[mod] Calcifire's Portrait Pack

Hey, I have a Question

why are some portraits locked off from being the ruler portrait?

and this isn't really a question more of a weird problem the descriptor files path seems to be broken but when I checked the path it seemed fine.

descripter.PNG

Edited by Kurtkaga
1 hour ago, Kurtkaga said:

Hey, I have a Question

and this isn't really a question more of a weird problem the descriptor files path seems to be broken but when I checked the path it seemed fine.

descripter.PNG

To fix the descriptor the fastest way is to go to Mods in the launcher and click Mod Tools. There you have the option to click Create A Mod. Once there fill out the information and click the green Create Mod button. Go to your Stellaris mod folder in My Documents and copy everything from the downloaded mod you have then past it into the new mod you just created. Voila your mod will show up just fine without errors. You can even do the same thing if the .mod file is messed up or missing.

Fantastic mod. Have you considered making a standalone version for the traits? I'd like to use the standalone portraits with the traits.

EDIT: A little workaround to this is by deleting all of the species_classes files in the directors cut with the exception of "babe_species_classes". Doing this seems to achieve what I was looking for.

Edited by trilosis
11 hours ago, SamIAmHam said:

To fix the descriptor the fastest way is to go to Mods in the launcher and click Mod Tools. There you have the option to click Create A Mod. Once there fill out the information and click the green Create Mod button. Go to your Stellaris mod folder in My Documents and copy everything from the downloaded mod you have then past it into the new mod you just created. Voila your mod will show up just fine without errors. You can even do the same thing if the .mod file is messed up or missing.

Thanks I already did this but could you answer the question I asked before my problem?

1 minute ago, Kurtkaga said:

Thanks I already did this but could you answer the question I asked before my problem?

How would I be able to answer your question when I don't mod Stellaris? I did the best I could which was to help you with the other part.

8 hours ago, Kurtkaga said:

Go to your Stellaris/mod folder. Find the file calcifires_portrait_pack_DIRECTORS_CUT.mod
Find the line that says path="C:\\ ...."
Change this so that line looks like this:
path="mod/calcifires_portrait_pack_DIRECTORS_CUT"

Now, save the file, and restart the launcher and try again. Should fix it.

On 7/21/2021 at 12:45 AM, Kurtkaga said:

Hey, I have a Question

descripter.PNG

Stellaris is kind of a lore RP esque experience. It was just my personal choice that some of the species portraits would look good as population, but not so much as "leaders". There wasn't any real rhyme or reason to this other than just, it didn't feel right having this version of the species ruling the empire sometimes.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:21 AM, trilosis said:

Fantastic mod. Have you considered making a standalone version for the traits? I'd like to use the standalone portraits with the traits.

EDIT: A little workaround to this is by deleting all of the species_classes files in the directors cut with the exception of "babe_species_classes". Doing this seems to achieve what I was looking for.

Actually I was thinking of submitting more of a modder's resource for the traits. I plan I making the art assets for the traits free for eveyone to use soon here. It'll including .PSD files for the trait icons. But yeh, kk Standalone traits, I can do that too, sure. Just give me a couple days. It won't have a unique page, you'll be able to find it here...

On 7/21/2021 at 10:01 AM, WarLedy said:

Why cost 0? lv_species_traits file. And edit your file *.mod - (path="C:/Users/Gear Pussy/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/mod/calcifires_portrait_pack_DIRECTORS_CUT"), need (mod/calcifires_portrait_pack_DIRECTORS_CUT).

Woops, I'll get a fix out for that soon. Should be up now. God dammit, It's like I came to work with my fly down on that one

As for zero cost, man. When you've got 180 or so traits to pick from, you aren't thinking about game balance anymore. The AI will generate empires with only like a couple traits, but i think we as players should set our on limits on that.

Edited by Calcifire
On 7/20/2021 at 5:09 PM, Bloodly said:

Traits, huh?  Got examples?

Most of it builds on top of Lustful_Void. For example, Lustful_Void has Wide_Hips and Breeder_Hips but not negative trait for Small_Hips. Stuff like that. Or like how Lustful_Void had an Erogenous_Anus trait and I thought, well why not apply that to everything, right? So I threw in a few more "Hypsensative X" traits. Overall, nothing fancy. I don't have anything that changes how the game works, it's all meant to add more flavor.

36 minutes ago, Calcifire said:

Most of it builds on top of Lustful_Void. For example, Lustful_Void has Wide_Hips and Breeder_Hips but not negative trait for Small_Hips. Stuff like that. Or like how Lustful_Void had an Erogenous_Anus trait and I thought, well why not apply that to everything, right? So I threw in a few more "Hypsensative X" traits. Overall, nothing fancy. I don't have anything that changes how the game works, it's all meant to add more flavor.

I would recommend that you split the traits from the portraits. That way people like me who don't like the art can at least use the traits. LOL

Cool mod!

Just a question though, is this mod not compatible with the LV mono-gender traits? I seem to be getting pop portraits where both genders are represented despite the species having the trait in question. Basically, wondering if this is a thing with the mod itself or something else on my end.

58 minutes ago, Carryonfapping said:

Cool mod!

Just a question though, is this mod not compatible with the LV mono-gender traits? I seem to be getting pop portraits where both genders are represented despite the species having the trait in question. Basically, wondering if this is a thing with the mod itself or something else on my end.

Non-leader pops don't even have a virtual gender assigned to them by the game. That's just the way Stellaris is. So unfortunately, neither LV or myself can really do anything about that.

But if you are like me and you fill your galaxies with custom empires, instead of randomized ones, then you can go into the "0b_portraits_SPECIES_NAME.txt" files and edit them. All you have to do is find the...

Spoiler

pop = {
            add = {
                portraits = {
                    psyker_female_1
                    psyker_female_2
                    psyker_female_3
                    psyker_female_4
                    psyker_female_5
                    psyker_female_6
                    psyker_female_7
                    psyker_female_8
                    psyker_female_9
                    psyker_female_10
                    psyker_female_11
                    psyker_female_12
                    psyker_male_1
                    psyker_male_2
                }
            }
        }

...section and delete all the males or females from the list. Whichever you prefer. Doing this won't effect the leader portraits, but just be aware that this isn't a real solution. But hey, it's better than seeing dudes getting their nonexistent breasts milked at the local dairy cow farm.

31 minutes ago, Calcifire said:

Non-leader pops don't even have a virtual gender assigned to them by the game. That's just the way Stellaris is. So unfortunately, neither LV or myself can really do anything about that.

Wait, really? I could swear that it worked with base game portraits when I last took this game for a spin (which is why I asked), but admittedly it's been like a year and I might just be going crazy.

Regardless, thanks for taking the time to answer!