Which Skyrim version is best

11 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

(and possibly all the other city LODs where i guess the z-fighting used to be most noticeable? that may explain why i haven't seen it in years)

I don't know. I don't use open cities and don't see Z-Fighting in SE either...except on one specific tiny mesh right outside of markarth. Most of the z-fighting is just from bad .ini settings iirc. 

11 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

Nope. SE. So in your face ?

Ahh, well played. You got me.

Soon, everyone will know that i am Bethesda's puppet, a paid shill.

Now excuse me, I must go pack my things. It was nice while it lasted, but all good shillings must come to end..

Goodbye everyone, and don't judge me too harshly.

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

I am not aware of any issues. What issues do you mean?

What "nonsense delays"?
I do not know about any issues with RaceMenu, except a memory leak in one of the earlier versions (but fix exists).

That ´s wrong-I use the latest version with all the latest and suiting components. In an older version, I had the same problem. Always.

I never experienced any kind of "delays" related to RaceMenu, what are you talking about?
(and i play on what could be called a rotten potato computer, by current standards)

s.o.

Never noticed anything like that in my game, but again, i am not even sure what you mean by "going into curves", so who knows.

I notice that even without equipping SMP-cloth.

Ok, that is normal, and it poses no problem.

Not normal, compared with SLE.

I don't know about any of that, i don't use DOF, and i have no LOD issues whether i use DynDoLOD or not.

Nope. All the "issues" you mentioned are nonsense, or not issues at all, and those that are causing you a problem are all YOUR issues YOU have with YOUR badly configured and badly installed game.

My game is correctly installed and I use only a very small setup. And I am not anymore new to SKYRIM.

Can you try to write this in your native language? or use a Google Translator or something? because this sentence doesn't make any sense.

That has been discussed little more to the bottom following inside of the next lines ...without LE (and it ´s tools) you could not mod into SSE.

Your english is btw. really more better, compared with mine. I am impressed.

Are yo utrying to tell me, that without LE, i cannot mod SE? That i cannot create new meshes? new plugins? new animations? new scripts? or whatever else?
That is a load of absolutely ridiculous nonsense ?
I don't need anything from LE to make anything i want for SE, be it meshes, animations, textures, scripts, sounds, voices, music, what have you.
Are you drunk right now?

I would overthink this little more in depth.

Holy crap, how to even aproach this load of nonsense...

No, i am done with you. You are just spouting nonsense. I don't know why, i don't understand, i think you must be just trolling, nothing else explains the absolute ridiculous nonsense you wrote.

As we need to live with your comments inside of this thread, you have also to live with mine. That ´s the way it is-but I have not been hash with you, like you to me!  ..." Nonsence" is not the correct word-I made some different "experience" with SSE, which are specially painfull as I thought that game is offering more headroom, specially in technical aspects - I only wrote down, which aspects inside of SSE are more bad, compared with SLE...(under more easy installation-conditions, related to SSE) - so if you exchange the "nonsence" you wrote against me, with "experience" it all looks more nicer. Other people have other experiences and it is important not to become abusive and struggle around with repetitions.

I also play SSE, don ´t worry:-))

11 minutes ago, t.ara said:

Other people have other experiences and it is important not to become abusive and struggle around with repetitions.

Your experiences are irelevant when discusing facts.
The fact is, that what you wrote is a load of nonsense, that is not "abusive", that is me stating a fact.

You claim there are problems, but you do not even describe most of them.

And those that you did describe, are proven to be a nonsense.
Like the z-fighting, which used to be the same in LE as in SE, so why would you even bring that up is just mindboggling on its own, but even more so, because that problem has been significantly reduced in SE! while in LE it remains as it always was).

So, if you want to HELP people to decide which version they should choose, and you start talking about issues, you need to describe those issues, so the people who know better can correct your nonsense.

Not doing so, and just spreading generic nonsense like "SE has issues with SMP" (spoiler for others: it has no more issues than LE, in fact, the HDT in SE performs much better), is dishonest at the very least.

11 hours ago, Roggvir said:

Your experiences are irelevant when discusing facts.
The fact is, that what you wrote is a load of nonsense, that is not "abusive", that is me stating a fact.

You claim there are problems, but you do not even describe most of them.

And those that you did describe, are proven to be a nonsense.
Like the z-fighting, which used to be the same in LE as in SE, so why would you even bring that up is just mindboggling on its own, but even more so, because that problem has been significantly reduced in SE! while in LE it remains as it always was).

So, if you want to HELP people to decide which version they should choose, and you start talking about issues, you need to describe those issues, so the people who know better can correct your nonsense.

Not doing so, and just spreading generic nonsense like "SE has issues with SMP" (spoiler for others: it has no more issues than LE, in fact, the HDT in SE performs much better), is dishonest at the very least.

The SSE engine has not only problems with HDT SMP, it also has problems with it´s animation-behavior-graph.

Edited by t.ara
11 hours ago, t.ara said:

The SSE engine has not only problems with HDT SMP, it also has problems with it´s animation-behavior-graph.

Yet you still fail to DESCRIBE those problems.
Could that be... hmm... let me think... *thinking very very hard* ..ahh, yeah, could that be, because you made it up? or mybe you just KNOW that those problems are caused by you not setting things up correctly and you think it would be embarassing to admit it?

Seriously. Stop fucking around, and name and describe the problems!
I am genuinely curious to see what you think those problems are.

Edited by Roggvir

Well, after 2 days of reading searching and moding I achieved to make SE run as the 2 sides i like to play,

No. 1. See the life of a hero, that rises from nothing working on taberns and lumbersmiths, accepting smithing jobs courting snd dating ladies via sex and charms aiming to build a family and rescue the followers that get into more than they can chew, trying to save them from get pregnant on a bandit lair because all those ovens are mine and only mine.

No. 2. See the life of a ladie that arrives Skyrim randomly picking a fate from the beggining, creatures bandits and every male can get odd and end her up enslaved or maybe not if she is cautious, creatures can claim her making her a breeding sack or end up as a slave that try to lead her masters for every place she needs to go, looking for freedom.

from those 2 scenarios only one is achievable with some changes, the number 1, and there are several mods that belong to LE but arent updated on the moment of porting to SE as jobs of skyrim, Professions isnt availble too, MagnocumGaudio, Daymoyl captured isnt availble, but is bearable to create the fantasy, wont gonna lie, is quite a good change of graphics, stability nah, skyrim always will be skyrim with crashes here and there,, so im gonna keep the profile to play as my scenario no. 1, but for the no. 2 no beeing female with creatures for spawn as offsprings, no magnocumgaudio to try to avoid ale drinking on invitations from npcs, no enslavement of falmers and vampires infecting against her will from daymoyl captured, only SD plus, Babo and baka family mods, but is playable, physics are there, jiggles there, sex there only no creatures dangers and enslavement, is a pain on the ass to have to get an account from Mega but well, is cool, the capability of have 364 plugins is a pro, against the 254 esps, now i have 2 skyrims and 4 playtroughs hahahaha

I recommend to go SSE without taste LE, so you wont feel the lack of this and that and get what you can.

Edited by magnusx
more findings on the differences
  • 1 month later...

Skyrim LE better cause it's Legendary, SE is worse because it's just Special, tho both are good in the gameplay therms probably (The setting up mods, testing if they work, telling yourself you will play the game finally, yeah, yeah, my load order is finally complete AND THEN! You just go and add more mods to your load order, spend hours tweaking stuff and you again tell yourself it is completed. This kind of gameplay)

Tho jokes aside LE better for me cause I can have fuckton of SLAL animations, my FNIS will say I have 160% chance to CTD but my game be like "it just works" and won't CTD cause 1/5 of my load order is some plugins to optimize the engine and I have way more other stuff like the enboost thingy or edited inis.

Spoiler

I think I should start writing more on LL forums instead of lurking, I'm here since 2014 lmao.

I prefer the Legendary edition, even if it can be less stable. One thing that I envy in SE are the great-looking armour mods that are not available for LE, but there are some vital mods in LE that I'd miss (e.g. I'm playing a female character, and I can use SAM to give male NPC's a greater body variety, while with SOS they all have the same muscular body).

I play on SE now even though I used to go to bat against it. But times have changed and there are just to many great gameplay mods that I can't use on LE that brought life back to the game for me. That being said, I absolutely miss the superior graphics, performance ,and stability that LE offered me. SE is just awful with FPS drops in forested areas on my end unless I turn off ENB which makes the game ugly as sin. If I even try to up ugrids on SE I get console experience fps. On LE I could go with ugrids=7, ENB, and the superior SGSSAA antialiasing unavailable for SE and never dip below 60 unless I was looking over falkreath. Getting used to the blur was also annoying.

Ah man, I am getting sentimental now. maybe I should try an LE build again.

The best version would be one where, 600h into a save, with every other major and minor questline, including both DLCs done, Civil War's Battle for Windhelm/Solitude actually worked.

Edited by belegost