Dam,, double dam.. I was going to report this.. I was experiencing this just the other day... :D.

At first I thought it was some evil thing they were trying to do. Not something as simple as trying to get everybody on the newer version of NMM.. On that note. Is it confirmed save to change version number for NMM in MO? I don't mind downloading manually but like the option to download through MO for those very large mods when there is issues. It did help getting good copies of NMM

SKRRRRRRT! Hold up! there are some reports of SKSE problems going on at Nexus. Better give it a day, so I can see where their conversations lead. Or, you can test it out now, obviously. I'm not switching right this second, but I'll probably give in to temptation shortly here, unless I see confirmations of recurring issues.

Stay tuned...

True, true.

Da fuck's wrong with Nexus? Blocked out old versions? Literally forcing people to upgrade if they wanna download? Hmmm...trying to get downloads up to impress their affiliates? :P

YAY MO!! :lol:

Well, who knows what kind of surveillance the put into the new NMM, so they have to make sure everyone uses it :D

YAY MO indeed :)

Okay, it's my turn to ask a MO question :angel:. I've been using CK all night with MO, and I got to a point where I was finishing my created Sister for my DB, and I was just about to save/exit/test, when I made the mistake of looking at a papyrus scripts section, and almost added stuff :P.

My question:

At what point do you reach a snag with MO (compiling issue)? I know I'm not gonna be able to add custom scripts, because it won't compile, but what about existing scripts? One's from the game? If I added something, like say some dialogues, or a quest or something that are already on the list, will CK give me shit?

I suppose any time I need to press 'compile' or 'auto fill' the issue would kick in, but would that even be necessary? I'm a newb at some things in CK, simply because I never really used it. Dealing with scripts is still new to me... :-/

I know, it's in my FAQ. My concern is to test the limits of MO+CK. I wish to know what I can do in terms of existing scripts. Is it a swing and a miss on all scripts? I wouldn't even have tried if I did't think it was possible. Is compiling necessary when dealing with non-custom scripts?

For example:

I made my PC's sister. I made her daughter. Her sister works for the yarl of Solitude, and her daughter was transferred to Honorhall when my PC was arrested.

Now! Obviously if my sister works for the yarl, the sandbox scripts to keep her there are necessary, same as her daughter staying at Honorhall. Her daughter is adoptable. Script from the game again. These did not require a compilation.

There are tons of in-the-game-already scripts. I'd like to know if I can use them all without compiling. I haven't tried may things because I thought they wouldn't work, but if I'm not as limited as I thought, I'd like to where my limit is.

A custom script must be done outside of CK (for now). Will I have that issue with anything from the game? And yes, I know using CK outside of MO will work (for everyone but me). This is about MO+CK.

older version has bsa extractor working but after updating to 1_2_11 this option is no longer available ?? Any way to be able to have bsa working again ??

It has been advised not to extract BSA files using MO. MO presents the BSA and Loose files the same way. That is BSA are equal to Loose as the game sees them. Presented in the manner they are ordered. You loose the efficency of the BSA size and such. Anyway check here

I haven't turned mine one yet but the extractor still seems there for those that want it. Hope that helps.

Thanks, will try without extracting now. maybe that is why i was getting so many errors previously. Did not know that part.

I will now reinstall all mods and leave all BSA intact. previously it was not working right because scripts within bsa was overwritten by loose files skyrim\data folder.

Crap, i updated 1_2_11 to 1_2_13 now my skyrim no longer starts ?? i click on skse nothing happens.

Thanks, will try without extracting now. maybe that is why i was getting so many errors previously. Did not know that part.

I believe I was getting texture errors from some of the texture packs like the unofficial packs. My errors were from texture, mesh I believe not scripts

I will now reinstall all mods and leave all BSA intact. previously it was not working right because scripts within bsa was overwritten by loose files skyrim\data folder.

That shouldn't happen. The BSA and loose files are installed in the order that you have them on the left side. Now if you have those out of order then yes it will overwrite the ones above. Priority 1 is the the lowest priority. Bigger number = more priority. Think of FOMM. Install base mods first then the accessories that you want to overwrite later. Or in your case base animations then some patches over later. ( overwrite) In this case however it is just moving the installed mod up or down the list to get it to where you want it. ..

Experimental Haven't done this ( much) but:

There is a "hidden" option with the files both in the conflicts and the data files. I believe if you hide a file  in there that file from that mod will be hidden from the game. This is useful if there is one script of a mod and another script of a mod that you want but can't really arragnge them the way you want because one mod will overwrite the other including that one script from the previous mod you do desire. .. Hide the offending file ( single) and then it will give you no more problems. I did that once a long time when playing with this because many mods have their own skeleton. I hid the other and no matter where I moved the file up and down the list I never had another skeleton error. I believe you can go back and 'unhide' the file if you decide that you do indeed want it later. Not sure how that works profile to profile though. Haven't used it extensively yet.

Crap, i updated 1_2_11 to 1_2_13 now my skyrim no longer starts ?? i click on skse nothing happens.

1.  I don't upgrade for quite some time until I see reports from AwefulArchdemon and other that use this extensivly testing the new features. Now MO is pretty complete and the newer features are just minor fixes so I can wait. Stability is the best
  2. I would do a complete backup of the MO folder. I usually copy it off to another drive zip or something. Useful to regain profiles, saves and such if they go bad.
  3. your problem shouldn't happen. However it is a new version. Copy the complete folder
  4. make sure the exe is pointing correctly to the SKSE exe in your skyrim folder.
  5. If that isnt the fix. the only other one I have is to remove the profiles, mods,  out and then get the old copy or use a back up and restore those two files. I believe those are the only two you need for this. I use complete copies of MO instead of just files so I don't usually disect the folders anymore.
  6. Then don't upgrade again until told to... from this thread.. ;) and only when you have a complete MO backup.

I am a bit sad about the support on the STEP-website (forgive me for not using all the dots in STEP :P), although I love MO.....

I wanted to use the Skyrim Memory Patch and it needs an edited (or new) skse.ini

I tried to find the path for that ini-file, but was not able.

Sadly, STEP does not provide any help, because any question regarding the skse.ini is written in either secret code or of

no use for users that weren't born with a RAM module in their mouth.

All I wanted to know was, where the skse.ini should be placed (or is created), but the ones asking the question didn't get a real reply.

(Asking someone, who asks for the filepath "Are you sure you didn't save it as skse.ini.txt?" doesn't really help and does not answer the question about the correct filepath....) 

So, I can't use the Memory Patch that needs an edited skse.ini since nobody seems to consider that there are "tech-challenged" users hat need a "real" filepath to skse.ini (and therfore loading some saves for me is a hit and miss)

So, if anyone can answer the question: "Where should I create/modify the skse.ini to use the Memory patch?" would be my personal hero (but only if it works :P)

So, if anyone can answer the question: "Where should I create/modify the skse.ini to use the Memory patch?" would be my personal hero (but only if it works :P)

Data\SKSE\skse.ini

The "Data" folder can either be the real folder inside the Steam directory or the virtual data folder that MO creates for each mod.

I don't know if this answers your question.

This is what the content should look like...

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
;DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB= <default heap initial allocation size in megabytes, vanilla size is 512>
;ScrapHeapSizeMB= <scrap heap size in megabytes, vanilla size is 256>
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=512
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

Data\SKSE\skse.ini

The "Data" folder can either be the real folder inside the Steam directory or the virtual data folder that MO creates for each mod.

I don't know if this answers your question.

This is what the content should look like...

Thank you for the reply :)

I know that without MO, I would have an SKSE-Folder in the data-directory and place the .ini there.

With MO, I do not have that folder. I have an SKSE-Folder in my Overwrite directory but can't seem to find one anywhere else, should I place the skse.ini in there?

I always use the Overwrite for a profile and save it with the profile name in a different location when switching profiles. I am lazy and fiddle around with mods too much to turn the folder into a mod ^^

Guest endgameaddiction

Anyone else getting a maleware popup with the latest v1.2.13? I just downloaded it and it's telling me installerFomod.dll is a Trojan.Generic.

Thank you for the reply xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.5Yux4gu5_h.png

I know that without MO, I would have an SKSE-Folder in the data-directory and place the .ini there.

With MO, I do not have that folder. I have an SKSE-Folder in my Overwrite directory but can't seem to find one anywhere else, should I place the skse.ini in there?

I always use the Overwrite for a profile and save it with the profile name in a different location when switching profiles. I am lazy and fiddle around with mods too much to turn the folder into a mod ^^

Overwrite should be paid attention. That folder does not need to have anything in it. Using 'Create Mod...' utilizes that info, and combines it all into a mod, but you should be familiar with what's going in your Overwrite folder, and why it's going there.

If SKSE is the only type of folder in your Overwrite, 'Create Mod...', or perhaps just put that info into it's appropriate folder (where it would go if manually installed, but into the mod instead, in MO's case).

Don't use Overwrite as a mod folder, meaning don't start putting ini files and such in it's contents. You need to keep track of that folder, and if at all possible, keep it empty.

The Overwrite folder is guaranteed to have info if you always run FNIS. That's fine, and expected, but that might as well be the only thing in your Overwrite folder, unless you use Racemenu, and are fond of saving/exporting using it's features, in which case you are likely to see some .tri files. Different story, not getting into it.

Overwrite should be paid attention. That folder does not need to have anything in it. Using 'Create Mod...' utilizes that info, and combines it all into a mod, but you should be familiar with what's going in your Overwrite folder, and why it's going there.

If SKSE is the only type of folder in your Overwrite, 'Create Mod...', or perhaps just put that info into it's appropriate folder (where it would go if manually installed, but into the mod instead, in MO's case).

Don't use Overwrite as a mod folder, meaning don't start putting ini files and such in it's contents. You need to keep track of that folder, and if at all possible, keep it empty.

The Overwrite folder is guaranteed to have info if you always run FNIS. That's fine, and expected, but that might as well be the only thing in your Overwrite folder, unless you use Racemenu, and are fond of saving/exporting using it's features, in which case you are likely to see some .tri files. Different story, not getting into it.

Ok, I will try to keep that in mind.

But the more I read, the more I feel like a cave man trying to understand an airplane..... :-/

So, let us say, I empty the overwrite now.

I don't run FNIS to keep it clean for the time being.

Then I start SKSE through MO to create the SKSE folder and files.

I exit the game and look into Overwrite.

There is only one folder SKSE with the subfolder plugins.

I create an skse.ini in the SKSE folder and add the data provided by bjornk.

Afterwards I create a mod out of this (does the name matter? I wouldn't think so, but would like to make sure ^^)

Then I run FNIS (and can keep that data in Overwrite?)

Reading http://wiki.step-project.com/Skyrim_Memory_Patch_3.0 confuses me, though.

It states "Rename <skyrim>/skse_steam_loader.dll and place this version into that directory."

I tried to find "this version" but I am too stupid to actually find it anywhere.

It looks like I am weak with Google Fu, I can't seem to find an actual download for the Skyrim Memory Patch anywhere?

All I found is some discussions about "NotPlacebo" and discussions if it still is needed or not.

Then it says: Add the following to <skyrim>/Data/SKSE/skse.ini

So, should I put the ini-file into my Skyrim directory in my Steam folder, or do I create it as a mod with MO?

I am sorry that I am so dense, maybe someone can explain it with cave paintings? I might understand them :blush:

Is the whole Sheson thing still needed?

Where do I download what and place it where?

I am too confused now......

Guest endgameaddiction

Anyone else getting a maleware popup with the latest v1.2.13? I just downloaded it and it's telling me installerFomod.dll is a Trojan.Generic.

It's not coming from my upload...

I forgot to mention I use the installer and when I went to install it's when it warned me. I've sent tannin a pm about it to double check. Never had a problem with previous version. v1.2.9 is the current latest. I will try and see about the manual version.