Hai there,

So.. I've spent the whole of the day.. the WHOLE of the day ripping out NMM and skyrim and redownloading and redownloading mods and blah blah blah.. lol it was fun >.>

Small question, MO doesn't seem to want to download directly from the nexus, is it because I don't have NMM installed? I... I don't have to install it again.. do I? *cringe* 

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

-C

Hai there,

So.. I've spent the whole of the day.. the WHOLE of the day ripping out NMM and skyrim and redownloading and redownloading mods and blah blah blah.. lol it was fun >.>

Small question, MO doesn't seem to want to download directly from the nexus, is it because I don't have NMM installed? I... I don't have to install it again.. do I? *cringe* 

-C

Make sure you have selected the option to handle NXM links and you have the correct version in "Settings / Workarounds"

post-138874-0-83000100-1393386726_thumb.png

Hai there,

-C

Make sure you have selected the option to handle NXM links and you have the correct version in "Settings / Workarounds"

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Hmm.. I do. Its odd I wonder why its not working. Another question. I cannot seem to get my skeleton to overwrite SOS and my Female body mod. I'm not sure why. I am pretty sure I installed it properly. Does anyone know why it might be? And I cannot seem to figure out how to make it take priority.. the higher the number the higher the priority? Or is it the other way around? I feel like a numb nut sorry for all the questions.

-C

Hmm.. I do. Its odd I wonder why its not working. Another question. I cannot seem to get my skeleton to overwrite SOS and my Female body mod. I'm not sure why. I am pretty sure I installed it properly. Does anyone know why it might be? And I cannot seem to figure out how to make it take priority.. the higher the number the higher the priority? Or is it the other way around? I feel like a numb nut sorry for all the questions.

-C

Lower in the list gets priority. So place the body higher, the skeleton below that, and SoS below that. There's really no "overwriting" in the strictest sense, it's more like "overreading". :lol:

-C

Lower in the list gets priority. So place the body higher, the skeleton below that, and SoS below that. There's really no "overwriting" in the strictest sense, it's more like "overreading". :lol:

Thank you so much, now back to installing. Its only when one does something like this that they realize.. "I have too many mods..." but then asks the question.. "can I have too many mods?" lol Thank you :)

-C

With MO you can't have too many mods. So long as you know what they are you can have 5 body mods or even more and dozens of other conflicting overwriting mods available for you to create Profiles out of and play. Like a body for one game play through... use it. Want to use a series of mods for another play though, use it in a different profile. Third for testing etc. You get the point.

Yea MO!

Yes, I've gone insane installing armor mods.. I have way too many now and plan to get even more :D One problem I am having tho is that Skyui doesn't want to install. Is there a special way to do it? It keeps telling me that skse scripts are missing.. they are not. I installed them myself manually =_=

-c

Hai there,

-C

-C

Actually uninstall NMM, I'm using chrome so when I click on "download with NMM" links on Nexus I have a warning appearing "would you like to luanch the application...", just choose remember my choice for these links and you are good to go, I personbally have no troubles downloading NXM links directly trough MO.

Yes, I've gone insane installing armor mods.. I have way too many now and plan to get even more :D One problem I am having tho is that Skyui doesn't want to install. Is there a special way to do it? It keeps telling me that skse scripts are missing.. they are not. I installed them myself manually =_=

-c

If memory serves me correctly you just install it ignoring the prompts in MO that state that there is an error.

Hai there,

-C

-C

Actually uninstall NMM, I'm using chrome so when I click on "download with NMM" links on Nexus I have a warning appearing "would you like to luanch the application...", just choose remember my choice for these links and you are good to go, I personbally have no troubles downloading NXM links directly trough MO.

On one of these post before there was a setting that someone needed to make NMM work. Setting it as a specific version fixed that issue. I don't know which post that was or if it fixed the issue. Something to look into further.

-c

If memory serves me correctly you just install it ignoring the prompts in MO that state that there is an error.

RC is right, as long as you know you've installed SKSE into the Skyrim directory you can simply ignore the warning that MO throws up. I just doesn't see it in it's own virtual directory so throws that warning out for you.

Ignore it. Install SkyUI and move on to the next mod. It'll work perfectly.

You all have been extremely helpful :) I greatly appreciate it! I am making merged patches at the moment that will hopefully work and will be able to play soon. Yay :D

-C

EDIT: 

Sorry yet more questions. How does one handle HDT and things that normally go into the Skse folder? Should it be put in manually?  I am a little at a loss on that one. 

Any help is appreciated!

Manually install SKSE and anything else that goes into that folder. Although I'd imagine one could make an SKSE plugins folder in MO's data tree and add them there. I've never tried that, though.

EDIT: I just looked at my own setup and noticed a SKSE folder in my MO data and there was a Plugins entry there with ECE Character Making Extender, a couple .dlls and .inis, and other goodies in there already. It seems that anything installed with MO that should go in there just goes into that folder anyway?

@Carida

Helpful HInt:

MO only affects the "Data" folder. Anything that can be put in the data folder can be used through MO as far as I know. Anything that is outside of the Data folder must be installed outside of MO.  Somethings like programs and SKSE must be accessed or linked and used through MO for it to be present in game.

SKSE is outside of the data folder anything that belongs there must be installed there manually. Make a copy of the Skyrim folder or any game folder that you are using before doing this in case you make a mistake.

@Carida

Helpful HInt:

MO only affects the "Data" folder. Anything that can be put in the data folder can be used through MO as far as I know. Anything that is outside of the Data folder must be installed outside of MO.  Somethings like programs and SKSE must be accessed or linked and used through MO for it to be present in game.

SKSE is outside of the data folder anything that belongs there must be installed there manually. Make a copy of the Skyrim folder or any game folder that you are using before doing this in case you make a mistake.

Well I thought that might be the problem, but the skse plugins go into the data folder into the skse folder, so I'm honestly at a loss as to why the presets won't work. I installed them manually, I put them in through MO which actually makes a file for Skse and puts everything that I've installed concerning it inside there. I'm considering making a game solely with just racemenu and seeing if I can get it to work that way. Perhaps there's some sort of conflict? I'm not sure. At a bit of a loss honestly as to why its misbehaving. Thank you for the help so far :)

-C

I haven't really done anything more than just play with a few mods in Skyrim. All I know is SKSE is installed manually into the Skyrim main folder (where you see the Skyrim.exe and Data folder) and Skyui is installed using MO and you can ignore the warning so long as SKSE is indeed installed. I am not sure of the rest of the info.

On another note, I found a slightly incompatible mod with MO, named Skimpy Armors Multi-body system.  Besides the .esp, this has a number of empty directories you're supposed to fill later with relevant meshes and textures.  Thing is, MO for some reason doesn't create the empty folders on installation, it just installs the .esp.  Obviously it's a pretty rare case and I can easily fix it by just manually extracting the mod after MO finishes installation.  But yeah, apparently MO doesn't like empty folders.

On another note, I found a slightly incompatible mod with MO, named Skimpy Armors Multi-body system.  Besides the .esp, this has a number of empty directories you're supposed to fill later with relevant meshes and textures.  Thing is, MO for some reason doesn't create the empty folders on installation, it just installs the .esp.  Obviously it's a pretty rare case and I can easily fix it by just manually extracting the mod after MO finishes installation.  But yeah, apparently MO doesn't like empty folders.

Works just fine with EBD....