So I'm doing a mass mod install with MO, but I can't get GenerateFNISforUsers to run properly, do I need to manually install that to get it to work, or is there some workaround I can't figure out because sleep deprivation?

I just unzip FNIS, move the 'tools' folder inside to Skyrim\data, and zip the rest of FNIS back up, and install that as a mod in MO. There are 3 ways to install FNIS, but that's the way I do it. Then add FNIS as an executable from MO's startup menu (like SKSE, Creation Kit, etc).

So I'm doing a mass mod install with MO, but I can't get GenerateFNISforUsers to run properly, do I need to manually install that to get it to work, or is there some workaround I can't figure out because sleep deprivation?

It should run normally, you just add it in MO's launcher and launch it from there.  What sort of error are you getting?

2023, Both times I've ran it (the first by going through the information dialog, going to the file-tree tab, and right clicking the exe and selecting open; the second by adding it to MO), it's just failed to work. I've attached a screen shot of the current priority and load orders.

post-98213-0-29497500-1390754927_thumb.png

I just unzip FNIS, move the 'tools' folder inside to Skyrim\data, and zip the rest of FNIS back up, and install that as a mod in MO. There are 3 ways to install FNIS, but that's the way I do it. Then add FNIS as an executable from MO's startup menu (like SKSE, Creation Kit, etc).

By clicking to the two gears and then filling out all of the information (name, binary location, start in, unselect Close MO when run) and then going to the drop down menu and selecting it? That's the process right?

EDIT:I figured it out, FNIS needs to be lower than the animation mods it's modifying, not above them.

@Kidaen: you have your patches in the wrong order.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

Hearthfires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfires Patch.esp

And just HOW do you do that? I changed the userlist.txt and I still get.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Hearthfires.esm

Dragoborn.esm

??????.esm

??????.esm

??????.esm

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

@Kidaen: you have your patches in the wrong order.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Hearthfires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfires Patch.esp

And just HOW do you do that? I changed the userlist.txt and I still get.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Hearthfires.esm

Dragoborn.esm

??????.esm

??????.esm

??????.esm

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

Try updating the patches? BOSS should automatically move them, it's strange that they're like that.

I like fixing bugs however I don't want to add issues to the game with mods. either. However I guess with MO it don't matter that much. I can load up the mods and the patches and just click and play with various load orders until I find the combination that I like. Just with Skyrim's dam persistent save data it makes it much more likely that I will leave remnants of any changes in the file even after I test so I would have to start from a truly "clean save" point at various points in the game. (clean no mods game only) Then I can jump in to various locations and tests and be able to thoroughly test various combinations with the save import option that MO has.

Good that I belong to this community... LOL. I could always post the load orders and ask for suggestions when I start getting a little more complex load orders. Right now I am running (if I run) a plain game. I don't even have MO setup at this point. Had some issues with the OS and such. Working on getting some upgrades and cleanups then I should be able to dedicate some space (machine possibly) to just gaming fun. Then I can keep working on a single game play and add mods and archive and all sorts of things that I wanted to do. Perhaps even start to some light modding. Already got some ideas. Just dreams, thoughts and aspirations. I won't know how much or how quickly I can progress through those idea or even if they are good.

Oh good question. How to you export the load order from MO? I have loaded mods. Got FINIS to work, imported and created a variety of characters (at one time one of each race and sex). but never figured out how to export the load orders or get the papyrus records. (stuff I would need if I every wanted suggestions or tech support beyond basic installation)

Hi all, I have read pages 20 to 27. I am coming here now in hopes of finding some help. Yesterday I uninstalled skyrim and re downloaded it from Steam. I started adding back my mods with MO. but i am having some issues with some of the mods on this website to load with FNIS.  Let me tell you how I installed FNIS in the first place. I downloaded the latest version from the nexus along with the creature pack. I double clicked on it and it installs in MO. Then I install the creatures FNIS installing it with MO again.  I added FNIS to the executable to run within MO Here is my file path:D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe 

When I run it, I get this:

FNIS Behavior V4.1.1   1/27/2014 4:59:41 PM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - d:\games\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim (Steam)
Generator: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users
Skeleton female: XPMS (242 bones)   male: XPMS (242 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Reading FNIS ...
Reading FNISBase ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion ...
Reading SexLab ...
Reading SexLabCreature ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
Converting Behavior Files (.xml to .hkx) ...

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading SexLabCreature ...
ERROR(53): Could not find file 'D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\bear\behaviors\bearbehavior.hkx'.

Now I read that if i keep on redoing FNis that error goes away. but thats NOT my only problem.. I also have plugins for sexlab installed. (random sex,sexlab defeat, sexlab submit, and many more" 

Those files I had to install manually. and all I did was download the file and added the folder into my D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods folder. 

Can someone please tell me why FNIS isn't registering them? I am a complete noob to this (coming from NMM) I am hoping I am doing everything right?  and when i do manually install the files I am seeing this in MO "(Sexlab defeat contains no esp/esm and no assest (textures,meshes, interferce....directory)

Now when i used to use NMM i had to install these manually as well but just popping them in the data folder and it works. I know MO is greatly different and I am hoping that you all can help me get FNIS plus other loverslab mods to load with MO Please?

Install FNIS and FNIS Creature pack directly into Skyrim Data folder, not the Mod Organizer folder.

Other mods are okay to install with MO.

ONLY the FNIS framework and the FNIS Creature pack.

How do i install other mods, such as Defeat and etc with MO? i thought they had to be installed manually since they aren't linked to a manager. Perhaps i right click on the green download button and I will get a option?

Install FNIS and FNIS Creature pack directly into Skyrim Data folder, not the Mod Organizer folder.

How do i install other mods, such as Defeat and etc with MO? i thought they had to be installed manually since they aren't linked to a manager. Perhaps i right click on the green download button and I will get a option?

Yes, you can install other mods with MO as I stated in the 2nd line.

ONLY the FNIS framework and the FNIS Creature pack should be installed in Skyrim Data Folder.

ONLY the FNIS framework and the FNIS Creature pack should be installed in Skyrim Data Folder.

Thank you for trying to help.

i went back and loaded FNIS and the creature pack only into my skyrim data folder and that fixed that issue I was having. and I apologize if i do not understand the second part of installing other mods with Mods organizers. I know on Nexus mods website all I have to do is click on the green button and the mod starts to download within MO. but on here. I do not see a option like that. (so I assumed i have to install them manually by unzipping them and just adding them in the mods folder INSIDE of Mod  ogranizer. But sadly when I do it that way it says the esp/esm are missing and its grey on the left side of my MO.  

I feel like such a noob >< Thank you for trying to help again.

Edit: If anyone else can chirp in on this I would love it, ive spent about three hours trying to get FNiS trying to actually Recognize mods from Loverslab, i'm not even sure if i'm in the right thread for support anymore. Should i go ahead and just install the mods from this website in my skyim data folder as well? I'm afraid if  i do that, when I load my game using Mod Organizer that  they won't be added to my load order cause they aren't actually inside mod organizer.

Download the mods you want (and on the Nexus it's best to download manually). Open MO and in the top/left corner there's a button to "Install a new mod from an archive". Click that and choose the compressed mod archive. It should just install it at that point (most of the time) just like NMM installs from a file. You can also use MO to download and install mods from Nexus just like NMM does.

BUT sometimes mods aren't arranged properly in their file trees for MO recognize them and you'll get a warning that there's no data at the top level. In the first few pages of this thread there are videos posted that will help you a lot.

Guys i ran into a weird problem. Now my default (main) mod profile won't open the game. The skyrim process keeps running between background processes, and it won't pop up. Opening other profiles and dont have that problem (or just opening the game directly). I didn't touch anything since yesterday I played fine. Dunno what is causing this, anyone ideas?

Nevermind, it resulted some saved file inside SKSE stuff was corrupted. If I wasnt using Mod Organizer woudnt have figured it in years...

Got everything running very smooth with this program now, fnis, fitness blender, wrye bash, however! one tool I couldn't figure out how to get to work with MO that is Skyrim Performance Monitor. Any tips would be great:)

Skyrim Performance Monitor, on the contrary of everything else, you need to run Mod Organizer through that program, not that program through MO. So you run Skyrim Performance Monitor > MO > Skyrim.

Neither FNIS nor the Creature Pack need to be installed manually. I unzip FNIS and move the 'tools' folder to Skyrim\data, and zip the remaining files back up, and install it as a mod. Creatures is just a mod, like the FNIS spells. Just install into MO.

Mods like Defeat are already packed for MO. Just click the top left icon on your MO mod menu, and 'Import' them to MO. You'll find many mods on Nexus thatare packed for NMM, so if you see the 'no data on top level' error (in red), you might as well cancel the install, and unzip the mod into a folder, so you can rename the 'data' folder to the mod's name, and zip it back up to be installed into MO.

Technically ,only SKSE needs to be installed manually. (and the 'tools' folder in FNIS, but that doesn't "have" to be installed manually either)

Thank you for trying to help.

i went back and loaded FNIS and the creature pack only into my skyrim data folder and that fixed that issue I was having. and I apologize if i do not understand the second part of installing other mods with Mods organizers. I know on Nexus mods website all I have to do is click on the green button and the mod starts to download within MO. but on here. I do not see a option like that. (so I assumed i have to install them manually by unzipping them and just adding them in the mods folder INSIDE of Mod  ogranizer. But sadly when I do it that way it says the esp/esm are missing and its grey on the left side of my MO.  

I feel like such a noob >< Thank you for trying to help again.

Edit: If anyone else can chirp in on this I would love it, ive spent about three hours trying to get FNiS trying to actually Recognize mods from Loverslab, i'm not even sure if i'm in the right thread for support anymore. Should i go ahead and just install the mods from this website in my skyim data folder as well? I'm afraid if  i do that, when I load my game using Mod Organizer that  they won't be added to my load order cause they aren't actually inside mod organizer.

Don't unzip mods into the 'mods' folder in MO. You lose the option to choose whether or not you want to unpack bsa's.

Attention all Mod Organizer users!

Is there anyone who has successfully integrated NifSkope with MO?

For the life of me, I cannot get it to work under MO.

That is one tool I use a LOT

Okay people. Let's try to remember what Mod Organizer really is...it's a MOD ORGANIZER! It goes above and beyond the call of duty already. Pretty soon people are going to be asking me how to use Photoshop and 3DSMax and god only knows what else, all with MO. Cut it out :P. We don't need to update Windows using MO. We don't need to access Microsoft word through MO just to type an ini file entry. We don't need to run our printer through MO :D.

MO kicks ass, but come on....knock it off ^_^.

Eh... Why would you need to use Nifskope from within MO?  All the .nif are in their mod directories, just open whatever mod you want in explorer and double-click the .nif.  That's what I do when I'm messing with skeleton scales.

The only programs you have to use through MO are those that try to look inside Skyrim's data folder.  In MO's case, that folder is empty, since MO has its own virtual folder.  To enable these programs to see the virtual data folder, you run them through MO.  Not sure why Nifscope would need to run through there.  It doesn't need to see the data folder to work  correctly.

Eh... Why would you need to use Nifskope from within MO?  All the .nif are in their mod directories, just open whatever mod you want in explorer and double-click the .nif.  That's what I do when I'm messing with skeleton scales.

The only programs you have to use through MO are those that try to look inside Skyrim's data folder.  In MO's case, that folder is empty, since MO has its own virtual folder.  To enable these programs to see the virtual data folder, you run them through MO.  Not sure why Nifscope would need to run through there.  It doesn't need to see the data folder to work  correctly.

The reason???

All the textures are in the virtual folders

All the meshes are in the virtual folders

If you use the paths for MO so you can see the textures while you are working in NifSkope, you either error out, or "purple" in-game.

And AwfulArchdemon - it's a MODDING tool, not a defragger.

Imagine, people wanting to actually use modding tools, after a mod manager rearranges the files . . .

What was I thinking?