Message of the Day

Version 1.1.2 released
Version 1.1.2 was released yesterday. Please see the changelog for the changes.

It seems the external installer bundled with 1.1.2 is kaput so please downgrade to the NCC version from 1.1.1, there is an optional file for that in the files section. Simply unpack to your mod organizer directory (you should be prompted to overwrite files, choose yes). 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who don't know, there is a new version of my preciousis coming out. Tannin42 is that dude! B)

@Carida: I didn't see this listed in the replies, sooo...

attachicon.gifDownload with MO.jpg

Unfortunately it cannot find the server. That's what it keeps telling me. I'm not sure why. Maybe its being blocked by something. I'm not sure. 

Oh as to my previous problem. I figured it out :D Basically I had the file path wrong so it was totally my fault lol, All fixed now tho :D

Thank you all for your help :) I greatly appreciate it. Its why I love LL :)

-C

So I get the left side is for the actual installed mods and the right is for plugins.  Which do I change around for load orders?  I'm guessing the actual mod load order list instead of the esp's but a clarification would be nice.

It's both....kinda'. :D Use BOSS to sort the .esm and .esp load orders like with any other manager (or no manager even).

In the left pane you get to control which mods have priority over others on top of the normal load order on the right side. Without changing the order of the plugins you can change the priority/order in the left pane to change what mods overwrite (or over-read) what other mods.

Yea im using BOSS, but it doesn't recognize every plug-in and sometimes switches around the armor mods that I want to use.  Also, will there be warning that will tell me when I get close/go over 80 BSAs or over 254 active ESPs?  (Right now I'm at 286, but theres around 20 or so that aren't active (compatibility patches and the such)

Due to some update problems with BOSS, instead of BOSS sorting the load list, I open the masterlist and have to manually sort, based on the type of mod to be used.

Unfortunately it cannot find the server. That's what it keeps telling me. I'm not sure why. Maybe its being blocked by something. I'm not sure. 

Oh as to my previous problem. I figured it out :D Basically I had the file path wrong so it was totally my fault lol, All fixed now tho :D

-C

Choose a different server. If you've taken that step, then MO may be working that out right now with that new release I can't wait for. (Not sure. I should really converse with Tannin to try to keep people informed of future events, but...

1) Not sure Tannin wants me to announce here before Nexus

2) I'm way too busy-as-hell to keep constant tabs on my precious

Yea im using BOSS, but it doesn't recognize every plug-in and sometimes switches around the armor mods that I want to use.  Also, will there be warning that will tell me when I get close/go over 80 BSAs or over 254 active ESPs?  (Right now I'm at 286, but theres around 20 or so that aren't active (compatibility patches and the such)

If you use a lot of SL mods from here, BOSS will be more of an adversary than an ally. TES5Edit will achieve your goals when checking for advanced mod composition.

Don't expect BOSS to solve your load order problems. It may be the reason for them.

Learning MO is key. Do not install 100,000,000 mods. It doesn't even make sense to do that.

Ya know that time it takes MO to load up sometimes? That loading bar you sometimes see when firing up MO? That grows with every mod you install, and so does the amount of organization and memorization it takes to remember which mods are active, and where they are located.

Push that way too far, and you may end up with a CTD. MO is not a mega MM, it's just the best thing to use. It has limits, and those limits are likely to increase, if Tannin keeps refining MO.

When you say things like MO told me to stop at 250, but I installed 36 more anyway, it tells me you have a good reason to expect a problem or 2. And 80 BSA's? You must find the mods you love, and only use those. Don't activate everything you see. Narrowing down what works well together is really what modders try to accomplish.

Yea I finally just got a new computer so I can finally play Skyrim w/ more than low graphics on low resolution and now with an ENB (still have to learn how to do that) and with actual graphics mods.   I had a pretty stable 200 mod list before when I used Wyre Bash on my old computer (more than a year ago) so I just need to learn the quirks of MO.

I still don't understand the load order.  In the left pane you can order your actual mods so maybe your preferred armor replacer can be on top (but in MO, below it :\ ), but in the right pane you order your .esp's which can be ordered differently compared to your mod order?

Yea I finally just got a new computer so I can finally play Skyrim w/ more than low graphics on low resolution and now with an ENB (still have to learn how to do that) and with actual graphics mods.   I had a pretty stable 200 mod list before when I used Wyre Bash on my old computer (more than a year ago) so I just need to learn the quirks of MO.

I still don't understand the load order.  In the left pane you can order your actual mods so maybe your preferred armor replacer can be on top (but in MO, below it :\ ), but in the right pane you order your .esp's which can be ordered differently compared to your mod order?

<---- that side you decide the order of mods, example: i got cbbe at load order 15 and sg textures at load order 10, and when i got to game its how only default cbbe textures not sg ones, so you need put the sg textures at load order 15 and cbbe at 10, because that will "overwrite (not english speaker so idk a better word)" the default cbbe textures and will show at game correct.

------> that side you use BOSS.

If someone can post pics to better ilustrate im glad, i cant do that because im at work.

The left pane is the order of the mods (entirely), and the right pane is the order of the plugins comming from those mods.

Mod order made up example:

1. Creatures HD (overwriten flag)

-Horses.dds

-Dragons.dds

-Wolf.dds

2. Wolf Realistic Textures (overwriter flag)

-Wolf.dds

-Werewolf.dds

So it translates in the virtual 'data' directory (that you can see in the right tabs) like that:

data

/textures

/horses.dds (from 'Creatures HD')

/dragons.dds (from 'Creatures HD')

/wolf.dds (from 'Wolf Realistic Textures', overwriting 'Creatures HD')

/werewolf.dds (from 'Wolf Realistic Texture')

So if you move the mod 'Wolf Realistic Textures' over 'Creatures HD', the dinamic virtual 'data' folder will change accordingly, so your game will load the files accordingly. It's quite simple and it's basically the 'core' of what MO does different.

The plugin order (esm and esp's) it's completely unrelated. Obviously, if you have to mods with the same .esp, applies like in the example and the higher priority will be 'discovered' in the MO's 'data' directory, but other than that, its for you (or better, BOSS) to order them.

Something to be known: never load Racemenu 2.5 and Chargen Core 2.5 (both from Expired) at the same time, as this'll result to a CTD: because both of them have the same set of SKSE .dlls but only one should be loaded.

Load only the set coming from Racemenu.

I discovered this after I was experiencing CTDs too many times.

post-95254-0-35526000-1393635900_thumb.jpg

Something to be known: never load Racemenu 2.5 and Chargen Core 2.5 (both from Expired) at the same time, as this'll result to a CTD: because both of them have the same set of SKSE .dlls but only one should be loaded.

Load only the set coming from Racemenu.

I discovered this after I was experiencing CTDs too many times.

Strange, I haven't encountered that so far.  You mean CTDs on main menu or sth else?  Then again, I finally switched to ECE last week (made the default profile load ECE anyway) so whatever xP  I think the CTD issue was then Chargen and Racemenu weren't updated to their most recent version but I'm pretty sure that was an issue with previous versions.

Dunno how it happened, but it happened after I did some editing to a gown mod as a fine clothes replacer (got sick of the shitty puffed-up glorified bathrobes and they don't look great on ladies, no matter how that elf says so); how I found out was when I read the debug log, SKSE veered off as I loaded the gamesave, and CTD'd as it tried to read both .DLLs at the same time, and then I checked the Data tab on MO's right side, which I saw that Chargen Core cancelled out the other .DLL in Racemenu.

-C

Choose a different server. If you've taken that step, then MO may be working that out right now with that new release I can't wait for. (Not sure. I should really converse with Tannin to try to keep people informed of future events, but...

1) Not sure Tannin wants me to announce here before Nexus

2) I'm way too busy-as-hell to keep constant tabs on my precious

Unfortunately that's the major problem. It doesn't detect servers. Any of them. At all. I have no idea why. I wonder if I did something wrong with the installation or something. I'm not sure. Most errors are user errors after all so the first question I always ask myself is what did I do wrong? But I followed the video on how to install it and set it up. It just doesn't detect servers, keeps giving me an error. Works just fine otherwise, so I'm happy :D

-C

I don't have NMM anymore. The [Download with NMM] tab on nexus dl pages will always use MO to dl them. I haven't had any problems doing that on Nexus with MO yet. If Nexus has problems, you're likely to find out before you even find the mod you're looking for.

*snip*

Hey there Archdemon, I'm wondering if you can tell me why after moving M.O from my C:\ drive to D:\ drive (where Skyrim is installed) I'm getting latency in animation sounds (such as firing an arrow=sound comes later).

I've tried reverting to where M.O was before (C:\) and it fixed it, so it is definately related.

But i'd much rather M.O to be on my D:\ drive as it is an external hard drive allowing me to move my Skyrim + mods to different PCs...

Is there perhaps a "correct" way for moving M.O and all mods/preferences/profiles to other drives?

(EDIT: I ran FNIS on D:\ also)

@Shinobi556: did you move (copy) both the game ad MO to the same drive location? MO will have no problems if it's in the Skyrim directory. I actually haven't even tested outside of it. MO was originally stated to be able to run anywhere, with no side-effects, but I always keep it where the game's app is. Never veered. Allow Steam to know where your new destination is, and make sure MO is in your new (copied) Skyrim directory. It may not actually be necessary, but I like the idea of having all .exe's in the same folder.

snip

Thanks for reply!

Well originally I had M.O simply in C:\ProgramFiles\ModOrganizer while Skyrim was on my external D:\ drive.

I never encountered any problems whatsoever.

It is since I decided I wanted my mods also on my external D:\ drive to be with Skyrim (hence the move) that I started to get these anim/sound lags.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the savegames relating back to some non-existing MO directory on C:\ or something...

Anyhow, M.O is now in D:\ProgramFiles\ModOrganizer. Not inside the actual Skyrim directory...

I shall try uninstalling it and reinstalling inside Skyrim main dir, then transferring the mods/preferences folders over.

EDIT: there was only one move [M.O ===>  D:\  where Skyrim is also].

snip

Thanks for reply!

Well originally I had M.O simply in C:\ProgramFiles\ModOrganizer while Skyrim was on my external D:\ drive. I never encountered any problems whatsoever.

It is since I decided I wanted my mods also on my external D:\ drive along with Skyrim (hence the move) that I started to get these anim/sound lags.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the savegames relating back to some non-existing MO directory on C:\ or something...

Anyhow, M.O is now simply on D:\ ProgramFiles\ModOrganizer. Not inside the actual Skyrim directory...

I shall try uninstalling it and reinstalling inside Skyrim main dir, then transferring the mods/preferences folders over.

No. Uninstalling MO is never necessary unless you're switching versions. Move that mug right to your new drive. Reestablish the file path as 'default' through Steam. Steam reinstalls itself there legitimately, and therefore becomes your new Steam directory. Be careful, because you may now find yourself seeing Steam attempt to open in 2 directories.

For more technical help, please PM me. Some explanations are just too long for this thread. I'll compile awesome Q&A later, and add them to my OP.

Okay, so I am about ready to tear my hair out.  I'm an avid user of MO, and I absolutely love it.  I've almost got everything figured out ... except one tiny little thing.  Unfortunately, that one thing is driving me nuts.

I simply cannot get a pregnancy body mod to ever show any change occurring.  I assume it is something I am doing wrong in some step-by-step ordering, or else I'm not loading the mods in the right order, or something.  So anyway, I'll give the set up, and someone can explain what I'm doing wrong.

Assume I have MO and all the addin programs up and running correctly (BOSS, TES5, WYRE, etc, etc) I can run FNIS, been doing skyproc patchers, I know how to reorder the loading of mods, hide conflicts between mods, and currently MO shows "everything seems to be in order"

So what I do is grab CBBE and bodyslide 2 and outfit studio.  I get the X93ar50 skeleton from LL, I also grab the HDT body, various HDT files, the modified cbbe outfits and load them all up.  Currently the load order is like this (I assume none of the other mods really matter):

Race Menu
Race Menu Extender Sliders
RaceCompatibility with fixes
-CBBE-
BodySlide 2 and Outfit Studio
Disable Face Gen Cache
FNIS Behavior V4_0_2 
FNIS Creature Pack 4_0_4
FNIS Idle Spells V4 0 2 
Realistic Ragdolls and Force
Remodeled Armor for CBBE Bodyslide and BBP
ZAZ Animation Pack
SOS
SOS - DLC armors
SOS Patch
XP32 Maximum Skeleton
HDT
HDT HighHeel
HDT PhysicsExtensions

things load from top to bottom, although I've mostly eliminated conflicts between mods.

Now I've run bodyslide and selected the HDT body, and checked the belly weights (lw 20%, hw 80%), big belly weights (50% and 60%) and pregnancy belly (both 0%) like all of the guides have said.  I've created the body, and then also batch generated the outfits.  Both appeared to be successful, and I received messages to that effect. 

The game plays, and all the mods work (Estus Charus, Hentai Preg, any sexlab animation I've tried), but no belly growth or breast growth ever takes place.  So what am I missing?

That would be a very good question.  When I create the body, the message I get tells me that it successfully created femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif and put them in my skyrim\data\meshes\actors\character assets\ folder.  But they aren't there because MO only plays in the virtual data folder (since I'm running BS2 inside MO).  When I check that same folder inside, all it shows is the original CBBE meshes.  And nothing is written to the overwrite folder.  When I run the batch build for outfits, it doesn't tell me where it drops them, but it appears to work on 200+ outfits (all the CT77 stuff, the HDT stuff, etc).  Those do appear in my overwrite mod, which I then wrote out to a "real" mod so I could verify it in the virtual data folder.  so I have the clothing meshes.  I just have no idea what is happening with the body meshes.  They could be going anyplace in the known universe for all I know.

Update:  Just out of curiosity, I decided to look closer at the actual files.  Apparently both femalebody_0 and _1 were modified at the time I ran BS2, it just doesn't change the tag on the file.  So they are still listed as being part of the CBBE mod even though I modified them (apparently) in bodyslide using the HDT body and my slider settings.  Interesting, and even more of a mystery since it means it must have something to do with my mod load order now.