I wonder if blocking those wabajack or whatever these modpacks are called might improve traffic. Although I don't know if that is detectable/blockable either. 

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Do you have to make such a drama out of it? The site is always slow at weekends and it has already been reported that the site has been slow generally for the last week or two.

It is slow throughout the weekday also and hasn't improved period.

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Do you have to make such a drama out of it? The site is always slow at weekends and it has already been reported that the site has been slow generally for the last week or two.

I know the site sometimes gets slow on the weekends (That's normal) but not as slow as it (Was earlier?)

I'm doing what I can to alleviate it, but I can't afford a new web server right now, so I'm trying to get things running smoothly again within the current infrastructure. I know the slowness is a pain; it's a pain for me, too. All I can really say, though, is to be patient, and if you can spare it, contributing to the subscribestar would go a long way to helping get a new server for the site to fix things quickly and more long term.

4 hours ago, badboy64 said:

It is slow throughout the weekday also and hasn't improved period.

Yeah I was going to say...though for me it's mostly random. Sometimes it takes an eternity to load one page or even post, other times (like right now) it's perfectly fine. 

On 4/8/2024 at 7:54 PM, PC Naughty Gamer said:

Page loading takes FOREVER. I can't even download a sim or lot with ONLY TRAY FILES (Let alone CC) without Network Errors

And IT AIN'T ME

image_2024-04-08_115308290.png.6b28db98dd13719bbe961b92ac276d0b.png

Yes, it is sometimes frustrating when everything is so slow ... but

But it is like Ashal said:

20 hours ago, Ashal said:

I'm doing what I can to alleviate it, but I can't afford a new web server right now, so I'm trying to get things running smoothly again within the current infrastructure. I know the slowness is a pain; it's a pain for me, too. All I can really say, though, is to be patient, and if you can spare it, contributing to the subscribestar would go a long way to helping get a new server for the site to fix things quickly and more long term.

It helps me to go completely offline, delete the browser and log in again

&

Imagine if it wasn't Ashal running this website, but someone else

Spoiler

What a bunch of lucky bastards we are 😁

I think performance improves if you deactivate your ad blocker, I don't know, I at least try to support this way and the site plays at good speed without having blockers. But that's my case, I don't know.

Edited by サマエル
On 4/9/2024 at 6:56 PM, サマエル said:

deactivate your ad blocker

This seems accurate. Will test for a few days and report back. Also fair if true.

This is the only place on the internet that I even consider deactivating the blocks.

New Edit. After testing with and without blockers on, log in about twice a day over 10 days, no particular difference in speed with or without. Time of day and day of week have much greater impact on speed than ad blocks. Also reminding myself of the folly of excess criticism of this FREE site.

Edited by ElaboratePseudonym

But really, I'm still working on it. Though I feel like the site has been a ton better this past week, so I'm not to sure where the more recent comment(s) are coming from.

42 minutes ago, Ashal said:

But really, I'm still working on it. Though I feel like the site has been a ton better this past week, so I'm not to sure where the more recent comment(s) are coming from.

FWIW, my own perspective, the slow times of the site haven't really been worse than is typical.  On the other hand, sometimes its been quite fast compared to usual.  This was noticable for me about a week ago.

Course its all subjective, so /shrug

Not a surprise that it would be slow with people like myself in total panic mode trying to figure out

what works with SL SSE/AE now that Fnis is dead and Nem is not even a consideration.

But it turns out that there is a silver lining after all in the forum of Pandora being a better

FNIS replacer.

I for one am glad Loverslab exist and am prepared to take it slow here when I already have a

page open and waiting for the new page to open I can read the other pages mod description

at a good pace. :) 

On 4/17/2024 at 3:00 PM, CowboyBlues said:

Not a surprise that it would be slow with people like myself in total panic mode trying to figure out

what works with SL SSE/AE now that Fnis is dead and Nem is not even a consideration.

But it turns out that there is a silver lining after all in the forum of Pandora being a better

FNIS replacer.

I for one am glad Loverslab exist and am prepared to take it slow here when I already have a

page open and waiting for the new page to open I can read the other pages mod description

at a good pace. :) 

Admittedly i've not played skyrim recently but why is FNIS dead?