[mod] Carnalitas Slavery Expansion

Yeah it works just find for me, I made it tie in nicely with regula magistri as well and I use it with character ui overhaul + Carns Arousal Framework after  quick compatch.  This works well with Slavery Reimagined. I had to tweak and edit a few stuff in this mod but it works as is. 

1 hour ago, Sok Bojowy said:

Hey guys, can anybody confirm that legitimized bastards that were previously slaves can't inherit in your games also? Or is it just a bug in my build?

It's not clear here whether they are still a slave or not.  The Carnalitas trait for a "Slave" does prevent inheritance, but when that is changed to the trait "Former Slave" that restriction disappears.  So you'd need to check whether legitimising them is freeing them from slavery or not.  If they still have the slave trait, then no they won't inherit.

11 hours ago, GallowsUK said:

It's not clear here whether they are still a slave or not.  The Carnalitas trait for a "Slave" does prevent inheritance, but when that is changed to the trait "Former Slave" that restriction disappears.  So you'd need to check whether legitimising them is freeing them from slavery or not.  If they still have the slave trait, then no they won't inherit.

They were indeed legitimized and had been former slaves. The oldest male turned to be my heir for like 2-3 in game mmonths and then stopped being my heir.

5 hours ago, Sok Bojowy said:

They were indeed legitimized and had been former slaves. The oldest male turned to be my heir for like 2-3 in game mmonths and then stopped being my heir.

If they stopped being your heir without being a slave, it feels like something else is the cause.

15 hours ago, Sok Bojowy said:

To have a slave be your heir you need to Adopt it ... it also changes the dynasty (incase of Matrilinear marriage ) 

So it becomes a former slave but of your dynasty. 

So nothing to do with Legitimized bastard . since slaves can't be heir at all. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 8:10 AM, Kingskunk said:

Yeah it works just find for me, I made it tie in nicely with regula magistri as well and I use it with character ui overhaul + Carns Arousal Framework after  quick compatch.  This works well with Slavery Reimagined. I had to tweak and edit a few stuff in this mod but it works as is. 

By any chance could you share that patch?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SadPianist said:

Whenever income arrives from slave prostitutes, it comes with a massive 1,000+ piety hit despite my religion being set to "slave prostitution" crime doctrine. This occurs for both righteous and hostile faith slaves. It seems like a bug.

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 5.01.04 PM.png

you need to change the rule

slave prostitution - only slaves can be prostitutes

shunned - looked down on

accepted - anyone can prostitute

criminal - you have a penalty

12 hours ago, nananasha2 said:

you need to change the rule

slave prostitution - only slaves can be prostitutes

shunned - looked down on

accepted - anyone can prostitute

criminal - you have a penalty

I think you're right that changing the rule should fix the piety loss, but the slave prostitution rule seems broken then. I have the slave prostitution rule and only my slaves are prostitutes. It still gives me the huge piety loss though. Under my understanding of the rule, that arrangement should be acceptable. The 1,000+ piety hits are also from having just 3 slave prostitutes, which seems astronomically high even if prostitution was shunned or criminal. My character has -20,000 piety after just a few years xD.

Edited by SadPianist
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Hope someone can help. Cant seem to get this mod working.
Using the latest carnitas, as i'm on 1.8.2 - so finally could get Carnitas working.
Added this - but all I still get is buy or sel, start prostitution.

Any hints or tips ?
Its in the last spot  - Carnitas and then this mod.

16 hours ago, Valmion said:

Works for me, are you using version 2.0 of Carnalitas?

Not working for me either. It's causing an admittedly fairly amusing issue where the player character's displayed twice in the character screen, both in the usual and in the spouse spot. (Also all character traits seem MIA.)

This is with Carnalitas 2.0, yes.

1 hour ago, whatevs123 said:

Not working for me either. It's causing an admittedly fairly amusing issue where the player character's displayed twice in the character screen, both in the usual and in the spouse spot. (Also all character traits seem MIA.)

This is with Carnalitas 2.0, yes.

Is it located right after Carnalitas 2.0 in your mod order, it needs to be the one right after Carnalitas.  Let me know if that fixed it.

4 hours ago, Valmion said:

Is it located right after Carnalitas 2.0 in your mod order, it needs to be the one right after Carnalitas.  Let me know if that fixed it.

I tried that and it still doesnt work, very glitchy, characters showing duplicates when clicked on