i am still using 1.2.18 but somehow today after updating unofficial patch mo fucked up. no longer ackknowlage the file to be esm and would fuck up all other mods.

Any easy way to update without loosing all of my mod list ??

Go back to the previous unofficial skyrim patch.

There is something wrong about it. It is not related to MO as the issue occurs with people don't using it.

That is weird because artmoore is blaming the MO team 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19

There is something wrong with the esp since there is more too it. i will have to disable it for now since i don't have the older version anymore...

btw i don't understand why anyone want to make unoffical patch a mandatory part for there mod. Some of sexlab mods make unofficila patch a requirement and now it seem to be broken.

btw can i just override 1.2.18 with latest one ?? or will i have to recreate my mod list from scratch ??

There is something wrong with the esp since there is more too it. i will have to disable it for now since i don't have the older version anymore...

btw i don't understand why anyone want to make unoffical patch a mandatory part for there mod. Some of sexlab mods make unofficila patch a requirement and now it seem to be broken.

btw can i just override 1.2.18 with latest one ?? or will i have to recreate my mod list from scratch ??

is the problem with the newest patch 2.1.2? I have 2.1.1 and no  problems. If it is only an esp issue I can post the 2.1.1 here for you or via PM if you want.

They may have used some of the fixes or there are fixes done on the patch that they need for their mod to work.. less and more un-necessary is someone just wanted everybody to have a more stable game.. or preference. Which really shouldn't play into the requirements. ;) I have played using MO both ways with and without the patches and for the most part all Sexlab mods see to work as well as most others. Occasionally some of the very big bugs that were fixed by the patches do cause some problems though. I personally prefer to have the patches active.

Before doing anything be sure your old MO install that you have worked on so long is backed up and safe. Most of what users need is the Mod folder, Profile folder, and sometimes download folder. With this you can reconstruct your MO setup. The profiles have several files in them r/t load order and mod list. These will allow you to recover if something does go horribly wrong.

I mention the above because most references I have heard have moved forward not backward. In theory you should be able to load your new mo right over the old one. What I do with MO upgrades ( in your case downgrades) is I copy my MO folder off (create a backup I can return to .. ) then remove the old MO.. Install the new one and transfer a copy of the Mods, downloads (if needed) and Profile folders after activating MO. It is a lot of extra work but I feel confortable doing it this way. So far haven't had any problems . .. OH and I did have a major problem several versions ago. (ended up being my error) and my backup was able to be restored after deleting my Installed MO ;). If you had done this.. you would have your old setup safe and sound ready for restoration.. no need to go back versions ;).

Hope the above helps.

Guest endgameaddiction

I don't understand why anyone would remove their older files. I'm still using USKP 2.0.3. This is bad news when a update patch is bugged and people don't have access to a downgrade. But that's why I just save mods to my hard drive.

You can also just move the old unused mods out of the mod folder in MO into an folder you created say... mod archive and keep them there in case you ever need them ;). Never need to remove a mod unless it is broken and don't need to clutter up your MO folder with unwanted mods that you will likely never need again. Just store them elsewhere.

I have even went so far as dropping properly structured folders into MO's mod folder (TTW for example) instead of having to compress it or create a FMOD that is time consuming.. So far no problems. MO seems smart enough to add the meta file right to the mod the next time you open the manager.. (I do this while MO is closed in case someone is wondering) The mods added fall to the bottom in my experience ( like newly install mods ;) and I then just have to arrange the new mod like normal.. except I am not using MO's installer.

Yea MO..

I don't understand why anyone would remove their older files. I'm still using USKP 2.0.3. This is bad news when a update patch is bugged and people don't have access to a downgrade. But that's why I just save mods to my hard drive.

Question.. have you ran into any problems with the script extender updates r/t mods? (in other words are they truly backwards compatible?)

Guest endgameaddiction

You can also just move the old unused mods out of the mod folder in MO into an folder you created say... mod archive and keep them there in case you ever need them ;). Never need to remove a mod unless it is broken and don't need to clutter up your MO folder with unwanted mods that you will likely never need again. Just store them elsewhere.

I have even went so far as dropping properly structured folders into MO's mod folder (TTW for example) instead of having to compress it or create a FMOD that is time consuming.. So far no problems. MO seems smart enough to add the meta file right to the mod the next time you open the manager.. (I do this while MO is closed in case someone is wondering) The mods added fall to the bottom in my experience ( like newly install mods ;) and I then just have to arrange the new mod like normal.. except I am not using MO's installer.

Yea MO..

Question.. have you ran into any problems with the script extender updates r/t mods? (in other words are they truly backwards compatible?)

I thought about doing the same exact thing for TTW and MO. That's got to be one hell of time consuming for sure.

I haven't updated my Skyrim in a long time to tell the truth. I'm rarely on it. So all my patches are out dated so I'm not sure if they are backwards compatible. I'm kinda going to keep it the way I have it now until I get around next year to building a much much better machine where I can run Skyrim ultra good.

Arthmoor is known to have a personal vendetta against MO.

He had some valid arguments when MO was in its alpha stage but now he still prefers to blame MO even when it's not an MO issue.

And yes, you can update MO by overwritting with the latest version.

You might want to clear the webcache folder thou.

Well I guess I must be one of the few but in my Download folder is older versions of almost everything I have installed So reverting to an earlier version is not difficult for me.  Food for thought.  I am also on the 2.1.1 Unofficial patches. and have no issues.

Because mods that change certain things but don't have the unofficial patches as a master can undo the fixes made by the patches.

I don't understand why anyone would remove their older files.

Some of us have this thing called "limited hard drive space".

The patch author Arthmoor claims it only conflicts with MO as a result of unpacking Skyrim BSAs.

If you are using Mod Organizer and are here to report issues with dragon souls, sorry, but you're on your own as we do not support issues caused by incorrectly letting that program modify the BSA load order system the game has. Your post is likely to just be ignored. We don't have time to keep fending off false bug reports caused by people who insist on unpacking their BSA files using the program and thus subverting the entire system the game relies on for proper behavior.

Did you do that D_ManXX2?

So the issue isn't the mods / MO it is someone unpacking the mods.. ?

I can tell you when I first started MO and used some mods ( believe it was the unofficial texture pack) I had all sorts of texture issues. Using the BSA every since and no problem. Another note .. so far I have 2.1.2 in my install (one version back) and no problems at least on MO side. Haven't started the game. I don't have the BSA unpacked from the patches.

See, in my perfect world, all mods would be just loose files in folders. No packages. Life would be a breeze for us all, at that point. Packages are good for saving space, but that can cause our current issue, for example. It's easy as hell to get to desired files, to open and alter them, there's no longer any effort needed to find correct file paths and names, and patches/updates can be very easily added to the mod's folder, instead of it being easier to just install the patch/update after the mod it's for in the load order.

Things could get hairy for super high-rez texture mods, but this would merely serve to make us all more selective about our mods, instead of installing everything in sight. For me, if I find a game I want to install a ton of mods for, I commit, and usually uninstall some other game, to make room for tons of mods. I'd rather use the extra memory than end up with some package-related issue down the road.

I just tried Windows 10 and my machine had fits going from 7 to 10. I gave up and recovered 7. So that meant a new Skryim install, all from nothing.

This also meant new MO. And that's been a PITA. I first tried 1.2.18 (both manual and installer versions) from Nexus and I got a MSVCR100.dll is missing message as well as a message saying it couldn't load the BIPA(?) library because of a missing BOSS32.dll file (even though it clearly wasn't missing). It only did this while adding SkyUI, Unofficial patches were no problem. So I went to MO version 1.3.8 and, even though I can install SkyUI (all I've tried so far), it still says I have a missing MSVCR100.dll file.

I've installed and also repaired the MSVCR100.dll several times, restarting after each, and it still insists it's missing. Yet with 1.3.8 I can make it run after closing the warning's message window. LOL

Anyone here have a clue as to what the hell is going on? I am at my wits' end with this and 'net searches haven't turned up anything that actually works.

I haven't ever even heard of issues like you are having. Perhaps something went wrong when "recovering" windows 7..

I have always copied off my MO folder each time I upgrade MO or reinstall the windows. I always have a backup and can drop it back into skyrim. Worst case I might need to do is reorient MO in the settings so that it can see the mods, download and webcache.. ;). Sorry what you are experiencing really sucks but I want to get it across the newer members and uses of MO to backup, backup, backup the MO folder. Don't care anymore about the game folder.. lol. Hell even your saves are protected now.

It appears you don't have the proper Microsoft Visual C++ for MO.

Screenshot-42.png

http://www.faqforge.com/windows/fix-the-program-cant-start-because-msvcr100-dll-is-missing-from-your-computer-error-on-windows/

Perhaps it isn't properly activated if you do have the proper version (x64 for an x64 bit OS etc). You state you installed and repaired the file.. did you uninstalled or reinstalled the entire program or just installed the .dll? If you did install the entire Microsoft Visual C++ program.. then there might be something wrong with your install. I had stuff like that happen before when something just didn't install or update correctly..

Take the above with a grain of salt.. as it is all guesswork and likely you have already considered or even done the above.

The patch author Arthmoor claims it only conflicts with MO as a result of unpacking Skyrim BSAs.

If you are using Mod Organizer and are here to report issues with dragon souls, sorry, but you're on your own as we do not support issues caused by incorrectly letting that program modify the BSA load order system the game has. Your post is likely to just be ignored. We don't have time to keep fending off false bug reports caused by people who insist on unpacking their BSA files using the program and thus subverting the entire system the game relies on for proper behavior.

Did you do that D_ManXX2?

No i did not do that i don't even have dragon mods installed:

premium

Arthmoor1563 kudos8398 posts

Why would I add such a note when the problem is exactly the opposite?

SkyProc is incompatible with a properly formatted and generated file the CK recognizes, the game plays properly, Wrye Bash is happy with, TES5Edit is happy with, and NMM is happy with. MO is even happy with it if you update to the 1.3.x version.

The outlier here is SkyProc, which has an active report posted on their tracker and has been acknowledged. They're looking into it. Hopefully it won't be that long or that big a thing to fix. It's just a wonder it took this long before a file produced this result.

tl;dr: 2.1.2 is 100% ok. It's not the mod's fault.

He starts to blame everything else except his own.

We don't have time to keep fending off false bug reports caused by people who insist on unpacking their BSA files using the program and thus subverting the entire system the game relies on for proper behavior.

I can't even decipher this. Is he saying that having loose files overwriting the contents of a .bsa is somehow "subverting" the way the game is supposed to work? Because if he is, it means the person responsible for maintaining the single most essential Skyrim mod doesn't even understand the basic workings of a system that has been in place since Morrowind.
Guest endgameaddiction

I'm not sure since I haven't updated my USKP. I've read the comments there and people are asking for a mirror link to a previous version. Which the author should of never taken down, or better yet, upload it to a fileshare like Mega that gives you 50gigs for free and paste a mirror link on the description and/or mirror tab. It's breaking Nexus rules providing a link to a upload mod without consent expression from the author himself, unless he clearly says it's okay.

So you might want to just stick with the one you have and find out more what's the deal with the latest version.

Take the above with a grain of salt.. as it is all guesswork and likely you have already considered or even done the above.

Yup, I've tried all of that. Uninstalling then reinstalling, installing only, repairing....every combo possible. It's not actually missing Microsoft Visual C++ at all, it's actually there. That's why it's so confusing to me. And it also says Python 2.7 is missing, although it's clearly in the proper MO folder. I just don't get it.

Anyway, MO still works after the warning comes up. My only guess is going to 10 and back to 7 caused some kind of issue and I'm unsure of how to tell or how to fix something like that.

UPDATE

Since my computer's been acting a bit wonky (like Microsoft downloads coming up as corrupt or invalid) I decided to start a full scan with Windows Defender. It's not 10% completed yet and it's found one Trojan. When it's done I'll do an AntiMalwareBytes scan as well. I'll see if I can reinstall the redistributable packages and fix my issues after that. Seems plausible.

Might be a need for a real.. full.. reinstall.. :(

Sorry. Windows has a hard enough time with the simple updates it gets.

I know you are experienced with these things so I am pretty sure you have done most if not all you could. This is a strange thing that really shouldn't be happening and MO should work "out of the box" just by dropping it where you want it and starting it.. so it can't really be that. It has to be something with the windows install. Sad thing is if it is.. you and I both know other things can come and bite you on the ass later if it isn't fixed.

Well, that was it. An infection was causing my issues. Still not sure how I got it from a fresh OS install.

But I ran Windows Defender then Antimalware Bytes. Found two Trojans, removed them, then I went and repaired the redistributables from a MS link. Now MO isn't throwing up any errors and all is working well (at least it seems after adding a few mods from archives anyway).

Perhaps this can help someone in the future, though. An infection can screw up your MSVCR.100.dll file and make MO act screwy.