Any hints of possible upgrades or future changes.. stuff that is in the final testing phase?

Not really. I know very little, and I want the things I do know to be a surprise. Wish I could tell you about technical improvements, but even Tannin's not entirely sure what will be in the new version for certain. I just know it'll be noticeably better.

You don't know what's in the next version but you can't wait for it?  :P Fangirling much?

I'm more of a "hey, this version works, let's not be so hasty to want a new one".

If you look at the MO closely you can see a few improvements that might be created. The newer version based on what we currently have and possible improvements should be interesting indeed. So far his upgrades have been good and stable. He doesn't subscribe to the NMM development philosophy of putting out versions without making sure they are as stable as possible.  Yep so far based on his upgrades in the past I feel comfortable upgrading to the newer versions as they come out

Any hints of possible upgrades or future changes.. stuff that is in the final testing phase?

Not really. I know very little, and I want the things I do know to be a surprise. Wish I could tell you about technical improvements, but even Tannin's not entirely sure what will be in the new version for certain. I just know it'll be noticeably better.

That means that even tannin isn't sure what will make the cut for the next version, considering his high standard of quality control.

That is even more exciting considering that more features and improvements would still be coming in down the line if I am understanding this correctly. As he his able to finalize the features and make sure they are entirely stable and properly documented. etc.

You don't know what's in the next version but you can't wait for it?  :P Fangirling much?

I'm more of a "hey, this version works, let's not be so hasty to want a new one".

If you look at the MO closely you can see a few improvements that might be created. The newer version based on what we currently have and possible improvements should be interesting indeed. So far his upgrades have been good and stable. He doesn't subscribe to the NMM development philosophy of putting out versions without making sure they are as stable as possible.  Yep so far based on his upgrades in the past I feel comfortable upgrading to the newer versions as they come out

Well, you're a familiar face from Sexout, so I'll trust your word on that. I'd just prefer to know what the improvements are before I update. :s

@Rabblerouser

And right you should know those improvements. You have worked so hard to get everything just the way you want it based on the majority of your post. You don't want to mess it up on a mod upgrade even if it is MO.

I would even go so far as advise not to upgrade until some of the more MO experienced individuals like AwefulArchDemon and others have tested it to all ends of the earth. Especially if your current configuration works the way you want and need. I believe the new version will have some added features and conveniences. Fleshed out if you will. I don't think it will contain any earth shaking improvements. Could be wrong however.

So far it seems that MO can be installed over the original installation anyway so when it has been tested and is confirmed as an excellent upgrade then and only when you are confident upgrade.

Upgrading is really a matter of copy/pasting. I learned that the hard way. :P

We can just count the problems MO has and take guesses as to what the new version has in store for us. I can't say for sure that every problem will be fixed, but it'll be an improvement, which is always good news.

ATTENTION!

My support will be drastically limited as of Friday. I have no clue how often I'll be able to jump on LL, but I will take whatever moments I can to help out.

I am not abandoning this thread, or LL.

I will be starting college on the 13th, but I move in to my dorm on Friday the 10th. The bad thing is that I'll be way busier than ever before, which is why support will be limited. The good news is that I'm going to school to get my Bachelor of Science in Game Art & Design, which means LL is gonna see some new mods soon. ;)

I'll try my best to help, as always, and I'll be sure to let everyone know when I am and am not available.

I'd like to take this moment to thank everyone for their help, and support. I can't be on LL 24/7, but each question has been addressed by someone, and you guys have helped out a lot. Thank you all very much. :)

I'll let you all know what kind of schedule I'm dealing with here as soon as school starts. I'm not "gone", just busier.

Yay MO!! :lol:

just a lil tip i just learned that today, if getting bad shadows with enb, its because MO saves the inis at profiles, so you need edit that there to correct shadows from vanilla, idk if right thing, but works for me.

original post with pics showing problem and solved pics : http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24973-enb-project-reality-problem-at-some-hours/

Lol. Yeah, I had the same problem with Papyrus logs because the option to turn it on when going through MO is to use MO's own INI editor. :D

Basically anything that requires INI edits you need to do through MO's INI editor.

ATTENTION!

My support will be drastically limited as of Friday. I have no clue how often I'll be able to jump on LL, but I will take whatever moments I can to help out.

I am not abandoning this thread, or LL.

I will be starting college on the 13th, but I move in to my dorm on Friday the 10th. The bad thing is that I'll be way busier than ever before, which is why support will be limited. The good news is that I'm going to school to get my Bachelor of Science in Game Art & Design, which means LL is gonna see some new mods soon. ;)

I'll try my best to help, as always, and I'll be sure to let everyone know when I am and am not available.

I'd like to take this moment to thank everyone for their help, and support. I can't be on LL 24/7, but each question has been addressed by someone, and you guys have helped out a lot. Thank you all very much. :)

I'll let you all know what kind of schedule I'm dealing with here as soon as school starts. I'm not "gone", just busier.

Yay MO!! :lol:

GL and looking foward to see the results of your studies in form of mods (between other things)! :D

Well, from what i hear, the next update of MO will have a fancy new splash screen and icon. *wink wink*  But that's just eye-candy, no idea what else tannin has planned for it.

Yeah, I've heard that too (nudge nudge).;). I wonder what it will look like?? XD

I used MO for about a month before I figured out that the red triangle with the message "Potential mod order conflict" WASN'T referring to load order, but priorities on the left pane, lol. :blush:

That would be something I'd like to see in the new version, i.e. "Potential mod priority issue".

Well, from what i hear, the next update of MO will have a fancy new splash screen and icon. *wink wink*  But that's just eye-candy, no idea what else tannin has planned for it.

Yeah, I've heard that too (nudge nudge). ;). I wonder what it will look like?? XD

Thanks, I think I know now what it will look like.. ;)

Anyone here use ultimate follower overhaul? I tried it about a week ago and it increased the number of CTD's I was having. My game stability unfortunately dropped, despite how nice of an addon it is.

Then I noticed this the other day. Apparently there are unique installing instructions for UFO:

FAIL-SAFE INSTALL PROCEDURE FOR BEGINNERS
0) Update Skyrim to 1.8 or higher version.
1) For everything below use ORIGINAL GAME LAUNCHER
2) Start Skyrim, load game, dismiss all followers,type show playerfollowercount and if it shows 0, save game, Quit.
3) Disable all mods affecting follower limit or mechanic (ILF, Mullti followers, TCG and any other) then uninstall them.
4) Delete any loose pex files in DATA/SCRIPTS folder that are on the list i have linked(LIST OF BAD PEX FILES )
5) Start Skyrim, load game, save game, Quit
6) Install UFO, position UFO.esp at the lowest place.
7) Start Skyrim, load game, save. Win.
8)After this Install you can use whichever launcher/manager you please should you choose to.

Using the original game launcher and then saving my game afterwords makes my inventory cry. I'll have to re-craft a few very nice things, unless anyone here has had better luck installing it alternatively? I'll admit to knowing very little about modding, but this procedure seems very unusual and complex.

You can see the mod here, if interested:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14037/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D14037%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Anyone here use ultimate follower overhaul? I tried it about a week ago and it increased the number of CTD's I was having. My game stability unfortunately dropped, despite how nice of an addon it is.

Which is why I've never used it. I've seen it come up in too many incompatibility reports, and simply avoided it.

I see. Pity, I liked it for being able to tell my follower to learn new spells. I'm also not too keen on the default AI for followers. I'll have to root around for any available alternatives.

Well, hold on. There may yet be people who know exactly what the problem is with UFO, and are about to tell you the solution, so give it a sec before abandoning. There are geniuses on LL, and they lend a hand faithfully, any time someone is in need .armscrossed.gif

Wait a moment for a response, then make a final decision...is my advice. :sleepy:

A new tip I'd like to share for the benefit of those users who aren't aware of it.

When you are constantly installing new versions of the same mod { Sexlab Submit for example, bless dkatryl's heart :shy: }, leave the old one active, install the new version, and activate it (put a check mark in it's box on the left pane).

Then click the "refresh" button (top right corner of the left pane).

Take note of the numbers in the Priority column for both versions, and change the number of the new version to the number of the old version. Click the "refresh" button again. Then deselect the old version, and run BUM, BOSS, GenerateFNISforUsers, any SkyProc Patchers and Wrye Bash (as necessary).

This will avoid the "red triangle" notification of "Potential mod order conflict - No guided fix".

This works really well for critical mods (like the Unofficial Skyrim Patch for example) when they are updated.

One of those updates can result in multiple runs through changing Priority settings for up to 7 or eight mods.

If you already knew this,  ignore - if you know a better way, pipe up!

I think, in theory, you could:

- download the new version of the mod manually and save it (on the desktop)

- right click on the old version in MO > open in explorer

- extract the new version of the mod into this folder overwriting all files

- disable and then re-enable the mod in MO

- possibly re-run all your skyproc patchers etc.

I'm pretty hopeless with all things computers, but I persisted with Mod Organizer, and I'm glad I did. Nexus Mod Manager was easy to use and I really liked it but I ended up having to re-install (read copy Skyrim folder form Flash Drive) because I made a mess with mods while trying everything!

Love Mod Organizer now and I wish Nexus Mod Managers simplicity and Mod Organizers advanced features will one day merge! *fingers crossed*  :shy:

I'm pretty hopeless with all things computers, but I persisted with Mod Organizer, and I'm glad I did. Nexus Mod Manager was easy to use and I really liked it but I ended up having to re-install (read copy Skyrim folder form Flash Drive) because I made a mess with mods while trying everything!

Love Mod Organizer now and I wish Nexus Mod Managers simplicity and Mod Organizers advanced features will one day merge! *fingers crossed*  :shy:

Sorry, but that's just not gonna happen. Merging is out of the question. Honestly, MO is just as simple. The only confusion tends to come from people who haven't quite figured it out yet trying to use MO's more advanced features. Installation is a breeze, and activating is as simple as 'click'...done.

People see a red triangle, or they see something in the overwrite folder, and think they have a problem, but it's usually not true. Import the mod, click it, and if the mod had a .bsa, go click that too. Switching profiles is my favorite thing about it though. This way, I can use my Imperial, and if I feel like using CotS, I just switch to that profile, and the mods I need for it will be already sorted, and active.

MO is a dream come true

NMM is fine for a start in game modding. I will get flack for it but it takes a file and installs it, keeps a record and allows for un-installation. Basic tool for game mods.

Very basic. NMM is like a stone hammer to a cave manor cave woman. It is a versatile tool and does work to a degree. Now as the cave man or cave woman matures and develops they need more advanced tools to accomplish their needs. MO fills this. MO is one of the most advanced mod managers that is available. It is the one that also allows the access and use of other managers including NMM, Bash, FOMM and other tools. All while not changing or screwing up the original game. On top if that it allows profiles that can be made from selection of mods through custom .ini configurations. The very nature of what it can do makes it "complex" however unlike may other things in modding there are excellent resources the main one is found here. You also have an active and dedicated resource right here on this thread where people who will be doing the very same thing you will be doing have figured out many trick and can help you along the way. This is an very active thread with very experienced users of MO. You can get answers to almost any issue that arises provided you just have a bit of patience.

It is up to you if you want to use the features which include protecting your original game, or not. When you have to start over and over and over and over and over because some random script or mod or setting screwed up your game messing up your progress and mods causing you to even go so far as reinstalling the entire game.. you will start to see the value of MO.

In relation to Skyrim i have not found a mod that couldn't be installed using just MO. Some needed some simple installation instructions however not any more difficult than those given for other mods using NMM.