On 1/13/2024 at 10:07 PM, coegcoeg said:

Bruh nice gift you sent here in this forum. but i think this mod has problem with HDT/SMP hair. whenever i install this mod the SMP got disabled and just become static hair. but sometimes it works when i save & reload. but then it got static again.

one time i realized after being released from prison, the hair is working again.

im using Dint999 SMP Hair mod

Thats a common issue related to KS Hairdos HDT-SMP version.

It happens anyway, your modlist don't matter. Usually the hair physics stops working when you equip or unequip a weapon/armor.

There's a simple solution by editing something in the configs file. 

Here it is, from Reddit: "I have found a solution to resolve this problem for those who still struggle with. By changing disableSMPHairWhenWigEquipped to false in the FSMP (Faster HDT-SMP) configs.xml file and it work fine to me."

I did the same and never encountered that bug again.

Edited by Lady Wintrish
22 minutes ago, Lady Wintrish said:

Thats a common issue related to KS Hairdos HDT-SMP version.

It happens anyway, your modlist don't matter. Usually the hair physics stops working when you equip or unequip a weapon/armor.

There's a simple solution by editing something in the configs file. 

Here it is, from Reddit: "I have found a solution to resolve this problem for those who still struggle with. By changing disableSMPHairWhenWigEquipped to false in the FSMP (Faster HDT-SMP) configs.xml file and it work fine to me."

I did the same and never encountered that bug again.

wow great, thx for the Solutions!! ill try it!

Edited by coegcoeg

btw just a heads up for those using TDM, since it breaks the walking section of the mod, you can do a workaround by enabling player controls for your character

open the console and then click on your character and type in "tc" and you should be able to control your characters to walk to the trigger spot and then when you are at the spot type "tc" again to let go of the controls

note: you can do this to other npc like the executioner or the guards in case they also got stuck, it's tedious but it's better then turning TDM on and off every time you want to play this mod

Edited by Al_banehra
  • 3 weeks later...

@Pamatronic

Hi! I need a little help for making an ODefeat mod's outcome to start a Prison Alternative event (getting to jail). ODefeat has a similar modular event system after the player has been defeated. It has a JSON config file where other mod's event can be called. There is an example from mod author how SimplySlavery can be called from his JSON:

{
  "Simple Slavery Enslavement": {
    "Form": "__formData|SimpleSlavery.esp|0x00492E",
    "modEventName" : "SSLV Entry",
    "Weighting": 69,
    "Description" : "After a defeat, you wake up in the Simple Slavery auction house as the next item to be sold."
  }
}

ODefeat mod authors note:

Breaking this down, you can see:

• Event Name: At the top, this is what will be displayed in the MCM.
  • Form: A formid that can be used to check if the relative mod is installed. This can be whatever you want really.
  • modEventName: The name of the modevent this post-defeat event should fire.
  • Weighting: Default weighting for this event to be shown on the MCM.
  • Description: Describes the event to the user, shown in the info section at the bottom of the MCM when moused over.

What I could figure out on myself it is based on a hint on this forum from @Pamatronic 's comment on how PA events can be checked: LINK
I've tried to use "pamaPA_ImprisonementStart" event call in my JSON, but after defeat just a black screen starts and in a few seconds screen goes back where I was defeated (no prison event). Here my JSON config part:

{    
    "Prison Alternative": {
      "Form": "__formData|PamaPrisonAlternative.esm|0x000D62",
      "modEventName" : "pamaPA_ImprisonementStart",
      "Weighting": 50,
      "Description" : "After a defeat, you wake up in jail."
    }
}

If these two mods can be connected in this way, then could you help me what should be in JSON config for it? Thanks in advance!

54 minutes ago, Runcajsz said:

Hi! I need a little help for making an ODefeat mod's outcome to start a Prison Alternative event (getting to jail).

Prison Alternative is hooked into the vanilla story manager and the OnStoryJail Event. It doesn't have its own modevent to be started externally.
"pamaPA_ImprisonementStart" is send by PA itself to signal to other mods that the player has been jailed.

If you want to start it artificially, you simply have to send the player to vanilla Jail by using the sendplayertoJail function. (https://ck.uesp.net/wiki/SendPlayerToJail_-_Faction)

(abRealJail needs to be set to true for this to work)

If you need to fit it into ODefeats structure, you probably have to implement a small dummy modevent which calls this line.

Edited by Pamatronic
37 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

Prison Alternative is hooked into the vanilla story manager and the OnStoryJail Event. It doesn't have its own modevent to be started externally.
"pamaPA_ImprisonementStart" is send by PA itself to signal to other mods that the player has been jailed.

If you want to start it artificially, you simply have to send the player to vanilla Jail by using the sendplayertoJail function. (https://ck.uesp.net/wiki/SendPlayerToJail_-_Faction)

(abRealJail needs to be set to true for this to work)

If you need to fit it into ODefeats structure, you probably have to implement a small dummy modevent which calls this line.

Thank you for the detailed explanation!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, was wondering if anyone could help figure out why none of this mod's events are working. i load up the mod and adjust the options in the mcm but only vanilla jail events occur. am i missing something? checked the mod's page to make sure everything is installed correctly but nothing.

PA seems to not be able to catch the prison sleep event if the bed doesn't have the vanilla base form id and you then just use the vanilla prison exit while PA thinks you're still in prison (you don't get your items back, the restraints don't get removed, etc.). This happened to me when using "Rally's Common Furniture" with its BOS addon. Simply removing the lines in the SWAP.ini that swap the vanilla beds used in jails ("commonbed01L" in Rifton jail) prevents that.

And for TDM users: Setting "Dialogue Mode" to "Disable" in the TDM MCM (under the "Directional Movement" tab) works for me.

2 hours ago, necodrumi said:

And for TDM users: Setting "Dialogue Mode" to "Disable" in the TDM MCM (under the "Directional Movement" tab) works for me.

Thx for the info.

Have you disabled only that or also the headtracking?

Edited by Lady Wintrish
50 minutes ago, Lady Wintrish said:

Thx for the info.

Have you disabled only that or also the headtracking?

Only that. Headtracking didn't make a difference for me.

I only tested this with the Whipping scene so far, I don't know if maybe the other scenes require more.

7 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

what do you mean by this?

Basically the mod is not working and nothing is triggering. When I am sent to jail I am teleported there like vanilla skyrim and let out similarly like vanilla skyrim and nothing else happens. I do get no clothes though when I'm sent to jail.

Edited by MasterPiece300
3 hours ago, MasterPiece300 said:

Basically the mod is not working and nothing is triggering. When I am sent to jail I am teleported there like vanilla skyrim and let out similarly like vanilla skyrim and nothing else happens. I do get no clothes though when I'm sent to jail.

does something happen if you try to escape and get recaptured?

I tried Pamatronic's new orc bounty hunters mod and its great fun and worked with bounties and prison alternative like a charm . Great work.

I think I recall Pamatronic's mods are compatible with the Ashes Death mod but I always wanted something where you could

get killed in one of Pamatronic's mods scenario's but get resurrected ,which Ashes apparently can do. However, I wanted a scenario

where you resurrect  but get sent to simple slavery ++. Alas , I searched and failed for finding such a mod until today!!!

Behold 

Edited by liniul

I'm getting an issue with followers, in Solitude specifically I haven't been imprisoned elsewhere yet, where they will get into the shackles and it seems to be perma nuking their AI so they no longer follow or do anything after a successful escape. I tried disabling follower imprisonment as well and they still end up there. I'm using EFF if that matters tho I still only have 1 follower. Has anyone else run into this? I also tried disabling them in console before they got into the shackles and enabling them again after escape but still the same result.

On 2/21/2024 at 11:42 PM, MasterPiece300 said:

nope, nothing happens just vanilla skyrim. I'm playing on skyrim SE and of course I selected the SE files, not sure if that helps.

So PA is just not starting up...
This COULD mean that you have another mod in your setup which makes changes to the Story Managers OnJail Event and overwrites the PA trigger.
Try loading PA´s esm later.

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2024 at 11:15 AM, H Bof said:

I'm getting an issue with followers, in Solitude specifically I haven't been imprisoned elsewhere yet, where they will get into the shackles and it seems to be perma nuking their AI so they no longer follow or do anything after a successful escape. I tried disabling follower imprisonment as well and they still end up there. I'm using EFF if that matters tho I still only have 1 follower. Has anyone else run into this? I also tried disabling them in console before they got into the shackles and enabling them again after escape but still the same result.

After an succesfull escape the follower should be locked up in the little cage...
Are you using any special followers or have mods installed which fuck up the hails navmesh?

Edited by Pamatronic
1 hour ago, Pamatronic said:

After an succesfull escape the follower should be locked up in the little cage...
Are you using any special followers or have mods installed which fuck up the hails navmesh?

Hmm I didn't see a cage, where would you find it? Maybe that's my issue. I also don't have anything that should change the navmesh the only city mod I use is capital Whiterun and city sewers, but as far as I'm aware the Solitude sewer doesn't hook into the jail proper.

Edited by H Bof
1 hour ago, Pamatronic said:

So PA is just not starting up...
This COULD mean that you have another mod in your setup which makes changes to the Story Managers OnJail Event and overwrites the PA trigger.
Try loading PA´s esm later.

none of the mods I have have any events or anything that affects the prison system of the game (that I know of). The only mod that could possibly do that would be BaboDialogue but the mod has no prison based events. I had my mod manager load PA's esm last but it only loads as the last esm type file and I'm not sure if PA's esm needs to go further down. Still nothing happens in game.

7 hours ago, MasterPiece300 said:

none of the mods I have have any events or anything that affects the prison system of the game (that I know of)

This could be a simple dirty edit in one of your mods. It wouldnt be obvious under most circumstances. you should be able to figure it out with TESVedit. Just load everything, look at PA story manager event node and you should see the culprit.