I probably won't be able to support MO from there, but I might find my way out of their little 'program' (might have set up serious protective measures), and help covertly, but risks really should be avoided, so weekends could possibly be it for me, since I won't plug my shit into their shit, but we'll see.

Virtual Box perhaps. Use a Linux or BSD for the OS in the box and you should be ok for web. That is if they don't track you or have restrictions. If so Proxy time.

If you have used NMM before, and start using MO, how does it treat the mods that you have already installed using NMM?

Should you deactivate, or delete all mods before making the switch?   Or will MO pick up what you already have installed and put them in the right place that it would want them?

And my apologies if this has been answered already and I have missed it.

If you have used NMM before, and start using MO, how does it treat the mods that you have already installed using NMM?

Should you deactivate, or delete all mods before making the switch?   Or will MO pick up what you already have installed and put them in the right place that it would want them?

And my apologies if this has been answered already and I have missed it.

I suggest taking your mods from NMM to MO, and then moving NMM from it's default location and placing it gently in the Recycle Bin. Then "flush the toilet", say goodbye to NMM, and say hello to the almighty Mod Organizer. Deactivating may not be necessary, but I don't know. I haven't used NMM for Ages. B) Don't really know much about it.

You don't even have to install them, just drag all mods from NMM to the Mod Organzer\mods folder. Fire up MO, and you'll see each mod listed in it's mod list.

However, NMM uses a different file path than MO, so that may not work. MO has a 'transfer to MO from NMM' option, but I've never used it. At worst, you'll have to take your mods that are in NMM, and take anything in a 'data' folder out, so that 'data' is not the the folder everything is in, meaning if a mod's path is 'data\meshes\actors\character\ yada yada, take the 'meshes' out of 'data', and use 'meshes' as your mod to be installed.

MO is like getting your training wheels removed from your bike.

It is better in many ways however you have to get use to not having "training wheels" or a program taking care of everything. You have to think a bit and make choices. Choices on if you want to jump that ramp or run through the mud. Same as MO. You can choose the "default" install however sometimes things overwrite other things. (going through the mud) with NMM you don't have that choice so much. It pretty much overwrites everything or gives you prompt "overwrite" yes or no and your done. MO however lets you change what you overwrite and if you figure out it isn't correct.. no problem just change it back. NMM reload the mod is the only choice. Eventually everything gets so out of wack you need to reload the game. Not with MO. It is like "jumping the ramp" cool on so many levels and able to do it again and again.

All that being said .. read up on the features and programs and how to set up your MO folder and all the programs you want. It even runs NMM through MO so if you needed to use it (for confort) you can. See no more training wheels.  unless you want them..

just a question, mod organizer was saying to me move some default skyrim patches (unofficial), i need move the esp or the esm? or both?

because he asked sometime ago to decompress the bsa´s and i let do that, idk if goes write, im still using boss like said from last time, but now the situation got worst, i almost cant load any game without getting ctd, i need do at console : coc ctest and after load a game and its goes all time.

*i dnt founded at all the unofficial skyrim esm to move, just the esp, that why im in doubt.

post-19248-0-87248500-1389927594_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deedlit

just a question, mod organizer was saying to me move some default skyrim patches (unofficial), i need move the esp or the esm? or both?

because he asked sometime ago to decompress the bsa´s and i let do that, idk if goes write, im still using boss like said from last time, but now the situation got worst, i almost cant load any game without getting ctd, i need do at console : coc ctest and after load a game and its goes all time.

*i dnt founded at all the unofficial skyrim esm to move, just the esp, that why im in doubt.

Actually, it looks like you have the right setup, as far as I can tell. I s there anything on MO's error list that you haven't moved? You know, move this before that, put that before this...? Maybe you found a bug. Not impossible, but you load your Unofficial Patches just like me. It might just be giving you troubleshooting tips based simply on the mods you have installed, since it says 'no guided fix'.

Double check your other mods for an incorrect LO, and don't rely entirely on BOSS when using SL mods. BOSS doesn't recognize most LL mods, and may put them in a strange order.

btw, I say 'no' when asked to unpack .bsa files. I like to tick them myself.

Actually, it looks like you have the right setup, as far as I can tell. I s there anything on MO's error list that you haven't moved? You know, move this before that, put that before this...? Maybe you found a bug. Not impossible, but you load your Unofficial Patches just like me. It might just be giving you troubleshooting tips based simply on the mods you have installed, since it says 'no guided fix'.

Double check your other mods for an incorrect LO, and don't rely entirely on BOSS when using SL mods. BOSS doesn't recognize most LL mods, and may put them in a strange order.

btw, I say 'no' when asked to unpack .bsa files. I like to tick them myself.

tried with default settings and works fine (skyrim+addons+fnish+skse+unofficial patches), now after sleep (its 3am here now) going recheck ea esp, deactive test, reactive , test with my main profile (cbbe), and try find the one doing that, but ty.

I really don't get the BSA extraction business. Does clicking "Yes" equate to checking it in the "Archives" folder?

Two different things, extracting means extracting the content of a bsa (meshes, textures, scripts, sounds, whatever), and checking a bsa in "Archives" tab means only using that bsa. The result is virtually the same. I usually extract everything, however there are several mods that won't work propertly if you have them loose instead of in it's .bsa, I said that the problem reduces to bsa that contains scripts, and only in a few cases. The last serious problem I had was Sexlab Aroused, it wasnt working and the author told me that it needed to be packed in its default bsa, so reinstalled, clicked "no", checked the bsa, and worked. Another problem I had was with the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, I have it extracted but for some reason my char coudnt absorve dragonsouls, so I had to hidde a concrete script file and it worked.

would u guys recommend me jumping from NMM+BOSS to MO?

Only with guidance and ONLY if you're planning a COMPLETE clean reinstall anyways, since you're pretty much gonna have to do it anyways.. or at least it's very recommended you do.

Believe I'm a better voice to offer an opinion here since I'm a recent convert to MO. Though I wouldn't say 'convert'.. I don't believe MO can do no wrong. It does have faults due to its unique way of doing things, but there's always a workaround. Only issue I've really had was confusion of how MO works and FNIS, which I just manually installed, then 'hooked' in MO (not as hard as it sounds).

I did a solution to the Sextreme loading screens issue.

It kept saying extracting failed or something. So I extracted it with WinRAR, then rezipped it as a .ZIP file instead of a .7z

It installed perfectly from THAT archive, weirdly enough.

Guessing MO has issues with 7z files over a certain size or with a certain compression method?

I'm studying MO as I've just reinstalled the game today -- have to make sure I don't botch something.

Suppose I have installed MO and I just want to keep my Skyrim data folder clean except only for the vanilla and DLC files, the unofficial patches, and very important stuff like SKSE and interface mods, so is it okay if I could copy the zipped/RAR'd/7zipped files into the Download folder, and the regular/decompressed/loose files into the Mod folder (provided that I follow the directory structure within Data)?

To be clear:

Downloads -- compressed mods, mostly downloaded, but others are organized in folders.

Mods -- uncompressed, loose files (.ESPs, .BSAs, scripts, etc.)

Is it correct?

BTW, I download manually, put them into a single folder (with the exception of mods requiring multiple patches, which necessitates the use of dedicated folders) and used Wrye Bash. 

EDIT: NVM -- I'll figure it out myself. So far, I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

EDIT #2: FUCK, IT'S LIKE THE BEST SEX IN THE WORLD.

You need to move neither, that message refers to the list on the left, not the load order on the right.

You need to sort the mods by priority and then manually reorder them.

Look.

post-98697-0-31253500-1389970365_thumb.jpg

You need to move neither, that message refers to the list on the left, not the load order on the right.

You need to sort the mods by priority and then manually reorder them.

Look.

Ah thanks, i was till now trying the right side, that why so i cant made better vampires working. going redo that and try.

@Corpus Vile : Really Really Thanks, Works like a charm, and about the overwrite things? any idea

*attach with no more load order problems (yuupiie Thanks) and showing msg about overwrite.

If files are created through MO (either using 3rd party tools like TES5edit, Bodyslide or skse logs) and MO doesn't automatically place them anywhere, they end up in the overwrite folder.  The overwrite folder is always last in the mod order so whatever it has in there takes priority over the other mods.  Normally MO will either just write the files in question in their appropriate mod (e.g. Bodyslide generated bodies will go in the CBBE mod and overwrite the previous files) or drop them in overwrite.   If you know which mod uses which files, you can just drag them from the overwrite folder to the mod (it's easier and generally safer -as in not drop it by chance in another mod xP- to do it through explorer).  If you don't know or don't care or there's none (like skse logs that get generated each session) just leave them there, they aren't really doing anything horrifying.  I'd refrain from using the Sync fuction, it's pretty limited and doesn't seem to get most of the job done either. 

Exist any way for me label things like lets say cbbe and when i change preset to dreamgirl that dnt show at all at dreamgirl preset? i wanna label all cbbe mods like that and hide when using dreamgirl.

You could just create more profiles.   Have the CBBE stuff activated in one profile and the dreamgirl stuff activated in another, so you can switch on the fly (more or less anyway, armor mods tend to have .esps and stuff).  There are some filters and categories but as far as I know, you can't create new categories, so different profiles is still the best you can do.

Exist any way for me label things like lets say cbbe and when i change preset to dreamgirl that dnt show at all at dreamgirl preset? i wanna label all cbbe mods like that and hide when using dreamgirl.

You could just create more profiles.   Have the CBBE stuff activated in one profile and the dreamgirl stuff activated in another, so you can switch on the fly (more or less anyway, armor mods tend to have .esps and stuff).  There are some filters and categories but as far as I know, you can't create new categories, so different profiles is still the best you can do.

Thanks, im doing that that is the word i was tryng find categories (my english sucks bad) , yea im doing that using profiles, but dnt exist a way to when i switch for dreamgirl dnt dnt show any saved things at cbbe profile and just show from default one (vanilla,fnis,skse,patches its was like i saved my vanilla profile) .

Thanks, im doing that that is the word i was tryng find categories (my english sucks bad) , yea im doing that using profiles, but dnt exist a way to when i switch for dreamgirl dnt dnt show any saved things at cbbe profile and just show from default one (vanilla,fnis,skse,patches its was like i saved my vanilla profile) .

Ah, I think I found it.  Bottom left, there's a button that says filter.  Click that, a list should appear on the left.  Right-click in there somewhere, it should say Edit Categories.  From there you can create new categories, then use these to tag the mods you want as CBBE or Dreamgirl mods.  Not sure if you can hide them though.  Unless you meant something else xP

Ah, I think I found it.  Bottom left, there's a button that says filter.  Click that, a list should appear on the left.  Right-click in there somewhere, it should say Edit Categories.  From there you can create new categories, then use these to tag the mods you want as CBBE or Dreamgirl mods.  Not sure if you can hide them though.  Unless you meant something else xP

thanks, yea cant hide at least dnt founded, but belive that helps alot , just need put and select category now, better of trying find mod by mod .

thanks, yea cant hide at least dnt founded, but belive that helps alot , just need put and select category now, better of trying find mod by mod .

If you're trying to set your mod's category, just right-click the mod, and click 'set category'.

I believe they wanted something more specific to distinguish between bodytype mods, so new custom categories would help instead of everything being under Models.