[mod] Carnalitas Slavery Expansion

Also not a big issue. Has anyone noticed if you have one male slave gifted to say 25 female slaves you get 5-6 births in one go? Wouldn't there be more than that? I'm testing this when the male is lustful and so are all the females. Could just be something I stumbled upon but maybe the game can only handle births from 6 female characters all relating to the one male character. Reason I noticed this was I normally use 2 male slaves to 25 females. And both of them only got 5-6 kids in each go. This is done where one guy does them all, waits 9 months. Then the other guy does them all. Also note all the slaves here are marked as sex Slaves so there should be bonus fertility from being lustful and being a sex slave for everyone. 

What would be a good idea to overall decrease the number of slaves? Right now it's running about 2.5% of all characters in my game (which isn't bad but lower would better ) but I was trying to see how if there was way. (I managed to do decrease prostitutes by adding the AI's ability to stop working as a prostitute (increasing by age), as there were about 7% prostitutes in my game and way too many were in their 50s and 60s.

The other issue I'm seeing is there a way too many random cultured characters floating around. I think this is related to the slaves / traders etc being created from faiths that allow slavery. Anyway to trim this down?

3 hours ago, Sooner860 said:

What would be a good idea to overall decrease the number of slaves? Right now it's running about 2.5% of all characters in my game (which isn't bad but lower would better ) but I was trying to see how if there was way. (I managed to do decrease prostitutes by adding the AI's ability to stop working as a prostitute (increasing by age), as there were about 7% prostitutes in my game and way too many were in their 50s and 60s.

The other issue I'm seeing is there a way too many random cultured characters floating around. I think this is related to the slaves / traders etc being created from faiths that allow slavery. Anyway to trim this down?

What I was doing in my game was buying as many as I can and eliminating them. Like sacrificing them for piety. Probably not the best way to go but it is an ingame mechanic to fix an ingame issue.

Question: would you ever do a slave manager mod? Like knight manager but slaves. Once you get over 50 or 100 (100 being way too much and unmanageable in my opinion). It gets out of hand. The only reason I say 100 is that you are left with many of them with nothing to do. Which is why I'm wondering too if you have a higher rank title, could you have more forced labor and prostitutes slaves? Like an emperor. I'm not sure what a reasonable number would be or even at king. I'm just saying this in that once someone fills their knight cap, you're left with many who can't do much. You can make them slave labor which is fine but that eventually gets a cap. One mod does make them pit fighters. But I think if you did that sorta thing too it would be better. The only other thing I could think of is somehow getting decision based stuff for slaves. Like labor focuses on building time (faster building time). Labor focusing on harvest (more taxes). Each of these coming with health costs or accident related events. Or potentional rebellions/revolts. Other than that I love this mod for what it does. You can make mamluks or ghilman using ingame characters. It's just nice roleplay wise. 

So my sex slaves have tons of children from courtiers, vassals and other slaves. Maybe 10% of the children are mine. I checked with debug-mode. I kinda expectet them to stay loyal to me since I pay them (I never gave a sexlave as a gift to someone). No wonder my slave numbers never sink when they reproduce like rabbits.

Edited by xyzxyz

So my sex slaves have tons of children from courtiers, vassals and other slaves. Maybe 10% of the children are mine. I checked with debug-mode. I kinda expectet them to stay loyal to me since I pay them (I never gave a sexlave as a gift to someone). No wonder my slave numbers never sink when they reproduce like rabbits.

2 hours ago, 3g3q5 said:

The mod is not working for me. I put it at the bottom of the load order after Carnalitas, but there are no slave options in the game. Any ideas?

make sure u have slaves enabled in game rules. Also altought the mod is great it dosent generate, spawns slaves on his own so use carnalitas dominatio for that , place it above this mod and have fun :) 

Could there be a decision to castrate slaves upon birth or a choice to castrate them alongside of the brand or murder slave options? It's like a contingency plan if they run away or decide to seduce anyone (it happens). This isn't a problem. But I think it's something that could help the realm ?. My heiress got a little out of sorts with her lowly than low born courtiers. 

Finally Better UI scailing mod works with this mod.
If you are using Better UI scailing mod with this mod, slaves tab won't show up.

solution:
1 : Download the file below. Copy and paste the file into your Better Ui scailing mod folder/gui ex: "mod\Better UI Scaling\gui"

What I changed:

open both window_character.gui files of this mod and Better UI Scaling in notepad

find the lines in both files

### TABS
                hbox = {
                }
copy the lines of hbox in Carnalitas Slavery Expansion file and paste into Better Ui scailing file and overwrite

find the lines
                    ####################################
                    ########## RELATIONS TAB ###########

Above this line, write something like this

############ SLAVES TAB ############

using = sm_slaves_tab

find the lines in both files

widget = {
                        name = "relations"
                    }

copy the lines of widget in Carnalitas Slavery Expansion file and paste into Better Ui scailing file and overwrite

version of Carnalitas Slavery Expansion
2022 July 19
version of Better Ui scailing 2022/8/10

window_character.gui

Edited by yj421
16 hours ago, ptp190 said:

How does one remove the cap for slaves set for forced labor? Eventually one has so many of them, they have nothing to do. Totally understand the limitations on prostitution. It sorts itself out with the great pox and lovers pox. 

In "Carnalitas Slavery Expansion\common\script_values" you will find the limit numbers for this mod.

You are searching for "fl_max_labour_slaves_per_owner" in "fl_labour_slave_script_values.txt"

On 8/29/2022 at 4:08 AM, ptp190 said:

Could there be a decision to castrate slaves upon birth or a choice to castrate them alongside of the brand or murder slave options? It's like a contingency plan if they run away or decide to seduce anyone (it happens). This isn't a problem. But I think it's something that could help the realm ?. My heiress got a little out of sorts with her lowly than low born courtiers. 

Aside from the running away bug, does it not work when you apply birth control on them?

On 9/2/2022 at 7:53 PM, LordDGP said:

Aside from the running away bug, does it not work when you apply birth control on them?

I have never actually used the birth control system yet. I might have trying to save my realm from going to my brother or something. I'll have to look into this. My concern is when a slave gets freed, that they can't breed. Like it's a loss prevention plan. So like even if they run they can't procreate. Sounds mean but it's like if I enslave a rival and they escape, I'd rather they not make new kin to bother me in the future. So I castrate him now and then do my bidding till its over.

15 hours ago, Suedah said:

has anyone tested to see if this works with the new DLC still?

I ran it solely with Carnalitas. Wasn't sure if the memory system worked well with this or the main mod. I didn't see any issues. Most of the mods having issues are graphic ones from what I can tell. I still need to test; cbo and the character body overhaul mod. Still considering if there could be an option now that "loyal" is a trait to have that integrated into this mod. Just so slaves don't go off joining factions or killing people. Also the castration as a choice or option when enslaving someone. "Castrate and enslave". 

7 hours ago, ptp190 said:

I didn't see any issues.

Both Carnalitas and my mod need to integrate Bastion's GUI changes into the mods.

Pushed an update for my part, until Carnalitas is officially fixed you will need my unofficial fix.

ZIP only contains the updated files. Simply extract and replace Carnalitas's old files.

Unofficial Carnalitas GUI Fix for 1.7.0.zip

Edited by LordDGP
47 minutes ago, LordDGP said:

Both Carnalitas and my mod need to integrate Bastion's GUI changes into the mods.

Pushed an update for my part, until Carnalitas is officially fixed you will need my unofficial fix.

ZIP only contains the updated files. Simply extract and replace Carnalitas's old files.

Unofficial Carnalitas GUI Fix for 1.7.0.zip 23.75 kB · 1 download

After reading the forum here and playing a game I didn't notice I didn't get the memories part of the new update. Everything seemed fine until a crash. Eventually played a no mod Ironman game and made portugal just to try everything. Will test your update to see how it fits in with the new update. Truthfully missed having slaves so much. I didn't expect that it would really affect my play style and my approach to how I play the game. What I did notice when I was playing with the mod before was more people were dying to forced labor. This was completely fine due in part to many of them having caught an illness or were wounded to begin with. I did also notice something in the carnalitas thread that slaves were having kids on their own? I didn't notice that in my game where I ran your mod and Carnalitas. 

16 hours ago, tnwhr34 said:

I am very new to installing mods that aren't from the workshop... could anyone give me a bit of a heads up on how to install. I've been struggling for like two hours

Carnalitas followed by slavery expansion. I try to keep those on top unless somewhere on the forum it says otherwise. Check the launcher first. Be sure you don't have red triangles next to the mod name. Turn them off if they have them. Mods like these are manually installed by using 7zip or winrip to extract files into your paradox, ck3, mods folder. You find this in your documents folder in your pc. Takes a bit of doing but once you find out how to do this properly you're set. Know updating these mods it's best to delete old folders and icons first. Do not overwrite. Drag and drop new files where the old ones used to be. It's safer and provides a clean install. 

https://catalogue.smods.ru/game/crusader-kings-iii/

This mod so far seems to pair well with yours. It solves the slaves getting pregnant or running seductive schemes on other slaves thus giving birth to unwanted/random ones. Or courtiers having affairs with slaves that are male. However, like torture, you have to wait a little bit for the event to occur. Once it happens you'll see the imprisoned will remain in prison for you to either enslave them or let them go. Still need to run more tests but so far everything seems fine. Personally, I like allowing my slave soldiers the ability to breed. But if you guys were to roleplay the unsullied from game of thrones. This will help. Although it would be nice to not inccurr tyranny from imprisoning a slave to do this. Or to have an event when a slave is born to castrate them as well as possibly name them. Although I can see how that can be annoying. 

Screenshot_20220913-175912_Chrome.jpg

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2216775910

Another great mod that pairs well with the last mod I shared as well as this one. It takes a bit of scheming but it's worth it. You get slaves who can marry imprisoned slaves. What you do is make sure they're converted to your religion if they're already a slave, then you imprison them and force marry them to another slave. Works great. Helps with rewarding your slave soldiers so their line grows forever. Also helps when they get too expensive and old. You can just set them free and give them land or you can just marry them a bunch of slave gals to have at with. To your retirement my good man. This does not help with slaves murdering each other. It happens.