um, what?  there is no higher priority between mods installed between skyrim data directory and MO directory.  They all have the same priority, with the exception that mods installed directly into skyrim directory usually showing in the overwrite folder.

Eh... no.  The overwrite folder has files generated from within MO, either skse.logs, FNIS files when FNIS is run through MO, bodyslide files that MO can't seem to find a mod for, etc etc.  The overwrite takes priority over everything else, but it shouldn't be too loaded (if at all) or it becomes one huge mess like a normally modded data folder. The Skyrim data folder is at the top of the chain and gets overwritten by everything else that's loaded in MO.

I think ya'll misunderstand me.

I was simply saying that I have usually seen files installed directly into the skyrim folder, whether they are steam downloads or personal work done through TES5edit or the CK, have a tendency to appear in the overwrite folder.  As someone stated earlier, yes the overwrite folder takes priority over other mods installed and handled by MO.  In this case if you want to have more control over priority then it's as easy as creating empty mod directories in the Mod Organizer/mods directory and transferring the appropriate files from the overwrite to their respective mod folders.

For example, I install a mod from steam call Plant Trees.  Since I want to give it a lower priority than the overwrite folder I create an empty folder in Mod Organizer/ Mods, labeled Plant Trees, and then I drag the mod files from the overwrite folder to the Plant Trees empty mod folder in MO/Mods.  this allows me to set priority as I please.  This is especially useful for custom work, or for animation or texture/mesh related files.

Ugghh! I can't play. I can start the game and get into character creation, but if I use the bed in the cell or take clothes off it crashes to desktop. Every single time, regardless of load order.

My only thought here is that FNIS is outside of MO. I have the generator for FNIS as an executable and that works, but I don't think MO is reading it while trying to play. So I guess I have to try installing it via MO and that is proving to be a big old pain the frickin' ass. :angry: I'd have been playing 24 hours ago if I just installed everything manually....that's a fact. Even using NMM I'd have been playing already.

So can someone give me a simple step by step on how to get FNIS mods installed with MO? Anybody? Because I can't see how to rearrange the data in a manner that it likes it at all.

Ugghh! I can't play. I can start the game and get into character creation, but if I use the bed in the cell or take clothes off it crashes to desktop. Every single time, regardless of load order.

My only thought here is that FNIS is outside of MO. I have the generator for FNIS as an executable and that works, but I don't think MO is reading it while trying to play. So I guess I have to try installing it via MO and that is proving to be a big old pain the frickin' ass. :angry: I'd have been playing 24 hours ago if I just installed everything manually....that's a fact. Even using NMM I'd have been playing already.

So can someone give me a simple step by step on how to get FNIS mods installed with MO? Anybody? Because I can't see how to rearrange the data in a manner that it likes it at all.

That "taking clothes off" sounds like a skeleton issue.  If you're using BBP/TBBP, make sure you have compatible a skeleton installed.  Not sure about the bed, that's a first time I hear about it :P  If after running FNIS, there were files generated in your overwrite folder (meshes/actors and tools folders should appear), it should be working normally.

That "taking clothes off" sounds like a skeleton issue.  If you're using BBP/TBBP, make sure you have compatible a skeleton installed.  Not sure about the bed, that's a first time I hear about it :P  If after running FNIS, there were files generated in your overwrite folder (meshes/actors and tools folders should appear), it should be working normally.

Yeah, the bed in Alternate Start. I just tried a vanilla opening sequence and it worked fine....even going into Helgen keep and looting a Stormcloak for his armor. I put the armor on and all was fine. But as soon as I tried to take it off it crashed.

Must be a skeleton issue. But I'm using the newer, upgraded XPMS that was posted here recently. I think I'll remove it and try the regular ol' XPMS and see if that's better. I'm thinking it should be.

Yeah, the bed in Alternate Start. I just tried a vanilla opening sequence and it worked fine....even going into Helgen keep and looting a Stormcloak for his armor. I put the armor on and all was fine. But as soon as I tried to take it off it crashed.

Must be a skeleton issue. But I'm using the newer, upgraded XPMS that was posted here recently. I think I'll remove it and try the regular ol' XPMS and see if that's better. I'm thinking it should be.

I'm trying that skeleton now but it seems to be working normally.  Make sure another skeleton is not overwriting it and rerun FNIS just in case

Yup, Bob, it was a skeleton issue. I just used MO to reinstall the original XPMS and now I can disrobe with a CTD. But now my textures aren't showing up! ARRgghhh!!

Okay, if you're missing textures, then it's obvious you're using mod clothes/armor/etc. Mind stating what they are? I'll get you out of this jam, but I'd also like to know if you've installed anything manually. :cool:

Yup, Bob, it was a skeleton issue. I just used MO to reinstall the original XPMS and now I can disrobe with a CTD. But now my textures aren't showing up! ARRgghhh!!

Okay, if you're missing textures, then it's obvious you're using mod clothes/armor/etc. Mind stating what they are? I'll get you out of this jam, but I'd also like to know if you've installed anything manually. :cool:

I figured it out. I just had to change priority between SG textures and a reduced vanilla texture mod. The lower res texture mod put a low res version of the vanilla body textures over the SG stuff.

Good news, though. I AM actually figuring this out. Truth is, and I'll be totally honest here, it is faster and easier to install manually and/or with NMM. It really is. BUT that's not to say I don't see the advantages of using MO. There is a learning curve there, that's for sure, but it's not too awful complicated. I am really digging the idea of not blowing holes in my installed game (that's the biggest reason I'm even using MO right now) and I seriously doubt anybody enjoys digging through files for manual uninstallation. :lol: It's just that there are more steps involved in using it and many cool mods need tweaked a bit, at least the file trees do, to get them working with MO. But that's not a terrible thing I suppose and I've even extracted, restructured, re-zipped and MO-installed a few mods already, so I'm getting the hang of it I guess.

Good to hear. Welcome to my world. B) MO is easy as hell for me, and it will be for you too, soon enough. Always remember the simple rule of putting texture packs after the mods they're for, btw. :P

What I don't understand... Why does it matter? MO keeps everything separate. Click on the Textures pack when you are ready and go. Or am I missing something.

Good to hear. Welcome to my world. B) MO is easy as hell for me, and it will be for you too, soon enough. Always remember the simple rule of putting texture packs after the mods they're for, btw. :P

What I don't understand... Why does it matter? MO keeps everything separate. Click on the Textures pack when you are ready and go. Or am I missing something.

He means that if you have, say, an armor mod, and a retexture for that armor, the retexture will obviously need to go after the armor mod, or you'll see no changes :P  At least that's what I think he means.

Ah.. After the installation. The arrangement of the mods. That makes sense in this context. I thought he was stating that you had to install them in different orders. That didn't make sense. Yea MO overrides the files before them.. like most mod managers do however those mods are still active and safe in the mod manager just not used. I imagine there is even a way to remove those selected files if never used to help keep the mod manager clean and neat (and small). One example is the massive skelly choices in Skyrim.. hell any game. you only need to most common one available and sooner or later you will forget that that mod has that skelly and not place them in the correct order and .. problems will arise. 

Ok i know im dumb like hell, but why cant direct download from nexus to mod organize? i have to manual download every time, save that on a folder and after that i can install, already saved my account and pass at MO.

Just asked because my version story goes bit weird and almost all mods say theres a new version ( same for the ones download 30s ago), and that kinda irritates me (used irritates because dnt know a similar word , irritates word goes a bit too heavy for that context, but i only got that similar word at my vocabulary (not english native speaker sorry), so if goes too heavy sorry about my vocabulary lacking). 

post-19248-0-87210000-1390626020_thumb.jpg

I always do a manual download anyway. And since MO likes a different file structure than NMM likes it's best to just do that anyway or in some cases you'll be downloading twice anyway. At least with a manual download you can unzip the file(s), rearrange them in a manner that's MO friendly then re-zip them. I've already been doing that with some, renaming them with MO after the name, and keeping the original and new files both. Then I can do whatever I want with them at a later time.

With the version history....if the mod author uses any "abnormal" numbering system (anything besides XX.XX.XX) MO doesn't get it. In that case I right click and ignore it so it's not showing in the list anymore.

Keep in mind I'm a Mod Organizer newb so take my advice with a grain of salt! :lol: But this is what's working for me so I roll with it.

Ok i know im dumb like hell, but why cant direct download from nexus to mod organize? i have to manual download every time, save that on a folder and after that i can install, already saved my account and pass at MO.

Just asked because my version story goes bit weird and almost all mods say theres a new version ( same for the ones download 30s ago), and that kinda irritates me (used irritates because dnt know a similar word , irritates word goes a bit too heavy for that context, but i only got that similar word at my vocabulary (not english native speaker sorry), so if goes too heavy sorry about my vocabulary lacking). 

You mean you actually use an update function in MO?  I have mod tracking on nexus so if anything gets updates, I'll see it.  In MO, you can hover over the mod version number, it should display the current and the supposed new version number.  If the versioning is correct, you should normally see a larger number, which USUALLY (not always) means the mod does have an update.  Most of the time you'll see 0 there cause most modders use whatever versioning scheme seems like a good idea when had with donuts.  Then there's the time when they name multiple DIFFERENT variants of the same version with successive numbers so if you don't have the larger number, MO will think you need to update.  I generally ignore these unless I'm in the mood to check.  That or I remember a particular mod having specific issues so I check it more often just in case there really is an update.  But for most, I follow the LL route.  Since MO doesn't have LL update support, I just follow the files on LL and check for updates in the site.

Thanks gvman3670 and bob11, btw anyone know how i can active of using ece using MO? i just download ece again (before i was using racemenu , but got back to ece today), and got no clue how make active ynord, already selected the option to make the race active at ECe, looked at mod structure inside MO and that still there with all textures and meshes.

Thanks gvman3670 and bob11, btw anyone know how i can active of using ece using MO? i just download ece again (before i was using racemenu , but got back to ece today), and got no clue how make active ynord, already selected the option to make the race active at ECe, looked at mod structure inside MO and that still there with all textures and meshes.

So, what was the question? The ygnord race isn't appearing in character creation?

So, what was the question? The ygnord race isn't appearing in character creation?

yea, my bad, i thought said that, just thought and not write at question, its not showing at all. 

Edited: god i need sleep lol, just now i realize lost entire sentence at question "how i can active of using ece using MO? " its to be "how i can active ynord race of ece", sorry about.

yea, my bad, i thought said that, just thought and not write at question, its not showing at all. 

Edited: god i need sleep lol, just now i realize lost entire sentence at question "how i can active of using ece using MO? " its to be "how i can active ynord race of ece", sorry about.

You're missing the whole race? It's not installed right, if that's the case. Double-check it's file path. If the race shows up without a body, you need to get your meshes and textures in order.

I've seen MO not give me the 'no data on top level' warning, when it actually should have, though it's only happened 2 times.

I installed ECE with MO. I haven't tried using ygNord race, though. I usually don't since you also need to add some new meshes and textures so you aren't stuck with the ugly undies. :lol:

If I was going to use ygNord race I'd probably just unzip the file, add the UNPetite meshes into the ygNord foler, then rezip it and install with MO after that.

that simple dnt show at all at race selection, but its k, i was with plans to use ynord for first time (never used before, but not going die because that) its simple dnt show at race selection at all, selected to show at ece instalation selection also, rechecked structure of files inside ece at mod organize, dnt worry, its k, just curios why, ill going chech ece esp maybe something got missing.

So I'm doing a mass mod install with MO, but I can't get GenerateFNISforUsers to run properly, do I need to manually install that to get it to work, or is there some workaround I can't figure out because sleep deprivation?

It should run normally, you just add it in MO's launcher and launch it from there.  What sort of error are you getting?