1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

it's not, it's still the best option.

Maybe it was about the creator. He was, in his own words, pushing 70 when he retired several years ago. Who knows what happened since then.

1 hour ago, mircislav said:

Maybe because many are stating it's not working... that statement is very popular lately...

there are many other factors involved, eg:

LE animations getting installed into SE/AE.

incorrect SexLab installs / failure to understand the difference between the AE exe and the AE DLC & trying to use SE dlls in AE.

did not install the Address Library SKSE Plugin.

use of experimental mods like sexlab p+.

trying to use nemishit for creature animations.

trying to start animations with sexlab's debug spells instead of using matchmaker.

failure to enable animations in sexlab/slal

using vortex.

Edited by MadMansGun
6 hours ago, mircislav said:

many are stating it's not working...

If there is one thing that "just works (tm)", it's FNIS.

7 hours ago, mircislav said:

Maybe because many are stating it's not working... that statement is very popular lately...

That really says more about the users then it does about FNIS (or Nemesis for that matter)

20 hours ago, pinky6225 said:

Admittedly i've not played skyrim recently but why is FNIS dead?

Because - DRAMA!

There is a very new (still in alpha) animation mod called Pandora Behaviour Engine which is lightning fast and can replace both FNIS and Nemesis at the same time with a relatively hassle-free install and set up.

Pandora is 'hosted' on Github not LL (or Nexus) so what it has to do with slow or not LL is beyond me but like I said - DRAMA!

4 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Because - DRAMA!

There is a very new (still in alpha) animation mod called Pandora Behaviour Engine which is lightning fast and can replace both FNIS and Nemesis at the same time with a relatively hassle-free install and set up.

Pandora is 'hosted' on Github not LL (or Nexus) so what it has to do with slow or not LL is beyond me but like I said - DRAMA!

the only way I'm ever switching to any of those is if they ever support creatures. which is why i never switched too Nemesis despites it's more higher limit of animations. 

26 minutes ago, LinksSword said:

the only way I'm ever switching to any of those is if they ever support creatures. which is why i never switched too Nemesis despites it's more higher limit of animations. 

Pandora supports creatures but its missing some of them, also it's SE/AE only so it's useless to animators like me that do our work in LE first.

On 4/18/2024 at 1:04 PM, pinky6225 said:

Admittedly i've not played skyrim recently but why is FNIS dead?

My SSE/AE copy is from GOG I do have a Steam copy of the game but wanted to avoid all the BS Bethesda updates

but found out that the GOG version of Sexlab Framework was lost on Github which means for me that I'm SOL.

I now have to make a choice use the new SL Framework or go back to the Steam version of SSE/AE and use the backward

mod for compatibility to make Fnis work again. 

And since nobody has updated FNIS in four years and the original MA is retired then with the newest updates make FNIS dead sadly.

But the Pandora Behavior Engine is a bit of FNIS and Nemesis mixed together so best of both worlds the engine runs faster and

have's a much higher animation count then Fnis had without sacrificing performance,but it is still in Alpha and most don't want

to chance with the new engine of course I will since I haven't played the game since Decembers Update.     

2 hours ago, CowboyBlues said:

And since nobody has updated FNIS in four years and the original MA is retired then with the newest updates make FNIS dead sadly

no, fnis still works fine. i use gog skyrim to test my SE/AE mod ports.

and gog sexlab is here: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/20058-sexlab-se-sex-animation-framework-v166b-01182024/

close any pages that load .gif files (including animated thumbnails) as quickly as possible, including opening download pages in new tabs (then closing the pages they came from) if necessary.  that helps SO MUCH with site performance.

Edited by fryingbuttless

I've actually had slower downloads for near ALL sites the last month or so, and files failing/interrupted downloads WAY more often than I used to everywhere. I'm wondering if there's some other fuckery afoot (Looking at you, C*mCast), as others I've talked to are suffering too.

Just read that Nexus claimed that their site is bogged down somewhat in the last 12-24 hours due to what they say traffic caused by the Fallout show and thus high interest in playing  and modding the Fallout games.

First, I am very thankful to the LL staff and website for being able to upload lewd mods and have them hosted here.
As a mod author though, I am finding it very difficult in the last few weeks/months to upload files and use the forums to read comments on the mods I currently support (mainly Regula Magistri).
I frequently find uploading pictures and new versions fail or take very long, and loading pages on the support forums can easily take 15 - 30 seconds per load. Its been getting worse as well, these last couple of weeks I've basically stopped using LoversLab (eg responding to any comments on the RM thread) because I simply can't use the site.

Again, really grateful for the site existing in the first place, but I do want to stress that the site issues are effecting my ability to support mods right now.

On 4/19/2024 at 10:11 AM, mircislav said:

I did no have single issue with the current version of Skyrim and FNIS so this may be a user issue.

7 hours ago, Rayblue said:

Just read that Nexus claimed that their site is bogged down somewhat in the last 12-24 hours due to what they say traffic caused by the Fallout show and thus high interest in playing  and modding the Fallout games.

Just read that myself. Nexus has been bad for several days at least.

Beware the power of the One-Eyed God.

https://nexusmods.statuspage.io/

8 hours ago, Rayblue said:

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Just read that myself. Nexus has been bad for several days at least.

Beware the power of the One-Eyed God.

https://nexusmods.statuspage.io/

According to this show's seemingly succsess and how it seems to cause sudden game sells, I sense an elder scrolls series in the near future.. Let me just..

Alp3vAnq_o.gif

Yep.. Yeah.. It's skyrim again 🥴 

(even tho Oblivion would make for a far better base for a TV Series..)