Well, copying those animation files somewhere is a good start but there is a long way after that until you get them in SL. As Panic stated in the OP, animation files are a modder resource in the sense that they need to be used in a mod. 

I had managed to make some of the wolf ones work before they were included in the More Nasty Critters mod before, but for the life of me, I can't remember how I added them =/

*EDIT* - Guess it doesn't really matter, More Nasty Critters already updated to add it :P

Theres posts about this elsewhere, but Ill give you a quick reminder to jog your memory.

You go into meshes/actors/anim/sexlabcreature/ "(both character and the animal)  and add the files to their respective hkx files, renaming if you wish. (************) Also in this folder will be a file with FNIS in the name, add entries based on the names of the anims your adding, using the other script as clues.

Then you go into scripts and open slcreature and the corresponding character one and add lines of code, look to the other code for clues on how to do so.

then go to FNIS/fnis for modders and compile (both) files I mentioned where I put the (*********).

Rebuild sexlab animation regristry in game and your done.  Dentarr is pretty quick though.

HELLO,  first 1000 thumps up for great and amazing work.  THANK`S.  please excuse my desire and request for still more animation. But I`m looking and serching for a good 69er, dog up/female down, female up/dog down, and a standing or picket rape animation dog/female.

Sounds this requiered to much??  PLEASE NOT,  Hope the best...   PANIC 4 ever

Do you think you could try making a female dog and/or wolf animation some time? I forget who, though I think it's dentarr, but someone already has female textures ready. It'd be an interesting change.

:)

However, if that's too complicated for whatever reason, I'm also hoping to see new creatures get some lovin'. Like deer, and perhaps even rabbits! Of course, finish what you're working on right now first, and if you don't already have plans, I hope you'll be able to take these suggestions into consideration.

Do you think you could try making a female dog and/or wolf animation some time? I forget who, though I think it's dentarr, but someone already has female textures ready. It'd be an interesting change.

:)

However, if that's too complicated for whatever reason, I'm also hoping to see new creatures get some lovin'. Like deer, and perhaps even rabbits! Of course, finish what you're working on right now first, and if you don't already have plans, I hope you'll be able to take these suggestions into consideration.

Im pretty sure that daelyte has made animations for female creatures.

Also, Ima repeat myself here, but I believe that it is more important to create and update animations for creatures that you encounter more often due to placement and also mods, in which case Bears, Tigers, Dragonborn creatures and Falmer/Draugr are currently in dire need of animation.

Thanks :P I am working on a new animation set for the Giants.

Pssst, psssst!   Faaaaaalmeeer

@eMiKo

Bears, Sabertooth and Draugr already have animations. Since the time of Gone actually...

@Subject2Host

My ... foreign-language-i-cant-read is a bit rusty so I cant make heads or tails of that blogpost but it looks like some Skeever animation? 

I for one would be happy to get that one into the game.

It's an animated pose rather than an animation proper. They're... not very good. The nipple lick pose is aligned to a pretty hefty tit, and two of the poses require user-alignment with a chair or bed. There's only one out of the set that's any good, IMO.

Still, it's something.

I tend to agree with eMiko, though. Another giant animation is fine and everything but Gone's animations are behind the times in terms of quality and basically are just the same animation tweaked for different creatures. Those creatures all deserve at least a little more variety.

But that ball's in Panic's court.

It's an animated pose rather than an animation proper. They're... not very good. The nipple lick pose is aligned to a pretty hefty tit, and two of the poses require user-alignment with a chair or bed. There's only one out of the set that's any good, IMO.

Still, it's something.

I tend to agree with eMiko, though. Another giant animation is fine and everything but Gone's animations are behind the times in terms of quality and basically are just the same animation tweaked for different creatures. Those creatures all deserve at least a little more variety.

But that ball's in Panic's court.

True, Gones's animations were great placeholders, but Drugrgs bears, the big bad cat, and some other creatures could use some new animations for sure. Mainly draugr and falmer I guess since there are so many of them out there :D. I think I'll check out the animation making tutorials. I'd reallly love to spend some time learning this until collage starts again. 

Is it harder to make animation for creatures than humans? Or if I watch a tutorial for humans it should be the same with minor differences?

If you know how to animate humanoids, creatures should come pretty easy.

Animating creatures is pretty much the same as their human counterparts.  Where it can get tricky is in the export depending on what method you utilize.  ( Havok vs .nif ) The humanoids have a solid Havok bone map already done for them that works rather well.  The creatures, on the other hand, will not likely have these pre-made for you.  You can create them pretty easily, but sometimes they require some tweaking to get them to work right.

Another consideration for critters are the sizes.  A good example would be wolves vs dogs.  Where they both utilize the same skeleton, in game the Wolf is scaled up a bit larger and unless you compensate for this while animating, the alignment will be off somewhat and will require manual adjustments when played in game.  ( Spiders are the same )

Doing the animation itself isn't terribly difficult ( though it is when first learning how ) but it is very time consuming and sometimes the exported animation doesn't want to play nice with the Skyrim engine. 

While I still really really want to see an aggressive skeever animation and I always want more wolf/werewolf stuff, I do agree that the demand for beasts is on the more typically seen ones like sabercats and bears. Like people said the animations are dated and would be good targets for animators. Im only starting 3d animation now but I did a lot of 2d animation, one of the reasons why animation is harder for humans than for creatures from completely an animation standpoint is that its easier to see mistakes cuz we see humans all the time and are familiar with their movements while a lot of creatures we are not so familiar with.

While I still really really want to see an aggressive skeever animation and I always want more wolf/werewolf stuff, I do agree that the demand for beasts is on the more typically seen ones like sabercats and bears. Like people said the animations are dated and would be good targets for animators. Im only starting 3d animation now but I did a lot of 2d animation, one of the reasons why animation is harder for humans than for creatures from completely an animation standpoint is that its easier to see mistakes cuz we see humans all the time and are familiar with their movements while a lot of creatures we are not so familiar with.

Hehe I have absolutely zero knowledge about animation but there are tutorials so I'm going to give this a try. And if it's way too overwhelming I'll just give it another try when I don't have to study so much. Can't know if it's possible until I try I guess.

@eMiKo

Bears, Sabertooth and Draugr already have animations. Since the time of Gone actually...

Yes, however as someone else has mentioned already, the Draugr/Falmer to every other creature ratio is quite high, therefore I believe they are in more dire need of new animations.

Thats what I was saying with that post.

Gones animations are actually good, if you look at the gifs he released while he was creating them you can see that they look very intrigueing.

However as Papyrus is a piece of shit and cant launch 2 animations at the same time the animations do look pretty bad ingame, the falmer/draugr holding one is my fav example for this.

I actually love that animation, but the de-sync of it which can be observed when looking at the hands makes it lose all appeal.

post-138866-0-41716300-1422160148_thumb.jpg

However its not just "little" things like hands, the doggystyle wolves/dogs animation from gone the holding animation of trolls, the missionary falmer/draugr, they all have excessive clipping of the shlong with the female body cause of that de-sync problem.

I would even go as far to say that 90% of gones animations have that problem in the last stage since he liked to add a lot of body movement, and you can only fix so much with the alignment keys.

Thanks to panic, daelyte and others there are now a lot of other animations for these creatures, however falmer/draugr still are behind.

Which is why Ive been bugging Arrok(gone awol again?) and Panic repeatidly about it.

And unless theres a mod out there that reduces script lag, Im gonna keep bugging them about it :P

The last thing we need is more werewolf anything. They have an egregious glut of features as it is, boasting full SoS/SAM support and more animations than any other creature (save maybe dogs/wolves) spread across two genders. There's not one solitary practical reason for anyone to do any more werewolf content.

Unless they just want to, anyway. :\

There's not one solitary practical reason for anyone to do any more werewolf content.

Here are 3 and 1/2.

1. Werewolves are awesome

2. Werewolves are sexy

3. Werewolves have some of the best if not best animations so far

Extension to 3. You can always have more of the best.

Haha, that comment is funny looking at your avatar pic. :D