Happy birthday.. :D Shame on me not noticing the date on your profile. :blush:

I never expected a tutorial. I understand the basics. I was just wondering about those files in general. ;) I could have filled in the blanks myself. However a tutorial for Oblivion would be nice, r/t MO of course.

Yea MO.

I'm back. Leave it to Lother to have more awesome questions, and bob11 to have more awesome answers. :) I'm all over this thread. Sorry I don't always get here right away, but this really is a pretty great support thread. Thanks guys. ;)

I can't wait for the next MO version! :lol:

This thread is great, I think it would be pretty cool if someone with the qualified authority/expertise (*cough Awfularchdemon* cough) to write a guide on how to setup MO with CK for modders/scripters.

I've been thinking more and more about what you said, and I've decided that this MO thread needs to be completely professional, so I invite a team to my side. The questions like "how do I get Mod Organizer to place my CBBE Bodyslide meshes/textures in my appropriate mod folder, or why can't I compile with CK, or how to get 'Overwrites" to appear in a different folder, of your choosing, and how to get "Exports" from CK Created PCs to show up on created followers...

I want to get in depth on the fundamentals, and so far, many Labsters have given excellent advice, so I propose a meeting...

post-111270-0-35913400-1397190403_thumb.jpg

Well if you are on that though pattern. Then perhaps there needs to be a MO thread for each of the major games here. There are particular needs related to Skyrim that aren't seen in Fallout and needs in Fallout that isn't seen in Oblivion. Each can be administered by you.. or perhaps one of your "Labsters" that have shown that they excel in that game and MO usage.

i know its can be trick, but can i suggest also if you can have a meeting also with expired, hes already a modder from here , and alot people are using mod organizer and racemenu, and that thing about overwrite folder i guess can be solved with some meetings with him so racemenu+mod organizer can be fully compatible , i guess its a win / win doing both fully compatible.

toke the msg i sended to him and posting here :

"

Sent Yesterday, 12:18 AM

Twist in My Sobriety - Tanita Tikaram

Sorry about that trouble, asked at mod organizer forum but dnt got a answer also yet, wheres racemenu store/save the saveds exported heads if using mod organizer (i have like 4 profiles i dnt know if that matters), because tried today replicate my ece char (im not even using ece to avoid any conflict),and till now i dnt founded where is saved (already tried export to test), and also how i can change the M3 button (i dnt like using mouse wheel) export head to another keybind? Really sorry the trouble.

Ys_Red2.jpg
English is my 3rd language, so sorry about my horrible grammar.

Sent Yesterday, 09:45 AM

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 130 posts

It exports to Data/SKSE/Plugins/CharGen/ I don't know how mod organizer handles it, if at all.

Sent Yesterday, 11:34 AM

Twist in My Sobriety - Tanita Tikaram

Expired6978, on 10 Apr 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

It exports to Data/SKSE/Plugins/CharGen/ I don't know how mod organizer handles it, if at all.

founded at overwrite folder from mod organizer, Thanks, so its .slot the file? (mine got just that there 50.slot) saved my preset at 50 and its just have there, but nothing about exported head. "

Edited :Later i figured that dnt works if i let shouts at M3, so changed to letter Z and work, but still at overwrite folder.

I have a question and thought this might be the fastest place to get it answered.

I have Skyrim installed through Steam.

I have a lot of saves and I test stuff all the time (and break things and have to fix them) and if I had known about MO from the beginning, it sounds like exactly what I need. Something that can have different profiles for different characters to run through with different sets of mods active.

BUT.... (and it's a BIG but...) 

... now that I have all this junk installed, can I still install MO and have any hope of it knowing what the heck is going on? Or do I have to uninstall basically everything and start over from scratch?

You may be able to move or migrate to MO however I would suggest a fresh install of everything from the beginning.

That even means starting from an fresh Skyrim install. Add all tools into the game (outside of the Data folder and package i.e zip anything you see inside a "Data" folder from tools you see) then install the mods of your choice. Preferably in order of least to most important. (so that any overwrites or conflicts will be most of those files you desire most over those you desire least. Don't worry you can fix everything post installation regardless)

Reasons:

• Clean. Untouched and un corrupted files installed. No issues to resolve an older installation. Who knows wtf was done to various scripts and such in the past.
  • re-storable. You can return back to the clean install any time. In fact each new profile is basically a clean instal to start with as you have to select the mods you will use and order them to your liking.
  • Trustworthy deployment of the mods. No worry that there was some corruption to a base  file from previous mod manager.
  • every mod would truly be independent from each other. No changes of effecting each other. If there is an issue with a mod it is either you prioritized the mod incorrectly (easy fix) or there is a corruption of the mod itself and needs a fresh download.
  • easier trouble fixes. No question of previous problems remaining.

There are probably more reasons just I have more limited experience with MO than many people here. ;) Bottom line to get the best from MO it needs to control all the files from the start (except of course those that it cannot. Don't worry. AS far as I know those files can be fixed with a simple drag and drop overwrite. Nothing major there. )

This isn't really as big a problem as you think. Most Skyrim mods can be installed natively through MO. You have those mods installed into your game and likely have a copy either on your hard drive or in the NMM (don't know I never use that manager any more). Simply move those mods into the "download" folder of the MO and you can see it to install them. Again and Again if necessary. You won't have the same pain in the a$$ that occurred with normal managers as if something is installed out of order you can change order in MO many different ways from priorities to load orders of esm/esp and even the textures, sounds and meshes can be arranged to your pleasure.

Once a mod has been placed into MO there is no reason to ever need to re-install that mod again barring corruption or update (providing the creator didn't create a patch)

So in the end you can have:

• potentially thousands of mods installed and ready.
  • Thousands more waiting in the download folder to install.
  • You can have various versions of mods and never have to worry about upgrading a mod when you are in the middle of a game play through.
  • You can copy the profile and test the upgrade. It don't work delete the profile and continue on... keeping the upgrade for later when the mod(s) have been updated to the new one. An excellent example is Sexlab. many times mods haven't been updated to the newest version of Sexlab.
  • You can continue playing the old  profile as long as you like. Have a mod that has loss some ability in a profile that you enjoyed. Cool save it.

In the end you are actually going to work less on the managing of the mods and more on the actual playing of the mods so a little work setting things up is a small price to pay for the confidence that everything is as it should be for the long run.

Hint:

I keep my MO outside of the game folder it is managing. I do this to make it easier to back up and image. Since I will likely have hundreds or even more mods awaiting use or deployment. I have also taken to repacking my mods to better fit MO's deployment. Folder structure like the game structure so that MO can see the files properly without having to point out the folder needed. ;)

I have a question and thought this might be the fastest place to get it answered.

I have Skyrim installed through Steam.

I have a lot of saves and I test stuff all the time (and break things and have to fix them) and if I had known about MO from the beginning, it sounds like exactly what I need. Something that can have different profiles for different characters to run through with different sets of mods active.

BUT.... (and it's a BIG but...) 

... now that I have all this junk installed, can I still install MO and have any hope of it knowing what the heck is going on? Or do I have to uninstall basically everything and start over from scratch?

Take RC's suggestion to heart. You'll be glad you switched to MO. You could always save the .ess save file from your game and then copy/paste it into the MO save folder after you get a fresh install and all your mods installed through MO.

Wasn't there a setting that gave you the load order / mod list when setting up an imported save? I think it is when you go to the saves tab and right click on the mod and select "Fix Mods" a panel pops up with the missing esps. If memory served me correctly you can select the mods that you haven' t checked. I don't do that myself. I start a profile from start to finish fresh and clean. I haven't imported saves. I only saw that when testing MO features.

chaj when you start a profile make sure you click "local SAvegames" so that the saves don't get saved to the normal place they become part of the profile. I like doing that for neatness and organization.

Okay. I'm back. Partied my ass off for my birthday and spent the whole day yesterday recovering :wacko:.

So I say go for the the completely new start, as RC suggested. Sounds like a pain, but it only happens once. However, if you know just where you put your mods in the data folder, you could just move that info from there to MO, which could be just as big a pain as freshly installing everything. I can say with confidence that everyone who's reinstalled everything when switching to MO has not regretted it one bit.

RC, are talking about the loadorder.txt and modlist.txt? The things that remember your mod setups? The one's in your profiles??

hmmmm.... ok. I think I'm going to look at copying my entire Steam folder off onto an external drive, and then my Games folder (all my downloaded mods are in there). And then look at what it's really going to take to not only completely uninstall Skyrim, but then reinstall it and THEN start putting it all back together and getting things configured again.

How many outfits have I redone in Bodyslide/outfit studio. And that stuff is in my Skyrim program folder so.... I'll have to reinstall that and SKSE, and FNIS and NIFScope and JFF and...

gonna be a process I think. :)  

I can see that in the end it will be worth it to have the ability to have the different profiles with different mods enabled, but..... I can see a real possibility of getting things REALLY screwed up before I get that far :)

So.... I need to plan this out in my head to minimize how badly I'm gonna bork everything :)

Okay. I'm back. Partied my ass off for my birthday and spent the whole day yesterday recovering :wacko:.

So I say go for the the completely new start, as RC suggested. Sounds like a pain, but it only happens once. However, if you know just where you put your mods in the data folder, you could just move that info from there to MO, which could be just as big a pain as freshly installing everything. I can say with confidence that everyone who's reinstalled everything when switching to MO has not regretted it one bit.

RC, are talking about the loadorder.txt and modlist.txt? The things that remember your mod setups? The one's in your profiles??

Glad you enjoyed yourself. When you are doing what you are.. you need to release steam sometimes. It is very therapeutic.

I am talking about this.

The Loadorder.txt and Modlist.txt is close. This is in reference to help you figure out if you forgot a mod when using a save from somewhere else. (well as far as my alien mind can figure out. When I removed a mod to test (previously) It would show up as a missing mod. Useful when transferring saves from one profile to another or from the main game folder to a profile.

:blush:  Embarrassing that you can see my mod / load list is bare... :blush: It is almost naked except for SKSE

^

^

This is how I got good at creating file paths and making mods, using programs, learning where go, and learning exactly what's in my Skyrim and Skyrim\Data directories. Just remember that things like the meshes and textures folders in 'Data' are what you need to be careful with. This is why I say reinstall instead of just putting info back in. You want everything to be made into a mod for MO. The only thing you should have in your 'overwrite' folder is your most recently generated FNIS info, which you can also make into a mod, until you need to run it again. Plus, reinstalling means redownloading (to me). This lets me know which mods have been recently updated.

RC: the only thing embarrassing is that's your missing your own esp :D

what esp? You are looking at my saves for my K'jar, Khajitt play through.

I only have SKSE and that is only the part that goes into the Data folder so that I can keep that clean as advised several times here on MO. (lends to the repacking mods for MO idea)

I wonder what your mod does? I have unreleased one's too. :cool:

No ninja releasing mods here for me .. yet. :ph34r:  I dont' have the skills .. currently.. :rolleyes:

you want everything to be made into a mod for MO

I mentioned the repacking in this post under the last spoiler. It is a god send if you have loads of mods in the system. My first play though I kept on having to check and recheck to make sure any time I reloaded a mod that it was packed correctly. NO more sir. No more ever. .. That is one reason I have so few mods here on my game folder. I am playing and seeing what I want to pack and drop into the downloads folder (place where I keep all my re-packed mods keeping the originals just they way the author intended with all the references and links and instructions and whatnot. The one going into the downloads folder is nothing but mod stuffing)

Talking about mod list, i know its save for ea profile, but let all mods used or not there (with signal or using +, and not using - ) its there anyway to mod list just list mods used for ea profile without listing the others ones? i just wanna that more clean so when a person ask for modlist just need copy that.

Talking about mod list, i know its save for ea profile, but let all mods used or not there (with signal or using +, and not using - ) its there anyway to mod list just list mods used for ea profile without listing the others ones? i just wanna that more clean so when a person ask for modlist just need copy that.

When you start a new profile you've noticed the installed mods list just has everything in alphabetical order. So what I've done with each profile is move all my active ones toward the top of the list and in their ideal order with all those not active for that profile at the very bottom and out of the way. This way I don't ever have to scroll past inactive mods for that particular profile. I think that's as close as you'll get.

Oh wait. If I understand you correctly the load order will be as such

Mods used according to the profle.

all unused mods on the bottom.

So when you copy off your load order you just look for the last mod used on the list and select the rest and delete and copy paste that order into the forums. That is actually pretty cool. you can see a list of all the mods that you have to the side and when you find one that you think you need you can check and see if it is already there. One list to rule them all.

I give that feature 5 out of 5 alien hyperspanners.

No...thank YOU Deedit ;). You're the one getting us brainstorming about this. I probably wouldn't have even thought of that little shortcut if you hadn't mentioned it, simply because I normally do things the hard way on purpose. :D And thank you gv and rc for helping out, as always.

MO is lucky to have such devoted followers. YAY MO! I say that a lot, but I always mean it just as much as the last time. MO is great, and I always think of the crazy problems I used to gruel through trying it manually or with NMM. Painful thing to remember.

MO has paved the way for future MMs. Each MM creator will now accept nothing less than a virtual directory, and for that I say...thank you Tannin42!

What im asking can be little dumb,but im using CK like binary with MO, till now all ok, just lost at one thing: followers, when i create one where goes the facegen exported data? tried find that for like 2 hours and nothing. (CK is installed outside MO, just using MO to handle/lauch that ) or its better dnt use MO for CK (kinda weird dnt doing that because all mods and esp´s is there)?

What im asking can be little dumb,but im using CK like binary with MO, till now all ok, just lost at one thing: followers, when i create one where goes the facegen exported data? tried find that for like 2 hours and nothing. (CK is installed outside MO, just using MO to handle/lauch that ) or its better dnt use MO for CK (kinda weird dnt doing that because all mods and esp´s is there)?

New Files are normally in Overwrite. If the file is already loaded (i don't think as you create a new follower) from a mod it will be overwritten inside that mod. I don't have any experience but what path is where the faces are exported to normally?

New Files are normally in Overwrite. If the file is already loaded (i don't think as you create a new follower) from a mod it will be overwritten inside that mod. I don't have any experience but what path is where the faces are exported to normally?

if im right its goes to \data\meshes\character\character assets\YourFollower\facegem (something like that)

but i looked at regular entire data outside Mo, and inside overwrite and nothing there, already used the control f4 command inside ck, and already said its exported, saved also the esp.

Just a heads-up: tried using LOOT, which was supposed to be an official replacement for BOSS, but the load order was completely scrambled afterwards that I had to go back to BOSS instead, with the last updated masterlist before it was taken down.

So after mess my Skyrim installation for the 2nd time with NMM i dropped it for MO, all seems to work great so far, all but Race Menu, i got the same problem as when i installed it with NMM, nothing shows on Overlays sections, no body tatoos, no warprints, etc.

On NMM i installed the Loose Base Scripts files and they appeared after that, on MO i do same thing but nothing still happens, it says on Race menu tab on MO that its being overwritten and after open it shows 2 files :

- /scripts/source/racemenuload.psc

- /scripts/source/racemenubase.psc

What i'm doing wrong ? i fear this can happen ass well if i install Belisario's SOS plugin for Racemenu too ? excuse my ignorance but with MO... i feel like the first day i started modding my Skyrim back on 2012.... :blush: