22 minutes ago, mercplatypus said:

I run provocative perks and stopped using the nymphomaniac perk because the tentacles rendered them pointless.  In previous releases they still worked even with that per was active, so if there is an issue it will be related to whatever has changed between the current iteration and version 2.06.

Yes, I added the above checks in 2.06.  I will give it a go this weekend and see where the collision is happening.  

hi there, i've been testing out the mod lately and there's still a bug where the tentas would pop out in mid fight.

i was busy cleaning up jamaica from zoombies when the tentas would pop & interrupt

also mobs can attack them while in AAF events, such as when molerats popped out & trying to bite them

also i have this buff/debuff called "bloated" but i can't find anywhere to see the effects

Edited by DerpedPerd

Sthan, I am pretty sure one of the x2 Tentacle animations is busted, but I cannot tell you which one, because I never get that far. Either the animations black out and load forever or the game crashes. Every other animation seems to be playing. I can talk to Tentacle man if I need to if you think it is on him..

2 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Sthan, I am pretty sure one of the x2 Tentacle animations is busted, but I cannot tell you which one, because I never get that far. Either the animations black out and load forever or the game crashes. Every other animation seems to be playing. I can talk to Tentacle man if I need to if you think it is on him..

One way you can test is to manually spawn passive tentacles with the console and then try the various positions with the AAF scene wizard. The passive and aggressive tentacles all support the same animations.

30 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

One way you can test is to manually spawn passive tentacles with the console and then try the various positions with the AAF scene wizard. The passive and aggressive tentacles all support the same animations.

Yes, and I've not encountered this  However, I did notice there's a Test Animation, but that never comes up in the random position.  

8 hours ago, DerpedPerd said:

hi there, i've been testing out the mod lately and there's still a bug where the tentas would pop out in mid fight.

i was busy cleaning up jamaica from zoombies when the tentas would pop & interrupt

also mobs can attack them while in AAF events, such as when molerats popped out & trying to bite them

This should not happen, and the tentacles are now indestructible during the animation.  I'll check to see if something is not being evaluated properly.

8 hours ago, DerpedPerd said:

also i have this buff/debuff called "bloated" but i can't find anywhere to see the effects

Bloated

Spoiler

This will equip a Zaz Particle effect (If you have it installed) and the slime will slowly ooze out of the character.  It also poisons you for 10 seconds, damaging health by 10.  At the end of the debuff, there is a chance for a new aggressive tentacle to emerge from the good you've expelled.

3 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

If you can find which, I can exclude it from playing. :)

I've not had any of the animations break yet, and I've tried them all.

15 hours ago, mercplatypus said:

I run provocative perks and stopped using the nymphomaniac perk because the tentacles rendered them pointless.  In previous releases they still worked even with that per was active, so if there is an issue it will be related to whatever has changed between the current iteration and version 2.06.

+ @ecastellvi

I did look at the Change Log for Provacative Perks, I've not tested yet.  But, there seems to be a cool-down on sex acts.  It may be stopping all AAF Animations if the timer hasn't exhausted.  This is exactly how my mod deals with the random attacks, via the MCM Time to Wait option.  I will download the code this evening and have a look to see if my hypothesis is correct.

❤️

4 hours ago, Sthan Dust said:

If you can find which, I can exclude it from playing. :)

I've not had any of the animations break yet, and I've tried them all.

i can confirm,

after getting ravaged by the aggressive vers after it popped out of my OC's, it will infinite load

50% chance it might be because from the blackout transition

38 minutes ago, DerpedPerd said:

i can confirm,

after getting ravaged by the aggressive vers after it popped out of my OC's, it will infinite load

It might be the FadeToBlack causing issue due to timing.  I will remove this and see if it fixes things.

Thank you for confirming :)

Evening my luvs.

I have made some changes this weekend.  It seems that I've fixed most of the serious issues with Tentacles.  I am adding more checks to stop unwanted attacks.

I'm adding the following checks:

-- Will not attack if in Power Armour.

-- Will not attack if in an interior cell.

-- Will not attack if Pregnant (This is a storyline thing, but can be changed in MCM)

I just want to test a few more hours.  I hope to release tomorrow, with some new books and storyline cues.

I hope everyone is having an amazing weekend!

❤️

Many of the aspects of the Sanity Framework were tested about 2 decades ago with friends in IRC roleplay.  I was recently contacted by old friends who noticed this.

Sanity Framework is a culmination of 2 decades of role-play with friends, who I cherish so very much.  And they are happy you all are excited about this.

"But I fear
I have nothing to give.
I have so much
To lose here in this lonely place.
Tangled up in your embrace
There's there's nothing I'd like better than
To fall."

❤️

8 hours ago, Sthan Dust said:

Evening my luvs.

I have made some changes this weekend.  It seems that I've fixed most of the serious issues with Tentacles.  I am adding more checks to stop unwanted attacks.

I'm adding the following checks:

-- Will not attack if in Power Armour.

-- Will not attack if in an interior cell.

-- Will not attack if Pregnant (This is a storyline thing, but can be changed in MCM)

I just want to test a few more hours.  I hope to release tomorrow, with some new books and storyline cues.

I hope everyone is having an amazing weekend!

❤️

i guess this will also address to the "crafting assault" bug?

will you also implement the function when weapon drawn to prevent attacks?

gonna be awkward when talking to kellog, then surprise butt secks

3 hours ago, DerpedPerd said:

gonna be awkward when talking to kellog, then surprise butt secks

And here I was, thinking there's no way to improve on the vanilla Kellog experience Bethesda provided!

Hi all,

New release is up

-- New Ignore Pregnancy Option

-- Will not spawn in Interiors

-- Will not spawn if the player is in workshop or crafting mode

-- Will not spawn if the player is in combat

-- Will not spawn if player is in power armour

-- Will not spawn if player is in a scene or already having sex

-- Tentacles are indestructible during the encounter

-- Fixed issues with pregnancy, cumflation and tentacles impregnation

-- Fixed Beastess stats to properly update

Let me know if you have any issues. Moving on to creating a proper quest to explain what is happening with the tentacles, and how it relates to your Sanity.

❤️  Thank you all for your patience!

19 hours ago, DerpedPerd said:

i can confirm,

The issue here is the aggressive script, which is a part of the base tentacle actor.  The Aggressive tentacle script does a fade to black independent of mine. :( So I can't fix this unless I update the original scripts.

I'm sure this has been asked so apologies but what is the difference between this and the other thread by the same author called Sanity Framework? If they're the same, shouldn't they be merged to avoid confusion? Are they the same except this one has tentacle attacks and the other doesn't?

I'm also not clear on what Sanity Framework does. It sounds like it adds new stats and a quest line? How invasive is this, from other players' experience? Will this mod completely change my experience in a new game, or is it somewhat of a background mod?

Edited by Vidust
15 hours ago, Sthan Dust said:

Hi all,

New release is up

-- New Ignore Pregnancy Option

-- Will not spawn in Interiors

-- Will not spawn if the player is in workshop or crafting mode

-- Will not spawn if the player is in combat

-- Will not spawn if player is in power armour

-- Will not spawn if player is in a scene or already having sex

-- Tentacles are indestructible during the encounter

-- Fixed issues with pregnancy, cumflation and tentacles impregnation

-- Fixed Beastess stats to properly update

Let me know if you have any issues. Moving on to creating a proper quest to explain what is happening with the tentacles, and how it relates to your Sanity.

❤️  Thank you all for your patience!

is it safe to update straight away from the old one?

eg: disable & uninstall old vers, install new vers & continue from last safe point?

10 hours ago, DerpedPerd said:

is it safe to update straight away from the old one?

eg: disable & uninstall old vers, install new vers & continue from last safe point?

It should automatically update with no issues at all.  I would just save before, just in case something broke along the way.  

❤️

Evening lovelies!

So glad I've had no critical bug reports, like infinite loops that break save games! ??

I'm not sure how many use the FPER/WLD by @Invictusblade but some of the tentacle animations involve milking.  I plan to add support for this so that if player is lactating, and one of those anims fire, it will have a chance of transmuting milk into a potion.  @Snapdragon_ did an amazing job with those anims, so it seems a shame to let them go to waste.  I use WLD and FPER quite successfully, so if you have issues, please feel free to reach out.

I expect to have a new release by this coming weekend with some new additions -- stories and features.  To be honest, I've been struggling with how incredibly slow CK is for editing custom NPCs.  It quite literally takes about 30 seconds to reflect a facial or body change when editing.  So that's rather rubbish.  I tried Face Ripper, but that has its own issues.

I am nearly complete with the final Splinter Perks.  Sanity will start having serious detriments, so I have been trying to add Sanity Restore items.  You SHOULD be seeing SmileX and ZedX showing up in the LeveledList containers.  SmileX, for when you don't feel your mental best! (tm) (Individual results may vary. Not FDA approved.) These help restore Sanity and Depression.  

If you've not found all the current books, I encourage you to do so. They grant perks that allow effects to happen.  

Glad everyone seems content thus far!  

And as always, thank you so much for your support and understanding.

"And what rough beast, its hour come round at last, slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?" -- Yeats

???

I did notice something that seemed a little odd regarding Smilex and Zedex.  Both have identical descriptions in the pipboy menu for their effects, but have their correct effects listed in the chemistry workbench.  The chem bench is the only reason I knew what either did at first.

I also noticed that both are considered food items and not medications.  I noticed this as I play exclusively on survival difficulty and taking them does not increase thirst, but did weirdly satisfy my hunger. The first issue is a nuisance, but the second issue is baffling.  I don't know if you intended the second issue or not.

12 minutes ago, mercplatypus said:

I did notice something that seemed a little odd regarding Smilex and Zedex.  Both have identical descriptions in the pipboy menu for their effects, but have their correct effects listed in the chemistry workbench.  The chem bench is the only reason I knew what either did at first.

I also noticed that both are considered food items and not medications.  I noticed this as I play exclusively on survival difficulty and taking them does not increase thirst, but did weirdly satisfy my hunger. The first issue is a nuisance, but the second issue is baffling.  I don't know if you intended the second issue or not.

I will take a look at this. It was probably an oversight.  It is supposed to satisfy hunger, since I play on Survival as well. (The mod is meant to be played on survival.  I only drop to non-survival for testing). The descriptions should be different for sure.  Apologies.

Having been on "happy pills", I noticed a significant drop in my appetite, which was the model for these things.  Increasing thirst, in my opinion, made no sense.  If it were cannabis, then certainly, thirst would be increased.

Thank you so much for pointing this out. I will adjust in the next update.  I've been trying to model this mod based on my own struggles with mental maladies.  Results may vary!

❤️