I'am not sure where to post this, but since it involves Mod Organizer thought i'd post here.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/news/12297/?

" There is currently an individual who is placing trojans within well known pieces of Skyrim software, such as the Skyrim Character Editor and even Skyrim Mod Organizer, and then uploading them as new files here on Skyrim Nexus (note, the original files here and here are NOT compromised, this user is uploading new files to the site masquerading as these files). This trojan has code within it that will retrieve any passwords you have stored in your browser and send them to the script kiddy's email address. The script kiddy is then using the details he has stolen from users "unlucky" enough to be exploited in this way, logging in to their accounts here on the Nexus and then uploading another trojan via the same method."

I tried using the lastest MO from Nexus and wondered why it was acting strange, now i know.

Oh my... I've just watched the entire video tutorial for beginners and... Man ! A UI giving full power to the user/modder ?! And FEEDBACK ?!! I didn't think it was possible !

This is freakin' amazing and I won't be using NMM anymore !

Once again it is a proof there is a huge difference between people making things for others and people making things for themselves and sharing !

I already put the link to this thread on my profile ! 

I'm sure I will need some help because I don't understand everything yet but this program is just... amazing !

Now, I'm gonna start this mod install and see what's going on ! See you ! ;)

I have a dream... That one day MO, BOSS and TES5Edit will be merged in one awesome ultimate program ! And if I don't talk about the CK it's because I think the developers didn't share the source code, did they ? If they did, include the CK in this program ! :)

Btw, I read somewhere that MO cannot install ALL the mods around these forums, I don't remember what and why but I think it has something to do with the file system, like MO couldn't install things in the mod because it's not possible yet. Am I right or is MO able to install absolutely everything ? (like Body replacers (I'm more interested in Bodyslide 2 btw), HDT stuff, etc.)

Is there a list of the mods MO cannot install yet ?

I've read of issues with Bodyslide, but I don't personally know because I am running two character profiles now and each has a different UNP variant (base UNP with TBBP and Top Model with TBBP).

Some mods don't automatically install right away and MO warns you and tells you why. It's because some mods are packed in a way that mod doesn't like or expect. In the tutorial video you'll see how to work around that, and the worst case scenerio is taking two minutes to extract a mod, reorganize it's file tree, then rezipping it in a MO-friendly package for installation. I've done that with a few mods and have even made my own folders containing sets of textures or animations that I zip up ready for MO installation.

SKSE and ENB .dll files still need to be manually installed, though. But anything that would normally into the /data/ folder will go into MO. You also need to set up FNIS, BOSS and TES5Edit as executables inside of MO or those things won't find your game or mods.

I've read of issues with Bodyslide, but I don't personally know because I am running two character profiles now and each has a different UNP variant (base UNP with TBBP and Top Model with TBBP).

Some mods don't automatically install right away and MO warns you and tells you why. It's because some mods are packed in a way that mod doesn't like or expect. In the tutorial video you'll see how to work around that, and the worst case scenerio is taking two minutes to extract a mod, reorganize it's file tree, then rezipping it in a MO-friendly package for installation. I've done that with a few mods and have even made my own folders containing sets of textures or animations that I zip up ready for MO installation.

That's what I thought ! Thanks for your reply !

Can MO make me some coffee ? I think I will need it for all the long hours of installing/cleaning/tweaking mods I'm going to have... Hopefully it won't take that long thanks to its really well made UI ! 

You can install FNIS manually and set it as an executable in MO and have it work. I've done it. But what about when you need to update it?

What I did after that was to unzip it, remove the tools folder, set the rest up in a file tree MO likes and rezipped it. This new folder I installed with MO. Then I put the tools folder I previously removed into /data/ in my Skyrim directory. Still have to have FNIS set as an executable, though.

Thanks ! Man ! I forgot how exhausting it is to install mods ! Even with MO ! Being careful about the install order of body replacers, skeletons, textures, meshes, animations, etc. ! And then being careful about the load order when BOSS doesn't know your mod ! I'll be really happy when I got all of these working once again !

EDIT - Actually I can take a break when I need to download manually all the mods I've been dowloading with NMM during 1 year ! But it's somewhat booooring !

With MO it doesn't matter what order you install those in. They don't actually overwrite one another. :o All you have to do is set their priority in left pane (either by number or by dragging them up/down the list) to get the desired effect. Call it over "reading" instead of over "writing" I guess.

Regardless, it's still easier than manual or NMM installs.

Just pay attention the lightning bolts. If they have a plus sign they're over"reading" something and if there's a minus, well you can guess what that is. :lol: If you wanna' know what is being over"read" by what just right click the mod in the left pane and choose "information" at the bottom of the dropdown. In the new window click on the conflicts tab and it will show you in detail what is doing what.

Yes. and besides any help you can get gere, i recommend googling Skyrim S.T.E.P. mod organizer guide. Even if you partially follow step, or not at all, that guide is useful. I used it and then clarified questions here :)

Best Regards,

arr0w

Actually the biggest problem I have is that most mods are meant to be installed with NMM and not MO ! It's a shame !

For example, Caliente Female Body Mod BBE v3-2 ! When installing it with MO, it launches an external installer and tells me it won't be able to check if it matches or not with other mods ! Meaning I can't even use BOSS for it ! It doesn't see CBBE ! And I can't install Bodyslide 2 with MO at all ! Or at least I don't know how to.

EDIT - Ok, I'm stupid ! Forget about CBBE, BOSS can't do anything for it ! But could MO do something about it at least ?

I'm very late to the MO party even though I've had a few aborted swipes at it in the past, but NMM has crapped on me once too often so I'm 100% committed to this now.

I've spent the weekend reinstalling everything from scratch, hours upon hours of installing mods via Nexus which was typically as flaky and uncooperative as it could possibly be.

And I've been familiarising myself with how MO works and I think I'm getting there, it's mostly intuitive.

Thing is  after years of working with a traditional file structure and being quite adept at resolving things, I'm floundering a bit trying to get my head around how FNIS, PCEA and my animation files work in the virtual file structure. Basically, I can't get Victorias or 360 walk to work, I'm getting no BBP either, so clearly FNIS isn't applying it's files correctly. I've looked through all the conflicted files and all overwrites seem to be as I'd expect them to be given my priority list, ie, the file conflict battles are being won by the mods I'm rooting for.  

FNIS seems to generate the correct output files in my overwrite folder . I've tried leaving the overwrites in place, and I've tried moving them to a mod I've named FNIS Output, which I've then activated and given a high priority to. I don't get a T-pose problem, but still no 360 walk, BBP or Victorias.

I reckon my issue is probably down to PCEA rather than FNIS itself.

I'm sure one or two of you must have come across this issue yourselves, anyone care to help a lady avoid developing a bald spot from all the head scratching I'm doing?

edit: uninstalling PCEA and re-running FNIS gave me back 360 walk and run and Victorias. It's almost as if PCEA was working in reverse or something. How annoying! And still no BBP. 

Ok, so afaik MO can't do anything for CBBE users... Well, I would have used different profiles with different bodies but it seems that if I want to use CBBE I have to use CBBE exclusively by installing it manually...

Now my question is : is there a way I use a MO profile where I install another body replacer so it will 're-read' the CBBE body I installed manually and my game doesn't crash ?

Actually the biggest problem I have is that most mods are meant to be installed with NMM and not MO ! It's a shame !

For example, Caliente Female Body Mod BBE v3-2 ! When installing it with MO, it launches an external installer and tells me it won't be able to check if it matches or not with other mods ! Meaning I can't even use BOSS for it ! It doesn't see CBBE ! And I can't install Bodyslide 2 with MO at all ! Or at least I don't know how to.

EDIT - Ok, I'm stupid ! Forget about CBBE, BOSS can't do anything for it ! But could MO do something about it at least ?

What's the problem? I have the same thing. I ran the installer, and now it works. When you run it, it just gives you the mod with the options you chose, then you activate it in MO.

Don't rely too heavily on BOSS. LL has a lot of mods it won't recognize, and therefore it won't sort them. Just read the requirements section of each mod's dl page to see if it mentions other needed mods, or a certain load order.

About your other questions, it seems most of them are answered in the OP. When MO doesn't recognize something, or a mod is packed for NMM, it just means that the needed files are packed in a data folder when it's unzipped. I unzip mods, and make sure there is no data folder in it. I take the files in the data folder out, and zip up the contents inside, and rename that .rar file to the mod's name, and install into MO. Nexus mods tend to be packed inside a data folder (packed for NMM), and LL mods tend to be packed without one (packed for MO). Meshes, Textures, esp, bsa, and esm files, sound, scripts...these are the files you should see when unzipping a mod if it's packed for MO. If a data folder is all you see, and those folders are inside it, it's packed for NMM, and removing those files from the data folder and zipping them (rename the zip/rar to the mod's name) repacks for MO.

I'm very late to the MO party even though I've had a few aborted swipes at it in the past, but NMM has crapped on me once too often so I'm 100% committed to this now.

I've spent the weekend reinstalling everything from scratch, hours upon hours of installing mods via Nexus which was typically as flaky and uncooperative as it could possibly be.

And I've been familiarising myself with how MO works and I think I'm getting there, it's mostly intuitive.

Thing is  after years of working with a traditional file structure and being quite adept at resolving things, I'm floundering a bit trying to get my head around how FNIS, PCEA and my animation files work in the virtual file structure. Basically, I can't get Victorias or 360 walk to work, I'm getting no BBP either, so clearly FNIS isn't applying it's files correctly. I've looked through all the conflicted files and all overwrites seem to be as I'd expect them to be given my priority list, ie, the file conflict battles are being won by the mods I'm rooting for.  

FNIS seems to generate the correct output files in my overwrite folder . I've tried leaving the overwrites in place, and I've tried moving them to a mod I've named FNIS Output, which I've then activated and given a high priority to. I don't get a T-pose problem, but still no 360 walk, BBP or Victorias.

I reckon my issue is probably down to PCEA rather than FNIS itself.

I'm sure one or two of you must have come across this issue yourselves, anyone care to help a lady avoid developing a bald spot from all the head scratching I'm doing?

No need to bald yourself. Did you 'check' the PCEA box when running FNIS?

post-111270-0-27445800-1394997824_thumb.jpg

Also, Vic's HH Walk is a NMM installer. Unzip it and get rid of the FOMOD. Then open the 00Required Data folder, and merge the meshes folders in F and B. I forget what VB is. If you get no jiggle, go back and merge the VB meshes to your new Meshes folder.

post-111270-0-37329500-1394997838_thumb.jpg

post-111270-0-74468600-1394997852_thumb.jpg

When you've merged the meshes folders, move the new meshes folder into a new folder, and name it VHH Walk - BBP, or whatever you wanna call it, and zip it up into .rar file (.zip, whatever), and install into MO.

You might be able to just use the installer, like CBBE, but I went strait for repacking this one for MO.

Ok, so afaik MO can't do anything for CBBE users... Well, I would have used different profiles with different bodies but it seems that if I want to use CBBE I have to use CBBE exclusively by installing it manually...

Now my question is : is there a way I use a MO profile where I install another body replacer so it will 're-read' the CBBE body I installed manually and my game doesn't crash ?

You mean you want a bod mod to overwrite the one in your data folder? Just take them out of data, and put them in MO. :P

As for CBBE, you could always go through the process of repacking it, though there a lot of options.

Use the installer to make what you want, open it in explorer, and zip up the mod inside. Then you have that version of it made for when you want it. You can do the same for all types if you want.

No need to bald yourself. Did you 'check' the PCEA box when running FNIS?

attachicon.gifPCEA - FNIS.jpg

Also, Vic's HH Walk is a NMM installer. Unzip it and get rid of the FOMOD. Then open the 00Required Data folder, and merge the meshes folders in F and B. I forget what VB is. If you get no jiggle, go back and merge the VB meshes to your new Meshes folder.

attachicon.gifVHH - BBP.jpg

attachicon.gifVHH - BBP (mine).jpg

When you've merged the meshes folders, move the new meshes folder into a new folder, and name it VHH Walk - BBP, or whatever you wanna call it, and zip it up into .rar file (.zip, whatever), and install into MO.

You might be able to just use the installer, like CBBE, but I went strait for repacking this one for MO.

Yeah, FNIS is definitely patching PCEA 'cos I can see the resulting files created, and it's not erroring or flagging any warnings. I'm only patching female anims, the skeleton fix and PCEA as that's all I have installed.  Like I say, it's as if PCEA is working in reverse when it's active in my LO, replacing any anims like VHH with the default female ones that ought to be only applicable to NPCs, as per it's segregated folders. 

I installed BBP and VHH via the UNPB Redux Project installer -  so if I understand you correctly,that's no good as it's intended to use with NMM, I have to take all the meshes I need from it and rezip them and then treat that as it's own mod? 

So basically, anything I try to install that uses an 'external' installer won't work correctly in MO? Shit, I've done quite a few mods via STEP and aside from those the guide provides FOMODs for it didn't give any extra advice on how to handle those mods. Very confusing. 

What's the problem? I have the same thing. I ran the installer, and now it works. When you run it, it just gives you the mod with the options you chose, then you activate it in MO.

Don't rely too heavily on BOSS. LL has a lot of mods it won't recognize, and therefore it won't sort them. Just read the requirements section of each mod's dl page to see if it mentions other needed mods, or a certain load order.

About your other questions, it seems most of them are answered in the OP. When MO doesn't recognize something, or a mod is packed for NMM, it just means that the needed files are packed in a data folder when it's unzipped. I unzip mods, and make sure there is no data folder in it. I take the files in the data folder out, and zip up the contents inside, and rename that .rar file to the mod's name, and install into MO. Nexus mods tend to be packed inside a data folder (packed for NMM), and LL mods tend to be packed without one (packed for MO). Meshes, Textures, esp, bsa, and esm files, sound, scripts...these are the files you should see when unzipping a mod if it's packed for MO. If a data folder is all you see, and those folders are inside it, it's packed for NMM, and removing those files from the data folder and zipping them (rename the zip/rar to the mod's name) repacks for MO.

I have several problems : I've downloaded CBBE  and tried to install it with MO, it ran an external installer instead of running the normal one and it has 75% chance of failing (infinite loop ?) and a big Note : this installer will not be aware of other installed mods! is scaring me, but I managed to get it working once because it seems I was lucky, then it had a weird   :exclamation:  in the version column on the CBBE line, now the other problem is that I installed Bodyslide 2 manually because I did not manage to install it with MO and then I installed this with MO (this one seemed to work) in order to have skimpy armors BUT I can't see them in my bodyslide 2 program !

EDIT - Another question : Can I use MO to install HDT stuff ? This skse thing on OP is pretty blurry...

I have several problems : I've downloaded CBBE  and tried to install it with MO, it ran an external installer instead of running the normal one and it has 75% chance of failing (infinite loop ?) and a big Note : this installer will not be aware of other installed mods! is scaring me, but I managed to get it working once because it seems I was lucky, then it had a weird   :exclamation:  in the version column on the CBBE line, now the other problem is that I installed Bodyslide 2 manually because I did not manage to install it with MO and then I installed this with MO (this one seemed to work) in order to have skimpy armors BUT I can't see them in my bodyslide 2 program !

Some mods are checking if something is installed so they can install for example patches for the found mods.

CBBE doesn't check anything, you don't need to be afraid here.

For Bodyslide 2 I would install everything manually in a Folder somewhere else, NOT in Skyrim/Data. Then if you 'Create Bodies' or 'Batch Build' hold CTRL down and click the button. The Bodies will be next to the Bodyslide2.exe.

Wait a minute and I can test Batch Build

Works. You can select what to Batch Build and where to save it. Zip the builded Files and you can install them with MO.

HDT STUFF: It should work if you launch SKSE through MO. SKSE Plugin needs to be installed, either manually or with MO.