hi, i want to install cbbe fitness body blender, and it say no game data on top level

i dont see any esp's, .esm's, and .bsa, what should i now ?

here the link fitness : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16731/?

That's some sort of blending mod that installs in the Caliente folder.  Irrelevant, just install it, it'll say it may not work, but it says so for all bodyslide related mods, too, because they don't install in expected or skyrim default directories like the meshes or textures folder.  You should have no problem if you know what you're doing anyway.  Just for the record, judging by the mod instruction, it's not some random texture mod.

i installed it, but nothing happen :(

Uh, did you run it? Hope you didn't simply activate it as a mod and expect it to run. As with all exe's, you can run it as normal, find the finished product, and install that, or run using MO (like CK, for example), and again, find the finished product and install.

You gotta be more specific than "I installed it, but nothing happened". List the steps you took.  

How to blend:

Now navigate to your "Skyrim/Data/CalienteTools/Fitness Blender" folder

and double click "TexBlend.exe".

1) At "Set:" select "Body and Feet".

2) At "Type:" select "Normal".

3) Select what you want to blend from the middle list.

Make sure you stick to the priority list. But if you don't want Body Muscles for example simply skip to Priority 2.

4) Click on "Preview".

5) Click on "Blend Images".

6) Hit "OK" when completed.

Repeat step 2 to 6 for any other options you want to blend.

Just a heads up, I should be updating the MO wiki on STEP with official tutorial videos to cover everything in the wiki.  You can consider it as a mini tutorial series as each video will be short and to the point, spanning only minutes to cover each topic.

Btw, I'm the creator of the official MO tutorial videos for STEP, Nexus, and skyrim GEMS ;) howdy all.

OK. New to MO. Seems simple enough and I'll get used to it. I am reinstalling a fresh game (NMM screwed me up bad and hopefully MO will help make a reinstall unnecessary in the future).

I am at the very beginning of the reinstall. So far I've manually installed my controller emulator (as usual). I've also manually installed FNIS (base and creatures, no spells) and SKSE (and have set MO to launch SKSE). I used MO to install the newest XPMS skeleton and a UNP TBBP body. When I run the FNIS generator it lists only 99 bones instead of the 242 I should be seeing. Why is this? Will this be an issue? I really can't continue the install without an answer since I'll have to install SoS and I don't believe it can function with a 99 bone vanilla skeleton.

you have to run fnis through Mod Organizer by modifying executables, and adding the fnis .exe to the list.  In fact, you should install fnis through MO.

Thanks. I just finished watching your tutorial vids prior to seeing your post here. (Thanks for the videos, by the way!) After seeing that I could figure out how to get FNIS to load properly (it wasn't in a proper format in it's normal folder layout). Then I added FNIS as an executable and now it shows all the bones in the XPMS skeleton.

So all's good and I can get back to setting up my fresh game.

Thanks again.

Another MO question.

ApachiiSkyHair. I am attempting to install it with MO but I am getting the "no game data on top" message. It wants me to put into an appropriate folder layout. BUT HOW? :lol: I'm just not getting it. I did it with FNIS, but doing the same thing with Apachii just doesn't do any good at all. Someone's here has used it I'm sure. Anybody?

Edit: Never mind, I'm a dumbass. :P I forget to right click and "set data directory" apparently.

I'll figure this out sooner or later. I promise. Hopefully sooner than later, too.

it's because the mod is packed in a way, that it normally can't be installed thru a mod manager.
But MO asks you for the folder that holds the (main) files that go into the data folder, so in most cases you don't need to unpack prior to feeding the mod archive into MO.
Just follow the help MO provides in the poped up windows and you're fine.

Just a heads up, I should be updating the MO wiki on STEP with official tutorial videos to cover everything in the wiki.  You can consider it as a mini tutorial series as each video will be short and to the point, spanning only minutes to cover each topic.

Btw, I'm the creator of the official MO tutorial videos for STEP, Nexus, and skyrim GEMS ;) howdy all.

Yup, I knew who you were the moment I saw the name. Thank you for the videos. Tannin42 and I, along with the Nexus and Loverslab appreciate it. ;)

Another MO question.

ApachiiSkyHair. I am attempting to install it with MO but I am getting the "no game data on top" message. It wants me to put into an appropriate folder layout. BUT HOW? :lol: I'm just not getting it. I did it with FNIS, but doing the same thing with Apachii just doesn't do any good at all. Someone's here has used it I'm sure. Anybody?

Edit: Never mind, I'm a dumbass. :P I forget to right click and "set data directory" apparently.

I'll figure this out sooner or later. I promise. Hopefully sooner than later, too.

For future reference, any time you dl a mod, extract it in a folder somewhere (create a new one specifically for Skyrim mods to be extracted in), and if you see that the 1st folder is called 'data', rename the 'data' folder to the name of the mod, zip that, and install via MO. The only difference between a NMM install, and a MO install, is that NMM installs mods that have the meshes, textures, sound, etc folders packed in a 'data' folder. MO installs the files inside of the 'data' folder, so just renaming the 'data' folder to the mod's name and zipping that lets MO see the files inside. It means that "game data is now on the top level".

I may suggest to Tannin to change that warning to something more specific, as some people think that the "no data on top level" thing means that the 'data' folder is not the 1st thing MO sees, whereas that is exactly what MO 1st sees, which can be misleading. It means to say meshes, textures, etc is not the first thing MO sees (on top level), and that causes the warning. It tries to put the 'data' folder in the Skyrim\data (virtual) directory, meaning Skyrim\data\data.

It's explained with pictures at the beginning of this thread.

Finally bought Skyrim and began adding mods.  Research into my options pointed the way to Mod Organizer, so here I am.  The method and implementation used to achieve a conflict-free environment is quite clever, I must say.  I had a few nagging questions about it, though. ;p

1) I'm coming from the New Vegas environment, where file load priority pretty much went like this: First the game would check what files to load based upon their load order as dictated by the likes of FOMM (Fallout Mod Manager), including vanilla and third-party assets.  But once that was settled, it would then prioritize anything it found in the actual /data directory, preferentially loading any duplicates it found there rather than whatever it found in the FOMM-dictated .BSAs and whatnot.  This was convenient as it gave me (and indeed many quick-&-dirty mod authors) a simple means of assuredly implementing small tweaks to the game without needing to mess with FOMM or whatever.  Now, I assumed this is how it worked in Skyrim, but MO adds a new wrinkle.  In consideration of MO's virtual directory system, do the assets found in the true /data directory still take final authority?

Now let's say I want to tweak a mod that has already been installed by MO (having discovered that MO keeps these files in its own /mods directory).

2a) Is the atypical location of the MO-installed mods going to cause problems with the Creation Kit?

2b) If I make modifications to certain files, will MO complain about this / be unable to implement the mod as per normal?

2c) If I add new files to a given mod's directory (such as adding a new texture or mesh related to the mod, rather than adding it to the true /data directory, so that things are kept tidy), will MO obligingly treat those files as part of the mod along with everything else in the mod's directory?  (I envision the scenario where MO has been designed only to address the specific files it found when the mod was installed, and this could be a touchy problem.)

Edit:

2d) Same deal if I remove files, since I'll probably be doing a lot of that as I balance which parts of which texture packs to actually use.

Thanks!

Finally bought Skyrim and began adding mods.  Research into my options pointed the way to Mod Organizer, so here I am.  The method and implementation used to achieve a conflict-free environment is quite clever, I must say.  I had a few nagging questions about it, though. ;p

1) I'm coming from the New Vegas environment, where file load priority pretty much went like this: First the game would check what files to load based upon their load order as dictated by the likes of FOMM (Fallout Mod Manager), including vanilla and third-party assets.  But once that was settled, it would then prioritize anything it found in the actual /data directory, preferentially loading any duplicates it found there rather than whatever it found in the FOMM-dictated .BSAs and whatnot.  This was convenient as it gave me (and indeed many quick-&-dirty mod authors) a simple means of assuredly implementing small tweaks to the game without needing to mess with FOMM or whatever.  Now, I assumed this is how it worked in Skyrim, but MO adds a new wrinkle.  In consideration of MO's virtual directory system, do the assets found in the true /data directory still take final authority?

Now let's say I want to tweak a mod that has already been installed by MO (having discovered that MO keeps these files in its own /mods directory).

2a) Is the atypical location of the MO-installed mods going to cause problems with the Creation Kit?

2b) If I make modifications to certain files, will MO complain about this / be unable to implement the mod as per normal?

2c) If I add new files to a given mod's directory (such as adding a new texture or mesh related to the mod, rather than adding it to the true /data directory, so that things are kept tidy), will MO obligingly treat those files as part of the mod along with everything else in the mod's directory?  (I envision the scenario where MO has been designed only to address the specific files it found when the mod was installed, and this could be a touchy problem.)

Thanks!

2a) It MIGHT, although CK WILL see all the mods you load on it, from what I gathered so far.  Script-compiling though might be an issue.

2b) No, MO doesn't care about changes to files.  MO doesn't even care about the files being there as long as the folder structure is correct, and even if it isn't, it'll just complain a bit when you install the mod (like bodyslide presets), put an X next to the mod and stop (those bodyslide sets work correctly even then, CalienteTools isn't a Skyrim default folder so MO complains there's no mod in there :P)

2c)  You're supposed to add a new file related to the mod into that mod's directory.  If you put it into data, it might be flagged for overwrite by another mod if there's a mod that uses the same file in the same folder structure.  MO mods take priority over anything that's in Skyrim's normal data folder.  For the record, MO doesn't care what's in the folders as long as the basic folder structure "data/vanilla Skyrim folders/whatever folder" is used.  MO will load everything that's been ticked to load into its virtual data folder despite being wrongly placed or not used by an .esp.  You have to be the judge of whether a mod was correctly installed by either checking the mod file structure and file names (you know them modders and their typos), the .esp (you know them modders typing in the wrong resource to use in there), or just checking it in game.

2d) Also irrelevant.  You can actually do all that moving and deleting from explorer, then load MO (and possibly refresh).  You don't need to edit or move files through MO unless it's for something like CK or TES5Edit or anything that needs your load order, like BOSS, etc, you usually want to run those through MO.

MO does 3 main things.  It leaves your data folder empty and uses its own, it lets you know which mod files conflict, allowing you to prioritize the mod you want WITHOUT deleting any files in the process (so if you change your mind later, just give the other mod higher priority), and it allows you to enable/disable mods with a simple click, without uninstalling them.

Thanks for the reply.

2a) It MIGHT, although CK WILL see all the mods you load on it, from what I gathered so far.  Script-compiling though might be an issue.

Huh. :/  So the best thing to do here, then, will be to avoid installing a mod with MO if one ever intends to tweak it with CK... or copy the files from MO's custom directory to the /data folder prior to conducting such tweaks, and then copying the modified file(s) back over to MO's custom directory?  Argh.

MO mods take priority over anything that's in Skyrim's normal data folder.

This.  This could be a problem.  If I want to just drop in a replacement face texture with no fuss, I put it in its appropriate folder in the /data directory.  Simple, convenient, guaranteed results.  Also, many "mods" out there really are nothing but contents intended to extract into the /data directory, with no associated .esp.

Perhaps a weird solution could be to set up a "mod" for MO to "install" that actually has nothing in it (call it DataForSure), place it at the very bottom of the load order, and then whenever I might normally have wanted to put something in the actual /data directory, I'll instead put it in MO's /DataForSure directory.

Thanks for the reply.

Huh. :/  So the best thing to do here, then, will be to avoid installing a mod with MO if one ever intends to tweak it with CK... or copy the files from MO's custom directory to the /data folder prior to conducting such tweaks, and then copying the modified file(s) back over to MO's custom directory?  Argh.

MO mods take priority over anything that's in Skyrim's normal data folder.

This.  This could be a problem.  If I want to just drop in a replacement face texture with no fuss, I put it in its appropriate folder in the /data directory.  Simple, convenient, guaranteed results.  Also, many "mods" out there really are nothing but contents intended to extract into the /data directory, with no associated .esp.

Perhaps a weird solution could be to set up a "mod" for MO to "install" that actually has nothing in it (call it DataForSure), place it at the very bottom of the load order, and then whenever I might normally have wanted to put something in the actual /data directory, I'll instead put it in MO's /DataForSure directory.

Well, I have made some edits in CK through MO, they worked, I'm pretty sure scripting isn't working through MO but I haven't tried.  I do most of my edits on an .esp through Tes5edit unless absolutely necessary.  Only thing you can do is try and see if it works, unless it's a script compilation, it should work normally.

About replacements : Or just create a folder in MO's mod directory, name it Texture Mod, create a textures/whateverdir in there, put the textures there, refresh MO, tick the mod, and yay.  That's what I do anyway when I want to put something in but don't want to mess with the actual mod.  Example, let's say I have a follower mod, that saves its textures in textures/SexyBabe.  I could edit or replace the textures in there directly OR, I could create a new mod folder, call it SexyBabe Alt Textures, create textures/Sexybabe folders in there, put the new textures I want to test, refresh MO, tick the new mod, then check whether it's flagged as overwriting the main mod.  I can now check the new textures without having messed with the main mod.  If I don't like them, I just untick the new mod I made and voila, my follower mod textures are back to their default.  Then, there's the overwrite folder, which is always the last mod but you don't want to burden that too much, or it'll become as chaotic as a normal skyrim data folder. 

And no, MO doesn't look for .esp files, it looks at the folder structure, for obvious reasons, as mods don't need to have an .esp.

You can put any simple file (like a replacement face texture) with no fuss inside MO folder structure / virtual 'data' directory. AND you can do the same in the actual /data directory, but then if you install a file with the same name inside MO, that will have priority.

EDIT: for better undestanding about what MO does, it doesnt matter if you isntall simple files or actual plugins (esm/esp files) it install the stuff and incorporates into its 'virtual' data folder.

As for the CK, I edited several mods (plugins) without problems, that is not an issue what I dont know is about compiling scripts.

um, what?  there is no higher priority between mods installed between skyrim data directory and MO directory.  They all have the same priority, with the exception that mods installed directly into skyrim directory usually showing in the overwrite folder.  If priority DOES become an issue, simply take the files from skyrim directory (or overwrite directory in MO) and transfer them into an empty folder i.e. an empty mod in MO, and then set the priority number for the new mod.

Yup, I knew who you were the moment I saw the name. Thank you for the videos. Tannin42 and I, along with the Nexus and Loverslab appreciate it. ;)

;D I wasn't expecting to be known here at LL.  I am glad to join the party, I'll be showing my face around a bit.

um, what?  there is no higher priority between mods installed between skyrim data directory and MO directory.  They all have the same priority, with the exception that mods installed directly into skyrim directory usually showing in the overwrite folder.  If priority DOES become an issue, simply take the files from skyrim directory (or overwrite directory in MO) and transfer them into an empty folder i.e. an empty mod in MO, and then set the priority number for the new mod.

Files installed in MO does have priority over files in Data directory... Overwrite folder does have nothing to do with that...