Wow...ok so like my horde of horny followers raided a Storm Cloak camp and had "fun" with one of the injured soldiers lol I finally tried the handover/prostitution options and let all the customers in the Winking Skeever "skeeve" all over her as well...that was sooo much fun. This mod is essential for me I swear. Lol

Oh some were asking how to keep the decapitated head and namiras goat body on when using the necro option. You have to make sure striping options for all body slots are disabled in sexlab defeat mcm and sexlab mcm and that no mods like Cumshot or Squirt are running otherwise the npc will regain their body parts...just saying. ^_^

I have been using Defeat for a long time, one of the best ever without doubt.

I am not sure if my issue started with the upgrade to 5.34 or not, it seems to me it worked properly for a while after install. Now, even on new games in MO, I will get knocked down (even have tried surrender key) the comments will fire and right before the sex scene should start my PC stands and the bad guys go aggro again. I am not seeing any other posts about this which means its a me but a fresh clean install is about the best I know to fix it and that didnt work. I have tried shutting off player resist, no affect. I tried reconfigure and clean up in the MCM, no affect. I guess I am going to move back in versions after I uninstall and clean. Ideas are very appreciated.

I am not sure if my issue started with the upgrade to 5.34 or not, it seems to me it worked properly for a while after install. Now, even on new games in MO, I will get knocked down (even have tried surrender key) the comments will fire and right before the sex scene should start my PC stands and the bad guys go aggro again. I am not seeing any other posts about this which means its a me but a fresh clean install is about the best I know to fix it and that didnt work. I have tried shutting off player resist, no affect. I tried reconfigure and clean up in the MCM, no affect. I guess I am going to move back in versions after I uninstall and clean. Ideas are very appreciated.

This is just a guess, but i had similar issues when DA was triggered, try setting DA to trigger to 0% in Defeats MCM and see what happens?

Also double check you have registered aggressive animations with the sexlab framework, i know that sounds silly as i'm sure you have, but check anyways if you recently upgraded it to 1.6.2

I was having similar issues, and made a post about it some time ago.  I'm not entirely sure what caused it and what ended up fixing it, but I did fully uninstall DA, set up 5.3.4 to only use the wound trigger (not bleedout), and used different mod for bleedout trigger.  It took some tweaking, but in the end I got everything running fine.

One thing you could check is, whether the animation tag settings you have are fine.  I had some empty tag lists that caused a crash when I tried to edit them - cleared them by setting them to default, that's one thing I did when I was setting it to work.

This is just a guess, but i had similar issues when DA was triggered, try setting DA to trigger to 0% in Defeats MCM and see what happens?

Also double check you have registered aggressive animations with the sexlab framework, i know that sounds silly as i'm sure you have, but check anyways if you recently upgraded it to 1.6.2

No DA installed so the setting is gray

I was having similar issues, and made a post about it some time ago.  I'm not entirely sure what caused it and what ended up fixing it, but I did fully uninstall DA, set up 5.3.4 to only use the wound trigger (not bleedout), and used different mod for bleedout trigger.  It took some tweaking, but in the end I got everything running fine.

One thing you could check is, whether the animation tag settings you have are fine.  I had some empty tag lists that caused a crash when I tried to edit them - cleared them by setting them to default, that's one thing I did when I was setting it to work.

No DA installed. I have Sexlab 161b, the newest Aroused redux, Eager NPCs and Defeat as my only Sexlab related. Other than this I have pretty much textures and armor.  Maybe Sexlab 162 for the newest Defeat? It says 161b or greater for Defeat.

Does anyone know why when you go from kill->necro the dead actor ends up being 'alive' in a way? I noticed this in Helgen because the guy accompanying you attacks and bugs the whole thing out, and when I went to Riverwood and trespassed ->kill -> necro the actor ends up getting a bounty put on me and still talks during sex.

No DA installed. I have Sexlab 161b, the newest Aroused redux, Eager NPCs and Defeat as my only Sexlab related. Other than this I have pretty much textures and armor.  Maybe Sexlab 162 for the newest Defeat? It says 161b or greater for Defeat.

I'm using 161b and it works fine.  It does sound like it can't find proper animation to play and so skips the scene.  Is why I suggest having a look at the tag settings and specifically checking if there's some tag settings that are invalid (for me they were empty, and crashed the game instantly when I tried to select them to add something in).  If that doesn't work, then you could try installing defeat 5.3.2, and then back to 5.3.4, that has apparently helped some people - and I did have 5.3.2 installed at some point myself too.

Does anyone know why when you go from kill->necro the dead actor ends up being 'alive' in a way? I noticed this in Helgen because the guy accompanying you attacks and bugs the whole thing out, and when I went to Riverwood and trespassed ->kill -> necro the actor ends up getting a bounty put on me and still talks during sex.

I think you can't animate dead actor, so it gets revived for the scene and then killed again afterwards.

I'm using 161b and it works fine.  It does sound like it can't find proper animation to play and so skips the scene.  Is why I suggest having a look at the tag settings and specifically checking if there's some tag settings that are invalid (for me they were empty, and crashed the game instantly when I tried to select them to add something in).  If that doesn't work, then you could try installing defeat 5.3.2, and then back to 5.3.4, that has apparently helped some people - and I did have 5.3.2 installed at some point myself too.

I think you can't animate dead actor, so it gets revived for the scene and then killed again afterwards.

Ok, good idea, I didnt catch you saying that earlier. I will try some things with the animations next time, thanks to all for ideas

Does this mean there's no way to get around it? I'm alright working around it but I'm curious if there's a clever workaround.

Does this mean there's no way to get around it? I'm alright working around it but I'm curious if there's a clever workaround.

That depends on what you are really asking.  Currently that's how the mod is done, so there's no way to use it differently.  There's some other quirks this causes, like giving the target another set of death loot, and activating some other on-death stuff.  Would it be technically possible to animate dead actor?  I doubt, but can't be 100% sure.  Would it be possible to write code so it would keep NPCs attacking the revived target?  Probably.. you could remove it from all factions for starters.  Setting it to friendly faction to PC and setting the rank high would probably keep it from putting up a bounty (e.g. instead trespassing treat like those NPCs you're friends with).  Probably all sorts of other stuff could be done for various things.  But I'm not familiar enough with this stuff to say for certain, and in any case I'm not the one who'd be coding it in either.

I wasn't being clear enough, I mainly wanted to say workarounds on the player's end, not the coding/modder end. The friendly faction to PC setting seems like a good move, but in practice is probably more of a hassle than it's worth so I'll just either live with the trespassing or avoid it.

I've been having the same issues for a while no matter what version.  Works good for a while then cuts out.  Not sure if things are being written and something gets clogged up?

Hoi,

eine tolle Mod ist das schooo, das muss ich ja mal sagen. Sehr ausgefeilt !! Was ich überaus bedauerlich finde ist, das ich des englischen nicht mächtig bin, daher ist die schoo so komplexe Mod für mich noch schwieriger zu raffen. Bin da n bissl betrübt, das es diese Version nicht auf deutsch zu geben scheint.

Wenn ich nur wüsste wie man das macht oder was man dafür braucht und so, würde ich mir die Mühe in JEDEM FALLE machen, diese zu übersetzen. Vom englischen ins umgangssprachliche Deutsch...

FAZIT :

eine HAMMA Mod, sehr ausgefeilt, sehr komplex und auch hyper realistisch. Nur wenn ich nicht weiß was ich da einstelle ist das Ergebnis oft deprimierend. Eben weils nie so eingestellt ist , wie ich es in der Handlung erwarten würde !! Endfazit, toll ABER "No Chance for Germans People" !!!!

S C H A D E ....

adj and peace...

-snip-

You can also try what someone suggested several pages ago, it seemed to work for me: make sure the first thing you do on loading a game is go straight to the defeat mcm and set the tag to what you want it to be immediately. Don't mess around with other settings first, or any other mod mcm settings.

Don't know why it worked, maybe it was just random, but considering it crashed 3 times for me, and then worked the first time I tried this method, I think it's worth trying.

Thanks for all the help everyone, unfortunately no matter how much I try doing things a  different order, it still keeps crashing. If it's relevant, I think there is also an issue with importing settings. when I tried importing reikiri's settings, it didn't change anything. So it looks like my entire defeat mcm is fucked.

-snip-

You can also try what someone suggested several pages ago, it seemed to work for me: make sure the first thing you do on loading a game is go straight to the defeat mcm and set the tag to what you want it to be immediately. Don't mess around with other settings first, or any other mod mcm settings.

Don't know why it worked, maybe it was just random, but considering it crashed 3 times for me, and then worked the first time I tried this method, I think it's worth trying.

Thanks for all the help everyone, unfortunately no matter how much I try doing things a  different order, it still keeps crashing. If it's relevant, I think there is also an issue with importing settings. when I tried importing reikiri's settings, it didn't change anything. So it looks like my entire defeat mcm is fucked.

Just off-chance, have you tried reloading the MCM menus?  Console command:

setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

It basically resets the quest that's managing the mcm menus.  Small chance that it'd make any difference, but easy enough to try.

Also maybe worth it to see if a new save has same problems - to see if it's something lingering in your savegame that causes issues, or if it's something in the installation itself.

I don't remember if you'd tried falling back to 5.3.2 version, that's one option (and if it works, possibly going back to 5.3.4 again after that, depending on if it has something you want that 5.3.2 doesn't).

-snip-

Just off-chance, have you tried reloading the MCM menus?  Console command:

setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

It basically resets the quest that's managing the mcm menus.  Small chance that it'd make any difference, but easy enough to try.

Also maybe worth it to see if a new save has same problems - to see if it's something lingering in your savegame that causes issues, or if it's something in the installation itself.

I don't remember if you'd tried falling back to 5.3.2 version, that's one option (and if it works, possibly going back to 5.3.4 again after that, depending on if it has something you want that 5.3.2 doesn't).

I'll try the mcm thing, but this happens only to defeat, and everytime. I am also only testing this on a new game. I have been starting a new game every time it crashes.

edit: tried using 5.3.2. It was still crashing. I did notice that it seems to crash more when sexlab is installed. I install defeat on a new game, and leave sexlab mcm deactivated, then I was able to get at least the tag window to open up, but I then activated sexlab in it's mcm, and then try the tag again and it crashes.

edit: If anyone knows of any files that aren't in the archive, could they list them? I know of the json file that gets created, but not sure if there are any other files from previous installs that might be messing me up.

so is there any way to store sacks ? , noticed that if u have sack on u u cant put people in sack anymore :D it would be nice if u can store people in sacks or something like able to have more sacks that u can unequip and have someone else in another sack or 1 sack per follower ? if u dont wanna break the immersion :D i mean cmon :D add that feature

I'll try the mcm thing, but this happens only to defeat, and everytime. I am also only testing this on a new game. I have been starting a new game every time it crashes.

edit: tried using 5.3.2. It was still crashing. I did notice that it seems to crash more when sexlab is installed. I install defeat on a new game, and leave sexlab mcm deactivated, then I was able to get at least the tag window to open up, but I then activated sexlab in it's mcm, and then try the tag again and it crashes.

edit: If anyone knows of any files that aren't in the archive, could they list them? I know of the json file that gets created, but not sure if there are any other files from previous installs that might be messing me up.

If it's doing that even on new game, then I'm getting kind of stumped.  The only thing that comes to mind is, something about the default tags being not found, or some other strangeness like that.  Do you have both the ZaZ and the FunnyBizness animation packs installed?  I don't think they should be required, but just in case.  Think they were listed in recommended mods on the description page.  Also, did you try the thing about bringing mouse pointer over the crashing tag setting, and then instead of selecting it, pressing the 'default' key?  (it's B on my keyconfigs, but imagine it could be some other key on yours - but should show it on the.. bottom left of the screen I think, when you hover over the selection).

If it's doing that even on new game, then I'm getting kind of stumped.  The only thing that comes to mind is, something about the default tags being not found, or some other strangeness like that.  Do you have both the ZaZ and the FunnyBizness animation packs installed?  I don't think they should be required, but just in case.  Think they were listed in recommended mods on the description page.  Also, did you try the thing about bringing mouse pointer over the crashing tag setting, and then instead of selecting it, pressing the 'default' key?  (it's B on my keyconfigs, but imagine it could be some other key on yours - but should show it on the.. bottom left of the screen I think, when you hover over the selection).

I tried the dafault settings thing,I even set my key to B to just be safe. I have zaz and funnyb, although I haven't updated it in a while if that could effect it.

I tried the dafault settings thing,I even set my key to B to just be safe. I have zaz and funnyb, although I haven't updated it in a while if that could effect it.

No idea... lessee.. I'm running... zaz 610 with 611 patch, and.. patched funnybiz 7.6.  My jcontainers is 3.2.5.  Papyrus util is 3.2.  Sexlab 161b, death alternative is uninstalled, and I'm using SM Essential Player mod.  Think I've mentioned those already though.  Creature Framework 1.0.1, More Nasty Critters 9.3

I'm also running 244 .esp and .esm files, several of them merged esps from several mods, I think the total count unmerged would be closer to 300 esps/esms.

Using both TES5 merged patch and bashed patch, although I don't imagine those have anything to do with this.

FNIS behavior 6.2, FNIS creature pack 6.1, FNIS spells 5.0.1, FNIS PCEA2 1.3.  It seems FNIS 6.3 is out, so I suppose I should update to that at some point.

Anyway much of that stuff, I can't imagine how it would relate to tag settings.  For testing with new save though, would be safer to try it once you're out of helgen, probably.  Helgen, including keep, seems to mess some things up sometimes.  Using alternate start, with 'camping in woods' is one fast way to get past that point when testing (with mod organizer it's easy to pop it in when just running a new game to test things).

Also safer when doing most tests, to first use console sommand

coc qasmoke

to get into relatively empty and stable cell.  I was having issues with game crashing on save, and moving to that test area helped with it.  Although again.. it's tag settings.  So, really I don't get it.  Especially if it happens in both 6.4 and 6.2.

Though... if your settings import failed.. that's really peculiar.  You're certain it was in right location?  You moved your own settings file away from overwrite directory of mod organizer? (or, replaced it there with the downloaded settings file I guess?)  What about if you export your own settings and then change something, and import the old ones back - does it restore the old settings?  If that works, check your importet settings file where it's saved to see you're certain it's the location you think of - it should be readable with text editor, like notepad++.