- windows exceptions from outside the hook.dll are now reported only once 
- will now report the user-agent on server errors to help clear up problems with nexus filters 
- workaround: GetModuleFileName hook will no longer clear the whole buffer because a couple of applications signal incorrect buffer size 
- bugfix: reported module for non-hook.dll windows exceptions was wrong

About time.. lol.. :D

Sounds like some very good, much needed bug fixes.

Thank goodness for PubliusNV. I was talkin' MO with him here, and he found something I didn't yet see.

Tannin said:

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:45 PM

As you might know, running the CreationKit from MO works like with any other executable and MO should discover the CK automatically if it's installed.

But since the Papyrus Script Compiler is a 64bit executable and MO doesn't support those, you can't compile scripts from the CK.

Except you can, because as it turns out, the PapyrusCompiler is in fact a "Any CPU" executable, which means it contains binaries for 32bit as well as 64bit. So if we could convince the compiler to run in 32-bit mode even on a 64-bit windows we win.

And here is how you can to that:

a ) Download the "windows sdk with .net" package from the microsoft page. There are multiple versions of the package, it doesn't really matter which one you get but here is a very current one: http://msdn.microsof...esktop/bg162891

b ) Start the downloaded installer. Take note of the install location (I'll assume "C:\program files (x86)\Microsoft Kits\windows\8.1a"). During the installation you can select the features you want to install. You only need ".NET Framework 4.5.1 Software Development Kit" (or similar if you downloaded a different package).

c ) open a command prompt (in the search field of the start menu type cmd then click on cmd.exe)

d ) type in the following: "C:\program files (x86)\Microsoft Kits\8.1a\bin\NETFX 4.5.1 Tools\corflags.exe" /32bit+ "c:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steam apps\common\skyrim\papyrus compiler\papyruscompiler.exe"

(This makes the papyruscompiler always run in 32-bit mode. If you ever want to undo that, run the same command with /32bit- instead of /32bit+)

Now with the current version of MO (1.2.14 and earlier) there is one more step because currently MO has a workaround for the papyruscompiler that doesn't work 100% and won't be needed with this solution

e) Download this https://www.dropbox....w/hook.dll?dl=0 and drop it into your MO directory. This is the same hook.dll as MO 1.2.14 but with the workaround removed.

From now on you should be able to run CK from MO and compile scripts without a problem.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Please investigate! :o I'm way too busy!

Is this tool only for skyrim ?? i did not notice oblivion in selection ?? How is the current MO with oblivion anyone tested that ???

No, it's for all Beth games.

Also, I feel you. I need to get this damn thread moved to General, but that would require a major overhaul to the OP. Honestly, I'm not sure the OP could handle F3, FNV, and Obl on it.

Which is better?:

- Have a section for MO Obl, MO FNV, and MO F3.

- Add a whole MO walkthrough and a new FAQ for each game on the OP, somehow.

I want to make it more general, so it covers all Beth games, but when I look at the OP I'm like ".....uh-oh" :P

And yes, I pay Obl with MO. Works just fine. No real tricks necessary (though you may have to have Pluggy installed manually).

May the Monkey God Wrye forgive Me...

I think Mod Organiser needs a Thread in General, but some things like Properly installing FNIS for Skyrim need to be kept under the Game it applies to. Getting the CK to compile Scripts should be kept inside the Skyrim Non Adult Mods section as well.

Converting a Mod Downloaded from the Steam Workshop into an Archive with 7-Zip for Mod Organiser Installation is also Skyrim specific.

I do not think many new Users of Mods are capable of understanding that installing SKSE into Skyrim is no different than installing FOSE into Fallout 3, or NVSE into New Vegas. 

Is this tool only for skyrim ?? i did not notice oblivion in selection ?? How is the current MO with oblivion anyone tested that ???

You can use it for Oblivion. Some tools like OBBM might still be needed to be used through MO.. Wyre bash etc

I got MO working well with NV (MO should be installed in the directory of every Beth game) so it should also work for Oblivion.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer

OBBM files I beleive need to be ran through MO using OBBM as a Mod maager and then extract and create a mod from the overwrites folder as I believe OBMM can't be ran in MO.

No, it's for all Beth games.

Also, I feel you. I need to get this damn thread moved to General, but that would require a major overhaul to the OP. Honestly, I'm not sure the OP could handle F3, FNV, and Obl on it.

Which is better?:

- Have a section for MO Obl, MO FNV, and MO F3.

- Add a whole MO walkthrough and a new FAQ for each game on the OP, somehow.

I want to make it more general, so it covers all Beth games, but when I look at the OP I'm like ".....uh-oh" :P

And yes, I pay Obl with MO. Works just fine. No real tricks necessary (though you may have to have Pluggy installed manually).

One General thread... The basic functions and uses. Mod videos, Links for old versions ( 3 please any more I would say PM or request). etc.

Each thread have a post.. these are Game specific. Skyrim for Skyrim needs, Fallout with its needs and special treatment for FOMM files etc. Oblivion etc again for those post related to Oblivion and the files used there and how to get them to work properly.

Rework this thread. ... No.. after configuring the other threads, place links in this thread for those threads ( google search might land people here and all) and then request a lock of this thread. Those that need any info will go to the specific thread needed. :).

Lots of threads.. not really, only 4. One general, One Skyrim, One Fallout ( since it covers both game here on LL) and one Oblivion...

Ya know what? I would cum if we had a 'Mod Organizer' section, just like 'The SimLab'. Call it 'The Mod Organizer'. Hahaha!

Imagine a sub-forum dedicated specifically to MO...it would be...Paradise :angel: (to me...yay MO)

In the sub-forum it could be:

~ Skyrim

~ Oblivion

~ Fallout 3/NV (no need for 2 different threads there)

~ Other Games (Bioware, for example. Anything that MO archive mods for and run)

If not, I'd actually go with all Beth games on this thread. I've been getting a lot of motivation from AngryJoe lately :D, so I wanna go on a marathon. Just play anything and everything MO recognizes, and give a nice full report here. I'm sure I can figure out a way to consolidate the big-ass OP a bit.

We'll see. I'm not starting another mini-poll :P. And don't forget, I still need votes for that! I'm good with either decision, but I'm getting my new Win7 either today or tomorrow, so that's when I make all final decisions on this comp.

I will post that in bold on my next post. It'll say 'Reserved' for a moment while I get the whole thing typed, so don't be surprised when you see it, and start asking me why it's there :P.

To be clear, I'm doing the multi-game thing so it can be all on one 'Pinned' thread. Besides, I don't see Obl/FNV MO questions nearly as often as I do for Skyrim. Also, we have a Team here, and all of us have these games (I think), and have played them with MO. We should be able to answer anything IMO.

However, this is only if Mod Organizer can't have it's own section. If it's totally fine to open a whole sub-forum simply called Mod Organizer (*sniff* Tannin would be so proud!1f639.png), that would be just plain awesome. If not, this thread should be it.

It's really all for the pin. Covering just Skyrim, it's not really worthy. Life would have been easier for quite a few people if it was pinned a while ago. I've probably answered questions on over 5 other random threads from people with MO issues. Plus, I'd never expect 2/3 other MO threads to be pinned. You know?

People should be able to come here for MO questions. Period. Not necessary to separate games into other threads. I have all but Fallout 3. Never actually played that.

-Attention-

-Atención-

-Aufmerksamkeit-

-Attenzione-

-Uppmärksamhet-

-注意-

-アテンションプリーズ-

:ph34r:

Warning! Warning! Shit's gonna be all fucked up! Don't worry!!

WTF am I talking about? Either today, or Thursday, I'll be reinstalling my OS. This means a transfer of all pics and mods, temporarily. Everything I ever posted will come up as 'Broken', and pics will break too.

MO will will be unavailable here on that day (I'll warn you all first, of course), until I finish the reinstallation, and the retransfer of pics and mods. This will be a quick problem, and It'll all be fixed very soon after.

Here is a list of my mods, which will be unavailable for that time:

~ Private Needs BM ~ Skyrim

~ Hearthfire Aesthetics ~ Skyrim

~ Ino-P2-v1.2 ~ Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution

~ Reanimated Itachi Redone + Darker Akatsuki Robes ~ Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution

~ AwfulArchdemon_CroppedBow_Transparent-v1.0 ~ The Sims 4

AwfulArchdemon_Polo_HotBlonde-v1.0 ~ The Sims 4

~ AwfulArchdemon_TshirtCrew_Devil-v1.0 ~ The Sims 4

~ AwfulArchdemon_ShortSleeve_LTongues-v1.0 ~ The Sims 4

~ AwfulArchdemon_ShirtCowl_BOOB-v1.0 ~ The Sims 4

~ AwfulArchdemon_ShirtCowlBlack_LKiss-v1.0 ~ The Sims 4

~ AwfulArchdemon_PinkChemise_Kiss-v1.0 ~ The Sims 4

~ AwfulArchdemon_BraSports_HotDate-v1.0 ~ The Sims 4

~ AwfulArchdemon_Shorts_Heart-v1.0 ~ The Sims 4

~ AwfulArchdemon_ButtonUp_LoversLab-v1.0 ~ The Sims 4

All the Dragon Age II mods I posted:

~ Bidelles Cosmetics II No Eyes Included-2311-1-3
~ Bidelles Cosmetics II With Eyes-2311-1-3b
DA_CharGenMorph_Compiler_v123-971-1-2-3
Dalls_Girls_v14-3184-1
~ Desire Demon Topless V1_1-2265-1-1
~ DFA - Armors for All-2645-1
~ DFA - No Helmets-2645-1
~ DFA - Tallis-2645-1
~ Diversified Follower Armors-2645-0-95b
~ EF Underwear Replacer2-3034-1
~ Equip_Your_Party_v3_A-2646-3A
~ Exaggerated_Bethany-1
~ Exhilarants Majestic Armor-2814-1
~ Fabled Weapons Collection v1_2-2842-1-2
~ Final_v3
~ Hide ALL except Bow and Quiver-2150
~ Isabela Topless V1_1-2265-1-1
~  Marian Hawke DA2 Launcher-2652
~ Merrill Pack A-3032-v1
~  Merrill Pack B-3032-v1-1
~ Merrils sexy Robe - new-2609
~ MotA Party Dress Replacer - Shangrilla-3238-1
~ Naked - Female_Full_Underwear_replacer_2_1-3221-2-1
~ PTs Makeup Intensifier 1_0-2648-1-0
~ Shadow Dancer Adult v2-2721-v2-0
~ Starfang Arcane Longsword 1_0_Normal Level Version-3639-1-0
~ Sunnies DA2 Custom Items 1 v4-1-2756-4-1
~ TnT_Risque_Adult_v2-2721-v2
~ TnT_Underarmors_v3-25S fonglee edit-2386
~ TnT_UnderClothes_v3-24b-2386-v3-24b
~ Vigilance Longsword - Less Powerful Version - 1_0-3577-V1-0

And of fucking course:

(drumroll please...)

~ Mod OrganizerTM   by Tannin

Needless to say, you can still get MO on it's other upload sites, all of which are listed on the OP

Threads that will be affected:

~ Mod Organizer!

~ SimLab

~ Random posting of pics to threads and PMs

So, when you see broken pics, or try to dl MO, and it gives you an error, don't be surprised, and don't worry. Your friendly neighborhood Archdemon will handle it. ;)

I'll let you all know when it's goin' down.

I don't see Obl/FNV MO questions nearly as often as I do for Skyrim.

Perhaps because they don't see it in their forum? ... ;)... Also there are specific needs that they have that isn't present in Skyrim. It takes a bit of more work to get HUD mods to work with them and the whole OBMM issue and getting them to work as well ..

It's really all for the pin. Covering just Skyrim, it's not really worthy. Life would have been easier for quite a few people if it was pinned a while ago.

We don't need it pinned... we just need more activity on this thread... then it will always be near the top..:D..

On a serious note.. Why not ask a moderator to Pin this thread. It is a help thread and the "Official" thread has seemed to drop to the side of the road so to speak so there isn't really much of a place to go to for basic MO questions at least not centralized. It should lower the new post as individuals can be redirected to this thread for their MO needs. It does fit the way the Admin/Moderators desire this forum to flow.. The only confusing part for some is this is a Skyrim thread when they might have an Oblivion or Fallout question..

All true, though I still say there aren't nearly as many Obl and FNV questions as Skyrim. I tend to check for MO tags and such.

And I'm not asking a moderator to pin the thread.

Ashal said no. I'm not about to put a moderator out there like that. It would deceive both of them.

It's not really about the thread, it's about people being able to find it. Makes support much easier for everyone, since we have people like RC popping in to answer most questions ;), and this is the first place I check every day. I don't always look around for other MO threads, but I do sometimes.

In the long run, things will be better for us all.post-111270-0-07169500-1413932604.pngA nice, easy to find thread, all about Mod Organizer in General (literally). Makes sense. Why cover one game, when I have 3? Besides, this thread is more about MO issues than mods. Mods have their own support page (usually...).

Really, the reason it's not in General is because I failed miserably to post it in General when I made it :P. I only played Skyrim then, so that's what I learned first. Once I understood MO, I eventually hooked other games up to it.

Also, I didn't know I was gonna be support. I figured I'd get a few questions, but then, well...102 pages went by :D, and the OP transformed like Voltron.750d8d56de4d4c5b43615c0bad59955b13128951

I'm gonna mark 3,000 posts right here, on...

Mod Organizer

I'm going to mark 4951 post right here on ...

Mod Organizer

:D

ON a serious note.. I didn't know that Ashal didn't want it pinned. Don't know why considering how active this is.. or maybe because of it.. Anyway. If you move to General and such it will be better. Those that desire might help by placing a link to that page in their sig.. When they see a MO question. State link in sig for help.. :D.

Also who is the RC Popping? :D

Oh when you do create this new thread will the games have a separate entry/post there on that thread? You know like:

1. MO What is is, where to get it and what to do when you do .. :D ( a couple of older versions etc)
  2. External links ( Gophers links, STEPS etc)
  3. Common problems ( like how to create a merged mod, executable shortcut entry, script extenders installation and use, overwrites folder what to do and when to do it etc.
  4. Skyrim and MO.. Common issues and their solutions.
  5. Fallout and MO. Common issues and their solutions
  6. Oblivion and MO. Common issues and their solutions.

Lots of individual post but they would be separate and able to be modified without blowing out your main post and they would be linkable to boot..

Hmmm...that's assuming MO will be a sub-forum.

That sort of thing would be up to Moderators, or just other people. If new threads would be made, I sure wouldn't create them all.

If not, I'll just have this one, which is fine. I'll need to see how many important videos there are for 'MO+CrucialMod' for FNV/F3/Obl. The OP can be adjusted (and would have to be).

Also who is the RC Popping :D

Makes support much easier for everyone, since we have people like RC popping in to answer most questions  ;)

So, I'm gonna do a reinstall Thursday. I'll have more free time then, so I can see the whole process through to the end, without losing sleep (fuck*ng 8 am classes!). Can't wait to remember how fast my comp used to be :P.

OK, I was asked to state my problem here and this is it:

I have a new Skyrim on Steam (vanilla), Skyrim works, OS Win XP 32bit.

I always work as administrator on my PC.

I installed MO directly into the Skyrim Folder.

When I want to run MO there is only an error-window saying:

"Prozedureinsprungpunkt "QueryFullProcessImageNameW" wurde in der DLL "KERNEL32.DLL" nicht gefunden"

in Englisch this means about

procedurejumppoint "QueryFullProcessImageNameW" wasn't fount in DLL "KERNEL32.DLL" ".

I can only klick OK to close it and then nothing. MO does not write any log-files.

Mod Organizer Version 1_2_14

I was thinking maybe MO doesn't support XP any more like the programm "LOOT".

Or are there any required changes to my Skyrim to make MO work?

After that I tried NMM which works.

(Now I uninstalled everything deleted all folders and reinstalled Skyrim so I have it vanilla again.)

Hmmm...that's assuming MO will be a sub-forum.

No.. my point was you can reserve the following post numbering as many as you needed to establish different features. Much like  a mod author uses added post below their OP for Old versions, beta versions, conflict resolutions etc. It was referencing what you can do with one single post in General section. Yes you can use it for a sub forum but if Ashal won't pin the thread to forum I am pretty sure he won't create another sub-forum just for MO. He'd create a separate one for Fallout 3 first in my opinion before he did one just for a mod manager. Even one as great as MO.. :D.

"Prozedureinsprungpunkt "QueryFullProcessImageNameW" wurde in der DLL "KERNEL32.DLL" nicht gefunden"

procedurejumppoint "QueryFullProcessImageNameW" wasn't fount in DLL "KERNEL32.DLL" ".

I can only klick OK to close it and then nothing. MO does not write any log-files.

(Now I uninstalled everything deleted all folders and reinstalled Skyrim so I have it vanilla again.)

There was an issue like that with an older version, too:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TnTTnT, on 30 Jun 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:snapback.png

Spoiler 

AwfulArchdemon, on 30 Jun 2014 - 12:34 AM, said:snapback.png

TnTTnT, on 29 Jun 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:snapback.png

Switch from NMM to MO 1.2.6, everything seem to be OK except MO always pop-up error cannot write modorganizer.ini because same file already exist everytime I try to run external binary ie. GenerateFNIS, LOOT, SKSE.

Is it because Windows XP?

Something's preventing MO from adding lines to your ini. Unfortunately, I don't know what that something is. I've had no time to test anything lately. I'm so busy my head's spinning. I do know that MO works on XP, so your OS is fine.

You say everything works though, aside from the error? I have to wonder why running SKSE would give you an error like that. If you get any in-game problems, let me know. seeing an in-game error usually makes problems easier to identify.

There is no any ingame error, the game startup just fine.

The problem is just I have to click OK to 3-4 error report that MO cannot write to the .ini and other relate issues.

Will capture screen of each error tonight, it may help you to think about possibility.

:blush:

I'm getting the same error. Windows XP as well.

Hopefully the maintainer doesn't fall into the "you should upgrade" mentality.

EDIT: The second error: "Failed to write settings" title, body of error says "An error occured trying to write back MO settings: The file name is too long. (errorcode 111)"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It works on XP. Hopefully, that issue hasn't returned. However, I must ask: Did you use the installer, or the extract the zip file? (installer hasn't been working I hear)

Not sure if LOOT supports XP though. No idea.

just two quick questions/clarifications.

first, the conflicts tab shows conflicting files that are packaged inside the .bsa yes? 

second, is there some way to see all of the files inside the .bsa, not just the conflicting ones, without first unpacking it?

If there is a conflict of any kind, anywhere, MO should tell you where it's coming from. BSAs have not escaped Tannin's notice.

I take it you're having a conflict that can only be coming from a .bsa?

Open the mod in explorer, and double-click the BSA. Boom. List of ingredients. I believe you'll need to have FOMM installed to get that to work, though. The icon will need to look like a biohazard symbol.

post-111270-0-06726300-1414187565_thumb.jpg

Okay! The process begins now! <

^

I'll be moving everything I need to keep over to a USB, and reinstalling Win 7.

Everything I ever posted will break, and then suddenly resurrect a couple hours later. Expect errors if you try to download anything I made before I return to give the OK.

This also means no MO from this thread for a little while. No worries. All will be well soon enough. Scout's Honor. (not a scout, just borrowing their "Honor" for a couple hours :P)

I would have done this last night as I said, but it took all night for my Win 7 "ready message" to be mailed to me. A little late, but it goes down now.

There was an issue like that with an older version, too:

TnTTnT, on 30 Jun 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:snapback.png

Spoiler 

AwfulArchdemon, on 30 Jun 2014 - 12:34 AM, said:snapback.png

TnTTnT, on 29 Jun 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:snapback.png

Switch from NMM to MO 1.2.6, everything seem to be OK except MO always pop-up error cannot write modorganizer.ini because same file already exist everytime I try to run external binary ie. GenerateFNIS, LOOT, SKSE.

Is it because Windows XP?

Something's preventing MO from adding lines to your ini. Unfortunately, I don't know what that something is. I've had no time to test anything lately. I'm so busy my head's spinning. I do know that MO works on XP, so your OS is fine.

You say everything works though, aside from the error? I have to wonder why running SKSE would give you an error like that. If you get any in-game problems, let me know. seeing an in-game error usually makes problems easier to identify.

There is no any ingame error, the game startup just fine.

The problem is just I have to click OK to 3-4 error report that MO cannot write to the .ini and other relate issues.

Will capture screen of each error tonight, it may help you to think about possibility.

:blush:

I'm getting the same error. Windows XP as well.

Hopefully the maintainer doesn't fall into the "you should upgrade" mentality.

EDIT: The second error: "Failed to write settings" title, body of error says "An error occured trying to write back MO settings: The file name is too long. (errorcode 111)"

It works on XP. Hopefully, that issue hasn't returned. However, I must ask: Did you use the installer, or the extract the zip file? (installer hasn't been working I hear)

Not sure if LOOT supports XP though. No idea.

It might be a .Net issue. XP has older versions installed by default. Not sure if it is the case or if you can upgrade it to a newer version.. Might be some other requirement that is missing as well.

just two quick questions/clarifications.

first, the conflicts tab shows conflicting files that are packaged inside the .bsa yes? 

second, is there some way to see all of the files inside the .bsa, not just the conflicting ones, without first unpacking it?

If there is a conflict of any kind, anywhere, MO should tell you where it's coming from. BSAs have not escaped Tannin's notice.

I take it you're having a conflict that can only be coming from a .bsa?

Open the mod in explorer, and double-click the BSA. Boom. List of ingredients. I believe you'll need to have FOMM installed to get that to work, though. The icon will need to look like a biohazard symbol.

attachicon.gifMO_FOMM.jpg

Dont' think that works for everyone.. I click and I get the program open prompt. I have to select a program to open the BSA in before I get to where you are.

anyone mind telling me where and how i can find papyrus log? i have add these

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=0 (as well as 1)

and no logs show up. i apply it not only in "document/my game/skyrim" but also in profiles, still doesnt show up. i even searched entire C: drive for papyrus log, nothing.