During the quest The Forbidden Tome, I only have 2 waypoint markers and 3 objectives "look around for Zed."  First was at Alfthand.  Second was at Raldbthar.  Third doesn't show up anywhere so I have no idea where to go.

You'll need to go to Solstheim

I just read the objective while eating a sandwich and saw that.

If you have a low level pc Solstheim is extremely hard, so it's always a good idea to take a save before starting the Forbidden Tome quest. That way you can keep restarting it until all three objectives are in Skyrim.

If you're higher level then no need to bother

Yep, it's in the one ruin unlocked halfway through the Dragonborn main quest.  I haven't even done way of the voice I need to trigger Dragonborn starting.  I'm going to reroll.  Thanks for info.

Edit: Restarting the quest from an earlier save is always pointing to the same three spots.  2 in Skyrim, 1 in Solsthiem.  Is there any way to randomize it or trigger him showing up in the last one I look at?

Yep, it's in the one ruin unlocked halfway through the Dragonborn main quest.  I haven't even done way of the voice I need to trigger Dragonborn starting.  I'm going to reroll.  Thanks for info.

Edit: Restarting the quest from an earlier save is always pointing to the same three spots.  2 in Skyrim, 1 in Solsthiem.  Is there any way to randomize it or trigger him showing up in the last one I look at?

There is more info in this thread, look it up. If i remember correctly you have to load from before entering the college or something like that.

You need a save from just before you open the bookcase and talk to Urag.

The RNG in Skyrim is pretty flaky so you may need to restart Skyrim to get it to change locations (I can't remember now it's been a long time since I played the FT quest) .

Loving this mod so far but I am having a slight issue.

After collecting the three items for Zed, I go to where it tells me to to talk to him and he is not there. I have tried Fast Travel and walking there and neither seems to spawn him. 

What can I do?

Loving this mod so far but I am having a slight issue.

After collecting the three items for Zed, I go to where it tells me to to talk to him and he is not there. I have tried Fast Travel and walking there and neither seems to spawn him. 

What can I do?

Try it with the help of console commands.

From http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Console

PRID (Pick by Reference ID) selects an item, NPC, etc. Using PRID to select an NPC before performing additional commands that you want to apply to that NPC works fine, for example prid a2c94 then setclass 13176 will cause Lydia to level up correctly.

move Player to an object or NPC: player.moveto 0002BFA2. Using this code will instantly teleport you to Hadvar's position. You must use RefID

Can anyone offer help with DD now working with followers? I've seen this question before but it never seems to have been answered.

I have one of my slaves from the simple slavery mod in a yoke, but every time he plays an animation or gets into a fight he drops his hands and they won't go back up on the bar.

I went though the DD menu and made sure it was set to handle up to 20 npc's, yet still nothing.

Can anyone offer help with DD now working with followers? I've seen this question before but it never seems to have been answered.

I have one of my slaves from the simple slavery mod in a yoke, but every time he plays an animation or gets into a fight he drops his hands and they won't go back up on the bar.

I went though the DD menu and made sure it was set to handle up to 20 npc's, yet still nothing.

Devices aren't typically designed to male characters. They're not tested on them and (in some cases) can't even be equipped to avoid graphical weirdness. Can you replicate this issue on a female follower?

Hi all, 

I'm currently having problems with the Harness. When I load a clean save without DD, the harness would show up under clothing normally. However as soon as I reload a save with DD in it, the Harness would simply disappear everytime I put on an outfit. Does anyone know how to keep the harness on with an outfit?

Thanks in advance :)!

Hi all, 

I'm currently having problems with the Harness. When I load a clean save without DD, the harness would show up under clothing normally. However as soon as I reload a save with DD in it, the Harness would simply disappear everytime I put on an outfit. Does anyone know how to keep the harness on with an outfit?

Have you checked the Devious Hider under the MCM menu?

If harnesses are under another section to be hidden while clothing (or another slot in use) is worn, that would cause the harness to disappear.

Hi all, 

If harnesses are under another section to be hidden while clothing (or another slot in use) is worn, that would cause the harness to disappear.

Thanks for your help, I tried setting the Harness under "Body slot 32" to none and that worked, the Harness now shows under clothing. 

However I can't unequip the Harness now, it shows up and all but I just can't unequip. It would shows in my inventory as unequipped. Do you happen to know the solution for this as well?

Hi all, 

Thanks for your help, I tried setting the Harness under "Body slot 32" to none and that worked, the Harness now shows under clothing. 

However I can't unequip the Harness now, it shows up and all but I just can't unequip. It would shows in my inventory as unequipped. Do you happen to know the solution for this as well?

That happens sometimes. Go to a container and try to deposit the harness. It won't let you deposit it, but it should fix the problem.

I think it may be helpful.

If player has speed less or equial then 25, in 3rd person view it can disallow player to move (1st person view works perfectly).

I encountered this trouble testing new hobble dress.

I fixed it, using variable bDampenPlayerControls=false in section [Controls] in skyrim.ini

When this option allways off PC switch from standing to running instantly, that looks ugly when players moves with normal speed. So here piece of code:

function proceed()
    Float CurrentSpeedMult = PlayerRef.GetAV("SpeedMult")
    if CurrentSpeedMult > 25.0
        Utility.SetINIBool("bDampenPlayerControls:Controls", true)
    else
        Utility.SetINIBool("bDampenPlayerControls:Controls", false)
    endif
endfunction

If player has speed less or equial then 25, in 3rd person view it can disallow player to move (1st person view works perfectly).

I fixed it, using variable bDampenPlayerControls=false in section [Controls] in skyrim.ini

When this option allways off PC switch from standing to running instantly, that looks ugly when players moves with normal speed. So here piece of code:

function proceed()
    else
    endif
endfunction

Ooooh! This is interesting! I'll try it, thank you!

By the by if you've been testing the repo version for a while, the default speed penalty has changed several times. It's 50 now and the MCM range is 25-50 so you should change it to that in your game. It should prevent the rooting unless another significant speed debuff is applied.

function proceed()
    else
    endif
endfunction

OHMYGOSHITWORKS!

tumblr_lszd1eZplD1qjywah.gif

You have just solved the last development hurdle we had in this build! Thank you so much! <3 <3 <3

Would you be interested in joining our development thread? We could use a tester like you on a regular basis n_n

I'll be happy to help in DD development.

I have noticed increasing hobble dress speed and decide to help you because I had same trouble with that dress and some other mods that affects player's speed.

My english is not good, but I think you can understand me.

I'll be happy to help in DD development.

I have noticed increasing hobble dress speed and decide to help you because I had same trouble with that dress and some other mods that affects player's speed.

My english is not good, but I think you can understand me.

Yah we've had a lot of trouble with the dress throughout the whole development process. It's gone through at least 8 official iterations (potentially more if we count experimental builds that weren't uploaded) and has been a constant source of migraines for like the last 2 weeks XD

Hopefully the version I put up on the repo is the final one because if I ever have to go back to the dress and redo it from scratch again, I'll lose my mind!

Anyways I invited you to the conversation ^^ You can access it from the messenger (envelope icon next to notifications)

Which magic skills are best for unlocking restraints? I've never had any success at skill lv 100. Lockpicking seems easier.

Alteration and Destruction give you a bonus. Actually you get the same bonus for having one of these schools as you get for Lockpicking, so it shouldn't be easier. :)

Okay, I have no idea what's going on with my game. It's already had several iffy starts and I finally got it to work (for the most part), but DD-Integration just simply WON'T WORK for me. I've tried to use several mods that use Integration (Sexist Guards, Skyrim Bound, Live a Deviant life) and none of them properly equip any of the DD-Integration gear. Skyrim Bound unequips everything like it should, but nothing else shows up. Hell, even the prisoner cuffs at the very beginning of Live another Life show up as gloves in the menu (though they are the proper cuffs when equipped to my person, though they do nothing).

So, this is what I grabbed from the SKSE.log file (since I can't remember where the file where Skyrim spits out the mod list is for the life of me).

(0 -> 0)    Skyrim.esm
    (1 -> 1)    Update.esm
    (2 -> 2)    Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
    (3 -> 3)    Dawnguard.esm
    (4 -> 4)    HearthFires.esm
    (5 -> 5)    Dragonborn.esm
    (6 -> 6)    CreatureFramework.esm
    (7 -> 7)    SexLab.esm
    (8 -> 8)    SexLabAroused.esm
    (9 -> 9)    ZaZAnimationPack.esm
    (10 -> 11)    Devious Devices - Assets.esm
    (11 -> 12)    Devious Devices - Integration.esm
    (12 -> 10)    daymoyl.esm
    (13 -> 13)    Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
    (14 -> 14)    ContinueGameNoCrash.esp
    (15 -> 15)    SkyUI.esp
    (16 -> 16)    SkyrimConfigMenu.esp
    (17 -> 17)    FNIS.esp
    (18 -> 18)    SlaveTats.esp
    (19 -> 19)    SlaveTatsEventsBridge.esp
    (20 -> 20)    dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
    (21 -> 21)    zzEstrus.esp
    (22 -> 22)    MoreNastyCritters.esp
    (23 -> 23)    SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
    (24 -> 24)    SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
    (25 -> 25)    SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
    (26 -> 26)    ZazResources.esp
    (27 -> 28)    sr_FillHerUp.esp
    (28 -> 29)    Captured Dreams.esp
    (29 -> 30)    HentaiCreatures.esp
    (30 -> 31)    sanguinesDebauchery.esp
    (31 -> 32)    SimpleSlavery.esp
    (32 -> 33)    Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
    (33 -> 34)    SexLab_Dialogues.esp
    (34 -> 27)    Devious Deviants.esp
    (35 -> 35)    SexLabDefeat.esp
    (36 -> 36)    mslDeviousCaptures.esp
    (37 -> 37)    SexistGuards.esp
    (38 -> 38)    FtM_3.esp
    (39 -> 39)    zzLSAR.esp
    (40 -> 40)    SkyrimBound.esp
    (41 -> 41)    Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
    (42 -> 42)    Alternate Start - Live A Deviant Life.esp

I don't think anything's wrong with my loadout. But even when I disable and uninstall the DD-I , DD-A and DD-X stuff and reinstall them... I still don't get anything in my game. So maybe it is something messing up? But I can't tell what it would be.

Okay, I have no idea what's going on with my game. It's already had several iffy starts and I finally got it to work (for the most part), but DD-Integration just simply WON'T WORK for me. I've tried to use several mods that use Integration (Sexist Guards, Skyrim Bound, Live a Deviant life) and none of them properly equip any of the DD-Integration gear. Skyrim Bound unequips everything like it should, but nothing else shows up. Hell, even the prisoner cuffs at the very beginning of Live another Life show up as gloves in the menu (though they are the proper cuffs when equipped to my person, though they do nothing).

So, this is what I grabbed from the SKSE.log file (since I can't remember where the file where Skyrim spits out the mod list is for the life of me).

(0 -> 0)    Skyrim.esm

(1 -> 1)    Update.esm

(2 -> 2)    Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

(3 -> 3)    Dawnguard.esm

(4 -> 4)    HearthFires.esm

(5 -> 5)    Dragonborn.esm

(6 -> 6)    CreatureFramework.esm

(7 -> 7)    SexLab.esm

(8 -> 8)    SexLabAroused.esm

(9 -> 9)    ZaZAnimationPack.esm

(10 -> 11)    Devious Devices - Assets.esm

(11 -> 12)    Devious Devices - Integration.esm

(12 -> 10)    daymoyl.esm

(13 -> 13)    Devious Devices - Expansion.esm

(14 -> 14)    ContinueGameNoCrash.esp

(15 -> 15)    SkyUI.esp

(16 -> 16)    SkyrimConfigMenu.esp

(17 -> 17)    FNIS.esp

(18 -> 18)    SlaveTats.esp

(19 -> 19)    SlaveTatsEventsBridge.esp

(20 -> 20)    dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

(21 -> 21)    zzEstrus.esp

(22 -> 22)    MoreNastyCritters.esp

(23 -> 23)    SexLabNudeCreatures.esp

(24 -> 24)    SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp

(25 -> 25)    SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp

(26 -> 26)    ZazResources.esp

(27 -> 28)    sr_FillHerUp.esp

(28 -> 29)    Captured Dreams.esp

(29 -> 30)    HentaiCreatures.esp

(30 -> 31)    sanguinesDebauchery.esp

(31 -> 32)    SimpleSlavery.esp

(32 -> 33)    Deviously Cursed Loot.esp

(33 -> 34)    SexLab_Dialogues.esp

(34 -> 27)    Devious Deviants.esp

(35 -> 35)    SexLabDefeat.esp

(36 -> 36)    mslDeviousCaptures.esp

(37 -> 37)    SexistGuards.esp

(38 -> 38)    FtM_3.esp

(39 -> 39)    zzLSAR.esp

(40 -> 40)    SkyrimBound.esp

(41 -> 41)    Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

(42 -> 42)    Alternate Start - Live A Deviant Life.esp

I don't think anything's wrong with my loadout. But even when I disable and uninstall the DD-I , DD-A and DD-X stuff and reinstall them... I still don't get anything in my game. So maybe it is something messing up? But I can't tell what it would be.

Could you explain what you mean by "doesn't properly equip"? Do you you can see the items in your inventory but not on the character? Or do you get no devices at all? Do you get any error messages or weird log output? Could you post your papyrus log please?

Uh, which log do you want and where is it? There's no longer any crashing, so it won't make a log that way.

However, I've looked in the DDi.log and... there's nothing. While Sexlab and Fuz'Roh'Doh and PapyrusUtilDev.log have stuff in them. Does that mean that DDi is just failing to load altogether?

And I don't have any of the gear whatsoever. Or at least, mods that're using Deviant Devices aren't equipping them at all like they should (though otherwise work as they should). I haven't tried simply command consoling them into my inventory because I don't know the names I'm supposed to use for said devices to get them in my inventory.

I should mention that I have the latest versions of DD-A, DD-I, and DD-X, as well as ZaZ resources and SexLab. This is rather annoying since, when I last did this stuff like 3 years ago, none of these issues popped up. Bah.

EDIT:

I looked in my SKSE plugin folder (which I saw referenced by the Fuz Roh Doh log) and I don't have an .ini file in there for Devious Devices of any kind, just a Devious Devices.dll <-- Is there a missing .ini file that makes it so the scripts won't load?