[mod] Calcifire's Portrait Pack

Given that the "Base Game Portraits Gender Patch" was only meant to be used with the base game and not mods that replace the species wholesale like Calcifire's Portrait Pack does I'd assume they are incompatible. Even if the Gender Patch did work I don't think it would actually affect any of Calcifire's portraits since they use different files compared to the stock game.

Edited by Railgunner2160
18 hours ago, Papersword said:

Not sure if I should post this here or on LV's page, probably going to double post. I downloaded the Base Game Portraits Gender Patch from LV in order to get the All Male/Female/Futa traits to show the right genders on the pop screens. All the leaders are the correct gender, but the pops show both. Not sure if this is something that is expected to happen or not. Also, for the Human portraits, the sort of punk looking grey skinned species with leather and combat helmets, there's a blank portrait that appears occasionally. Maybe once or twice in the pops screen and for a leader or two. 

The LV gender patch, is just for the vanilla game and was not made for my mod. So it's working as intended... Now, I mean, I would still need to create my own patch for my mod. I will say though that I'm never going to spend the time to do futa variants for all 75 species. Sorry. However, getting the genders working on the pops would be nice, it'll just be a lot of work. I'll make it next on my todo list.

Good catch on the missing portrait bug for the humanoid with the big hands. I've tracked it down and squashed it, but it's not a game breaking issue so I won't be releasing a hotfix until I have a more substantial update to release.

1 hour ago, Calcifire said:

The LV gender patch, is just for the vanilla game and was not made for my mod. So it's working as intended... Now, I mean, I would still need to create my own patch for my mod. I will say though that I'm never going to spend the time to do futa variants for all 75 species. Sorry. However, getting the genders working on the pops would be nice, it'll just be a lot of work. I'll make it next on my todo list.

Good catch on the missing portrait bug for the humanoid with the big hands. I've tracked it down and squashed it, but it's not a game breaking issue so I won't be releasing a hotfix until I have a more substantial update to release.

I see. I had figured since your mod was a replacement of the vanilla portraits, not additional, that the patch would work straight across. Though, I'm very unfamiliar with how Stellaris modding works. No problem! I just wanted to check if my setup wasn't working as intended. Definitely think doing a Futa variant for all the portraits would be a lot of work to ask for. Thanks for the effort you've put into this. 

On 10/31/2021 at 5:43 AM, Papersword said:

I think i have a good solution to that thou half-assed. Just segregate assets that you have to aditional separate species.

On 11/1/2021 at 1:25 AM, Predeiter said:

Hi, nice mod. In future it will be male robot portrets ?

+ to that. It would be nice to have portraits for male fuckbots. Also suggestion for new species: Futa Deathclaws species.

On 11/2/2021 at 9:44 AM, unwashed biomass said:

+ to that. It would be nice to have portraits for male fuckbots. Also suggestion for new species: Futa Deathclaws species.

Be careful what you wish for.... Mecha Robot Deathclaw Futas have been added to the TODO list

On 9/30/2021 at 12:40 PM, Calcifire said:

No promises for the lizard girls getting a new pose, but I mean... I can still at least share what they looked like before I cropped out their heads.

::Cursed Image spoiler warning::

Hide contents

Face Reveal.jpg

This is a late response but I was coming back in to check for updates and I saw this gem.

Snek Girl is best girl.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, doctorpotato said:

I am about to buy this game, what dlc do I need if any to get this mod  to work?

Currently, there's an incompatibility for me where some of the latest dlc content i.e the ship set, origins, hydrocentric ascension perk, and angler civic do not appear. The name set, aquatic advisor, and aquatic species trait do appear. I presume this mod causes the incompatibilities since disabling it causes the aforementioned missing content to reappear

48 minutes ago, Skaven yes-yes said:

Currently, there's an incompatibility for me where some of the latest dlc content i.e the ship set, origins, hydrocentric ascension perk, and angler civic do not appear. The name set, aquatic advisor, and aquatic species trait do appear. I presume this mod causes the incompatibilities since disabling it causes the aforementioned missing content to reappear

I guess I should ask, I want to only buy the base game but want the most bang from this mod and the lust one without having to buy all the dlc, do I need the other species to have these ones show up? Do I need one of the big dlc story missions for this to work?

Or are these mods unlike skyrim and such and just work out of the box like darkest dungeon 

3 hours ago, Skaven yes-yes said:

The new aquatic species DLC came out today and I just got off work. I'll have a new version up and ready for the current version of the game as soon as possible.

6 minutes ago, Calcifire said:

The new aquatic species DLC came out today and I just got off work. I'll have a new version up and ready for the current version of the game as soon as possible.

Oh oh the creator of the mod, ok ok I want to get this game and use your mods, what dlc do you feel would be best to get the most out of your mod (I plan on using your directors cut and lustful void)

5 hours ago, doctorpotato said:

I am about to buy this game, what dlc do I need if any to get this mod  to work?

Species pack are the only soft requirements. You'll have access to a majority of the mod's content without them, but for example. I have made custom artwork for the species that are found in the Plantoids, Lithoids, Humanoids, Necroids, and Aquatics DLCs.

2 minutes ago, Calcifire said:

Species pack are the only soft requirements. You'll have access to a majority of the mod's content without them, but for example. I have made custom artwork for the species that are found in the Plantoids, Lithoids, Humanoids, Necroids, and Aquatics DLCs.

Ok thank you for the quick reply, never played this game so going off reviews on dlc if I should get them or not (not alot of love for the species packs) people seem to love utopia tho.

Anyways thanks for the reply 

5 minutes ago, doctorpotato said:

Oh oh the creator of the mod, ok ok I want to get this game and use your mods, what dlc do you feel would be best to get the most out of your mod (I plan on using your directors cut and lustful void)

I would just play vanilla for now. See if you like the game first before throwing more money at it. The species packs are very light, overall, and feel like your buying cosmetics to support the game, rather than true content.