Zaz Animation Pack V7.0 [2017-05-16]

A clean save isn't needed with this, I simply updated to the new version, ran FNIS and that was all and have had no issues.

it's true that it's probably not necessary in many cases, but it is still best practice.

Hi ZaZ,

Not sure if it is a texture bug. 

Log from crash fix:

"Game has crashed while reading binary data stream! This could indicate a corrupt NIF file. Here are the last opened files starting from most recent:

'...\TEXTURES\ZaZ\003Leather\AllLeather01_n.dds ...'

"

I got CTD quite a lot by this problem while using version 7. 

Do you have idea on how to fix this problem?

post-1089039-0-83926700-1497708853_thumb.png

Hi ZaZ,

Not sure if it is a texture bug. 

Log from crash fix:

"Game has crashed while reading binary data stream! This could indicate a corrupt NIF file. Here are the last opened files starting from most recent:

'...\TEXTURES\ZaZ\003Leather\AllLeather01_n.dds ...'

"

I got CTD quite a lot by this problem while using version 7. 

Do you have idea on how to fix this problem?

OK I found the solution here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/353915953246003906/

Deleting plugins.txt and loadorder.txt from ...\ModOrganizer\profiles\[profile name] does work as a temp solution...  :P

Question for anyone who may know. I know just enough Skyrim modding to get myself in trouble and not quite enough to get myself out.

I'm fiddling with adding a slave leash using the zbfSlaveLeash api to the player to follow another NPC with an unrelated AI package running. 

The SetSimpleFollowPackages is pretty much exactly what I need, sets the Player to leash the NPC without interrupting the NPC AI package.

Relevant section of the scripting is:

_qZbfSlaveLeash.SetMaster(aNewMaster)
_qZbfSlaveLeash.SetDistances(iLeashLength, fTeleLeashLength)
_qZbfSlaveLeash.StartLeash("My Leash", "My Leash")
_qZbfSlaveLeash.SetSimpleFollowPackages()

where qZbfSlaveLeash is the result of calling the GetApi function. The player has also been registered with slaveControl via EnslaveActor and SetPlayerMaster in case that is relevant.

I see the leash running and the debug log shows me everything I expect to see happening. At iLeashLength distance I see the log notification for 'ForceControl state' and the AI counter goes up as expected. But the player just stands there until we hit teleport range and then we port. Manually toggling AI control via the MCM does the same thing, player simply stands there. 

Looking at the zbfSlaveLeash code, I see it uses the SimpleFollowMaster alias, which links over to the zbfSlaveFollowMaster behavior package. That package sets a follow AI rule thingie using the target ref alias of ActionsMaster. Checking with sqv I can confirm that ActionsMaster is not being set. I'm probably being dense, but what do I need to do to fill that? I've used TES5Edit to alter the Zaz esm and changed the Package to target LeashMaster instead and everything works exactly as I'd expect. If the player exceeds leash distance the AI kicks in and runs the player back to the targeted NPC and will happily follow that NPC all over Skyrim. 

Following up on myself, I found the alias is filled over in zbfSlaveActions, which isn't externally accessible outside of the specific actions inside zbfSlaveActions. Looks like the leash api isn't intended for external use?

Hello :) Is there any reason why I can't control my character once I am enslaved either via DEC or SD+ except when I click on "Restore" under the player control tab in the MCM of Zaz Anim Pack? Well, to be specific I can control her for a few seconds but then I am instantly frozen again. I tried the following which did not work ; 

Forcing AI control(In hopes that this should be on so my character could function automatically I guess)

Resetting AI

Manually toggling player allowed actions from a list in the MCM, such as fighting, sneaking, movement ETC

Tweaking leash distances

Tweaking time it takes for AI to attempt to take control again

I mean I don't mind being controlled if that's intentional but my character just stays there frozen permanently, only changes direction if I enter combat mode, that's all. And my master just sits there staring at me, or occasionally walks away but then runs back.

As you understand this is becoming quite frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

PS. Both DEC and SD+ are not responsible for this situation, they work fine individually. It's when Zaz kicks in during Human enslavement(Being enslaved by Human NPCs) that this happens.

Hey forgive the self bump but it's been a few days now and I have to wonder, noone else has experienced this? Or anything similar?

Hello :) Is there any reason why I can't control my character once I am enslaved either via DEC or SD+ except when I click on "Restore" under the player control tab in the MCM of Zaz Anim Pack? Well, to be specific I can control her for a few seconds but then I am instantly frozen again. I tried the following which did not work ; 

Forcing AI control(In hopes that this should be on so my character could function automatically I guess)

Resetting AI

Manually toggling player allowed actions from a list in the MCM, such as fighting, sneaking, movement ETC

Tweaking leash distances

Tweaking time it takes for AI to attempt to take control again

I mean I don't mind being controlled if that's intentional but my character just stays there frozen permanently, only changes direction if I enter combat mode, that's all. And my master just sits there staring at me, or occasionally walks away but then runs back.

As you understand this is becoming quite frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

PS. Both DEC and SD+ are not responsible for this situation, they work fine individually. It's when Zaz kicks in during Human enslavement(Being enslaved by Human NPCs) that this happens.

Hey forgive the self bump but it's been a few days now and I have to wonder, noone else has experienced this? Or anything similar?

Happens a lot and it depends on your setup. I'm not a LO nor Papyrus log analyst, but if the steps I give you don't work, post those.

1. In ZaP, go to Player Control Center and hit everything that looks like a Release or Restore.

2. If using DA, click "Reset player state"

3. If using Defeat, stop any running scenes (option is "clean up" I believe).

4. If using POP, hit your "release AI" button, whatever you defined it to be.

5. If using ME, go to the radial Cheating menu and select Release Player.

The 1st step you suggest gives me back control for a few seconds but not permanently, which is why I assumed it is some error related to ZAP specifically. Defeat and POP were not running at that time for sure. Don't know what ME is, if it's Maria Eden(Did I get the mod name right?) I don't have it installed. Never used it.

I'll try DA's MCM, see if that is a permanent solution in such situations otherwise I'll just post a log.

Thank you.

You may also have a device equipped that's hobbling you. Blindfolds can do that in first person depending on your setup. Check your DDi settings, as well as any mods you may be running that have scripted hobbling events, maybe Deviously Cursed Loot or Slaves of Tamriel or Captured Dreams.

Also check your MFG Console displays (if you don't have it, get it) to see what kind of hidden effects you've got running and if there are any devices you can't see in the item menu.

Good luck, I know how irritating it is.

At that time I had no devices on me to the best of my knowledge and I was in 3rd person, while my MCM options regarding devices I always leave on default. I don't mess with that precisely to avoid any issues. I don't use Cursed Loot, SoT nor Captured Dreams :$ I'll look into this MFG console thing you mentioned, sounds useful to have :)

I read on it, went through some discussions and decided it may actually not work well with my set up. I saw a pretty persistent issue with BeingFemale for example and there is no clarification whether or not I should let it overwrite some particular SL files. Same for Female Facial Animation(I think it's called that at least)... Not enough info on what it will change in regards to LL mods.

I read on it, went through some discussions and decided it may actually not work well with my set up. I saw a pretty persistent issue with BeingFemale for example and there is no clarification whether or not I should let it overwrite some particular SL files. Same for Female Facial Animation(I think it's called that at least)... Not enough info on what it will change in regards to LL mods.

Replacing scripts from other mods is not a good course of action and can lead to issues if those mods update or if other mods depend on the functions being changed. There are ways to change another script by creating a script extension (basically a script that modifies another script, it is how I make custom DD items) which would allow you to change just the function you need. If a mod needs to make major changes to other mods major scripts then I wouldn't use it.

• 2 weeks later...

If a mod needs to make major changes to other mods major scripts then I wouldn't use it.

True... Which is why I ultimately did not install any of the 2 mods I mentioned :)

do you perhaps have sexual fame installed? you may need to disable the option that auto equips sub themed stuff.

hi,

a new game with zap (xx.-7.0)  is working well, but:

if I run the ZAP internal updater/refresher, the offset animation "01",  (bound hands) does not work anymore: not by chosing "Wrist Ropes" and not by chosing "Cuffs-Rope", cuffs-rope is still playing the face-animation "fear" but how I explained, the offset animation is not any more available, not reachable by the mechanic by chosing the ropes by the inventory menu.

All other stages (also if I add 4 or 5 new Offset animations) are working perfect as usually, only the first one is not any more available.

That first offset animation (01) can instead be played only by the ZAP internal test-function and by script

This problem occures independently of the versions....and independently of loadorder/system

Anyway, the mod has "gulped" now more than 6 new offset - animations and is working as usually 8like a charme), only this little described issure is strange to me. Also strange is, that one "crossed-hands animation" is called "default" and never used in game by the modding scene...that "crossed hands" position is quiet cute and should be used also like a "standard offset" beneath the "cuff-rope" and "wrist-rope" positions.

{that crossed hands positions was added by an external "additional"-mod in the past-but of course not really needed, because that pose is by default inside of the pack}

I can't rebuild my animations in the MCM. The button doesn't react. This is really boring because I can't use any of my SLAL bound anims. Any help?

...hi, this is normal (the empty folder there)....the single pillory has a different folder(think it is under "static-furniture", or "punishment pillory")-and if you enter the test cell and do not see any of the sky rim attention marker (!), red orange tilted square, then all furniture-stuff is available simply...

"ZaZ-UltimateDataPack\ZaZ - Furniture\Single Pillory\" folder is empty. No pillory showing up during pillory animations. This might be the culprit. I hope this gets fixed soon. Thanks!!

"ZaZ-UltimateDataPack\ZaZ - Furniture\Single Pillory\" folder is empty. No pillory showing up during pillory animations. This might be the culprit. I hope this gets fixed soon. Thanks!!

Check that the following earlier post doesn't apply to you:

Basically, a verson of SLALAnimObj.esp included in some older SLAL packs had an animation object called AOZaZPunishmentPillory, which is exactly the same name as the pillory in ZAP, but with a mesh path pointing to a funnybiz mesh folder.  The problem was the pack I was using did not include those meshes, so the .esp was replacing the pillories in ZAP animations with nothing.  It was a pain in the ass to figure out the issue just because the way it was replacing the object did not show up as a conflict in TES5Edit, but very easy to fix by deleting the offending entry when I found it.

Just mentioning it here so that if you get any more reports of invisible pillories specifically, a simple load order may point out a possible culprit to the user.  No other SLAL packs I had installed had such an issue, because if they did include a piece of ZAP furniture in an animation the animated object did not use the same name.

Basically check if you have SLALAnimObj.esp in your load order, and if you do, try disabling it and test the pillory animations.

I have a problem with the animations, when my character is walking, watch it 

http://imgur.com/rwMpRPT

how can I fix it? :(

Looks like you've got an invisible yoke on. Check your inventory to make sure you have no yokes equipped.

If that doesn't work, or if you have no yokes equipped: In the console, try player.unequipall and that will remove everything your character is wearing.

However, sometimes mods will circumvent this by immediately re-equipping the yoke. In that case, go back into the console (get MFG Console or an equivalent if you don't already have it, which you probably do) and check your character's equipments in the expanded information screen. Look for any equipment that has no name but just a > instead of a name. Look at its id code and enter player.unequipitem <id code> 1, then player.removeitem <id code> 1 until you get a count of 0 in the GetItemCount line and that should get rid of it.

Alternately, if you are using Maria Eden, use its cheat menu to Release Player.

Use ZaP's Player Control Center to Restore anything your character is being prohibited from doing, ie. if you can't open your inventory.

If none of those things work, uninstall Sexlab and all the mods that use it. Uninstall Skyrim and all its DLC's. Uninstall the Steam client. Run Bleachbit on all available HD space. Remove the HD from your computer and disassemble it. Scour the HD platter with hydrochloric acid, then smash it to pieces with a hammer and run it through a wood chipper. Douse your computer with gasoline and set it on fire along with your house or apartment building. Go buy a new computer and try again on a fresh install of Skyrim on the new computer in a new house.