Which version? right now I'm running 1.2.11 for all my games.

Weird. Than never happened to me no matter what I did with the version you're using. I was talking about the new version.

OP is in the process of overhauling this page for maximum utility. Hopefully, sticky status is in the to-do list.

Precisely.

Now we have something weird going on though...I got 'Mark Solved' at the bottom right now. Shall I Quote the OP as the "Best Answer"? :D

Uuuuumm...okay. After looking at the OP, I'm scratching my head wondering where the hell I'm gonna put the other Beth game info. Seriously. I damn there maxed out page size with Skyrim alone. This is gonna take some careful Organizing. :P I don't really wanna resort to spoilers...

I believed I mentioned before with one thread and subpost

• General Mo
  • Previous versions :P
  • General problems and solutions (MO only not Game specific)
  • Game 1
  • Game 2
  • Game 3
  • Game 4
  • Reserved
  • Reserved.

Something along these lines will give one thread / OP and many sub OPs :P.  One stop MO Goodness. However you would have to create a new thread. Other than that you will likely be stuck with Spoilers.

Hey guys, I just noticed  "download with manager" from the nexus is not downloading to MO for me. I know it used to. Did I fuck something up?

I'm using ver. 1.2.11.

In settings under workaround tab the NMM version is set to 0.47.0

I don't really care that it doesn't work, more curious than anything.

My MO works great so I don't want to touch anything without asking you guys first.

Try

0  .52 .2

That is the settings I have for my version and I am able to download from Nexus just fine. Also re-check to be sure that something didn't change for your log on and password etc. In the end the problem might even be just that page that is having problems. That has happened to me a few times recently and it returns back to normal after a couple of hours. I can still however download other mods.

Try

0  .52 .2

That is the settings I have for my version and I am able to download from Nexus just fine. Also re-check to be sure that something didn't change for your log on and password etc. In the end the problem might even be just that page that is having problems. That has happened to me a few times recently and it returns back to normal after a couple of hours. I can still however download other mods.

Yeap, that's all it was. Thanks

Using MO 1.2.114

I installed FNIS 5.2 and the zipped File has no meshes\auxbones. My FNIS 5.2 Mod has had meshes\auxbones added to it by MO after being used in a Profile with FNIS Creatures also installed, and running FNIS.

If I play a Khajiit or Argonian I now have a character that has an immobile tail sticking straight as a flagstaff in any Profile that would be SFW.

So, my Skyrim totally crapped out on my the other day.  Couldn't load a save or fast go almost anywhere through a loading screen.  Had to uninstall and reinstall Skyrim, and while I was at it deleted and reinstalled MO.  Which did fix the same problem jap2015 was having, too.

One thing I noticed before all this started happening is that MO seems to save data from mods that are no longer installed.  I figured that out when I was installing a menu screen randomizer through MO, and if I altered the screens or music, MO wouldn't recognize the changes, because the old data was still there apparently taking precedence.

My question, is, does MO really keep track of every mod you've ever installed, even if you loaded a game with it, decided immediately it sucked, and banished it to the depths of Tartarus?  If so, can this load-up of old data eventually cause the kind of unplayable game issue I was having?  And if so, is there a way to fix it more easily than deleting the entirety of MO and spending an afternoon getting your mods back in order?

I'm aware of that, and I'd used a savegame cleaner to try and clear things out.  It found seven things to wipe, and the game still wouldn't load.

What I'm wondering is if mod "experiments" get stored in MO permanently, regardless of save/profile/etc., and that can cause issues.

I'm aware of that, and I'd used a savegame cleaner to try and clear things out.  It found seven things to wipe, and the game still wouldn't load.

What I'm wondering is if mod "experiments" get stored in MO permanently, regardless of save/profile/etc., and that can cause issues.

No. That is the simple answer.

I would, however, suggest starting another profile just to use for experimentation. That's your safest bet.

Yeah, I checked for conflicts like that and so on, but nothing.  I tried loading earlier saves, and nothing.  ONCE I got an earlier save to load, loaded the save I wanted, and crashed soon as I tried to leave the house.  Even on starting a brand new game, with the same mod order I had (and pretty much the same one I'm using now, on game with no notable issues) I couldn't go anywhere.

What I'm specifically talking about here is MO's "Data" tab.  In only really started paying attention to it when I tried using a main menu screen randomizer through MO, and when I made changes to the randomizer and loaded the changed version in MO (the old one not being there anymore), the changes didn't take effect until I went to the Data tab and "hid" all the information from the mod I didn't have anymore.  Scrolling through that tab, I noticed it had a lot of references to mods that I hadn't been using in ages, and was wondering if that was what the problem was.  Uninstalling Skyrim and deleting MO, and then rebuilding my mod library mostly from scratch seemed to fix things.

Hmm.  I did start off manual, and did use NMM before switching to MO, but I'm pretty sure I reinstalled Skyrim between those two (or at least, deleted and re-downloaded the Data folder.)

So, MO's Data tab should only keep data for mods on the current profile, and any Removed mods should be removed from Data as well?  If they aren't, does that mean I'm committing horrible user error on MO?

Using MO 1.2.114

I installed FNIS 5.2 and the zipped File has no meshes\auxbones. My FNIS 5.2 Mod has had meshes\auxbones added to it by MO after being used in a Profile with FNIS Creatures also installed, and running FNIS.

If I play a Khajiit or Argonian I now have a character that has an immobile tail sticking straight as a flagstaff in any Profile that would be SFW.

Did you install FNIS manually or via MO? The generated files may have been directed to the wrong folder. If you installed FNIS manually You might find the missing files within the mod itself. If You installed FNIS using MO the missing files might be within the overwrite folder. 

double click the Overwrite option in the mods list (1) in the left window of MO and check the to see if there are any FNIS based files there(2). If there are you can drag and drop them into the FNIS mod itself (3). 

If there aren't any FNIS meshes in the overwrite folder it may have been caused by skeleton incompatibility, have you changed your player characters skeleton prior to installing the new version of FNIS?

FNIS is installed through MO. I can open FNIS Behaviour Files in the left pane and delete the meshes\auxbones using the filetree to fix the erect tail. If this Glitch would place the meshes\auxbones into a Mod made from FNIS output placed into the overwrite folder, and not into the FNIS Behaviour Files... 

Curious issue.

Running 1.2.14 and I get this when trying to re-install a mod using MO's option.

Any ideas? Does someone else have this issue/bug?.. I use to be able to reinstall mods so long as they were still in the Downloads folder provided I didn't change any info. Now even with a fresh download and install from Nexus I get this.

So, my Skyrim totally crapped out on my the other day.  Couldn't load a save or fast go almost anywhere through a loading screen.  Had to uninstall and reinstall Skyrim, and while I was at it deleted and reinstalled MO.  Which did fix the same problem jap2015 was having, too.

One thing I noticed before all this started happening is that MO seems to save data from mods that are no longer installed.  I figured that out when I was installing a menu screen randomizer through MO, and if I altered the screens or music, MO wouldn't recognize the changes, because the old data was still there apparently taking precedence.

My question, is, does MO really keep track of every mod you've ever installed, even if you loaded a game with it, decided immediately it sucked, and banished it to the depths of Tartarus?  If so, can this load-up of old data eventually cause the kind of unplayable game issue I was having?  And if so, is there a way to fix it more easily than deleting the entirety of MO and spending an afternoon getting your mods back in order?

MO keeps track of mod Info with their .ini meta data for each mod. It also watches the main folder for the mods installed by other sources. I believe even if it is installed by NMM, FOMM or even manually. This however has nothing to do with MO as MO has no control over those mods. You case the same thing with the top files in Skyrim for example when you see "Unmanaged:Hearthfires, Unmanaged:Dawnguard" etc.

If you used any other option to install mods these mods might very well be showing up in MO and to those that don't understand the process might even think MO is holding some data. This might be what you are experiencing. Also if you click on a save it will tell you mods that are listed (yet might not even be present in the game). Which might confuse someone as well if they didn't realize the function of that task.

When you select "Remove Mod' option on the left side of the manager. That mod is removed not recorded or kept in MO. No hidden records I have found in the past several versions I have been using.

Curious issue.

Running 1.2.14 and I get this when trying to re-install a mod using MO's option.

attachicon.gifMO mods can't be reinstalled.PNG

Any ideas? Does someone else have this issue/bug?.. I use to be able to reinstall mods so long as they were still in the Downloads folder provided I didn't change any info. Now even with a fresh download and install from Nexus I get this.

You're still using your 'Downloads' folder? Thought you specifically asked me how to change that? Direct it to another folder and see if it gives the same result. (modorganizer.ini) Yet another error I've never seen. When it comes to MO, the errors I see seem sporadic, and not shared among all users. I can see how some issues have failed to pass Tannin's desk...

Curious issue.

attachicon.gifMO mods can't be reinstalled.PNG

You're still using your 'Downloads' folder? Thought you specifically asked me how to change that? Direct it to another folder and see if it gives the same result. (modorganizer.ini) Yet another error I've never seen. When it comes to MO, the errors I see seem sporadic, and not shared among all users. I can see how some issues have failed to pass Tannin's desk...

Yes I did but this is a fresh install and I am trying not to mess with MO goodness and using all the tools as provided by MO.

I can easily change this in the future if I desire however doubt it will fix this issue unless you know something I don't. This way I can also find some problems and be pretty confident it is not me or my configuration and is MO or some glitch.

EDIT:

I have chased down some issues. Changed the downloads location and that doesn't change the effect. it still gives me the same error. However... The  error is so far caused by those mods installed using the external installer. However a useful note is changing those download folders makes it easier to organize those downlods :).. Perhaps one just for LL.. :P Anyway the following is a capture of the installer in progress.

Those mods that don't need this external installer does work. Perhaps a setting? Perhaps a new compatibility issue. Hope that helps.

I hate not having a true answer for it, but I've been using installers with this version and they've been working, so it seems to be on your end, or maybe the mods' installers have an issue. Are these mods you've successfully installed using an installer in MO before? (same old mods, new issue)

They work. In fact they work well each and every time you install them. This is a minor issue however might come up so that is the reason I mention it. Now that I realize that it is only effecting those scripted mods that require the installer function of MO to activate (which is few and far between) I just have to make a note and remove the mod and install it fresh.

The problem is only when you try to use the "reinstall" function upon right clicking on the mod of choice (left side) and selecting "reinstall mod".

have you tried using this feature?.. If not try using A quality world map.. ( which I strongly advise as it is better than the original)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4929/?

Download it into the downloads folder.. (or drag and drop if manually downloaded) and install. Then right click on that newly installed mod and select "reinstall mod" .. You should get the same warning. (the mod must be in your recognized download folder for the "reinstall mod"option to work)

If you do try this AwefulD. you should experience the same error I do. If so then we both can keep a mental note on this glitch ( perhaps you can bring this to Tannin's attention if not already) so that if someone else has this issues we can confirm it and give advise. (remove and reinstall manually from file or downloads folder)