[mod] Carnalitas Slavery Expansion

Carnalitas Slavery Expansion

If you want to support me: You could buy me a coffee❤️

Check out my other Mod Gender Laws Expanded!

Carnalitas Slavery Expansion
expands on the Slavery System introduced in Carnalitas and tries to flesh out that part a bit more.
This mod introduces several new slave types and new interactions to work with.

Balance might be a bit wonky, but will improve based on your feedback!

Features

Slave Prostitution Doctrine:

Adds a Slave Prostitution Doctrine to the existing Prostitution Doctrines.

Basically Prostitution is still shunned, but you won't lose piety by forcing your slaves into prostitution.

Also increases the money your slaves make.

New "Demand Sex" Interaction:

You will no longer be able to "Make Love" with your slaves. Instead you will be able to demand Sex with your slave.

This new interaction gives you the opportunity to have sex with anyone you have a hook on, including slaves.

Sex slaves are an exception though, demanding sex with them does not use their hook.

New Birth Control Interactions:

Instead of having a decision to use birth control you now get an interaction to start birth control on yourself, your consorts, your unmarried children, unmarried lovers at your court or slaves.

Players can choose between two options:

• Classic Birth Control
  • Chastity Belt

Classic Birth Control gives a -100% fertility penalty and does reduce the pregnancy chance when having sex.

The chastity belt gives a -1000% fertility penalty, affects adultery triggers (treating the character like a chaste person) and will undress for sex.

New Gender Focus Interactions:

Players will be able influence the gender of newborns by using the interaction on yourself, your consorts, your unmarried children, unmarried lovers at your court or slaves.

New Slavery Tab:

Instead of being listed under relations, slaves will have their own tab on the character window, giving you a good overview which of your slaves is working in which category.

This is needed to keep track of the newly introduced slave types!

Labour Slaves:

A labour slave earns gold by working for their owner. The performance of a labour slave is based on their prowess.

An especially skilled labour slave levels the hunter lifestyle trait. The health of labour slaves take a hit due to the hard work.

Slave Soldiers:

A slave soldier gains prestige by serving in your army. The performance of a slave soldier is based on their prowess. An especially skilled slave soldier may become a talented Blademaster or even a great Commander, enabling them to lead armies as slave commanders. Skilled slave soldiers and commanders do cost gold though, as they are paid like mercenaries (see Mamluks).

Sex Slaves:

A sex slave is sexually available for their owner. They gather experience by having intercourse. Sex slaves with high attraction can be offered to other characters as a gift.

New Interactions to reveal or adopt children of Slaves:

Reveal the fathers of the children born in slavery and even adopt them by using one of two new interactions!

New Abdication Interaction:

Right click on your character to use the new abdication interaction, which also transfers all of your slaves to your primary heir!

Compatibility

Replaces/edits some vanilla files:

• might_cheat_on_partner_trigger in 00_romance_and_seduction_triggers.txt
  • can_be_warrior_trigger in 00_war_and_peace_triggers.txt
  • can_be_commander_basic_trigger in 00_war_and_peace_triggers.txt
  • window_character.gui

Replaces/edits some files in Carnalitas:

• carn_doctrine_prostitution in carn_doctrines.txt
  • carn_accepts_prostitution_trigger in carn_prostitution_triggers.txt
  • carn_slave_prostitution_values.txt
  • carn_slave_prostitution_events.txt
  • carn_prostitution_doctrine_seeding_effects.txt
  • carn_prostitution_default_religious_doctrine in carn_game_rules.txt
  • carn_birth_control_decisions.txt
  • carn_had_sex_with_effect.txt
  • carn_sex_interaction_triggers.txt
  • carn_force_start_prostitution_interaction.txt
  • slave in carn_slave_relations.txt
  • carn_sex_interaction.txt
  • carn_slave_events.txt

This mods also contains a fix where slave prostitutes would not stop working when freed.

Installation

• This mod is save-game compatible! If you already have slaves in your save-game, right click on yourself and use the interaction "Setup Slave Categories".
  • Please delete older versions of this mod (Including my stand-alone mods "Forced Labour" and "Slave Prostitution Doctrine") before installing!

Supported Languages:

• English
  • German

Load Order

LOAD ORDER without PA:

1. Carnalitas
  2. Carnalitas Slavery Expansion

LOAD ORDER with PA:

1. Carnalitas
  2. CBO
  3. Physical Attributes
  4. Carnalitas Slavery Expansion
  5. Carnalitas Slavery Expansion - PA Compatch

Permissions Policy

You may use Slavery Expanded in your mod, but you MUST credit the author on your mod's description page.

Credits

Interaction icons taken from Interaction Icon Project Full

Everyone on the CK3 Mod Co-op Discord Server for answering my numerous questions!

Cheri for creating Carnalitas ;)

Tutorial on how to add the slave tab to your custom window_character.gui

Spoiler
  •  Find the BOTTOM AREA section and replace all buttons with
using = sm_slaves_button

image.png.3f75eefe2122d293567bba7aa2c8b774.png

• Find the RELATIONS TAB section and add before it
####################################
############ SLAVES TAB ############
####################################

using = sm_slaves_tab

• Edit the widget visibility of the relations tab to look like this
visible = "[And(CharacterWindow.IsTabShown('relations'), GetVariableSystem.HasValue( 'character_window_tab', 'relations' ))]"

image.png.7f26fc2a57b7dbac6a2953728c0b44e2.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2022 at 10:06 AM, Rabe said:

Hello. This mod seems to be something what I've been looking for. However, is there a possibility to add this modded doctrine as the default doctrine in the game rules?

Should be possible, I'll look into it.

• 1 month later...

New game with custom ruler of Uppland.

Only been playing a couple of hour but so far everything working great. Just got my first two slaves and set one to prostitution.

On 4/15/2022 at 1:11 AM, LordDGP said:

New Slavery Tab:

Instead of being listed under relations, slaves will have their own tab on the character window,

I didn't see that in-game but I'll have another look now I know it's on the character window (whatever that is).

For anyone who is interested, this mod seems to be working nicely with Regula Magistri.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

I didn't see that in-game but I'll have another look now I know it's on the character window (whatever that is).

The character window is the window you see when you click on a character.

There you see multiple tabs (vanilla: family, relationships, courtiers, vassals). My mod adds the tab „Slaves“ to them.

Unfortunately every mod that edits anything on this window has to overwrite the entire file, making it incompatible with mods like physical attributes (will still work, just the special attributes won‘t show). Would need a special compatch.

Edited by LordDGP
16 minutes ago, LordDGP said:

There you see multiple tabs (vanilla: family, relationships, courtiers, vassals). My mod adds the tab „Slaves“ to them.

Unfortunately every mod that edits anything on this window has to overwrite the entire file, making it incompatible with mods like physical attributes (will still work, just the special attributes won‘t show). Would need a special compatch.

Thanks for mod. Can you do compatibility with this mod(i mean physical attributes and submods, when mods updated to this version ck3).

18 minutes ago, R3g1cide said:

Thanks for mod. Can you do compatibility with this mod(i mean physical attributes and submods, when mods updated to this version ck3).

I will, but I won't make one for every mod in existence. For that I created the tutorial in the mod description :)

Will upload a compatch for physical attributes soon.

1 hour ago, LordDGP said:

Thanks but I managed to find it. Drives me crackers the way CK3 has info all over the place and in farting little windows, e.g. vassals, courtiers, etc.

I don't use PA, I prefer CBO Vanilla.

Still only got two prostitutes but the money has gone up from 6 to 9 gold. One of the girls is now doubling and my spymaster. ? Does prostitution bump intrigue? I generally check prisoner stats to see if they are worth recruiting but I made these two prostitutes which suggests I didn't see anything good but now they both have good intrigue.

10 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Thanks but I managed to find it. Drives me crackers the way CK3 has info all over the place and in farting little windows, e.g. vassals, courtiers, etc.

I don't use PA, I prefer CBO Vanilla.

Still only got two prostitutes but the money has gone up from 6 to 9 gold. One of the girls is now doubling and my spymaster. ? Does prostitution bump intrigue? I generally check prisoner stats to see if they are worth recruiting but I made these two prostitutes which suggests I didn't see anything good but now they both have good intrigue.

Carnalitas' prostitute trait does increase intrigue, but this is nothing I added/changed.

I did increase the money they make :P

2 hours ago, LordDGP said:

I did increase the money they make

Never a bad thing, IMO. ?

I'm not having much luck - apart from those two right at the start all the prisoners have been male and over 40. ☹️ Now the two girls are retired. :classic_sad:  You'd think running around Scandinavia I'd find some hot totty somewhere. ?

I have used the forced labour part as it's not my thing but every other part of the mod is doing great. Prostituting, buying and selling, notification when they get too old. Sex slave part and slave soldier working fine too. I'm not sure if the slave soldier does anything other than give you prestige?

Top job. Thanks.

10 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I have used the forced labour part as it's not my thing but every other part of the mod is doing great. Prostituting, buying and selling, notification when they get too old. Sex slave part and slave soldier working fine too. I'm not sure if the slave soldier does anything other than give you prestige?

Top job. Thanks.

Glad to hear!

Slave soldiers can be used as knights in your army, slave commanders can be set as commanders of your army (both regardless of gender).

Edited by LordDGP
9 hours ago, LordDGP said:

Slave soldiers can be used as knights in your army, slave commanders can be set as commanders of your army.

I'll keep an eye on that. I recently did the tribal to feudal switch so I haven't done much warring while I wait for my economy to sort itself out.

Edited by Grey Cloud

I'm excited for your mod. Will be giving it a try later this evening or over the weekend. Been doing the old fashioned debug mod for certain things so we'll see how your mod improves this. I know it will a lot since by reading the feedback, it's right on in terms of what I'm looking for

16 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I had a war but forgot about the slave soldiers (also forgot about the Varangian Vets) ?

What is the difference with recruits/the middle one/commander?

Just like I said:

• Slave Recruits are minors in preparation to be soldiers
  • Slave soldiers can be used as knights in your army
  • Slave commanders can be set as commanders of your army (both regardless of gender).

They level up the longer they are military slaves.