I'm not sure what the problem in your game is to begin to fix it. A few other people and I tested prior to release, and none of us encountered that error. Like I said, I forgot that message even existed, had to look through my code to find it :P.

Is Urag somehow dead in your game? Are there any other messages in the log that contain the string "Zad"? Upload the whole thing, perhaps?

I don't believe it's related to the origin of the book. The monitor to detect the book's transfer to the player fired properly, but the quest failed to start. The only thing that I know of that can cause that, is one of my quest aliases not filling. The likely cause of this being that either Urag is dead, or there isn't a single uncleared Dwemer dungeon left (Only one of the locations requires an uncleared dungeon).

Zadil and Veladarius deserve credit for the dialogue! 

And indeed, while everything eventually leads to the same conclusion, there are variances depending on what you do. For example:

• If you manage to steal the book without Urag catching you, there's another dialogue tree.
  • If you're polite to Urag initially, he won't plug you, and your interactions with zed will be a little different.
  • If you're rude to zed, he'll give you a bit of an extra punishment before sending you on your way.
  • etc, etc.

Glad you're enjoying it :P

I don't know who Urag is.. to be honest.. but I'm trying to clean save, going to see if that makes a difference. This is still a pretty new game, so definitively no none cleared dungeons lol.

Though my character does kill people indiscriminately so... they might be dead >.> But yus! Let's see what clean save does lol.

-C

well, i can't start the quest as well, tried on my current save and didn't worked, tried on a clean save and didn't worked  and neither on a completely new save

my game has few mods (most are things for SexLab and some armor replacers), so i have no idea why i can't start it, is there any special conditions i need to met before starting it?

New Version is up: 2.5.0

Assets has updated as well, and you must upgrade it in order for the new plug to work.

The "Hardcore effects" option does nothing at the moment. It will control more restrictive restraint effects in the future.
Assets now contains the SexLabNoStrip keyword once again, though it does not seem to work reliably. 

[ Changelog ]
  • Added first quest (The Forbidden Tome), along with a new type of plug exclusive to this quest.
  • Changed default key difficulty from "Easy" to "Hard"
  • Added numerous mcm options (SkyRe toggle, event configuration, volume control, quest monitor control, etc).
  • Fixed longstanding device duplication bug on dropping the device.
  • Improved library for my use / third party modding use. Much easier to use now. See zaddForbiddenTomeScript.psc for an example of usage.
  • Added numerous periodic events / messages to belts / plugs / restraints, based on current arousal level / other variables.
  • Added unique events/effects to many of the devices.

In addition, the following magic effect keywords now exist:

• zad_EffectVibratingVeryStrong
  • zad_EffectVibratingStrong
  • zad_EffectVibrating
  • zad_EffectVibratingWeak
  • zad_EffectVibratingVeryWeak
  • zad_EffectVibratingRandom ( Randomly determine vibrator strength each time effect is proc'ed )
  • zad_EffectVibrateOnCast ( Vibrate on spell cast, duration/intensity dependent on mana cost )
  • zad_EdgeOnly ( Will never let the player achieve release from the vibrator. Edge only )
  • zad_EffectEdgeRandom ( Like above, but functions 75% of the time instead of 100% )
  • zad_EffectHealthDraining ( Periodically damage health from player )
  • zad_EffectManaDraining ( Periodically damage mana of player )
  • zad_EffectStaminaDraining ( Periodically damage stamina of player )
  • zad_EffectsLinked ( Effects are linked: If a mana drain effect occurs and the device has other effect tags, all will execute. Greatly increases chance of effects proc'ing )
  • zad_EffectLively ( Increases chances of effects proc'ing. ) 
  • zad_EffectVeryLively ( Further increases chances of effects proc'ing. Stacks with "Lively" )
  • zad_EffectRemote ( If this flag is set, device will check for ProcessEffects flag in quest before executing. Not used by anything yet )
  • zad_EffectPossessed ( Not used yet )
If you wish to use these with a custom plug/device, simply create an enchantment on the device containing the magic effects that contain these keywords (zad_effVibratingVeryStrong, for example).

Awesome, cant wait to try this.. Im downloading it now as I type :D

well, i can't start the quest as well, tried on my current save and didn't worked, tried on a clean save and didn't worked  and neither on a completely new save

my game has few mods (most are things for SexLab and some armor replacers), so i have no idea why i can't start it, is there any special conditions i need to met before starting it?

Can't start the quest, as in, you're receiving the error dialogue "Quest failed to start"?

I don't know who Urag is.. to be honest.. but I'm trying to clean save, going to see if that makes a difference. This is still a pretty new game, so definitively no none cleared dungeons lol.

Though my character does kill people indiscriminately so... they might be dead >.> But yus! Let's see what clean save does lol.

-C

Could one of you provide me with a full Papyrus.0.log? 

Was this Papyrus.0.log from you generating a clean-save, or was this actually the log from before your attempt to start the quest? Because it looks like most of my scripts are missing during this load. To clarify, what I'm asking for is a complete Papyrus.0.log of you starting the game up, loading your save, and then attempting to start the quest. Also, you seem to have quite a few of the devices in your game, heh. Using Valadarius's mod?

already fixed it (just reinstaled the mod), but i never received any error message from it, i just never received it

The quest is triggered by the book entering your inventory (And the conditions surrounding this event). Thus, if you already had the book from a previous version, you may have simply needed to drop the book / pick it back up.

i had tried this  before and didn't worked, but now i'm with a differente, problem. After speaking with urag the animation plays just fine, the dialog goes well, but when he finishes i can't move, i can still interecat with things nearby (pick up stuff, sit down, start dialog with Urag, etc), but i can't take any other action

EDIT: forget it, tried once again and this time worked

That was actually the whole of my papyrus log. What I gave you originally was when I first loaded up the game after doing the Not clean save. Dropped the book, picked it up and got that error. Dropped and picked up again and same error. What I gave you the second time was the whole of my papyrus log. Whole thing. 

Oh and after the clean save I got the Devious Devices start up! thingie message. I'm trying to find where it says that in my log. I just had a CTD.. not sure why.. well I suspect it has to do with TFC. But that's another issue.

Registered Devious Devices at MCM.
[11/05/2013 - 05:33:37PM] 
[11/05/2013 - 05:33:37PM]

So I think its probably working fine. I didn't get the book via console this time, so going to try to get to winterhold. I'm in markarth currently =_= So I can do it properly and see if I still get the error!

-C

Good mod, just downloaded the new version to give a try

On the old version there didn't seem to be a way of getting them off NPC's (other than using submit to rob them) even if you/they had the key. When you tried it seemed to just duplicate the device/restraint in your inventory and leave it on the NPC

Is there a way to remove them on the new version?

Also would it be possible to add devices like clamps?

On the old version there didn't seem to be a way of getting them off NPC's (other than using submit to rob them) even if you/they had the key. When you tried it seemed to just duplicate the device/restraint in your inventory and leave it on the NPC

I'll leave Min to answer your script-related questions, but In answer to your last one:

Nipple clamps wouldn't be too complicated since they're so small. Do you have a specific kind of clamps in mind?

By the way, future questions and suggestions regarding new equipment pieces should be posted in the assets pack thread instead.

There are 2 esps and no description of in the readme. TELL ME IN THE README, PEOPLE READS THE README YOU KNOW... I AM TOTALY NOT JOKING.

Devious Devices - Integration.esp contains all of the in-game additions, sans quests.

Devious Deviants.esp contains all questline related material.

The latter requires the former.

I'll add that to the readme / main post.

If you have the key to release an npc, simply open up a trade dialogue with them, and remove it from their inventory.  If you do not have the key, this will not work. This is the same method you should use to equip the belt / other devices on NPC's. I added official support for this the release before last. If you used the console to equip it on an npc, hmm. I think you'll just have to rob them for now.

And yeah, Zadil and I co-develop this mod. Zadil's the guy you want for new item requests. I have zero graphical talent, but Zadil is pretty good at such things!

There are 2 esps and no description of in the readme. TELL ME IN THE README, PEOPLE READS THE README YOU KNOW... I AM TOTALY NOT JOKING.

Relax dude, have a sweetroll. Very simply put:

Devious Devices - Integration:

General scripts and interactions.

Devious Deviants:

Quest related additions.

I recommend you use both to get the full experience.

(Excuse my bad english)

Hello,

I have correctly done all required mod, but i have an error when i take book  in "forbidden bookcase".

" An error has occured with your installation of devious device. Please check the log for more information. Error Texte : zaddFordiddenTomeQuest. Failed to start"

What can i do about this ?

(Excuse my bad english)

Hello,

I have correctly done all required mod, but i have an error when i take book  in "forbidden bookcase".

" An error has occured with your installation of devious device. Please check the log for more information. Error Texte : zaddFordiddenTomeQuest. Failed to start"

What can i do about this ?

I'm trying to figure out why this happens for some users. Can you post your Papyrus.0.log? Is Urag dead in your game? Did you clear out all dwemer dungeons? What DLC do you have installed?