Older DD versions ARE still available on GItHub (links are in the DD dev thread). I never delete older releases. They are just 100% unofficial and 100% unsupported. I keep telling people that it's a bad idea to install outdated mods, but I have never and will never keep them from doing so.

41 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Older DD versions ARE still available on GItHub (links are in the DD dev thread). I never delete older releases. They are just 100% unofficial and 100% unsupported. I keep telling people that it's a bad idea to install outdated mods, but I have never and will never keep them from doing so.

Thank you. I didn't know this ^^.

As someone that has used a lot of your and the rest of the dd teams work in Dd4 the modder tools have been awesome and all that time you spend commenting code is very much appericate! 

Some old mods are worth the effort sometimes and if i had infinte time I'd love to keep them all updated like i did with Simple slavery but yea thing don't last forever and i have a life and job.

The game is allowing me to wear body armor while wearing bondage mittens. A message appears in top left corner that i can't equip it, but it's not actually preventing it. DD setting for hardcore mittens on or off doesn't make a difference, nor does item hider.

7 hours ago, Kimy said:

I can confirm that the git repos for DDi goes back to 2014. 

For some reason I thought the repos got reset with the start of DD4. Must have imagined it.

DDx goes back to 2014 too, and the releases are nicely tagged and everything.

2 hours ago, Zaflis said:

The game is allowing me to wear body armor while wearing bondage mittens. A message appears in top left corner that i can't equip it, but it's not actually preventing it. DD setting for hardcore mittens on or off doesn't make a difference, nor does item hider.

What you can wear depends purely on slots. Mittens use the vanilla glove slot, as do DD gloves. So any armor you equip can't possibly be in the hand slot. But they will have no impact on things in the body slot (main armor slot), which covers the torso and controls rendering of the body model.

I thought it possible to make a case for being able to wear DD gloves, *and* mittens at the same time, but the only way I can think of to do that - because of slots - is to have special code that swaps gloves with mittens and puts on 'fake' gloves that are on different slots. As this sort of thing caused endless pain with corsets and belts, I can't see anyone thinking it worth the effort or trouble. I only mention it, because if the models were cleanly merged, it would look pretty. However, more long-sleeved mittens would be just as good.

In any case, why would you expect mittens to block wearing armor on the torso?

Or is that not the complaint here?

It seems the current behaviour is correct.

(I suppose people could wish for two grades of mittens, like there are now two grades of hobble dress - which might obviate the need for the hardcore mitten tickbox - something like inflatable mittens, or hoof gloves would block all hand use, while regular mittens would simply make it very hard).

You can't dress yourself while wearing mittens, but you could be put in armor, or a nice shiny suit, by somebody else.

Possibly, if you try repeatedly, you have a chance to perform the action? I'm not sure, that may only apply to picking things up.

34 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

N... No ?

only DDa and DDx should show up in BS (check the unassigned group in BS too for more DD bodyslide files)

thanks any clue why only yokes and gags would be invisible im aware this type of thing is common and fairly newbish

i thought i was missing ddi in BS or something

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

Try it. DD gives a "roleplay" info that you can't equip the (torso) armor when you have mittens on.

Yes. As I said, that's by design.

It's not blocking equip of the item, it's stopping you equipping the item, because you can't use your hands. A script can still equip torso armor.

Or do you mean something else?

Do you mean it IS equipping the torso armor when it says you can't?

e.g.

If you are already wearing the armor, and add mittens, the armor is not removed due to slot conflict.

But if you are naked, and add mittens, you can't then put on your armor, because you are wearing mittens that stop you doing up your armor.

But Devious Lydia can still put you in a straightjacket, because it does not conflict with the mitten slots.

That's the intended behaviour. Is it not working? I'm sure it worked for me.

I'm confused about what the problem is here.

I might not be the one to fix your problem, but I don't think there IS a problem, from what you've said so far.

If you're reporting a problem, you need to explain clearly what it is:

1) Steps to recreate.

2) Undesirable behaviour that results

3) Why you did not desire it.

1 hour ago, balamora1234 said:

thanks any clue why only yokes and gags would be invisible im aware this type of thing is common and fairly newbish

(maybe someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Only the breastbondage yoke has bodyslide

Gags have no bodyslide

so if the yokes and the gags are invisible in your game there must be another issue

> check if collars show up ingame (only breast related collars and restictive collars have bodyslide)

> check if you have both DDa (assets) and DDx (expansion) installed

5 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

It's not blocking equip of the item, it's stopping you equipping the item, because you can't use your hands. A script can still equip torso armor.

It's not stopping you, is that i'm saying. It's only "hinting"... Come on, i have been clear on this all the time. You start naked, wear mittens, then normally from inventory put all clothes/armor on, except of course gloves because mittens actually do prevent that as they are same slot. But game gives you error that makes you assume that there was supposed to be a script that either blocks wearing the armor or takes it off if i try to wear, to simulate the clumsiness of hands. But there is no such script.

7 hours ago, balamora1234 said:

Gags can be invisible from at least these reasons:

1) Assets are missing or loaded in wrong order. Reinstall them, and make sure DDA comes first, then DDI and last DDX.

2) You went into device hider settings and changed something you didn't understand. Equipping "something" is now hiding the gag or yoke for you. In general you will never need to touch the 2 device hider tabs, they work with out of the box settings very well. You can set the main switch for device hider to "None", and if gag appears you'll know this is why.

3) Unsure if this is the cause for this, but having wrong skeleton installed can also cause problems. Make sure it is XP32's Extended version (XPMSE). Install last to make sure it overrides all others. The xpmse.esp is not adding anything that's needed so you don't have to enable. All the settings that it offers you can choose in the installer for that mod so they would default on.

57 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

3) Unsure if this is the cause for this, but having wrong skeleton installed can also cause problems. Make sure it is XP32's Extended version (XPMSE). Install last to make sure it overrides all others. The xpmse.esp is not adding anything that's needed so you don't have to enable. All the settings that it offers you can choose in the installer for that mod so they would default on.

A third cause, I mentioned before, is AA items that have had their slots mangled in a bad merge, or otherwise become broken.

It won't be the cause "by surprise" because you'd have to have been editing DD items in Tes5Edit.

Another cause is making a mistake with MO, so your Bodyslide outputs aren't enabled, or making a mistake with Bodyslide itself, so they are built to a sub-directory instead of inside data ... e.g. you have a path like data\data\meshes

9 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

It seems the current behaviour is correct.

(I suppose people could wish for two grades of mittens, like there are now two grades of hobble dress - which might obviate the need for the hardcore mitten tickbox - something like inflatable mittens, or hoof gloves would block all hand use, while regular mittens would simply make it very hard).

You can't dress yourself while wearing mittens, but you could be put in armor, or a nice shiny suit, by somebody else.

Possibly, if you try repeatedly, you have a chance to perform the action? I'm not sure, that may only apply to picking things up.

A bit of rant but not aimed towards you.

I like the idea of the mittens, I don't like how they were handled. Hardcore mittens shouldn't even be a thing really. While in reality it would be difficult to pick up anything wearing bondage mittens, the thing about Skyrim's magical wonderland is that items just magically disappear through the floor(thanks Bethesda). This is really something annoying that makes or rather made mittens much more a game-breaker than a game mechanic. Mehrunes Razor? Pff! That thing is lost in oblivion thanks to these stupid mittens. Actually forget reality the drop mechanic isn't even applied to the armbinder anyway and that is one big bondage mitten. I play with this option off obviously but why this option is on by default I will never know. Even if the ground did work it is just a mindless clickathon. Making it more difficult to put on armor might seem like an obvious alternative but again it is still pretty repetitive. The best thing is to leave them alone where you can't equip shit and you can't fiddle with other devices.

Rant over.

1 hour ago, Darkpig said:

Mehrunes Razor? Pff! That thing is lost in oblivion thanks to these stupid mittens.

razor.jpg.acb4691cb13bbd4c8cde5b6d3c2de3d3.jpg

If you mean this, it has a working collision for me like any blade. I just forcefully dropped it to ground a couple times, but i don't see your issue. I don't remember losing an item due dropping, except when it's somewhere outdoors and it's a small object that just vanishes into the terrain noise or i forget where it dropped it in a heat of battle. I have fought with keys lots of times with hardcore mittens, it's especially tricky when you just craft a key on a forge and it appears in the firepit. But even then i always manage to pick it up.

But in a DD playthroughs i am more willing to accept losses and stuff than in vanilla game. There's so many scenarios that can happen it's mindblowing, it's almost like the Skyrim itself is your dom, every time something is going smoothly for too long you get put down in your proper place and the climbing starts again.

2 hours ago, Darkpig said:

I like the idea of the mittens, I don't like how they were handled. Hardcore mittens shouldn't even be a thing really. While in reality it would be difficult to pick up anything wearing bondage mittens, the thing about Skyrim's magical wonderland is that items just magically disappear through the floor(thanks Bethesda). This is really something annoying that makes or rather made mittens much more a game-breaker than a game mechanic. Mehrunes Razor? Pff! That thing is lost in oblivion thanks to these stupid mittens. Actually forget reality the drop mechanic isn't even applied to the armbinder anyway and that is one big bondage mitten. I play with this option off obviously but why this option is on by default I will never know. Even if the ground did work it is just a mindless clickathon. Making it more difficult to put on armor might seem like an obvious alternative but again it is still pretty repetitive. The best thing is to leave them alone where you can't equip shit and you can't fiddle with other devices.

And then somebody writes a mod that deliberately destroys all your armor, for a joke...

It does annoy me when I forget and loot a corpse, and the contents spew out into the landscape, causing pointless save bloat.

If you fail to loot, the stuff should stay on the corpse...

I agree, alternative implementations of this might be better, and an option to enable it for armbinders too would be nice, and appropriate, (feels like the old armbinder, from when armbinders were hardcore), but the actual idea of not picking things up is good. It's the dropping that's the problem.

Blocking activate would be a way to do some of the things without spraying items across the landscape, but that too has its drawbacks.

In any case, for those it really annoys, it can be turned off.

As for the defaults in DD - it would be better for new players if it defaulted to minimum difficulty, everything off - just like DCL should default to NOT LOCKING MENUS.

The number of poor first-time players to DCL that ended up bound, with locked menus, and no idea how to get free, or if they even can ... it is greater than zero anyway.

The logical position is start easy, allow people to turn it up. DD4 starts hard by default. Yes, you can make it harder, but that's basically a setting for "escape only via DF or Devious Helpers or some other slave master/owner."

Even at the middle (default) setting you likely won't be struggling free of anything, instead you'll be having catastrophic struggles that lock off the only avenues of escape that you have. Locking menus by default is ... mischievous at best.

It seems inappropriate, because the defaults primarily impact new players who don't know what they need to change after starting a game.

25 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

If you mean this, it has a working collision for me like any blade. I just forcefully dropped it to ground a couple times, but i don't see your issue. I don't remember losing an item due dropping, except when it's somewhere outdoors and it's a small object that just vanishes into the terrain noise or i forget where it dropped it in a heat of battle. I have fought with keys lots of times with hardcore mittens, it's especially tricky when you just craft a key on a forge and it appears in the firepit. But even then i always manage to pick it up.

But in a DD playthroughs i am more willing to accept losses and stuff than in vanilla game. There's so many scenarios that can happen it's mindblowing, it's almost like the Skyrim itself is your dom, every time something is going smoothly for too long you get put down in your proper place and the climbing starts again.

I crossed out the things that don't matter. I would point out exactly where you are wrong but if somehow you or your items haven't fallen through the floor like ever in one of the most buggy games of all time then I envy you. This doesn't just affect small daggers but bigger things as well. Skyrim's collision is broke.

Losing a one of a kind item is not a feature it is a bug but if you think it is a feature then so be it. That said losing an important item is not fun for most other people even BDSM subs (Shocking I know). If you want to lose items so bad download Devious Followers. Followers with that mod don't just take your stuff, they sell it to Belethor so you have at least a chance of getting it back unlike say losing it forever or opening an unfapworthy console/additemmenu.

31 minutes ago, bob36512 said:

I would like to suggest features for your awesome mod:

How about more pony stuff like:

Bridles

Bitgags

Blinders (much less field of view)

Have you not seen DD expansion? It has all those (though the blinders are purely cosmetic)

8 hours ago, Darkpig said:

the thing about Skyrim's magical wonderland is that items just magically disappear through the floor(thanks Bethesda).

In most cases items dropped through the floor can be found in the center of the cell/worldspace.

14 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

In most cases items dropped through the floor can be found in the center of the cell/worldspace.

14 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

In most cases

There is also the fact that items on the floor tend to want you dead. Losing an item is just one of the many things that can go wrong with Skyrim's havok physics.

I do wonder though. If you drop something in the Skyrim over-world and it does fall through, does it end up in the middle of Skyrim?

3 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

There is also the fact that items on the floor tend to want you dead. Losing an item is just one of the many things that can go wrong with Skyrim's havok physics.

I do wonder though. If you drop something in the Skyrim over-world and it does fall through, does it end up in the middle of Skyrim?

This needs more research lol :)

23 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

I do seem to recall that being the case, finding items I've dropped through the ground at the giant camp in the center (the one you sometimes end up falling into when sexlab bugs out)