Which Skyrim version is best

17 minutes ago, Fiend71 said:

The version that accepts all mods, and never crashes, and doesn't do stupid things.  It hasn't been released yet, and never will be. 

Skyrim "it fucking works" edition.

Would skyrim really be skyrim without getting yeeted when a dragon flies through the ground and hits your horse into the air? That version would suck balls. 10/10 would refuse to upgrade.

45 minutes ago, yorpers said:

Would skyrim really be skyrim without getting yeeted when a dragon flies through the ground and hits your horse into the air? That version would suck balls. 10/10 would refuse to upgrade.

I have to admit that giants sending you into orbit is pretty slick.  That, and falling to your death after Meredia raises you up into the stratosphere.  Oh wait, that was a glitch - likely caused by a outdated mod...

Never mind.  ?

Dragons clipping through the ground hasn't happened to me.  The 180o turns though.  That's very awesome.  Dicks.

7 minutes ago, yorpers said:

Only happened to me one time on my way parkouring a horse up to northwind summit. Dragon came through the mountain and knocked me and my horse into the sunset. 

HAHAHA!  Serves you right for not spending three hours walking around that mountain.

That's another thing.  I've never before seen such mountainous, rocky, craggy, terrain.  The Himalayas are jealous.  That, and every single quest location must be in some far off, remote locale, that only the very best climber can get to it - let alone the dumb bandits that are actually there...lol

Whatevs though.  I've certainly done "shortcuts" before.

9 minutes ago, Fiend71 said:

Whatevs though.  I've certainly done "shortcuts" before.

honestly I don't think there is a mountain that you can't just find an alternative path up.? I know in the vanilla game there was a trick that if grass grew somewhere you could walk there. That made it easy to find cheat code paths up mountains.?

I use LE for the same reason I still use CBBE-based bodies: I've gotten it all set up and stable, set up a bunch of custom stuff to work with it, and can't be bothered to try and go through it all again to convert over. I also didn't like when playing FO4 how every update repeatedly broke everything, and didn't want to go through that with SE/AE (I don't know if it's still an issue or not, I just avoid it entirely). Finally I still don't see the point for releasing AE and splitting the community again other than for Bethesda to re-re-release Skyrim again and break everything again. 

If you're totally new I would say go with SE, maybe AE if Bethesda isn't breaking things with updates for it and enough has been ported to it. If you're not new I don't see a point to changing, go with what works for you.

While I'm in a slightly rant-y mood, I'll also say that I get annoyed by how the LE/SE/AE split results in so many mods being made for any one version. I have mods for LE that the mod authors refuse to port to SE/AE, there are SE mods that authors won't (admittedly sometimes can't) backport, and I've heard of the same issue for SE and AE. Can't wait for the "Skyrim: Bethesda Needs More Money Edition" so we get to do it all again.

I say the same as TBDM, there is a new update today on Skyrim AE, so, who knows what it will break, I have been playing skyrim since 2011 and have been stiking to LE, even for small mods changes can break skyrim on LE if you update, so is the mos stable and variate version, there are interesting mods for AE/SE but to be honest, they dont settle down yet, my recomendation is go LE if you want all the kinky stuff well implemented and tested, no kinky stuff and just fights and content go AE/SE 

10 hours ago, magnusx said:

I say the same as TBDM, there is a new update today on Skyrim AE, so, who knows what it will break, I have been playing skyrim since 2011 and have been stiking to LE, even for small mods changes can break skyrim on LE if you update, so is the mos stable and variate version, there are interesting mods for AE/SE but to be honest, they dont settle down yet, my recomendation is go LE if you want all the kinky stuff well implemented and tested, no kinky stuff and just fights and content go AE/SE 

And i would say the exact opposite.
In my opinion, SE is the best platform for both kinky stuff and everything else.

The engine capabilities are better in SE, and newer and better mods are available for SE.

As far as i know, the only thing SE is missing are the HDT chains when it comes to kinky stuff - if you absolutely cannot live without shackless that are connected by chains with a nearly acceptable physics, then LE is currently the only way.
Apart from that, all the other physics stuff is the same or even better on SE.

And yes, i am heavily biased towards SE, because i am a happy user of SE ?
Everything I need works better in SE than it ever worked in LE, and few things that I need aren't even available in LE.
In SE, I lack nothing (well.. ok, those HDT chains were nice, but all the other better stuff outweights it thousandfold).
And the same applies to AE in my case - everything i need works just fine in AE.

The only reason i am still on 1.5.97 (that is what ppl call SE, while they usually call 1.6+ the AE), is that i don't like that free CC crap that comes with AE, so until i have a proven and safe way how to cut it out from the game (without risking ANY issues, because who the hell knows where and how deep did that crap sunk its tentacles and vampiric teeth), i am just taking the lazy way out - sticking with 1.5.97.

As for any possible updates breaking SKSE and mods...

That is a huge non-issue. This issue only exists for people who WANT it to exist.
How hard is it to make a backup of the game files? When Steam updates your game (and i cannot fathom why ppl allow Steam to do that in first place, if they don't want it to happen. Ppl are weird), you simply overwrite it with the files from your backup and go about your bussiness as usual.

We can argue all day about which version has better mods, but this imaginary "update issue" is NO REASON for not to going the SE route.

Edited by Roggvir
1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

And i would say the exact opposite.
In my opinion, SE is the best platform for both kinky stuff and everything else.

The engine capabilities are better in SE, and newer and better mods are available for SE.

As far as i know, the only thing SE is missing are the HDT chains when it comes to kinky stuff - if you absolutely cannot live without shackless that are connected by chains with a nearly acceptable physics, then LE is currently the only way.
Apart from that, all the other physics stuff is the same or even better on SE.

And yes, i am heavily biased towards SE, because i am a happy user of SE ?
Everything I need works better in SE than it ever worked in LE, and few things that I need aren't even available in LE.
In SE, I lack nothing (well.. ok, those HDT chains were nice, but all the other better stuff outweights it thousandfold).
And the same applies to AE in my case - everything i need works just fine in AE.

The only reason i am still on 1.5.97 (that is what ppl call SE, while they usually call 1.6+ the AE), is that i don't like that free CC crap that comes with AE, so until i have a proven and safe way how to cut it out from the game (without risking ANY issues, because who the hell knows where and how deep did that crap sunk its tentacles and vampiric teeth), i am just taking the lazy way out - sticking with 1.5.97.

As for any possible updates breaking SKSE and mods...

That is a huge non-issue. This issue only exists for people who WANT it to exist.
How hard is it to make a backup of the game files? When Steam updates your game (and i cannot fathom why ppl allow Steam to do that in first place, if they don't want it to happen. Ppl are weird), you simply overwrite it with the files from your backup and go about your bussiness as usual.

We can argue all day about which version has better mods, but this imaginary "update issue" is NO REASON for not to going the SE route.

IF it would be like that, it would be fine...anyway is this from my experiences not correct. There are some issures with SMP only on the SSE site, race-menu issures with those nonsence-delays while still on 64bit, problems with cam-shuttering while I go into curves with the character while using tiny small SMP-cloth, while race-menu is open you have no available SMP-physics-means your edits are FROZEN as long you have the edit-body-window of race-menu opened, ...I can go on with some other aspects about distant-graphics/LOD issures, which mostly are faked OFF by using DOF for best or more simple-the use of more fog and clouds in distance to forget about what is showing the game in it´s distance-areas. Means exactly that it is not ONLY a missing HDT-PE-physics which let us all come to a conclusion to go to use SSE. Furthermore is that version of SKYRIM and also all the other versions no game to mod into it, when it comes to new creations. The reason are the missing tools-more simple: without SLE you can not bring one single new mesh or piece of clothing into SSE. You can with SSE edit existing assets, which are available in SKYRIM, create new quests and create new old all seen before places/dungeons. That ´s it. SSE is too little, a texture-polished game, to name it an own game for modding. It´s an graphical update with lot of bugs and smaller issures, which in SLE I never have seen. For best it would have stayed become available only for console so to not create too much confusion for it´s real place.

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

There are some issures with SMP only on the SSE

I am not aware of any issues. What issues do you mean?

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

race-menu issures with those nonsence-delays while still on 64bit

What "nonsense delays"?
I do not know about any issues with RaceMenu, except a memory leak in one of the earlier versions (but fix exists).

I never experienced any kind of "delays" related to RaceMenu, what are you talking about?
(and i play on what could be called a rotten potato computer, by current standards)

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

cam-shuttering while I go into curves with the character while using tiny small SMP-cloth

Never noticed anything like that in my game, but again, i am not even sure what you mean by "going into curves", so who knows.

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

while race-menu is open you have no available SMP-physics-means your edits are FROZEN as long you have the edit-body-window of race-menu opened

Ok, that is normal, and it poses no problem.

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

...I can go on with some other aspects about distant-graphics/LOD issures, which mostly are faked OFF by using DOF for best or more simple-the use of more fog and clouds in distance to forget about what is showing the game in it´s distance-areas.

I don't know about any of that, i don't use DOF, and i have no LOD issues whether i use DynDoLOD or not.

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

Means exactly that it is not ONLY a missing HDT-PE-physics which let us all come to a conclusion to go to use SSE

Nope. All the "issues" you mentioned are nonsense, or not issues at all, and those that are causing you a problem are all YOUR issues YOU have with YOUR badly configured and badly installed game.

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

Furthermore is that version of SKYRIM and also all the other versions no game to mod into it, when it comes to new creations

Can you try to write this in your native language? or use a Google Translator or something? because this sentence doesn't make any sense.

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

The reason are the missing tools-more simple: without SLE you can not bring one single new mesh or piece of clothing into SSE

Are yo utrying to tell me, that without LE, i cannot mod SE? That i cannot create new meshes? new plugins? new animations? new scripts? or whatever else?
That is a load of absolutely ridiculous nonsense ?
I don't need anything from LE to make anything i want for SE, be it meshes, animations, textures, scripts, sounds, voices, music, what have you.
Are you drunk right now?

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

You can with SSE edit existing assets, which are available in SKYRIM, create new quests and create new old all seen before places/dungeons. That ´s it. SSE is too little, a texture-polished game, to name it an own game for modding. It´s an graphical update with lot of bugs and smaller issures, which in SLE I never have seen. For best it would have stayed become available only for console so to not create too much confusion for it´s real place.

Holy crap, how to even aproach this load of nonsense...

No, i am done with you. You are just spouting nonsense. I don't know why, i don't understand, i think you must be just trolling, nothing else explains the absolute ridiculous nonsense you wrote.

14 minutes ago, yorpers said:

Honestly this was the strangest thing. It's just z-fighting. ?

Aaaaaaaah, ok. So, the z-fighting which is the same in LE as it is in SE.

Though, i just realized, i haven't seen any z-fighting in SE for a loooong time - i remember the Dragonsreach, when viewed from the outside of the Whiterun walls, used to be the "best" way to experience it, but i don't recall the last time i saw it anywhere.

I doubt Bethesda fixed it in engine, but who knows, even a blind monkey can write some Shakespare given enough time, or maybe it has been fixed on the LOD mesh (maybe by spacing the planes where it occurs further apart from each other).

Anyway, LE was never better when it came to this particular problem.

EDIT: i realized, i am using Open Cities - it became a standard, always in, part of my setup long time ago, so maybe OC is what fixes the Dragonsreach LOD? (and possibly all the other city LODs where i guess the z-fighting used to be most noticeable? that may explain why i haven't seen it in years)

Edited by Roggvir