Sometimes I'd like to remove mods that I no longer use, but then I have several profiles which means that it's hard to determine which profile is using what mod (or dependencies), especially if using the same mod with different configurations.

If it is the FNIS and such output I use a different name for those files. (overwrite folder/ mod creation etc)

If it is the current mods used. that is easy. There is a feature for the saves and you can use it to see what mods are used. If you accidentally uninstall the mod (deactivate it) you can have MO fix it. If not at least it will tell you the missing mod.

Select the save from the profile of choice .. click fix mods and the missing mods will show back up.

It don't show you want you currently are using however if you do make a mistake and remove a mod you think you dont' need then it will at least warn you of that. You can Unselect the  mods in question then check the save. It will show those mods that are missing.. (esp etc. not texture and sound unfortunately)

@bradleyh..

Thanks. Somehow I must have contaminated my patches that is the only solution I can figure out based on what you state.

So likely stupid questions incoming for which Google wasn't super helpful.  My game is running more or less find but since I recently started using Bodyslide it and FNIS seem to be competing for the 'meshes' folder within the 'overwrite' folder and I'm worried about them commingling so I'm here to ask how to properly sort out the crap that's currently in my 'overwrite' folder.  I'm pretty sure I followed the directions for creating a 'FNIS Output' folder/mod correctly and I'm here to ask how to set something similar up for other overwrite folder contents and/or what, of the items in there, can be safely deleted.  Contents (Folder and any contents at that level):

CalienteTools -> Bodyslide -> Slider Presets-> Several presets that I've made

-> femalebody_0.nif, femalebody_1.nif (these are in the Bodyslide folder)

meshes -> actors -> character -> character assets -> femalebody_0.nif, femalebody_1.nif

skse -> plugins -> CharGen -> 2x .nif files, 2x DDS documents

-> Sexlab -> AnimationProfile_1.json

-> CharacterMakingExtender.txt, CharacterMakingExtender.log0, FirstPersonPlugin.txt, Fuz Ro D'oh (config), hdtHighHeelEnch.dat, hdtHighHeelNative.txt,          

hdtPhysicsTExtensions.txt

TES5Edit Backups -> Cloaks.esp.backup, Dawnguard.esm.backup, Dragonborn.esm.backup, Heathfires.esm.backup, TheEyesOfBeauty.esp.backup, Update.esm.backup

So again the question is what can safely stay in the overwrite folder, what should be moved to its own folder and what that should be called and what can be deleted.  I'm also curious about which of the two femalebody.nif sets the game is actually paying attention to.  I am also no longer using Enhanced Character Edit and I'm not sure it if or Racemenu are responsible for the CharacterMakingExtender files.

So likely stupid questions incoming for which Google wasn't super helpful.  My game is running more or less find but since I recently started using Bodyslide it and FNIS seem to be competing for the 'meshes' folder within the 'overwrite' folder and I'm worried about them commingling so I'm here to ask how to properly sort out the crap that's currently in my 'overwrite' folder.  I'm pretty sure I followed the directions for creating a 'FNIS Output' folder/mod correctly and I'm here to ask how to set something similar up for other overwrite folder contents and/or what, of the items in there, can be safely deleted.  Contents (Folder and any contents at that level):

meshes -> actors -> character -> character assets -> femalebody_0.nif, femalebody_1.nif

-> CharacterMakingExtender.txt, CharacterMakingExtender.log0, FirstPersonPlugin.txt, Fuz Ro D'oh (config), hdtHighHeelEnch.dat, hdtHighHeelNative.txt,          

TES5Edit Backups -> Cloaks.esp.backup, Dawnguard.esm.backup, Dragonborn.esm.backup, Heathfires.esm.backup, TheEyesOfBeauty.esp.backup, Update.esm.backup

So again the question is what can safely stay in the overwrite folder, what should be moved to its own folder and what that should be called and what can be deleted.  I'm also curious about which of the two femalebody.nif sets the game is actually paying attention to.  I am also no longer using Enhanced Character Edit and I'm not sure it if or Racemenu are responsible for the CharacterMakingExtender files.

I keep My Overwrite Folder clean.

I turned My TES5Edit backup Files into a Mod that does not get activated. I keep the backups for when a new TES5Edit Version is released.

I turn the FNIS output into a Mod named after the Profile I am using, and place the output from FNIS into it when I run FNIS in the Profile.

I turn the SKSE\plugins Text Files into an activated Mod. Running Skyrim does not regenerate the Text files if the Text files already exist.

I turn My character presets in SKSE\plugins into a Mod, and I copy the Mod. I had Familiar Faces consistently erasing many of the presets when I was starting a new character. 

I would turn the Sexlab presets into a Mod.

The output from Bodyslide gets turned into a Mod named after what I was trying to achieve.

I turned My TES5Edit backup Files into a Mod that does not get activated. I keep the backups for when a new TES5Edit Version is released.

I turn the FNIS output into a Mod named after the Profile I am using, and place the output from FNIS into it when I run FNIS in the Profile.

I turn the SKSE\plugins Text Files into an activated Mod. Running Skyrim does not regenerate the Text files if the Text files already exist.

I turn My character presets in SKSE\plugins into a Mod, and I copy the Mod. I had Familiar Faces consistently erasing many of the presets when I was starting a new character. 

The output from Bodyslide gets turned into a Mod named after what I was trying to achieve.

Thank you for your help.  TES5Edit and FNIS Output are taken care of.  A couple (hopefully last) more questions.  When you refer to the SKSE/plugins text files you're talking about basically everything in that folder that's not also a folder,yes?  For Sexlab presets that would involve simply copying that folder into the MO mod folder, yes?  The CharGen folder is the chararacter presets and does not need the text files in the plugins?  Lastly, which set of femalebody_0/1.nif files is the actual output and which gets deleted(?)?

Thank you for your help.  TES5Edit and FNIS Output are taken care of.  A couple (hopefully last) more questions.  When you refer to the SKSE/plugins text files you're talking about basically everything in that folder that's not also a folder,yes?  For Sexlab presets that would involve simply copying that folder into the MO mod folder, yes?  The CharGen folder is the chararacter presets and does not need the text files in the plugins?  Lastly, which set of femalebody_0/1.nif files is the actual output and which gets deleted(?)?

I am refering to ini and logs in SKSE\plugins, anything that is not in a Folder like the chargen Folder.

The Female Body used in the Game is normally in meshes\actors\character\character assets.

The Output from Bodyside (for Me) has to be modified to be able to work in the Game, I usually do this outside of Mod Organiser. The overwrite Folder is in Skyrim\ModOrganiser\overwrite. I take the files and place them into a Folder, then use 7-zip to create a Mod. There may be an easier method, but I do not regularly use Bodyslide. If I am creating Files for an Armor or Clothing Mod, I use the Original Mod and replace the nif files then rename the Mod with a -Bodyslide like "Aradia Devices-Bodyslide(CBBE)".  

I am refering to ini and logs in SKSE\plugins, anything that is not in a Folder like the chargen Folder.

The Female Body used in the Game is normally in meshes\actors\character\character assets.

The Output from Bodyside (for Me) has to be modified to be able to work in the Game, I usually do this outside of Mod Organiser. The overwrite Folder is in Skyrim\ModOrganiser\overwrite. I take the files and place them into a Folder, then use 7-zip to create a Mod. There may be an easier method, but I do not regularly use Bodyslide. If I am creating Files for an Armor or Clothing Mod, I use the Original Mod and replace the nif files then rename the Mod with a -Bodyslide like "Aradia Devices-Bodyslide(CBBE)".  

Thanks.  This seems to be working.  Or at the very least my computer isn't on fire. :D

Assuming my current settings work for what I need them too I won't be using Bodyslide much either.

MO (Mod Organizer) spilled coffee on my laptop and now it keeps shutting down at random times. :@ Would an update fix this? :huh:

Um, I suppose it couldn't hurt. I don't normally give "freak accident" support, and this is not an issue I am willing to reproduce. ;)

Perhaps open an issue on the issue tracker called "Spilled coffee on my laptop, and now MO randomly shuts down". :D

Dude, not to be salty or step on your artistic vein or something. But i was appalled by that header, so i went and made a proper logo.

zS0jsbB.png

Fonts used: Valley Forge and Dwarven Stonecraft found free at Dafont. I'll throw you a PSD if you PM. Feel free to use it.

It's not "Mod Organizer by AwfulArchdemon". Only the pic was made by me. The name on it is just a sig for the pic.

It was all PS. I didn't feel it necessary to actually draw, scan, and PS a pic from scratch. The clouds were just what I was looking for.

You were appalled by the pic? Really? I didn't realize it was so easy to offend people.

My pic was made to demonstrate a "holy" sort of ominous aura of MO lingering in the clouds, watching over us all. It was symbolism more than art. It's not supposed to be amazing, it's supposed to create an awe-inspiring calming feeling of peace of mind. Such is MO's Way. :sleepy:

AwfulArchdemon%40GBlogger.jpg

If you have an issue with MO, I'd be happy to help.

If you are using Mod Organizer and are here to report issues with dragon souls, sorry, but you're on your own as we do not support issues caused by incorrectly letting that program modify the BSA load order system the game has. Your post is likely to just be ignored. We don't have time to keep fending off false bug reports caused by people who insist on unpacking their BSA files using the program and thus subverting the entire system the game relies on for proper behavior.

So, since those devs don't want to (and I have DB trigger fuckups that are beyond explanation -- I never had anything else that touches the ambush sites), is it better that I assign the Unofficial Patches to a mod folder? I usually install them into the vanilla folder so as I have consistent coverage for all of my playthrough profiles.

I do. I installed to MO, and activated on every profile. I usually Install a patch to MO, and upon making a new profile, I always copy/paste my mod info text files from my old profile to my new one, and alter stuff from there.

Mostly, for me, I reuse all mods, and only create a new profile to use a different PC. Therefore, I basically just need to keep copy/pasting the text files, and boom...all my mods are active on the new profile. Saves me a drastic amount of time, as I have a silly number of mods.

I just switched from NMM to MO so please forgive the nOOb question. I have two profiles set up and selected the options to have separate save game files for each profile. Now I can't find my save games in the usual place (win 7 64 bit), under documents/my games etc and my save game cleaner can't see them. Does MO store save games in a separate place?

I just switched from NMM to MO so please forgive the nOOb question. I have two profiles set up and selected the options to have separate save game files for each profile. Now I can't find my save games in the usual place (win 7 64 bit), under documents/my games etc and my save game cleaner can't see them. Does MO store save games in a separate place?

Yes. It is normally in the  MO folder in the profiles folder under the profile name.

Pretty much  everything you need for MO is in those folders. Remember to always keep a safe/save copy of the:

Mods

Profiles

Load Order.

With these you can reconstruct your MO if you need to upgrade and it goes bad. Which so far hasn't happened to me. Anyway if you ever need to recreate the MO folder install a fresh copy etc these are what you need. The rest is more MO specific and as far as I can tell recreates itself each time (mod related etc) however the settings and such like the log on might need to be re-entered.

Glad I can help.

Eh.. I know how you feel. I try my best to remain impartial, but I haven't seen a mod manager that's so OCD (It's a good thing). The one drawback is HDD space, but it's a small sacrifice when you don't have to go through hell just to resolve installing in the wrong order.

If you use many, many mods, there is no doubt this is absolutely essential.