I got bit of a mysterious problem with MO and BodySlide2... been trying to figure it out whole day. Anyways I've been using Bodyslide and Outfit studio through MO without any problems so far, all the generated stuff went to /overwrite, everything was working perfect. Yesterday I wanted to retest some .nifs generated by OS and looked in overwrite folder but they simply werent there. I looked in MO itself and they were missing. Its no big deal but the real problem arose, everything that gets generated by bodyslide is INVISIBLE but WORKING in game itself... which meant Bodyslide was writing directly to /mods folder (confirmed). Not sure if this is necessarily bad but I'm curious if anybody has an idea WHY this happened? I havent changed any setting for a long while and just wanna know if this is a legit setting or bug/feature :)

Just to note, FNIS, bash, and all other patcher stuff still normally go to overwrite folder.

That's just how OS2 is made. It's more of a OS2 question. Ask there. He may update it to send the generated files to a different folder. Not sure. You'd have to ask.

is there away to make mod organizer be able to load Fake full screen ?? i keep getting an error when trying to load this though Mod Organizer.

MO doesn't support 64 bit binaries. The app won't work with MO. Inquire about this on the FFS thread on Nexus. The question about MO was asked there at least once before, but I didn't see an answer.

I got bit of a mysterious problem with MO and BodySlide2... been trying to figure it out whole day. Anyways I've been using Bodyslide and Outfit studio through MO without any problems so far, all the generated stuff went to /overwrite, everything was working perfect. Yesterday I wanted to retest some .nifs generated by OS and looked in overwrite folder but they simply werent there. I looked in MO itself and they were missing. Its no big deal but the real problem arose, everything that gets generated by bodyslide is INVISIBLE but WORKING in game itself... which meant Bodyslide was writing directly to /mods folder (confirmed). Not sure if this is necessarily bad but I'm curious if anybody has an idea WHY this happened? I havent changed any setting for a long while and just wanna know if this is a legit setting or bug/feature :)

Just to note, FNIS, bash, and all other patcher stuff still normally go to overwrite folder.

That's just how OS2 is made. It's more of a OS2 question. Ask there. He may update it to send the generated files to a different folder. Not sure. You'd have to ask.

Yes, its in a different folder. If it finds bodymeshes or armormeshes in the same location, they will be overwritten from where they are.

Example of mods in Order (Obscure, but I this was what i had when i run into this "BUG"):

- UNPB (here are bodymeshes)

- CBBE (bodymeshes too, will overwrite UNPB)

- Bodyslide 2 (no meshes, only slider data)

When I generated, no meshes in BS2 Folder or "overwrite". They were in CBBE, overwriting what was originally installed. UNPB stayed the same as in didn't get laoded into the virtual filesystem thingy.

The same happens with your Armors.

FIX: TO ALL "SLIDER MAKES":

Just include a per-generated armor in you ZIP which can be overwritten.

Another Workaround: Bodylide NOT in Skyrim/Data, install everything externally. Generate with CTRL pressed and klick the Button. Bodyfiles will be next to the EXE, for Batch you can select a folder.

is there away to make mod organizer be able to load Fake full screen ?? i keep getting an error when trying to load this though Mod Organizer.

MO doesn't support 64 bit binaries. The app won't work with MO. Inquire about this on the FFS thread on Nexus. The question about MO was asked there at least once before, but I didn't see an answer.

You're absolutely right. This program should work fine, as stated in my OP. I'll get to the bottom of this, ASAP!

I've screwed around, but nothing I can report. I'll nail all specific details during Spring Break. I'll be Mr. MO, just you watch & see. B)

my overwrite folder  mostly has skse logs etc

so i created a new folder callled "plugins" in the "mods" folder and transfer anything in the overwrite folder into there and i also set the priority high of the plugins folder (on the left)

is this the correct way of emptying the overwrite folder?  

Is it working for you currently? I would say test it out and let us know if it works for you well. There are many, many ways of handling the files in MO.

I know you can make mods out of those files and I even have done that but not on a major throughway myself yet (Testing) .

For serious play thorough I loaded the mods  that leave stuff in the overwrite folder for last and just leave that folder alone. For the average player it don't hurt anything keeping those files in the Overwrite folder.

my overwrite folder  mostly has skse logs etc

so i created a new folder callled "plugins" in the "mods" folder and transfer anything in the overwrite folder into there and i also set the priority high of the plugins folder (on the left)

is this the correct way of emptying the overwrite folder?  

That's the equivalent of using 'create mod', so yes, that works fine. Priority shouldn't matter. My SKSE is #6 on my list.

Hey, I decided to start modding fresh, reinstalled basically everything. Still early in getting all the mods to play nicely with each other. Tried to make a bashed patch, but something isn't working. When I launch Wrye Bash from MO it starts, but the plugin list does not reflect my selected profile, every second or so a loading circle appears on my mouse for as long as it runs, and if I try to do anything an error comes up saying invalid plugins list supplied or an error about how something in the actual Skyrim folder isn't there. I didn't see any documentation on wrye bash ever not playing nice with MO's virtual folders, got any idea what is up? Here is a sample:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\basher.py", line 15133, in Execute
    bosh.modInfos.plugins.save()
  File "bash\bosh.py", line 4030, in save
    lo.SetActivePlugins(modInfos.getOrdered(self.selected))
  File "bash\liblo.py", line 503, in SetActivePlugins
    _Clo_set_active_plugins(self._DB, plugins, num)
  File "bash\liblo.py", line 201, in LibloErrorCheck
    raise LibloError(result)
bash.liblo.LibloError: LibloError: LIBLO_ERROR_INVALID_ARGS:Invalid active plugins list supplied.

yeah everything works fine with the method i used 

d-manxx2 when you say skyrim/data do you mean, you click on the "data" tab on the right and just drag and drop into there?

i right click on everything in override folder and use move to skyrim\data this way everything is placed in the official game folder. and my override folder is empty.

if i use bash patch in Mod Organizer it will create a bash patch in the override folder this needs to be moved in the official game folder where you have skyrim installed.

yeah everything works fine with the method i used 

d-manxx2 when you say skyrim/data do you mean, you click on the "data" tab on the right and just drag and drop into there?

i right click on everything in override folder and use move to skyrim\data this way everything is placed in the official game folder. and my override folder is empty.

if i use bash patch in Mod Organizer it will create a bash patch in the override folder this needs to be moved in the official game folder where you have skyrim installed.

As said before, it's not harmful if you leave the overwrite folder. Why mess with it when everything works fine. I only emptied it once but because I had 2 Profiles with different mods.

Hey, I decided to start modding fresh, reinstalled basically everything. Still early in getting all the mods to play nicely with each other. Tried to make a bashed patch, but something isn't working. When I launch Wrye Bash from MO it starts, but the plugin list does not reflect my selected profile, every second or so a loading circle appears on my mouse for as long as it runs, and if I try to do anything an error comes up saying invalid plugins list supplied or an error about how something in the actual Skyrim folder isn't there. I didn't see any documentation on wrye bash ever not playing nice with MO's virtual folders, got any idea what is up? Here is a sample:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\basher.py", line 15133, in Execute
    bosh.modInfos.plugins.save()
  File "bash\bosh.py", line 4030, in save
    lo.SetActivePlugins(modInfos.getOrdered(self.selected))
  File "bash\liblo.py", line 503, in SetActivePlugins
    _Clo_set_active_plugins(self._DB, plugins, num)
  File "bash\liblo.py", line 201, in LibloErrorCheck
    raise LibloError(result)
bash.liblo.LibloError: LibloError: LIBLO_ERROR_INVALID_ARGS:Invalid active plugins list supplied.

I figured it out, it just couldn't handle the number of mods in my temporary profile.

As said before, it's not harmful if you leave the overwrite folder. Why mess with it when everything works fine. I only emptied it once but because I had 2 Profiles with different mods.

That is the same reason I played around with removing those files from the temp folder. I had to have different profiles configs for my game. I am pleased that this seems to be the correct answer now. "Create Mod" from the files in the overwrite folder and name it "profile name" should be a safe way to do so if and only if you have different conflicting mods or configurations. Otherwise just leave it alone. It is safe.

If you do use MO for any Fallout mods including Sexout there are records loaded into the overwrite folder. Those records are from the NVSE extender and are save specific. They really should be removed and a mod created out of them if you plan on using the profile feature in sexout.

Ok I thought I could force myself to like this program but I hate it so much I can't do it. It doesn't add the files to skyrim so I can never edit anything or even compile scripts without installing with NMM anyway. Also it makes bodystudio and boss usage much more difficult.

You just create a script compilation folder, copy all the required files in (like skyui source, skse source and all the skyrim scrips folder in there.  Change the skyrim Papyrus bat file to point to and compile in that directory.  Once you're done compiling, copy the new scripts into their relevant mods in MO and try again.  The script folder doesn't take up much space, so you're not really wasting much.  That's how I edit sexlab related mods including the framework.  If the edit can be done with CK or TES5edit, I run those from inside MO.  Not sure why you have a problem with BOSS, you just use the dropdown menu, choose Edit, give a title, point to the .exe file, click Add, and it should be there.  I haven't tried outfit studio yet to check what it's doing.  Bodyslide does work though.

I just wanted to say a big thank you for this. I was banging my head on the wall about this problem until I found your solution!

***warning-- complete MO noob here!!***

I seem to be having serious trouble getting FNIS to function using MO. I just switched to it from NMM, and I'm sure the error is on my end somewhere.

I've followed the instructions in the STEP guide to the letter, but I always het the "T" pose when starting the game. Made sure to copy the constents of my overwrite folder into a new mod called "FNIS Output", enabled all the FNIS mods (Behaviour, Spells, Creatures, and Output). But no luck at all.

I'm guessing that my mistake is in how i installed FNIS initially. Do I need to move any of the folders/files during that step? What info do I need to provide so others can understand what i've gone and messed up?

Nevermind, answered my own question there. All is well with FNIS now.

One new question that popped up, though. In what way would one install HDT physics extension through MO? I get the warning that there is no game data on the top level... but it seems that there shouldn't be for this one since it's just a file that goes into the SKSE plugins folder...

Sorry, still figuring this whole thing out :s

^

post-111270-0-20475500-1396089508_thumb.jpg

Just be aware that it's in a data folder. Rename 'data' to HDT, and zip it to a .rar, then install as usual to MO.

The OP explains what it means when you see 'no data on top level'. More specifically, it means the files are in a 'data' folder, and is therefore "packaged for NMM". Anytime you extract a mod and see a folder named 'data', you'll get that same error. Just rename 'data' to the mod's name, zip it back up, and install to MO.

Hmmm, weird part is I was sure I'd done that.. I changed the file structure when installing it to place the files into "data/SKSE/Plugins", which as far as I knew was where they should be...

But now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if perhaps I installed Bodyslide 2.0 incorrectly, because the body shape I have looks alot like the default CBBE body. I'm guessing that this works similar to how FNIS does, where the generated files are placed into the Overwrite folder. Unfortunately, once they're there I have no idea what to do with them.

Using FNIS as an example, could a "Bodyslide Output" mod work? I'm almost thinking it could...

Hmmm, weird part is I was sure I'd done that.. I changed the file structure when installing it to place the files into "data/SKSE/Plugins", which as far as I knew was where they should be...

But now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if perhaps I installed Bodyslide 2.0 incorrectly, because the body shape I have looks alot like the default CBBE body. I'm guessing that this works similar to how FNIS does, where the generated files are placed into the Overwrite folder. Unfortunately, once they're there I have no idea what to do with them.

Using FNIS as an example, could a "Bodyslide Output" mod work? I'm almost thinking it could...

Just set "Data" so it looks like this. Used "hdtPhysicsExtensions v14.28.zip".

"Bodyslide Output"??

Yes it would.

Bodyslide overwrites the bodyfiles if there is mod with the same files installed.

Put a mod with bodyfiles (doesnt matter what, they will be overwritten) at the end, it should be the last mod with these files, overwriting all other.

Only put the 2 files bodyslide generates into it. When generating bodies, these will be overwritten. (Just my personal one-time expirence, dont use BS2 anymore).

Works for armor too, but you need to put all the generated armor files into "Bodyslide Output" so that they will get overwritten with every change.

Overwrite is fine, only touch it if you need to, like when having different chars, thus different overwrite folder. Just copy the whole folder as a new mod and set them per character. I use a empty ZIP with only a textures folder to create empty mod entries.