Zaz Animation Pack V7.0 [2017-05-16]

Zaz animations don't play for me. I went to coc zbftestzone and when I clicked on a device my character froze for a couple of seconds but then unfroze. Sexlab says the animations are registered. I've tried a new save but it did not help. I've tried cleaning my save with save game cleaner but still didn't get fix. I have all the latest version of sexlab, fnis, skse. The animations also don't work when used by other mods like Sanguine, Wolfclub, Prsion Overhaul.

This sounds like you have a FNIS problem. Did FNIS tell you anything when you ran it? Did it report the correct version of ZAP?

That helped, before I used Mod Organizer, so now fnis recognizes it. But now when the animation starts it will play but my character will stand still with arms and legs out as if fnis hasn't been run and I can't move my character or camera. Then after a short while it will unfreeze and stop the animation.

Looks like worded my question badly, sorry.

What do i have to do to get the Zaz items to be used alongside the DD items in the many different DD mods?

Mostly just ask the modder to use the items. Some items, like the armbinder, require scripting to work the way it does (struggling out of it, specifically). ZAP items do not have this scripting, so they won't do the same.

Gags function more or less identical across the mods, and should be easy to use directly from ZAP. Most mods would support this "out of the box".

Most items from ZAP are very easy to use: just equip them on the player, and remove them when you're done. If you want modders to support ZAP items, ask them to do so, and send them my way.

I am making some mods that add DD effects to existing items, the items from ZAP are probably next on my list to do. Since most items are the same type as those in DD it will be fairly easy to do.

As it's my first post in this thread, I'd like to start by showing my gratitude to the author for this fantastic mod. Along with the SexLab itself, I believe this mod to be the one which made the whole adult mods we know of even possible. So, thanks much for your effort, and please keep it up the great work :)

By the way, I have a question about the mod. What would be the recommended way to break away from a cyclic animation pose this mod provides?

I know there's an option using either zbfIdleHandsBound/Free or IdleForceDefaultStatus, however they make the character suddenly spring up and its very noticealble especially when breaking away from sitting or laying down animations.

Is there any other way which might provide more natural and smooth transition between animations?

So I'm having issues with my walk/run animations in Whiterun (and Whiterun only, nowhere else). My character's and all the NPC's walking and running animations have been reduced to sliding around with their hands tied behind their backs. Sometimes, one will slide laying down in what looks like the post-assault position of Sexlab Defeat. I'm very confused of what the source of the issue is although Im pretty sure it has something to do with ZAZ because it started after I installed Zaz 6.00 Main. It only happens when I walk or run forewards. It doesnt apply to sprinting, running/walking sideways, or running/walking forwards while looking sideways. 

I cant unisntall ZAZ because then I just CTD.

I;m more than willing to send you my load order or any other info you may need.

So many thanks to you if you can help me with this issue!! 

Edited by chowtime217

So I'm having issues with my walk/run animations in Whiterun (and Whiterun only, nowhere else). My character's and all the NPC's walking and running animations have been reduced to sliding around with their hands tied behind their backs. Sometimes, one will slide laying down in what looks like the post-assault position of Sexlab Defeat. I'm very confused of what the source of the issue is although Im pretty sure it has something to do with ZAZ because it started after I installed Zaz 6.00 Main. It only happens when I walk or run forewards. It doesnt apply to sprinting, running/walking sideways, or running/walking forwards while looking sideways. 

You know I could probably help you if it was the whole world,...but I can't think of one reason why only whiterun is affected.

Unless the cell is refusing to refresh from a improper install (meaning an accidental overwrite of walk/run forward animations.

I'd check in your animation folder first!

if you see in your mesh>actor>character>animation folder if you see any walk and run forwards then just delete them.

Check folders inside the animation folder too (female folder for ex.) looking for and deleting all walk/run forward animations.

if you find any and deleted them,..try booting up skyrim and see if everything is ok

Its ok to delete them all because they the game will default to the skyrim Mesh.bsa and run vanilla walk/run forwards,..so no worries

Zaz animations don't play for me. I went to coc zbftestzone and when I clicked on a device my character froze for a couple of seconds but then unfroze. Sexlab says the animations are registered. I've tried a new save but it did not help. I've tried cleaning my save with save game cleaner but still didn't get fix. I have all the latest version of sexlab, fnis, skse. The animations also don't work when used by other mods like Sanguine, Wolfclub, Prsion Overhaul.

This sounds like you have a FNIS problem. Did FNIS tell you anything when you ran it? Did it report the correct version of ZAP?

That helped, before I used Mod Organizer, so now fnis recognizes it. But now when the animation starts it will play but my character will stand still with arms and legs out as if fnis hasn't been run and I can't move my character or camera. Then after a short while it will unfreeze and stop the animation.

I don't use MO myself, but I guess one possible problem is that generated files (like FNIS will do) are not properly stored in a way that the game can access when it's running. I can't really help you debug this, but my guess is that something is wrong with your setup in that way.

Try playing animations manually, and see if that works. If it doesn't then it's something with your setup.

"player.sae zbfWriOffset01" should play a bound animation on your character. Does that work?

Looks like worded my question badly, sorry.

What do i have to do to get the Zaz items to be used alongside the DD items in the many different DD mods?

Mostly just ask the modder to use the items. Some items, like the armbinder, require scripting to work the way it does (struggling out of it, specifically). ZAP items do not have this scripting, so they won't do the same.

Gags function more or less identical across the mods, and should be easy to use directly from ZAP. Most mods would support this "out of the box".

Most items from ZAP are very easy to use: just equip them on the player, and remove them when you're done. If you want modders to support ZAP items, ask them to do so, and send them my way.

I am making some mods that add DD effects to existing items, the items from ZAP are probably next on my list to do. Since most items are the same type as those in DD it will be fairly easy to do.

I think that this was done for SD+ already. Not sure what happened there, but it may be worth checking out.

I asked a while back, but will animated shackles (i.e. leg irons) find their way into an update? With HDT that should be doable, right? :)

I'd like to do things like that, but I won't promise anything until I find the time to start learning HDT.

As it's my first post in this thread, I'd like to start by showing my gratitude to the author for this fantastic mod. Along with the SexLab itself, I believe this mod to be the one which made the whole adult mods we know of even possible. So, thanks much for your effort, and please keep it up the great work :)

By the way, I have a question about the mod. What would be the recommended way to break away from a cyclic animation pose this mod provides?

I know there's an option using either zbfIdleHandsBound/Free or IdleForceDefaultStatus, however they make the character suddenly spring up and its very noticealble especially when breaking away from sitting or laying down animations.

Is there any other way which might provide more natural and smooth transition between animations?

I haven't thought much about this, but I think that the best way is to find a pose that looks similar to where you start from, but that is "free".

For instance, if you're starting from a hogtied position, then just having a pose of someone lying down may be a good transition point.

This sounds like you're forgetting to run FNIS. Try that and see if it helps, if not uninstall ZAP and re-run FNIS after that.

Uninstalling means removing _all_ the files that you extracted from the zip archives, including all previous versions. Unchecking the mod is not enough.

I haven't thought much about this, but I think that the best way is to find a pose that looks similar to where you start from, but that is "free".

For instance, if you're starting from a hogtied position, then just having a pose of someone lying down may be a good transition point.

I just wish there could be a standard exit animation which doesn't look too unnatural with ZaZAPCxxx poses.

Thanks!