No problem ! I understand ! So if I use this STRG/CTRL thing when creating meshes for my body/outfits/armors/etc. I have to put them in a folder not in the Skyrim one and then zip them so I can use MO to install them, right ?

Couldn't all these modders just take the time to meet and finally do things together so users can have an ultimate working program ? It's kinda exhausting to learn how, when and why using a tool or another. No wonder why so many people are lost and so many bugs/conflicts occur ! With all these tools doing all these things to all these files it's just a big mess! 

Man ! After 2 years of Skyrim modding I am still not happy with the wonderful tools around ! Is it me or is this world going crazy ?

And nooooowwwww... let's start everything from scratch once again ! w00t ! (*ironic)

Yeah some tools are good but not userfriendly sometimes.

When you create a Body while holding CTRL key, the two files will be in the Bodyslide 2 folder.

When creating the "Batch Build" while holding CTRL key for multiple outfits, you can select what to build, you can choose a folder where to save all this.

The Problem with MO is that MO doesn't know from what Mod the generated files are from. One time I wanted to test Bodyslide and it overwrote my UNPB.

Same for armors. If there is a mod which installs the same meshes, the files in the mod will be overwritten. AND I MEAN OVERWRITTEN!!! It fucks up the original mod.

Example:

- Mod for Armor XYZ (lets say for nomal CBBE)

- Bodyslide 2

- Bodyslide 2 Preset for XYZ (only the Bodyslide 2 files!)

When you generate the armor files from "Mod for Armor XYZ" will be overwritten by the generated files, they will be put in "Mod for Armor XYZ".

It could be fixed easily: Everyone who created Presets for Bodyslide 2 just needs to put a generated mesh into his archive which then can be overwritten:

- Mod for Armor XYZ (lets say for nomal CBBE)

- Bodyslide 2

- Bodyslide 2 Preset for XYZ (Bodyslide 2 files + meshes for armor generated for lets say CBBE)

I hope this help some people. I stick with my external folder of Bodyslide and zipping files. This gives me full control even if I have to do more work.

Note : this installer will not be aware of other installed mods!

Hello my fellow Alien traveler... :D

When I started I was afraid of that as well. The only time I am concerned now is if the mod being installed needs to access or change some of the files from another mod. One such example is the HUD programs in FNV. They need to see each other to create various changes to files already present in the game. Normal mods don't need that level of access.

The beauty of MO is you aren't changing anything permanently. Do as MO instructs by installing the mods through MO first (obviously unless you have seen instructions like for the HUDs above). If it don't work nothing harmed. You can dump those mods and reinstall them again if you find that you need to follow some special instructions. This is safe as the Data folder has no changes done to it. The only thing you wasted was the time to install that mod. NO worries of reinstallations etc.

@everybody

Perhaps once my dam computer from hell decides to stop screwing with me I will create a LL thread focusing on nothing more than special instructions for the various mods here and elsewhere in relation to installing and configuring. There I can watch and post instructions as they become refined into the OP. Of course if someone here likes that idea and has more experience with MO than me (almost anybody else here has more than me) is free to do this as well. No problems.

After checking the log files, it seems that the game crashes often while accessing Skyrim - Sounds.bsa and Skyrim - Voices.bsa, so would it be better to extract them instead?

EDIT: NVM, I found out that I crashed because of the sound format defaulted to 24-bit/48000hz (the same glitch which caused some games to CTD), so I set it to 16-bit/48000hz (or DVD quality), tried it and didn't experience a CTD in two hours of dungeon-diving.

It's a good idea to check the mods file tree once you've installed it. Sometimes, mod author's, throw an unintentional folder in with their mods, or not enough. Had an armor mod once that went meshes\armor\armor\"nameofarmor"

Had another just post the nif so I had to manually create the path. 

My methodology is whenever I install a mod through MO, I select the mod on the left hand side and right click it and choose, "Open in Explorer." 

Once I've made sure the folders are as they should be I check the flags to see if anything is being overread or something overrides the mod I just installed. 

Then I check that little triangle and exclamation point up in the top right to see if it has any nice messages for me. Like hey jack ass, move the unofficial skyrim patch before the dawnguard one. 

I've been using MO for a while now. Over a year I think and it's amazing. You'll never go back to NMM again. 

After checking the log files, it seems that the game crashes often while accessing Skyrim - Sounds.bsa and Skyrim - Voices.bsa, so would it be better to extract them instead?

That is an interesting question ! Hope seeing someone replying to this one !

And thank you guys for sharing your experience with us about MO, it is very useful !

Now I've got a problem : When I launch Skyrim by using SKSE in MO and start a new game there is a weird bug where my PC is stuck in the wagon and the wagons and horses have a weird behavior and the Helgen gates are closed. It doesn't happen when I do all this without MO, is it a known bug and is there a way to fix that without using Alternative Start - Live Another Life mod ?

I've had this happen and dumping the saves that get put in the default location (documents/my games/Skyrim) fixed it. I know it's worked for others. too.

Besides, you don't need save files in that location anymore. MO will store them for you, which is how it keeps saves for different profiles/character seperated. To make sure MO is storing your saves....

Click the profiles icon at the top (third one from the left) and a new window will open. Near the bottom of this window are options for "local savegames" and "automatic archive invalidation". Check both of those and MO will store them instead of putting them in documents/my games/Skyrim. If you are running multiple profiles/characters be sure to check that option for each one as well.

I've had this happen and dumping the saves that get put in the default location (documents/my games/Skyrim) fixed it. I know it's worked for others. too.

Besides, you don't need save files in that location anymore. MO will store them for you, which is how it keeps saves for different profiles/character seperated. To make sure MO is storing your saves....

Click the profiles icon at the top (third one from the left) and a new window will open. Near the bottom of this window are options for "local savegames" and "automatic archive invalidation". Check both of those and MO will store them instead of putting them in documents/my games/Skyrim. If you are running multiple profiles/characters be sure to check that option for each one as well.

I deleted all saves in default location and nothing changed. Do you have another idea ?

Not sure. Besides disabling all you mods besides body/mesh/texture mods until after you escape Helgen I don't what else you could do. Well, Alternate Start is a viable option. I always use that myself since I'm sick of that wagon ride. :lol:

Yeah, I do know. Same for me but I prefer using the vanilla start on fresh installs as it is better to see when things work or not imo.

Btw, I've found a solution and it is really weird.

What did I do ? Installed FNIS 5.0.2 with MO, installed the tools folder unzipped from FNIS 5.0.2 zipped file manually in Data folder and ran Generate FNIS For Users with MO... and voilà ! Now I can launch Skyrim by using SKSE with MO and the bug no longer exists.

Now the thing is WHY did I have to use FNIS with MO on a freshly new profile to fix that bug that doesn't exist if I launch Skyrim by using SKSE without MO ?

Now the thing is WHY did I have to use FNIS with MO on a freshly new profile to fix that bug that doesn't exist if I launch Skyrim by using SKSE without MO ?

My alien friend I found I had to run FINIS each profile I created at least once to make sure it worked properly.

How I install mods (when I did in the past...lol) I would install all the mods into the "default" profile.

Create a new profile, click on import the save (where it was clean all my saves in the "default" were clean unmodded Skyrim saves ;) )

Click on the mods I wanted to use and set up the BSA/textures and any priorities yada yada

Make sure the Overwrite folder is clean

Run FINIS.

Pack the results of the Overwrite folder into a custom mod

Click on the SKSE and play.

The reason I had to re-run the FINIS on all the mods and every profile is because the SAVE isn't part of the FINIS profile that was created. 

That is my experience at least (as far as I can remember) could be wrong.. could be overreacting and FINIS to much but it work and no weird floating A bodies for me.

Reminds me of my time floating in a clone tank.. .. shudders. :P

My alien friend I found I had to run FINIS each profile I created at least once to make sure it worked properly.

If so, my fellow alien, FNIS should be considered as a requirement for MO, or at least as a bug fixer and as such, recommended, don't you think so? 

How I install mods (when I did in the past...lol) I would install all the mods into the "default" profile.

Meaning you are not playing Syrim anymore ?

Create a new profile, click on import the save (where it was clean all my saves in the "default" were clean unmodded Skyrim saves )

Click on the mods I wanted to use and set up the BSA/textures and any priorities yada yada

Make sure the Overwrite folder is clean

Run FINIS.

Pack the results of the Overwrite folder into a custom mod

Click on the SKSE and play.

The reason I had to re-run the FINIS on all the mods and every profile is because the SAVE isn't part of the FINIS profile that was created.

That is my experience at least (as far as I can remember) could be wrong.. could be overreacting and FINIS to much but it work and no weird floating A bodies for me.

Thank you very much, here is one of my finest gifts, just for you...

post-252277-0-53955800-1395093725_thumb.jpg  :D

Hey ! I was kidding ! Don't be so selfish ! Light it up then give it back to me ! This shit prevents me from puking when I see humans !

Reminds me of my time floating in a clone tank.. .. shudders.

Never tried that, is it painful ?

If so, my fellow alien, FNIS should be considered as a requirement for MO, or at least as a bug fixer and as such, recommended, don't you think so?

MO runs many mods from many games so FINIS really can't be a requirement for MO. However FINIS is critical and one of the first things that should be installed in any modded Skyriim Game, shortly after all the unofficial patches.

Meaning you are not playing Syrim anymore ?

Not much recently. Working on my computer and setting up my gaming so that I can investigate the mods and modding.

Thank you very much, here is one of my finest gifts, just for you...

That would really cause me to "float". Not good in a gravity situation. Bump one wrong button or lever and I crash. Much like my cousin that crashed in Roswell. :P

Never tried that, is it painful ?

Na, every try water boarding torture?

Back on topic please?

Anyway, sorry for any late replies. I'm at the college dorm Sunday - Thursday, so no LL when I'm there.

@RC: please spell FNIS right. I don't want anyone getting confused.

@dje34: FNIS will never be a requirement. Not all mods need it.

Break starts this time next week for me, so it's all MO after that. I have a new version of HA coming out then too, so I'll be online endlessly. School studies end, and MO studies resume ;).

Mod Organizer - Why use anything else?

I got bit of a mysterious problem with MO and BodySlide2... been trying to figure it out whole day. Anyways I've been using Bodyslide and Outfit studio through MO without any problems so far, all the generated stuff went to /overwrite, everything was working perfect. Yesterday I wanted to retest some .nifs generated by OS and looked in overwrite folder but they simply werent there. I looked in MO itself and they were missing. Its no big deal but the real problem arose, everything that gets generated by bodyslide is INVISIBLE but WORKING in game itself... which meant Bodyslide was writing directly to /mods folder (confirmed). Not sure if this is necessarily bad but I'm curious if anybody has an idea WHY this happened? I havent changed any setting for a long while and just wanna know if this is a legit setting or bug/feature :)

Just to note, FNIS, bash, and all other patcher stuff still normally go to overwrite folder.