I ran bs2(without holding CTRL)  and the body generated didnt go to overwrite folder.

the body you generated must be anywhere inside your mod library.

ofcourse if your overwrite folder has femalebody_0 and _1.nif , then the generated body will be useless

The body generated through Bodyslide, unless you use CTRL, overwrites Caliente's default body.  Yes, that wasn't always the case but after ver. 1.0, Tannin thought automatically putting edited and generated files in existing mods and overwriting files without prompts was such a good idea...

Right, so it did the overwrite of the default body, and I have the clothing and armor meshes as expected.  Since it appears I have everything working correctly MO-wise, I'm going to swap to another forum to follow up on the pregnancy thread.  May as well try and be forum-appropriate.

AwfulArchdemon, with breaking news!!

News
  •  

6 March 2014 16:40:26
Be careful: Trojans masquerading as popular executables
posted by Dark0neSite News
This is a heads up announcement to please, for the love of all that is good, always keep your wits about you when downloading from here or anywhere on the internet.

There is currently an individual who is placing trojans within well known pieces of Skyrim software, such as the Skyrim Character Editor and even Skyrim Mod Organizer, and then uploading them as new files here on Skyrim Nexus (note, the original files here and here are NOT compromised, this user is uploading new files to the site masquerading as these files). This trojan has code within it that will retrieve any passwords you have stored in your browser and send them to the script kiddy's email address. The script kiddy is then using the details he has stolen from users "unlucky" enough to be exploited in this way, logging in to their accounts here on the Nexus and then uploading another trojan via the same method.

If you believe you may have fallen for this exploit then ALL the passwords you have stored in your browser have been compromised. You should change your passwords immediately for any and all sites you use, and change your passwords on any sites where you have used the same password, even if you don't have that site's login stored.

If you stick to common sense practises while browsing the internet then this will not be a problem for you at all. Things you should always be suspicious of or do:

• Files with comments disabled that have only been uploaded in the past day
  • Elaborate and complex files uploaded by new users or users who have previously not uploaded a single file or made a single comment on the sites
  • Software that has absolutely no business using your internet connection trying to make a connection to the internet
  • Executable files, or files containing .DLL libraries unless you are absolutely sure it can be trusted.
  • Always, always run a virus scan on any files you download from this or any site you download from
  • If in doubt, don't download or open the file and wait to see what other more experienced users are reporting

I sympathise with the people who have been caught by this, but you got caught by this because you aren't using your common sense. Please, for your sake, keep your wits about you and don't let your guard down when downloading files on the internet.

If you don't have a firewall, or if your firewall does not warn you when new, unrecognised and untrusted software is trying to connect to the internet please follow these steps:

1. Find your router
  2. Rip your router away from any connected cables
  3. Open the nearest window
  4. Throw your router out of it
  5. Close the window

Honestly, get a firewall, install it, and understand how it works. Without one it's very possible your system is a drone in a botnet and likely a part of the perpetual problem of the internet that is DDoS'ing, something that we're no stranger to here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will give an update on the situation soon...

Original links to:

1)Skyrim Character Editor

2)Mod Organizer

These links were provided by NexusMods.com

AwfulArchdemon

You would think that the "DarkOne" would run a simple malwarebytes or something similar to the files that he is accepting on his site. Any files that are "questionable" can be removed from download (hidden) and then investigated further. So now not only can the not keep up the web site ( Nexus) but also can't do some very basic protection of their users either.

Credit:

Posted Today, 06:06 PM

photo-thumb-172210.jpg?_r=1394048709

You guys read the latest from the greatest yet?

http://www.nexusmods...im/news/12297/?

A thank you to Omega for posting this on the 'Banned from Nexus' thread. Otherwise, it would have taken me longer to learn of it.

Thank you Omega1084. ;) It's great to have so many members supporting MO in their own way, throughout LL's threads. :cool:

Yay MO!

Guest Omega1084

You're welcome, really I'm just going there to help people(because almost no one else will) and end up reading D0rky's while I wait for replies to PMs.

Still, I'm glad I could help in some way.

@Omega1084

I would go there to help people as well however I do it sparringly. I don't have many friends there to help and the risk is too great for someone to get their panties in a bunch and get me banned despite my being there for a very loooooongggg time. (I have even conversed in PM with the DarkOne on several occasions. :P) I don't think I would personally get banned but now seeing some of the things that have happened in the past to a few of the members I am not so sure. There have been a few (very small ) incidences that might have been something that the Nexus would have banned me for had it happened there. Despite my constant attempt to take the higher ground. People sometimes just get annoyed and sometimes they just do stupid things. Not mean, not nasty, or even evil. Just something stupid.  So now I spend my time helping out here more than I ever did there. In return I have learned more here in the time I have been here (over a year) than I had learned there in almost 10 years.

@AwfullArchdemon

I was dissaponted when I finally learned that MO can only take 255 mods or so before having problems. I recently read that you can run any number of MO's for any number of games. If I have read correctly one can run different MO's for different needs for the same game. Is that correct? That is MO won't screw up another MO's files if accessing the same game. Probably something I should have sent to PM first but. It might be useful to those that want to run every mod possible. (including older versions of Sexlab) for instance.

I was dissaponted when I finally learned that MO can only take 255 mods or so before having problems.

Are you sure about that? I was under the impression it didn't have a limit, although I know that Nexus Mod Manager certainly does have a limit of 255.

It doesn't really matter to me anyway. I've never run over 120 at once. :P

I thought it was able to handle as many mods installed as you wanted provided you didn't activate them. I can't find the post asking about this and having an issue with having too many mods.

I am not concerned with running massive amounts of mods but I would like to have them available and run them when I want to create a new profile. Perhaps even having older versions of the same mods change bodies etc. Never exceeding about 150 mods or so. My machine seems to be able to handle that number to about 180 or so (FNV) before texture and script issues cause stuttering and other issues. Minor issues but issues none the less.

How many mods  do members here have in their MO installed (not activated just installed)?

I have 256 mods installed. All good here ;). Using 2 MO's for the same game? I sure never tried that. Maybe fire the 2nd MO up with 1st one to make sure both are being used? :D

This is where testers come in handy. I don't even wanna try. :P

Running MO with multiple games

Posted by Tannin42 in the Nexus MO forum on 04 June 2013 - 07:34 AM.

You can't add multiple games to one MO installation but you can have multiple separate MO installations. Simply install MO again and point it at FNV on the first start up.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer_Advanced  Site referenced.

I have been doing a little bit of reading. If I do what I want to do and have my entire collection of mods for each of the games available I need to be able to install them and keep them available. At least prep them ( pack them for MO) and have them ready for installation. The previous is the desired use of MO. The nature of MO seems to be able to have them in that way. However I would prefer only one MO for each Game and then select the games independently using profile and activations. Then I can even use a save to activate the mods that I want to use.

MPORTANT. MO does not know about the relationship between files in the overwrite directory and the mod which generated it. Hence it does NOT obey the priorities set for a mod in the left pane. Which means you always have to make sure the overwrite directory is empty. The overwrite directory is global for all profiles. Some users have expressed this to be a drawback. For more information about the overwrite directory and strategies how to simulate a 'local overwrite for each profile' can be found in the Overwrite tab of the wiki.

On a separate note I found a reference to handle the local overwrite issue for each profile. Need to research this further.

I haven't played Oblivion or FNV since I reloaded Skyrim (it was broken) and switched to using MO. But I will be playing them again at some point and will likely use MO for them as well.

So I will need a seperate MO install for each game? No biggie I guess. Just give the desktop shortcuts unique names or something so I can keep them seperate.

I already run multiple profiles and saves with Skyrim and that's simple. The ONLY issue I've had when switching is T-posing so I run FNIS when I want to play the other profile.

A new MO for each game? Makes sense to me. Just extract the original MO dl to a new game dir and fire it up. What if something went wrong with MO? You have your mods f***ed up for every game. No thanks. I'd install MO to different games even if it had the option to use all games in one MO.

I actually have a really old version in Obl's dir. I'll fix it later. For now, I'd really like to know the hell to download from LL using MO!

I haven't played Oblivion or FNV since I reloaded Skyrim (it was broken) and switched to using MO. But I will be playing them again at some point and will likely use MO for them as well.

So I will need a seperate MO install for each game? No biggie I guess. Just give the desktop shortcuts unique names or something so I can keep them seperate.

Normal users absolutely don't need to have any more than one version of MO for each one of the games they are modding. One for Skyrim, Oblivion, FNV, and F03.

There are special requirements for installing mods using MO. The Hud mods have to have special steps to get them to run correctly. If you run Sexout there will be files dropped into your Overwrite folder for each profile you run. Other than that I haven't experienced any other issues. I haven't ran Oblivion yet with MO.

A new MO for each game? Makes sense to me. Just extract the original MO dl to a new game dir and fire it up. What if something went wrong with MO? You have your mods f***ed up for every game. No thanks. I'd install MO to different games even if it had the option to use all games in one MO.

I actually have a really old version in Obl's dir. I'll fix it later. For now, I'd really like to know the hell to download from LL using MO!

True, so true. It is also a requirement. You must have a seperate version of MO installed for each game it controls. It makes sense and probably helps with the "hooks" that are being used because if they fail no mods will show up in game when you run MO. However I have yet had MO F***ked up yet.

I would like to know how to download from LL as well but most likely I would be a control freak and download each mod independently anyway and package, or verify the mod anyway.

Following your advise AwfullArchdemon I have been looking over Step and Tannin's work. I had to create a log in to get the definitive answer to the overwrite question

The only thing I am not sure of is if the new files generated for that created profile "mod" would get anything new generated place into that mod or if manual addition is needed before swapping out the profiles.

Sorry bro. Looks like case closed on that one. You know us though. If I don't find an awesome solution, someone else will ;). If I wasn't in college right now, I would have been all over MO figuring out everything it can possibly do. Good thing I am in college though, or I wouldn't know how to make a game yet. So much art...tired of drawing :(........Yay MO!

There isn't a solution. Tannin has stated as far back as last October that the main Overwrite folder is the way MO will handle the files. One has to create a mod and activate it in the profile of choice. Havent found out if the activated mod will get the new "refreshed" files in that profile or if you have to transfer the files back to that profiles mod that was created. So unless some massive discovery (AwfulArchdemon keep your eyes out and mind open for that awesome discovery) occurs that is the way it will be from now on.

On a separate conversation. I PM'd him from Nexus on the question on how many mods can be installed / not loaded into the game. The game has a limit and nothing can be done short of combining mods and bashing etc. But how many mods can be loaded into MO (unactivated) is my question. Hope he answers it. I would like a definitive answer even if it isn't exact.

Also there is a different answer for the multiple MO per games on the Nexus that Tannin himself wrote. That seems to lead me to believe one per game is needed. I can confirm that one can be used for each game. I had Skyrim and FNV running through MO (not at the same time silly) and it worked flawlessly.

Well, I finally fired up Bodyslide and OutfitStudio 2. Starting to understand a lot more about all of the programs out there. 3DS Max, NifSkope, CK, Wrybash, BS&OS2, Pex Decompiler/Recomplier, bunch of mods, TES5Edit, Photoshop, C++, Papyrus...I was so totally lost on all of these things a year ago. Couldn't even e-mail right.

I want to make some serious software, and I want to learn MO inside and out. FNIS too. SKSE, Bodyslide...you name it. Hopefully, I'll be releasing a complete game on LL in the future. It's one of those "life's missions". One day...

In the meantime, MO is my main focus (after CK, since I'm making HF Aesthetics v1.2 soon). All hail Mod Organizer!

Knowing all of these programs will help me know MO better, since I run everything through MO. :cool:

Maybe figure out how to fix the few issues running a few programs through MO. Perhaps fix the issue that MO can only run x86 based programs and not x64 based programs. (so I have heard). :)

Aren't Skyrim, Fallout and Oblivion 32bit? It runs those! :lol:

Yes they are. The games run fine. The comment was for programs that can be accessed by MO. MO being the great device that it is can access almost anything. Last I heard however that 64 bit programs (editors etc) cannot be accessed by MO currently. Could be wrong. I am trying to understand the MO and I am not going to College like AwfulArchdemon :P

Nothing regular users of MO will ever experience under normal use and work. ;)

Skyrim has a hard limit of 255 active .esps (it's soft really, but you can't really go above than number and actually use the mods), after which it kinda goes bonkers, but can support any number of mods until it runs out of memory.  Being a x86 application hardly helps with heavy modding but in theory you can put whatever you want in there and pray.  As far as MO goes, I currently have close to 900 mods installed, although I'm pretty sure more than half aren't activated.  The armor mods I use can usually be merged so that saves .esp slots.  The usual problem I run into is heavy scripting causing the game to CTD, which I doubt is MO's issue.

Skyrim has a hard limit of 255 active .esps (it's soft really, but you can't really go above than number and actually use the mods), after which it kinda goes bonkers, but can support any number of mods until it runs out of memory.  Being a x86 application hardly helps with heavy modding but in theory you can put whatever you want in there and pray.  As far as MO goes, I currently have close to 900 mods installed, although I'm pretty sure more than half aren't activated.  The armor mods I use can usually be merged so that saves .esp slots.  The usual problem I run into is heavy scripting causing the game to CTD, which I doubt is MO's issue.

This helps a lot for my confidence in installing the mods as I come across them... Now I can install everything... muhhaaaa (evil laugh) and test it at my leisure.

MO's a beast. Install however many you'd like to. I remember when I 1st switched from NMM to MO. I had a shitload of mods, but never saw a problem. Why do you think I'm so all about MO? No problems at all! :)

I guess I got worried when reading more about MO and thought that might be a limitation on MO. I am so pleased that it isn't. Now I have to do the project that I want to do and "repack" all the mods for MO's use... ;) You know what I am talking about AwfulArchdemon.

To others it isn't necessary MO can handle the mods just fine following the instructions given on STEPS. I just like having everything packaged the way I like, personal choices. Fortunately most mods come packaged correctly already just need to clean up the added files given (not part of the mod) out of the folder. I keep a copy now of the original with the name of the author web link and any relevant instructions in a different folder. Now I plan on placing all the packaged mods into the "download" folder of MO for easy re-installation if needed.