@AwfulArchdemon: I'm sorry I may not have expressed myself clearly and therefore made a bit of a buffoon of myself. Of course I didn't mean that the two should be "merged", I'm not even sure how that would work. I meant more so, that I hope that Mod Organizer will eventually supersede Nexus Mod Manager as the standard in Mod Organizers. My main issues starting out was simple things like how to get FNIS to work, I had no clue that it was supported so well in the Settings! The other thing that baffled me was the "priority" and the cute little lightning icons that explain conflicts or priorities and what supersedes what. But after reading up and using it, I simply love it!!! As you stated, swapping profiles and mods is a breeze! My mod count at the moment is 183 (LOL).  :blush:

@ritualclarity I do, I do! I love to use features that protects the game. I loved Nexus Mod Manager up until when starting with skeletons and animations that had to replace each other. Then I started messing things up big time!  :lol: Mod Organizer is simple heaven at the moment. As I said above working with 183 different files is a breeze and conflicts can be resolved by simply moving an item in a list!!

Thank you both for the replies!

I have and some issues with FINIS as well. Mostly what was left in the overwrite folder. I am told not to worry about that even though you might read otherwise on the main page.

FINIS from my understanding needs to have the "tools" removed from the mod and manually installed in the Data folder while the rest can be installed by MO. I have installed the entire thing manually before remembering what files are what so that I can removed them later. (making sure I have a good base backup of Skyrim.) and I have installed it completly with MO. Both seem to work ok with minimum issues. However I have gotten some errors upon running it. Nothing that affected my game play to a point that I couldn't continue. I am sure many of those errors are issues r/t my use and mods and lack of understanding of FINIS and how it functions. (deeper understanding). I come from the older games where FINIS isn't needed and using it is confusing me more than it really should.

I meant more so, that I hope that Mod Organizer will eventually supersede Nexus Mod Manager as the standard in Mod Organizers.

Both NMM and MO are in active development. Both are being designed to handle many mods. Both will be improved in the future. MO in my opinion has a greater start and seems at least currently in quicker development cycle than NMM. Also more features already implemented. NMM has a long way to even come close to the feature set of MO if the maintainers and developers even want that of NMM. I have only recently started using MO on a part time basis and it has went through about three versions during this time. Each version with just the right amount of development and needed fixes. Not to much and nothing so far that could cause major issues with noobies using it. Nothing that a little patience and reading couldn't solve.

If I was going to invest time in learning a mod manager I would start with MO especially if you are a Skyrim addict. Learn the basics and features. Then move to Bash, which can cover other features that MO don't have. and give much needed support for Oblivion Skyirms sister game. Then OBMM and FOMM for Oblivion and Fallout games. (the features in OBMM and FOMM could be learned in about a day or less for most people. You don't need to know how to create files or anything except how to install from OBMM or FOMM that is it)

After you learn the basics of mod managing you can then move to creating or changing mods / game to suit your taste. Many have done this and with the support of LL this is a very real possibility. Chances are there is someone here that can answer virtually any question that you can ask...

The sky is the limit here. How high you go is up to you.

I know I am the alien resident here.

green-alien-wink.gif

I have and some issues with FINIS as well. Mostly what was left in the overwrite folder. I am told not to worry about that even though you might read otherwise on the main page.

FINIS from my understanding needs to have the "tools" removed from the mod and manually installed in the Data folder while the rest can be installed by MO. I have installed the entire thing manually before remembering what files are what so that I can removed them later. (making sure I have a good base backup of Skyrim.) and I have installed it completly with MO. Both seem to work ok with minimum issues. However I have gotten some errors upon running it. Nothing that affected my game play to a point that I couldn't continue. I am sure many of those errors are issues r/t my use and mods and lack of understanding of FINIS and how it functions. (deeper understanding). I come from the older games where FINIS isn't needed and using it is confusing me more than it really should.

Ops! I put the FNIS files from the tools folder back into FNIS earlier today. I may have to re-install then!

If I could make a guess I would say you love Fallout more than Skyrim (don't tell anyone but so do I! I love the atmosphere!). 

I just realized after a couple of month of playthrough, I have a red triangle lol (appart from the overwrite not empty). So many fucks I dont give about it. MO is telling me to put the unofficial patches before a couple of mods, but funny thing is I already have it that way. It may be because I have them bsa extracted and MO is getting mad at me for that. I think it is more important having your files according to your likes than MO's tastes, I think it should stop giving those warnings to stop confusing new people and making them think MO is complicated or something.

Ops! I put the FNIS files from the tools folder back into FNIS earlier today. I may have to re-install then!

If I could make a guess I would say you love Fallout more than Skyrim (don't tell anyone but so do I! I love the atmosphere!). 

You put the files from tools back into...the tools folder? Files from tools should stay where they are (though I could be misunderstanding). I put the whole tools folder in Skyrim/data (manual), and zipped the rest of FNIS back up, and installed that into MO as a mod, as well as FNIS Spells, and Creatures (each seperately). Tools is all I install manually. Life is good for me like that.

As I said earlier on, FNIS can be installed 3 ways. All 3 are mentioned in ritualclarity's post above (tyvm rc). All 3 work, and none are wrong, but I like my way best. I just do.

ps, about me moving to school:

I changed the day I move in from Friday (today) to Sunday afternoon. I'm available today and tomorrow.

I like Fallout more than Skyrim. I don't care if people know that. It don't minimize the quality or story of Skyrim. It is a preference. I actually like FO3 better than FNV personally out of the two games. All can be used with MO and work fine. However with FO3 and FNV you really need to understand how FOMM is used through MO before moving to use those games. There are some mods that have special install instructions and you can post back here or in a forum thread for more aid. Keep in mind Sexout users (creators) are FOMM users and little support will be given from mods they create not because they don't like MO just because they don't use MO.

Warning double post.. :rolleyes:

As I said earlier on, FNIS can be installed 3 ways. All 3 are mentioned in ritualclarity's post above (tyvm rc). All 3 work, and none are wrong, but I like my way best. I just do.

Yep. with MO it seems as if the game can't see the difference when the virtual game has been loaded. In reality it sees it all laid out as one folder and the game just can't tell. It is mostly a preference. I personally tend to be more on the manual install side where others will use MO for virtual installation of everything they possibly can. The choice is yours. As you gain experience you will find that there are ways and tools to do practically whatever you want the way you want.

If you do like I do and make a 7zip file of the skyrim folder (With SKSE) you can recover from anything. Just delete the contents of the old folder and extract the back up and drag the contents into the folder and done. Keep in mind even with a powerful computer it takes some time to zip and extract files. Using mod managers like MO help the process because it allows  a cleaner management of the game folders. In MO case completely keeps is clean and untouched. This keeps you running for longer time between restoring your Skyrim folder ( or any game folder in that case).

got bit confused about that msg (look at attach) , im using boss for load order, so i keep using boss or do what MO says? Ah and about better vampires 6.5 ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9717/? ) , if someone was using that and can advice how doing that works ill be glad, i cant make that works with MO.

*Already read about at http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20492-mod-organizer/page-22?do=findComment&comment=635889 , just wondering what matters more MO order / instructions or Boss.

post-19248-0-79301800-1389460517_thumb.jpg

I never seen such an error or have I used those mods .. however I will try to provide some basic guidance.

1. I always follow the mod creators instructions r/t load orders first. Yes even if it is different from BOSS.
  2. Follow Boss load orders second when not instructed by the creators otherwise (#1)
  3. Then follow other instructions and suggestions. Generally if and only if I run into issues.

Generally with this most of the issues are resolved. I haven't had to use Tes5Edit however I believe it can also help recognize potential load issues provided you click on all the mods in question. However you would / should run it through MO for it to work properly.

Been dealing with the issues mentioned in the earlier pages regarding FNIS 4.1.1 and MO, which did not exist while I was on FNIS 4.0.2. Currently the only solution I could find is to move the entire Tools folder into Overwrite and run FNIS from there, after installing both FNIS and the creature pack through MO.

This is definitely an issue with 4.1.1 and nothing to do with MO, as a few people have suggested. I have both 4.0.2 and 4.1.1 on the same profile on MO 1.0.12. While FNIS 4.0.2 runs without any issues, 4.1.1 keeps giving me the error 53 which is followed by an 2012 on the next run. Noticed that FNIS no longer includes hkx files for creature instead it creates them from xml templates, which include some directory place holders (FNISRoot etc) which tell the program where to look for for behavior files. Those probably are the culprit.

Hmm.

Lately I've noticed my game has been freezing quite a bit more lately ever since I completely switched over from NMM to MO. Could it be that the large amount of files in MO being redirected into a virtual directory for Skyrim actually create more resource strain on my computer?

I used to never freeze with NMM + MO combination but with just pure MO now (exact same mods) I've gotten a lot more freezing at random times but always in the outdoors of Skyrim(obvious resource strain) I've never gotten in an interior location.

I don't CTD ironically just freeze.

I just realized after a couple of month of playthrough, I have a red triangle lol (appart from the overwrite not empty). So many fucks I dont give about it. MO is telling me to put the unofficial patches before a couple of mods, but funny thing is I already have it that way. It may be because I have them bsa extracted and MO is getting mad at me for that. I think it is more important having your files according to your likes than MO's tastes, I think it should stop giving those warnings to stop confusing new people and making them think MO is complicated or something.

It is a partial bug. If you have one mod in the wrong order MO will end up listing all mods with a potential order issue linked to the problem mods. But in short you due have at least one order issue so I would check all the listed mods and find the one which needs to be moved.

As for the overwrite directory the fix for this is to create a directory called "Profile name Overwrite" in the mods folder then just copy the files from the overwrite to that folder. You can skip this if you are only using one profile but I recommend against that as it's best to clear that red triangle. If your using more then one profile then you can't skip this step safely.

If your using the latest version of FNIS creatures and a mod that uses creatures (such as FNIS zoo) then you will get errors when you run FNIS. If you keep running FNIS though the errors will eventually clear and things will work (I exited and restarted MO after each run not sure if thats needed though). This bug has been listed with MO already. Edit: this bug will be addressed in the next release.

Sorry if this stuffs been covered already seemed faster to cover them rather then look for them.

Hmm.

Lately I've noticed my game has been freezing quite a bit more lately ever since I completely switched over from NMM to MO. Could it be that the large amount of files in MO being redirected into a virtual directory for Skyrim actually create more resource strain on my computer?

I used to never freeze with NMM + MO combination but with just pure MO now (exact same mods) I've gotten a lot more freezing at random times but always in the outdoors of Skyrim(obvious resource strain) I've never gotten in an interior location.

I don't CTD ironically just freeze.

Sounds like your running out of video memory my current mod setup pulls 2.5 gig of video memory when I'm outside (and about 1.5 inside) fortunately my GPU has 3 gigs of memory. Another possibility is that your drive is fragged try running defrag.

A side effect of using MO is that you feel much safer adding new mods so it becomes easy to exceed your systems capabilities.

I really don't get the BSA extraction business. Does clicking "Yes" equate to checking it in the "Archives" folder?

I would say that in practice it does, although if you extract them, well, you get the loose files instead of having them in a BSA archive.

I personally prefer doing that, especially if it's textures or something similar, because supposedly they load faster if they're uncompressed... or something.

Anyway, from what I've gathered:

1) you extract the .BSA: it follows the priority order set in the left pane, the .BSA is extracted into loose files

2) you don't extract the .BSA + check it in the "archives" tab: as above for all practical purposes, but the .BSA is left in its original state

3) you don't extract the .BSA + don't check it in the "archives" tab: it's loaded according to the position of its .esp in the load order if it has an associated .esp (I think? This I'm not sure about), otherwise it either spawns a black hole or doesn't get loaded at all, I would imagine.

Shame I can't install the Sextreme loading screens with this.

That mod is loaded on my install, with Mod Organizer, no less.

You put the archive in Mod Organizers "downloads" folder, run Mod Organizer, doubleclick that archive and put a check mark in it's box in the left-hand pane.

You may have to run BOSS and check priorities after it's installed, but that goes for any mod.

My experience with Mod Organizer has been an eye opener.

About four months ago I uninstalled Skyrim in disgust (NMM install). Crashing, texture and performance issues. NMM would take enough time to load that I could make a pot of coffee, come back, sign in, go back make a cup of coffee, only to watch NMM try to update all my mods yet again.

My nephew, about three weeks after I uninstalled said "use MO, it's perfect". So I went to S.T.E.P, read a LOT, then proceeded to install Skyrim (without trying to throw 375 mods at it at once). It's now running 5 profiles ( Vanilla, Alternate Life, SexLab Stable, SexLab WIP, and my wife's profile). I just finished a three day stint of installing Fallout New Vegas (Two profiles - just New Vegas, and TTW), Fallout 3, and just finished the Oblivion install with three different profiles of Lovers with PK.

All installs are still pristine, and I can see what's happening in any one profile/game from ONE screen. All utilities for each game are installed through Mod Organizer.

I have two things I don't like about Mod Organizer:

1)   Nifskope just can't bloody well find its textures

2)   Anything that needs to install one folder higher than "Data"

The ultimate modding tool.

Back to Oblivion . . .

I really don't get the BSA extraction business. Does clicking "Yes" equate to checking it in the "Archives" folder?

I would say that in practice it does, although if you extract them, well, you get the loose files instead of having them in a BSA archive.

I personally prefer doing that, especially if it's textures or something similar, because supposedly they load faster if they're uncompressed... or something.

Anyway, from what I've gathered:

1) you extract the .BSA: it follows the priority order set in the left pane, the .BSA is extracted into loose files

2) you don't extract the .BSA + check it in the "archives" tab: as above for all practical purposes, but the .BSA is left in its original state

3) you don't extract the .BSA + don't check it in the "archives" tab: it's loaded according to the position of its .esp in the load order if it has an associated .esp (I think? This I'm not sure about), otherwise it either spawns a black hole or doesn't get loaded at all, I would imagine.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...say 'no' to extracting .bsa's, unless you know you know you need to alter them in some way. It saves space too.

I can see modders saying yes to extracting, because they're modders...they plan on altering a lot of mods to their liking. Aside from knowing you'll change, alter, or adjust something, their's no reason to extract, and you can always reintstall later, and extract then (really quickly).

Sorry for late replies. School slammed me with homework RIGHT away. I got this though. They'll never stop me! A+, for CERTAIN! Final grade!

As for replying to MO...as soon as I hooked my comp up to "their" network, I've had a negative overhaul of my computer (never doing that again). I've cleaned all problems, but still...not using their service anymore (pretty bad when a fellow dormie's name shows up on your comp as soon as you connect to their service, and even he didn't know that). 

I probably won't be able to support MO from there, but I might find my way out of their little 'program' (might have set up serious protective measures), and help covertly, but risks really should be avoided, so weekends could possibly be it for me, since I won't plug my shit into their shit, but we'll see. I will do what I can. Sorry again, and thank you for your MO loyalty. Tannin42 appreciate's it. ;)

As always, I appreciate everyone's help when I'm unavailable. I traveled back home to respond to LL stuff on my day off, and found people are helping. :) I wish to keep assisting, but school's no joke. I can handle it though, but replies are limited. The bright side is, I'm just a little closer to being a talented modder, so I'll just kick major ass, and make the best mod the planet Earth has EVER SEEN!!

4.0!

YAY MO!

[latest version 1.0.12]