Starfield and Creation Engine 2

1 hour ago, fishburger67 said:

I'd say GTA's success pretty much trashes that argument.

Yeah, thats funny. If question is "fantasy" vs "sci-fi", then the answer is "none of the above".

And as far as I know, Minecraft is stupidly popular. And it doesn't have Ultra HD graphics with super A.I. enhanced motion capture facial expressions. There are also things like Fortnite, Call of Duty or sports games and ...

Somehow I have a fealing, that players go for "is it fun", and don't care much about anything else.

So modding has a lot to do with "fun". If game is not fun, no mods, as noone bothers to touch it.

By looking at the video, the color grading of this game can't be fixed with Reshade. 

Everything is low contrast and washed purple. Also notice that part in the video where the character jumps over a cliff, look at the ground. You can't tell at first if the ground is brown or grey. 

There are no blacks, and the colors are opaque. Depending on the scene, it is washed grey or yellow, instead of purple, so this is dependable on imagespaces, something Reshade can't fix. 

This don't have anything to do with fantasy vs sci-fi. Fallout 3, even unmodded still have better color grading and better shadows than Fallout 4. It is a industry problem. 

Dumped. Good luck making cabbage farms for it. 

Edited by Wolfstorm321

I'll take FO4 with mods or without over RDR2 any day. I played RDR2 when I had gamepass and it was over an hour of minimal interaction wannabe Old West movie director bullshit. Then you come to this scene where you have to shoot like twenty cowboys and if you don't do it exactly as the genius Creative Director envisioned you fail and you get to start over again.

That is not a game, it's torture.

I'd rather attack say the Water Treatmeant Plant in FO4 in twenty different ways without whatever weapons I want, whenever I want, with whoever I want, then go through some sententious prig's idea of Cowboy Auteur "art" ever again.

Can't wait for Starfield.

On 7/29/2022 at 6:41 AM, raven1979 said:

I'll take FO4 with mods or without over RDR2 any day. I played RDR2 when I had gamepass and it was over an hour of minimal interaction wannabe Old West movie director bullshit. Then you come to this scene where you have to shoot like twenty cowboys and if you don't do it exactly as the genius Creative Director envisioned you fail and you get to start over again.

That is not a game, it's torture.

I'd rather attack say the Water Treatmeant Plant in FO4 in twenty different ways without whatever weapons I want, whenever I want, with whoever I want, then go through some sententious prig's idea of Cowboy Auteur "art" ever again.

Can't wait for Starfield.

Kinda funny about that.   I played the introduction scenes of Mass Effect 2 and uninstalled it as crap.   On advice, I re-installed and played the first few hours and was hooked.  It has become one of my favorites.

Same with RDR2.  I have now played that game through three times and loved each one more than the previous.  As you said, it is not an RPG,  Your choices are mostly meaningless.  However, it is a masterpiece of storytelling.

Like you, I too love FO4 (although here on LL, we will be in the minority).  I've played all the endings and am doing yet another play-through ATM.   However, RDR2 is way more satisfying for me.

On 7/27/2022 at 10:13 PM, fishburger67 said:

Todd sez

Tod "it just works" Howard? Of course, he would never lie to anyone.

44 minutes ago, Gameplayer said:

Just waiting to see how woke Star Field is going to be.

No since in polishing a turd with better PC parts if said games will be shit, no amount of high FPS numbers, graphics, 2K/4K/8K will un woke a turd of a game.

You say it like the graphics were any good. From the video I can say they are worse than Fallout 4. 

1 hour ago, Gameplayer said:

Just waiting to see how woke Star Field is going to be.

No since in polishing a turd with better PC parts if said games will be shit, no amount of high FPS numbers, graphics, 2K/4K/8K will un woke a turd of a game.

The quests are never appealing though. I suppose you could simply call them "dull" but if they are forced to go woke, then they will go from dull to obnoxious and unplayable.

But it won't make any difference to us because it is just a platform for our mods.

2 hours ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

You say it like the graphics were any good. From the video I can say they are worse than Fallout 4. 

That's pretty standard, though.  Pre-release videos rarely showcase final art assets.

Question is, are they going to improve, or take the "E3 route" of downgrading the graphics?

4 minutes ago, davisev5225 said:

That's pretty standard, though.  Pre-release videos rarely showcase final art assets.

Question is, are they going to improve, or take the "E3 route" of downgrading the graphics?

Well, bear in mind it has to work on an Xbox 1S, big thing about that console from the last Xbox was added RAM which I think is functionally RAM and VRAM for console system.

Its going to be very similar to games we are already familiar with for required and suggested specs with the major thing to be sure to have on your system being win10.

Likely everyone with 1080 or AMD equivalent card will be playing just fine,

Probably want like 16-32 Gigs of RAM as well for good FPS.

Just means most people can just snooze till the game comes out to decide what to upgrade if at all for their PC if they were already comfortable playing Fo4.

If they were playing RDR2 or Cyberpunk well just make sure you have win10 and take a nap till its out.

6 hours ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

4 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

16 hours ago, 27X said:

Seeing as Rock$$$tar just pledged to go full woke, i'd say your argument will in time literally hoist itself by its own rpetard.

I think the time of Computer Parts and Console machines costing more and more is coming to a close real soon.

The market cannot keep expecting the consumer to keep putting a ton of money on luxery items and especailly cannot expect that we will buy "Woke Tard Entertainment" and call it good.

Going forward for a few years now gaming is going to have to carter to a broad range of computer specs and work really hard at being entertainment rather than moral teaching or pushing cutting edge graphics.

Most of the PC gamer market is has 1060Ti or AMD version, this is because of all the perfect shit storm that happened over the last 7 years.

Video game companies are either going to make games that are actually fun to play and play on a wide range of systems or their companies are going to go tits up broke.

Face it they have to bend the knee to the consumer or they are not going to stay in the business.

Most of the consumers cannot do high end new systems, maybe at best they can get their hands on some used graphics card and maybe some RAM but brand new forget it not happening for years to come at least in any significant market share amounts.

They may even have to make their products work on a wide range of Operating Systems because not everyone is on the same OS anymore lot of people stuck with Win7 and a lot moved onto win11 others said the hell with it changed to Linux.

Star Field being a moddable game may help in that regard of well if you dont like the politics or whatever of it you might be able to change it with mods or make it irrelevant with modding, but people have to actually like it first.

Edited by Gameplayer

I'm on a standard 1060 and don't see any reason to upgrade. Just look at these new games, it is this purple-yellow fog everywhere. There are no blacks in their screenshots, and the colors are opaque and washed-out. The devs say they want to emulate cameras, but only old movies looks like this. 

I think only the Warhammer games are not doing this (with the exception of Total War). I played Necromunda: Hired Gun last year and graphics were fine. Recently I played Chaosbane and had a good time with it as well. 

Edited by Wolfstorm321

Kind of amazing how abjectly clueless you are. This is what 10bit content looks like on an 8bit monitor.

It isn't purple being used for mind control as you initially proclaimed, it is your shit being literally a decade out of date.

Edited by 27X
11 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

Going forward for a few years now gaming is going to have to carter to a broad range of computer specs and work really hard at being entertainment rather than moral teaching or pushing cutting edge graphics.

No chance. That's like hoping Western leaders would make popular domestic policies. There is literally 0% chance of that happening, because there is a very precise and specific agenda.

10 hours ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

I'm on a standard 1060 and don't see any reason to upgrade. Just look at these new games, it is this purple-yellow fog everywhere. There are no blacks in their screenshots, and the colors are opaque and washed-out. The devs say they want to emulate cameras, but only old movies looks like this. 

I think only the Warhammer games are not doing this (with the exception of Total War). I played Necromunda: Hired Gun last year and graphics were fine. Recently I played Chaosbane and had a good time with it as well. 

What are you going on about?

Has anyone else confirmed this "purple haze?"

4 hours ago, RohZima said:

What are you going on about?

There is a agenda behind the purple-yellow filter. The idea is to make games look boring and apathetic, and train its users into a kind of color scheme that is more-or-less similar to the so-called "globohomo style" (an art style used in corporative propaganda, with unsaturated colors).

It started with Windows 8, which removed the color gradient from its icons. Windows 10 introduced the unsaturated colors. Games followed this tendency, but up to 2018 it was possible to fix them with Reshade presets. Today it is no longer possible, as they are forcing this color scheme dynamically, whereas before it was static. 

Some people say it is used for mind control. Turns out apathic people are more easy to control. Since the games today are packed with SJW themes, it is easy to see where this is going. 

7 minutes ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

There is a agenda behind the purple-yellow filter. The idea is to make games look boring and apathetic, and train its users into a kind of color scheme that is more-or-less similar to the so-called "globohomo style" (an art style used in corporative propaganda, with unsaturated colors).

It started with Windows 8, which removed the color gradient from its icons. Windows 10 introduced the unsaturated colors. Games followed this tendency, but up to 2018 it was possible to fix them with Reshade presets. Today it is no longer possible, as they are forcing this color scheme dynamically, whereas before it was static. 

Some people say it is used for mind control. Turns out apathic people are more easy to control. Since the games today are packed with SJW themes, it is easy to see where this is going. 

Don't worry my man that can be fixed. The image spaces can be tweaked in the Kit! Textures can be replaced and gamma/contrast can be done with ENB.

The thing is I actually don't see the purple haze. yeah I see the volumetric fog but I don't see it being a fake color. Also as for the textures, they look ok but they might not have normal maps yet or something. They looked pretty nice to me. I guess you meant the snow one.

I think the NWO people aren't worried about us gamers. I mean we are already rendered impotent by the fact we sit around masturbating over 2B... They don't need to hypnotize us with crappy textures.

After what I saw today about this game I have to change my opinion-at first hand, because the trailers which have been created by third-party-persons did not show what is really happening inside of the game. In between I have a more closer orientation abut the content.

And secondary I feel how much TODD HOWARD is inside this project. He really loves SCIENCE FICTION and this concept of this game, he ´s again feeling like a child-may be he ´s a good actor, or it is from his heart, really. For him it is again a dream which is becoming true. So this I have to accept and to honor and so I deleted before-going comments of mine. I made a mistake. I can only wish bethesda all the best for that release.

Anyway can ´t I imagine to mod into such a game...but anyway is it a unique new concept of this genre, which will really catch lot of gamer ´s fantasy.

Maybe somebody can spend me the gamebryo-exporter for SKYRIM ????-Pleasee:-))) LOL

4 hours ago, t.ara said:

After what I saw today about this game I have to change my opinion-at first hand, because the trailers which have been created by third-party-persons did not show what is really happening inside of the game. In between I have a more closer orientation abut the content.

And secondary I feel how much TODD HOWARD is inside this project. He really loves SCIENCE FICTION and this concept of this game, he ´s again feeling like a child-may be he ´s a good actor, or it is from his heart, really. For him it is again a dream which is becoming true. So this I have to accept and to honor and so I deleted before-going comments of mine. I made a mistake. I can only wish bethesda all the best for that release.

Anyway can ´t I imagine to mod into such a game...but anyway is it a unique new concept of this genre, which will really catch lot of gamer ´s fantasy.

Maybe somebody can spend me the gamebryo-exporter for SKYRIM ????-Pleasee:-))) LOL

Was there a new gameplay reveal or interview?  I'd be interested in a link if you have one.

Not sure if this particular video has been linked yet, but if not then this is a good watch.

I'm definitely excited for Starfield. I've learned my lesson since Oblivion many years ago: play this game on PC. I'd say 75% of any issues will be easily resolved since we can just tweak the .ini files. And then of course we get access to many more (and better) mods than consoles. And last but not least, the mods themselves will make the game better and enjoyable. It's not joke that even to this day Skyrim is still being played, and I'd even argue that interest has risen in the last few months thanks to some revolutionary mods. This is why I'm excited for Starfield and I'm not worried about it unlike the haters out there.

I think the game will be much better than fo4... In terms of models detail, animation complexity and interior design. But I'm not sure there's going to be a serious package of tools for modders. Most likely we have already seen the maximum support for bethesda, as it was implemented in fo4. When there are official plugins, but it is legally impossible to use them. Also, I don't know what anyone thinks about havok. But from my point of view, this is a studio tool, designed for a developer with motion capture and a studio, and not for suffering on a home PC. hct, under Microsoft, it is quite likely that it is not at all oriented towards free distribution in principle. But obviously this is my speculation. The future will show how it will actually be.

Edited by South8028
6 hours ago, t.ara said:

elrich does not compile models made in max 2013 with bgs exporter to skyrim format? I just never played Skyrim because I don't like fantasy, swords and magic. Therefore, I don’t know what is the difference between ce skyrim and ce fo4. 

6 hours ago, Solatium said:

Any word on the scripting language? Papyrus was pretty rough to work with, I wish they'd use something common like Python or JavaScript. Mainly I want to be able to use a good IDE if I wanted to get into modding.

It will be almost certainly Papyrus, so learn it.  Papyrus is key to Creation kit.  It is not a scripting language like others.  It is designed to run in small slices and not crash the game when poor modders fuck up (at least in less than extreme circumstances).  It also runs reasonably fast now in AE.