Count to 1,000,000

12 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

buy 8553 and leave the rest to Psalam's missteps ?

12 hours ago, Psalam said:

Or buy 8 for $85.53 US.

3 hours ago, Corsayr said:

We appear to have 2 8553s which means this is 8558 which is a Schröder number?

? So, that no one accuses us to be incomplete, I mention the missing number here : 8557

And I expect we will have to fix such issues another 8559 time before we reach the million. :classic_shy:

I can't find any rifles this morning so I suppose I'll just post 8560 because I can. Some of these duplicate numbers probably occur during those periods when this topic is "hot" and two (or more) people are trying to post at the same time. So, Worik, as usual, is right!

Spoiler
29 minutes ago, worik said:

It's the 8561st time I'm blushing again :classic_blush: Too much praise.  Maybe I'l better return to our laundry and my quest for the holy but missing socks.

This of course (in English anyway) raises many questions, possibly as many as 8562. I must admit that only three are really relevant, however. Are you searching for the holy socks (such as one would find on a practicing Sister of Dibella) or are you looking for the holey socks (such as one would find on an experienced traveler/adventurer who doesn't know how to darn) or are you wholly looking for socks (as in, to the exclusion of everything else)?

It's this awkward situation, when the family council opens the book of inventory and recites the fact that 85,63 pairs of socks ? are subjects under our  glorious reign.

Unruly as their are, we seldomly meet them in unanimous pairs. ?

Now, that is clearly an optimal solution for your own unified needs. And quite effcient and economic as well ?

But we host multiple physical shapes under our roof, not to speak about the 8567 varying tastes when it comes to fashion over the last years.

I HATE to break the flow on socks (sometimes Sox as in Boston Red Sox) but I am steamed about being dumped off LL for the 8568th time in the 3 years I've been here. ?  I hope they catch that "verdammt" hacker and cut his nuts off and make him eat them!

Thank you, I feel better now.

37 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

????? That's why I buy my socks in packs of 8566 of the same color and design. ??????????????

All black and if they start to get stiff, just grab a new pair,

if you can call them pair, they are all the same ?

The ability to survive with just one type of sock is so incredibly alien to me.? I have to have 8569 different types to make sure I always have the right socks for the right situation with the right outfit. 

Things like outside lighting due to current weather is a factor in sock selection.

25 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I hope they catch that "verdammt" hacker and cut his nuts off and make him eat them!

Did you know that the spanish inquisition is told to have had 8570  methods to "start a conversation" with such a develish fiend ? ??

Did I say 8568? Let me correct myself. I have now been "bumped" for the 8571st time and it is no more pleasant! I wonder if Dr. Mengele has any old notes lying around for this hacker fellow?

This time I don't feel quite so much better as I did the last time.

52 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

The ability to survive with just one type of sock is so incredibly alien to me.? I have to have 8569 different types to make sure I always have the right socks for the right situation with the right outfit. 

Things like outside lighting due to current weather is a factor in sock selection.

Well, than you will like this!

I tried to simulate Woriks socks madness, but my PC gave up as I tried to add 8572 unpaired socks to one pic.

That's what was left: ?????????????????????????????????

woriksocks.jpg.648839dafa8441fdeccbeb8554f9a712.jpg

and the fitting music:

I have soooo no clue how to combine socks, not even virtual ones. First try ?

20 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Well, than you will like this!

I tried to simulate Woriks socks madness, but my PC gave up as I tried to add 8572 unpaired socks to one pic.

That's what was left: ?????????????????????????????????

Hide contents

woriksocks.jpg.648839dafa8441fdeccbeb8554f9a712.jpg

and the fitting music:

Hide contents

I have soooo no clue how to combine socks, not even virtual ones. First try ?

Under the right conditions, asymmetrical socks can be the appropriate choice. So even if you have been told 8575 times that your socks have to match, it isn't always true. 

Speaking of feet

8575 is an Achilles number... 

Spoiler

An Achilles number is a positive integer that is powerful (in the sense that each prime factor occurs with exponent greater than one) but imperfect (in the sense that the number is not a perfect power). The first few are 72, 108, 200, 288, 392, 432, ... (OEIS A052486).

14 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

Under the right conditions, asymmetrical socks can be the appropriate choice. So even if you have been told 8575 times that your socks have to match, it isn't always true. 

Speaking of feet

8575 is an Achilles number... 

Hide contents

An Achilles number is a positive integer that is powerful (in the sense that each prime factor occurs with exponent greater than one) but imperfect (in the sense that the number is not a perfect power). The first few are 72, 108, 200, 288, 392, 432, ... (OEIS A052486).

lol

I'm still can't get my head around this:

8ad625ddd19ef3f5f5c3b860861ba1.jpg.f211fe77faf8f1adda11b13bb3ae2a13.jpg

even if my Math teacher hit his had 8576 times on the chalk wall.

A POWERFUL reminder that you can slove everything with your head =D

6 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

lol

I'm still can't get my head around this:

8ad625ddd19ef3f5f5c3b860861ba1.jpg.f211fe77faf8f1adda11b13bb3ae2a13.jpg

even if my Math teacher hit his had 8576 times on the chalk wall.

A POWERFUL reminder that you can slove everything with your head =D

if you turn to page 8578 in the teacher's copy of the book you'll find this out

Spoiler

image.png.a94511a138555f19b64c0bea05498c93.png

Spoiler
On 2/4/2019 at 3:02 PM, Corsayr said:

if you turn to page 8578 in the teacher's copy of the book you'll find this out

Hide contents

image.png.a94511a138555f19b64c0bea05498c93.png

What's interesting about that is that it works for any number. 8577 becomes 8+5+7+7 = 27 which becomes 2+7 = 9. Therefore, 8577 is divisible by 9. Sadly, 8579 is not. (It works with 3 also).