File Spamming Is Way Out of Hand

2 minutes ago, TheLadysGhost said:

For a couple of days, it appears that multiple creators are on the "New" board, and no file spamming... not even a little, that would need anyone to contact a moderator for. Perhaps one or two of the same creator, but not the full board stuff. Not sure which mechanism(s) used to achieve this, but such variety may prove benefit to LL, and to many creators, both new creators, and those with Patreon accounts, as well as games other than TS4. If the CC is good, people will seek out other pieces/ mods/ CC by a particular creator.

If this is the way things have been made now, thumbs up to @Ashal.

I don't think any changes have been made, I think we're just seeing a pause in the spamming.

5 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

I try to be realist.  Saves the disappointment, leaves room for pleasant surprises.

I try to be a total quack.  >o__

But I'm a quack who owns a forum of his own (over 10 years), knowing that there are just some people who don't care about even proper decorum and just want to do what they will.  

BUT remember, LoversLab has been here for well over 10 years too... so they must be doing SOMETHING right.  ;)

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, davisev5225 said:

Not the first set of spam I've seen since this thread was last active, just the one that I decided was worth revisiting.  This is still an ongoing problem...

And its one of these droolers who just rip some random artwork from actually talented people and put their own patreon link below it, so you cant even chalk it down to innocent ignorance.
Its just another example of purely money-motivated spamming.

2 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

And its one of these droolers who just rip some random artwork from actually talented people and put their own patreon link below it, so you cant even chalk it down to innocent ignorance.
Its just another example of purely money-motivated spamming.

Just report when seeing. But add a few words on the report.

Do you really think we have time to unpack and try a sim mod and check if all parts are legit?

3 hours ago, CPU said:

Do you really think we have time to unpack and try a sim mod and check if all parts are legit?

No, not really.
But I´d bet my buttocks that, out of all the people who ever uploaded Sims4 loading screens containing animu (or any kind of semi-decent art), Not a SINGLE ONE ever was the actual creator of said art. So checking wouldn't even be necessary in this case. You can just assume its taken without permission and be right 99% of the time.

At the time of writing this, last times perpetrator has already re-uploaded the last few of his spam uploads which (I presume) were already taken down once.
I know everything meaningful about this has already been said, but I still want to throw in the reminder that an automated solution might help to shut up the complaints.

But to be fair, I do feel that the problem is occurring less frequent than people started complaining about it. So I guess the Brute force method of manual reporting/removing does somehow work.

25 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

No, not really.
But I´d bet my buttocks that, out of all the people who ever uploaded Sims4 loading screens containing animu (or any kind of semi-decent art), Not a SINGLE ONE ever was the actual creator of said art. So checking wouldn't even be necessary in this case. You can just assume its taken without permission and be right 99% of the time.

At the time of writing this, last times perpetrator has already re-uploaded the last few of his spam uploads which (I presume) were already taken down once.
I know everything meaningful about this has already been said, but I still want to throw in the reminder that an automated solution might help to shut up the complaints.

But to be fair, I do feel that the problem is occurring less frequent than people started complaining about it. So I guess the Brute force method of manual reporting/removing does somehow work.

For sure if the same person/"author" gets reported multiple times for "stealing" or similar, then we will be more active against the person.

Again, we barely have time to check if there are viruses or it a complete ripoff (do you have a clue of how many people re-upload wickedwhims ?)

Report with a note explaining the problem and we will take care of.

6 hours ago, CPU said:

We all know you're volunteers doing this in your spare time.  This is why we've been asking for automated flood control.  It doesn't solve the problem of fraudulent uploads, but it will reduce the workload on you mods.