New Update For Skyrim Special Edition Alert (Game Stops Working With SKSE)

Hi,

Took a look.

Spoiler
Update Version 1.6.629
  • PC (Steam): 196.5MB

NEW FEATURES
  • Added "Installed Content" menu item.

FIXES
  • Fixed mods access for Japanese and Chinese regions.
  • Fixed some Creations showing as 'Owned' but not installed.

So waiting for many many updates.
First SKSE, and so on. Fortunately i have Skyrim LE, too :)

I got warnings in Vortex about SKSE about the game being updated. Reverted by...

Downloading the steam manifest (6th January Manifest ), steps...

1) Open steam console

2) Paste code (without quotes) in steam console "download_depot 489832 489833 4570833277049890269"

3) Manually copy from "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\content\app_489830\depot_489833"

The above just downloads the "skyrimSe.exe". Currently using the 1.66 launcher and esp/esm without issue.

memo to self: stop using recycle bin as a temporary storage area (deleted skyrim exe backup doh!)

SE has since now some different problems in technical aspects, which LE doesn´t show and never HAD...periodly they want to solve that-this is what I read out of this disaster.

Means that this is not the end of the string of updating that version. I´ll personally stick to the last version, which had been released before this update. Too much nonsense for a game like this, which only is a repetition of content. If bethesda would also update their CK for SE and if they would offer a serious setting for that, if they would offer a gamebryo exporter and importer to be able to handle modding seriously and finally come to a definitive end of that chaotic nonsence, I´d maybe take skyrim se little more respectful. At the moment it is a chaotic vehicle for creating some nice pics from the own character modding. A game for some character-modding. 64bit stability for a high price of ongoing update-war. This also will happen for all other ongoing games, also for the new title as well. I´ll not wait for some overplay of my game and wait for a next skse-version and other needs. I´m sorry.

You can close your eyes and ignore all this as a mod-user and install what is available, but the background for creators is looking specially for skyrim se indeed a little different.

9 minutes ago, RandomModificatiomer21 said:

image.png.a22f91b47d586063c389bd2f5342a4f8.png

Pain ?

There might be a hotfix reading over on another site about mods not showing up...sounds like the best option might be to rollback, there is a post a few lines up about how to.  I'm going to do that route for now, as I'm sure it might be a week or so before everything is updated.

17 hours ago, SonsOLiberty said:

There might be a hotfix reading over on another site about mods not showing up...sounds like the best option might be to rollback, there is a post a few lines up about how to.  I'm going to do that route for now, as I'm sure it might be a week or so before everything is updated.

I can't even download a mod correctly, now I have to figure out how to do this?? I might as well just give up and play vanilla or reinstall LE because both are so much easier

nvm I'm just being a whiny bitch, that was way easier than I thought it would be

Edited by RandomModificatiomer21
cause I wanted to sound less like a loser
On 9/15/2022 at 9:30 AM, pinkfluf said:

I got warnings in Vortex about SKSE about the game being updated. Reverted by...

Downloading the steam manifest (6th January Manifest ), steps...

1) Open steam console

2) Paste code (without quotes) in steam console "download_depot 489832 489833 4570833277049890269"

3) Manually copy from "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\content\app_489830\depot_489833"

The above just downloads the "skyrimSe.exe". Currently using the 1.66 launcher and esp/esm without issue.

memo to self: stop using recycle bin as a temporary storage area (deleted skyrim exe backup doh!)

Not working for me at the moment. ?

35 minutes ago, Redd99 said:

Not working for me at the moment. ?

It's working fine here and has been same with the countless other posts on Nexus, are you sure you didn't update any mods to work with the newer version of the game?

Also people can go here and see most of the things have been updated 

JContainers and a few others need updates.