31 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

If it helps, something like 50% of my script bugs end up being exactly this. Oh how I long to see basic language constructs like "for" loops in Papyrus.

It's dreadful!  And so easy to miss.  I use Visual Studio Code that has a Papyrus extension and does intellisense and such.  But the CK should not compile something it notices is an infinite loop!  I do C# programming for the most part, and that would never let me compile without at least warning me that I had created an infinite loop.

Hopefully CK 3 will be an improvement.  Lesson learned! 

???

2 minutes ago, ecastellvi said:

Glad I could be of service, debugging is the worst.

I'm running the fresh save I started when I downloaded 2.07 and it's running smoothly.

Great! That means it killed the Runaway Mental Script I inadvertently unleashed into the world.  

Thank you so much :) 

Can anyone help a brother out and give me a clue where to find the note in the DC marketplace? I've been patrolling this thing for like 20 minutes and I cannot find it lol. I think its the last one I need to find here.

53 minutes ago, H Bof said:

Can anyone help a brother out and give me a clue where to find the note in the DC marketplace? I've been patrolling this thing for like 20 minutes and I cannot find it lol. I think its the last one I need to find here.

Spoiler

There's a couple of statues/mannequins about right in front of Takahashi's line of sight. It should be on the floor right next to one of them.

Yeah this one is one of the trickier ones it seems. I love the hunting them down aspect of the mod (Sthan <3) but in my first playthrough for instance the note somehow got knocked under one of them (maybe from an explosion or something, or the attempted fratricide event), and I really had to search the forums to find it lol.

Hi, Sthan :) I hope you're well. This is just an informational comment. I just updated from version 1.07 to 1.08 of your mod, and I noticed the MCM command to show Beastess values wasn't working.

So I typed in console:  help beast 3    (so I could confirm the Beastess values were still there)

I noticed that it shows sd_beastess_human = 662053.00

The other non-human values look to be correct.

I checked my MagnoCumGaudio counter for comparison, and it says humans for this playthrough is: 613

So I simply fixed the Sanity Framework counter by using the command: set sd_beastess_human to 613

Doing this did not fix MCM to display Beastess values, but it did return the human counter to the correct amount :)

Thanks again for sharing your awesome work :)

Post Script a few minutes later: With my character doing nothing, just standing there for a few minutes, the Beastess counter menu from MCM showed me the Sanity Framework counters, but it now shows it at 10250.00.  I double checked the globals through console, and it does now show it as 10250.

So something is lagging the Beastess counter display tremendously, and whatever is doing that is also incrementing the human counter massively :)

p.p.s. And a couple of minutes later it climbed to 13848, and every several seconds the human counter is climbing. There seems to be an infinite loop increasing this value at all times, not just in MCM.

Edited by Karna5
56 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

Hi, Sthan :) I hope you're well. This is just an informational comment. I just updated from version 1.07 to 1.08 of your mod, and I noticed the MCM command to show Beastess values wasn't working.

So I typed in console:  help beast 3    (so I could confirm the Beastess values were still there)

I noticed that it shows sd_beastess_human = 662053.00

The other non-human values look to be correct.

I checked my MagnoCumGaudio counter for comparison, and it says humans for this playthrough is: 613

So I simply fixed the Sanity Framework counter by using the command: set sd_beastess_human to 613

Doing this did not fix MCM to display Beastess values, but it did return the human counter to the correct amount :)

Thanks again for sharing your awesome work :)

Post Script a few minutes later: With my character doing nothing, just standing there for a few minutes, the Beastess counter menu from MCM showed me the Sanity Framework counters, but it now shows it at 10250.00.  I double checked the globals through console, and it does now show it as 10250.

So something is lagging the Beastess counter display tremendously, and whatever is doing that is also incrementing the human counter massively :)

p.p.s. And a couple of minutes later it climbed to 13848, and every several seconds the human counter is climbing. There seems to be an infinite loop increasing this value at all times, not just in MCM.

Yeah, it doesn't kill the script if you load a savegame after you were attacked by tentacles running 2.07. It happened the same with the run I started when I begin trying 2.01. If you load a savegame made before you installed 2.07, as Sthan proposed, the issue is solved.

1 hour ago, ecastellvi said:

Yeah, it doesn't kill the script if you load a savegame after you were attacked by tentacles running 2.07. It happened the same with the run I started when I begin trying 2.01. If you load a savegame made before you installed 2.07, as Sthan proposed, the issue is solved.

Ah I didn't realize that. Hmm, I don't have a save game from before that. I'm up to 107th level now and kind of hate to start over before I finish some of the major quests I started.

If there's no way to kill the script I'll just live with it for the next few weeks until I can start a new game :)

Thanks.

I have such a question. Can FPE be used as the Redux version is too buggy. There practically nothing works as it should. I was a big fan of hers, but I was very disappointed. So far, there hasn't been a time when I've played with it without a few game-breaking bugs.

1 hour ago, Karna5 said:

Ah I didn't realize that. Hmm, I don't have a save game from before that. I'm up to 107th level now and kind of hate to start over before I finish some of the major quests I started.

If there's no way to kill the script I'll just live with it for the next few weeks until I can start a new game :)

Thanks.

Hi there!  You can try the "Reset Mod" under the MCM Debug

If that doesn't work, you can remove it from your load order.  Go into the game, save again, then reenable the mod.

And for the more extreme, you can use Resaver to remove all SD_MainFramework items.

One of those should stop the script from running and have it restart with the new code.

Let me know if that fixes it!

:)

Hi, Sthan :)

The Reset Mod in MCM did not work to stop the scripts. However, the disabling of the plugin, saving a game without Sanity Framework running, restoring the plugin and loggin into the game again did stop the scripts.

I was able to use the MCM [Edit: I meant to say MCG] counters to manually reset the sd_beastess_[type] counters to the correct values. And I remembered the pregnancy and tentacle counters more or less and was able to reset those as well.

I lost my sanity (I think it was around 13 or so at the time), and I lost all my perks and books, but I'm okay with that because I'd have lost them anyway if I had started a new game.

You let me keep my 107 levels, and when I finish the quest I'm on I'll go back to the speakeasy and rabbit hole and start the process of making my character insane again *laughs*.

Thank you so much! :)

Edited by Karna5

1. No, as far as I'm aware it was made for female PCs but male will still work,

2. You should just be able to install the new versions and swap them out with the old ones (try to keep them in the same spot in the load order) but if you have a pre 2.0 version I think you might need to start a new save.

3. No, but I think a lot of the mods content is tied to it/only available if you do it, tho I can't say for certain so it's better if Sthan gives you this answer.

9 hours ago, mymods said:

a few questions:

is this mod only for male PC?

how to upgrade?

do i have to play the mainquest?

The mod is primarily geared at the female PC, but will work with both. 

Upgrade is automatic.

And no, I don't even play the main quest anymore :)

9 hours ago, Karna5 said:

Hi, Sthan :)

The Reset Mod in MCM did not work to stop the scripts. However, the disabling of the plugin, saving a game without Sanity Framework running, restoring the plugin and loggin into the game again did stop the scripts.

I am SO happy to hear this.  Those pesky scripts!  I figured the uninstall would work!  So glad it did!  I would hate that I messed up your game! That would make me very sad.

I was able to use the MCM [Edit: I meant to say MCG] counters to manually reset the sd_beastess_[type] counters to the correct values. And I remembered the pregnancy and tentacle counters more or less and was able to reset those as well.

There is a "Reset Beastess Stats" debug that should do that as well!

I lost my sanity (I think it was around 13 or so at the time), and I lost all my perks and books, but I'm okay with that because I'd have lost them anyway if I had started a new game.

You let me keep my 107 levels, and when I finish the quest I'm on I'll go back to the speakeasy and rabbit hole and start the process of making my character insane again *laughs*.

Thank you so much! :)

It's okay, Sanity goes away pretty quick on purpose. My basic premise, especially for the female PC, is how can you walk out of the vault, knowing your husband is dead, and your child was kidnapped, and not be utterly mental!? Then your first encounter is raping raiders and a DeathClaw?  FFS.  That would be like Kate Middleton stepping out of Buckingham Palace and having to kill a bunch of mutants with NO training whatsoever!  

So happy to hear things are working properly.  ❤️ 

Thank you SO much for helping the debug process. It is very much appreciated from you and everyone who wants to be insane like me :)

"I think there's a flaw in my code."

Edited by Sthan Dust
19 hours ago, H Bof said:

18 hours ago, Reaper101001000 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

There's a couple of statues/mannequins about right in front of Takahashi's line of sight. It should be on the floor right next to one of them.

Yeah this one is one of the trickier ones it seems. I love the hunting them down aspect of the mod (Sthan <3) but in my first playthrough for instance the note somehow got knocked under one of them (maybe from an explosion or something, or the attempted fratricide event), and I really had to search the forums to find it lol.

Yes sometimes the explosion moves it a bit.  That's the havoc engine.  I will add some better clues in the MCM.  But I don't like to be overt on the locations, because I want you to have fun looking for them.  Did I mention I hate quest markers? ??

More notes are coming for the hunt! A lot of notes. ❤️

11 hours ago, vranina said:

I have such a question. Can FPE be used as the Redux version is too buggy. There practically nothing works as it should. I was a big fan of hers, but I was very disappointed. So far, there hasn't been a time when I've played with it without a few game-breaking bugs.

It will work with Ego's version for sure.  But not to the extent as @Invictusblade version.

DM me with your issues and I might be able to help you with the bugs.  I work with blade on his mod as well.  It might just be a simple fix :)

I use FPER and WLD with no issue.

On Tentacles 001

by Alex Reed

"A new species has manifested itself in the wasteland.  The tentacles.  I'm not entirely sure what the purpose is.  And they seem incredibly random in their appearance.

The attacks seem to focus on females of childbearing age.  I can only suspect pheromones are at work here.  I must do more research.  I have one documented case of impregnation by these beasts.  However, the rate of growth is accelerated for some unknown reason.

Note: document location, time, and status of the patient. 

Question: Is this you, Olivia?

AR"

Evening Lovelies!

I am so happy I've not seen any critical failures on 2.08.  I will move on from Tentacles for now and move to the Witch of the Wood storyline.

I expect new content this weekend.  After I ensure I've not created a mess like the 2.07 release.  That was dreadful, and I am so terribly sorry it caused such mischief.  

Have a lovely Friday, and we'll meet again soon in the wastelands of madness.

❤️

Edited by Sthan Dust

Any chance you could disable tentacle attacks if you're in power armor? The tentacles keep attacking, but since I'm in PA when it re-equips stuff it tries to equip all the power armor pieces without you being in a frame and permanently removes your pip-boy.

3 hours ago, ModdedMax said:

Any chance you could disable tentacle attacks if you're in power armor? The tentacles keep attacking, but since I'm in PA when it re-equips stuff it tries to equip all the power armor pieces without you being in a frame and permanently removes your pip-boy.

I sure can. I hadn't even considered that.  I never use PA :)

Hi, I was fooling around with the mod Provocative Perks, and it would seem (I'm still testing it) that the perk Unbridled Nymphomania interferes somehow with the tentacles attacks. With the perk on the tentacles were not attacking, I run for two hours IRL with the frequency at 100 and the waiting time at 1 and not a single tentacle attacked me. After removing the perk the tentacles attacks worked normally.

13 hours ago, Sthan Dust said:

I sure can. I hadn't even considered that.  I never use PA :)

Tbh you could make an event that removes your pip-boy on purpose as part of the mod, it'd have to be really rare and only in certain circumstances but only being able to access your inventory while in PA is kind of a fun extra challenge

19 hours ago, ecastellvi said:

Hi, I was fooling around with the mod Provocative Perks, and it would seem (I'm still testing it) that the perk Unbridled Nymphomania interferes somehow with the tentacles attacks. With the perk on the tentacles were not attacking, I run for two hours IRL with the frequency at 100 and the waiting time at 1 and not a single tentacle attacked me. After removing the perk the tentacles attacks worked normally.

Hi there.  I've not tried that mod.  Tentacles will not attack in the following conditions:

The Player is flagged as a Ghost, is in Combat, is inascene, or has the keyword AAF_API.AAF_ActorBusy.

[EDIT: I also forgot, it checks for if the player is in an interior, or if they have recently teleported.   Both of those will stop the animation from happening as well]

I suspect the perk may set the player to Ghost.  This happens with a few mods, like Violate.  I have the Ghost Check because that stops the tentacles from attacking during an AAF Violate scene.

I'll add a debug on the next release so you can see if that is where it is failing.

Thank you!

Edited by Sthan Dust
Updated support comment

I run provocative perks and stopped using the nymphomaniac perk because the tentacles rendered them pointless.  In previous releases they still worked even with that per was active, so if there is an issue it will be related to whatever has changed between the current iteration and version 2.06.