Time doesn't actually seem to be passing when sleeping in the prison bed. I activate, get punished for a bit, then I'm released all in the span of a few in-game hours. Is the "Sentence length limiter" option in the MCM menu just a limit on how many punishments you can receive when in prison? Is it supposed to move the in-game date forward as well?

On 5/12/2023 at 6:27 PM, d2341k said:

I reinstalled the mod, (removed old files, copied new files, LOOT, FNIS, ) and checked TES5Edit, I didn't see the new events or changes to the existing cells, is these hanging events not available on LL?

Nope, its a separate mod. These events are not included in the Prison Alternative base mod and are currently only available to my supporters.

10 hours ago, greenishp said:

Time doesn't actually seem to be passing when sleeping in the prison bed. I activate, get punished for a bit, then I'm released all in the span of a few in-game hours. Is the "Sentence length limiter" option in the MCM menu just a limit on how many punishments you can receive when in prison? Is it supposed to move the in-game date forward as well?

Thats normal. Actual in-game time is not affected to avoid issues with food/needs mods.
Sentence length does indeed only dictate how many punishments you get.

39 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

Thats normal. Actual in-game time is not affected to avoid issues with food/needs mods.
Sentence length does indeed only dictate how many punishments you get.

That makes sense. I do wish there was some sort of workaround that allowed for needs mods to update each time you used the bed, simulating your character eating, sleeping, and drinking while in the cell, but that's probably a lot easier said than done. Regardless, thanks for the quick reply and the cool mod!

is it intentional that i am able to just wait in my cell and then get released normally? Also when i get released normally i lose any red whip marks but when i get released through the mod, i have the marks on me. How long before those marks disappear?

I have encountered 2 issues so far:

1. When my character is led to somewhere and walks automatically, quite often it goes in random/wrong direction. It often causes my character to go into corner and get trapped there forever (as in - she tries to walk somewhere, but just ends up endlessly walking into wall or something).

2. I have noticed that after imprisonment I couldnt use any spells or weapons. Even the ones activated with "z". I didn't have enough time to try and replicate this issue, so I'm not sure what might have caused it.

I'm getting these errors when creating a bashed patch with Wrye Bash.

No idea what they mean.

Spoiler

mod_files.py  250 load: Error in PamaPrisonAlternative.esm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 580, in loadData
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 1187, in load_mel
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 907, in load_frag
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 575, in load_frag
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 959, in load_frag
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 411, in _read_vmad_str16
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb4 in position 3: invalid start byte

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "bash\mod_files.py", line 227, in load
  File "bash\brec\record_groups.py", line 71, in load_rec_group
  File "bash\brec\record_groups.py", line 229, in _load_rec_group
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 548, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 381, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 594, in loadData
bash.exception.ModError: PamaPrisonAlternative.esm: UnicodeDecodeError('utf-8', b'You\xb4ve been released from Prison.', 3, 4, 'invalid start byte')

mod_files.py  250 load: Error in PamaFurnitureScr.esp
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 1187, in load_mel
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb4 in position 4: invalid start byte

bash.exception.ModError: PamaFurnitureScr.esp: UnicodeDecodeError('utf-8', b'Pama\xb4s Furnitures', 4, 5, 'invalid start byte')

mod_files.py  250 load: Error in PaPunishmentPack1.esp
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 1194, in load_mel
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 807, in load_frag
  File "bash\game\skyrim\records.py", line 1109, in load_frag
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb4 in position 6: invalid start byte

bash.exception.ModError: PaPunishmentPack1.esp: UnicodeDecodeError('utf-8', b'Poke n\xb4Pierce', 6, 7, 'invalid start byte')

On 5/16/2023 at 3:18 AM, Terrarium said:

1. When my character is led to somewhere and walks automatically, quite often it goes in random/wrong direction. It often causes my character to go into corner and get trapped there forever (as in - she tries to walk somewhere, but just ends up endlessly walking into wall or something).

Navmesh/pathfinding issue. Thats caused by another mod.

On 5/16/2023 at 3:18 AM, Terrarium said:

2. I have noticed that after imprisonment I couldnt use any spells or weapons. Even the ones activated with "z". I didn't have enough time to try and replicate this issue, so I'm not sure what might have caused it.

Cant reproduce it either

I just give this mod a try and everything worked perfectly. Installed and load up the game. Attack a guard in Whiterun and got arrested on purpose. Manage to pick the lock out of the cell but got detected and end up in the cell again and got whipped. Got released the next day:))
But is there more stuff other than whipping? Not count executed stuff.

I am new to Skyrim mod, and I add mods by vortex.  But after I run SKSE in vortex, it seems like there are no change at all. I can see my mod on mod configuration but I cannot play the prison alternative mod even after I add the sexLabFrameWorkSE.

Hey Pamatronic, what's up? I love all your mods! I've been playing around with this one (both addons included) but honestly I can't seem to get the drowning event in dawnstar. I'll set everything to 0 and that one to 100 and they'll put my character back in her cell. The survivavility chance is at 50 currently, and lethal events ON, if that matters. I have tried everything I thought of. The events can be at (hogtie or impaler penetration 1%) (cold face 100%) and the game will do the spike anyways. Anything I might be doing wrong?? 

Edited by TheBigOne223
  • 2 weeks later...

First, let me say you did amazing job. Really like the mod and its extensions. 

However, I ran into an interesting issue. When I installed the mod (and its extensions) for the first time, I didn't heed your warning for DD incompatibility. Yet, the plugin worked well. Solitude and then the Feast at least. But when I tried to move to Riften, I got CTD right after coc there. 

Well fine then, I decided it was worth the shot and went through the hassle fo disabling DD and all mods dependant on it. FNIS again, new save... And yet, on fresh save, all DD mods disabled in MO and still Riften CTDs. I can port inside, but outside of Riften, crash. 

Guess last resort option to do clean install of LE and try throw only PA and see how it works then. Anyone ran into similar issues? 

1 hour ago, bas134 said:

When I installed the mod (and its extensions) for the first time, I didn't heed your warning for DD incompatibility.

I think it's rather the clusterfuck that can happen if you are wearing DDs and Prison Alternative tries to start a scene or uses ZAP furniture or add something to a body slot or triggers a SL scene with a defined animation and can't because you have DDs all over your body.

It doesn't mean your game gets unstable from DD + PA.

You still have to make your game unstable all on your own ^^

21 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

I think it's rather the clusterfuck that can happen if you are wearing DDs and Prison Alternative tries to start a scene or uses ZAP furniture or add something to a body slot or triggers a SL scene with a defined animation and can't because you have DDs all over your body.

You are right, that would make sense. However, I had nothing DD related on me, in inventory, anywhere. Doesn't even have any mod that would add the DD items globally to NPCs or stuff like that, it is only the basic DD and DDe. Not to mention the CTDs after start of new game with DD/DDe disabled entirely after entering Riften anyway.

23 minutes ago, bas134 said:

However, I had nothing DD related on me, in inventory, anywhere. Doesn't even have any mod that would add the DD items globally to NPCs or stuff like that, it is only the basic DD and DDe.

Why the focus on DD for your CTD? Especially if you (probably) don't have mods installed that connect to it?

CTDs after start of new game

or

CTD after entering Riften

This can have very individual reasons.

If the CTD only happens in Riften, then any mod that changes Riften or NPC in Riften can be the cause. (NPC overhauls, Custom Followers, clutter replacer, mesh replacer, you name it)

Or you just run out of memory which would point at an unstable base setup.

I recommend to start a tech support topic on that matter where you can post more details about the issue.

Edited by donttouchmethere
30 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Why the focus on DD for your CTD? Especially if you (probably) don't have mods installed that connect to it?

Because outside of this, PA, FNIS/CBBE/XPMSE/Sexlab/slavetats, couple standalone followers and bodyslided outfits there isn't any other mod enabled in my MO. Just going with the most obviously pointed out incompatibility. 

32 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

I recommend to start a tech support topic on that matter where you can post more details about the issue.

Yep, I will move from this thread and probably do that after I try even without those plugins. Maybe, if I get to the bottom of this, I will be able to say 'This was the cause' here. 

33 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

If the CTD only happens in Riften

And no, sadly, it started happening in other places as well. I could at least walk through Solitude, Riften was instant.

Anyway, thanks for your input!

11 hours ago, bas134 said:

Okay, so found the conflict. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/607

This enabled along with PA CTDs. Without PA works. PA without this works. 

I still think you run out of memory.

Are you using anything like ENB/ENboost to have more memory available?

because:

On 6/9/2023 at 9:14 PM, bas134 said:

And no, sadly, it started happening in other places as well.

Other things: I used Skyrim HD too. It replaces a lot. I can't remember if it overwrites any zap textures/meshes.

Edited by donttouchmethere