1 hour ago, spartan40 said:

MO2 says that the ESM files are form 43. I can't activate them to change them to form 44. I have installed the CK fix and I have followed the directions on that. But I still can't clear the form 43 error to save it as an ESM file for form 44. Please advise. 

FWIW: you can actually turn off that plugin in MO2 in settings.

image.png.2382a84f174bfd7f1f20469c085a3e76.png

It's truly not needed, and only causes needless worry for the majority of folks. There is absolutely no need to change everything to Form 44, except under very very specific circumstances, typically at the behest of a mod author. To be blunt: unless a mod author tells you to change it, it's perfectly safe to leave it as is.

I've converted too many mods to count. I can think of perhaps two times I had to change it to 44. Most of my Oldrim ESP's are in 43. You can actually read a full shakedown, with technical details of this topic here

TL;DR: you do not, in fact, need to worry about 43 vs 44 and can safely disable that plugin in MO2.

• 1 month later...

Hey, for me my charachter seens to be stuck in place after i sleep in the bed. I dont have any of the incompabilities, i do use the fnis nemesis combo, but there wasnt ever any issue for any other mod. It seens to be an amazing mod tho! Hope i get it to work somehow

Edit: I reinstalled zaz and it seems to be fixed.

Edited by Ihopenoonediscoversmyname
Found the solution
10 hours ago, Ihopenoonediscoversmyname said:

Hey, for me my charachter seens to be stuck in place after i sleep in the bed. I dont have any of the incompabilities, i do use the fnis nemesis combo, but there wasnt ever any issue for any other mod. It seens to be an amazing mod tho! Hope i get it to work somehow

I'm having the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

couple issues/bug - windhelms end of the line second version. the one that puts pc outside the main gate and the guard is ment to push you off the ledge. yeah pc doesn't go of the edge just ends up doing the splits instead. but guard also repeats the push of anims aswel.

also windhelm - the guards spawned for the end of the line senario ended up fighting imperial soldiers as i had done the civil war and had joined the legion. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2023 at 2:40 AM, destroyer1012 said:

couple issues/bug - windhelms end of the line second version. the one that puts pc outside the main gate and the guard is ment to push you off the ledge. yeah pc doesn't go of the edge just ends up doing the splits instead. but guard also repeats the push of anims aswel.

also windhelm - the guards spawned for the end of the line senario ended up fighting imperial soldiers as i had done the civil war and had joined the legion. 

Those are issues with the windhelm expansion, not the Core mod.

Update Notes on version 2.0.3

This WONT work if you had 1.3 installed. DONT even try to simply update and continue your game. This will violently explode in your face.
You need to COMPLETELY remove any older versions of the mod before installing 2.0.3 and start a new savegame afterwards.

And because some smart people will try this: NO, savegame cleaners wont work either!

10 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Update Notes on version 2.0.3

This WONT work if you had 1.3 installed. DONT even try to simply update and continue your game. This will violently explode in your face.
You need to COMPLETELY remove any older versions of the mod before installing 2.0.3 and start a new savegame afterwards.

And because some smart people will try this: NO, savegame cleaners wont work either!

Oh bugger, that's a pity as I use 1.3....

Just out of technical curiosity: what is the reason that an update doesn't work?

Hi Pam

Whenever I do a bash patch I always get the following error...

Spoiler

mod_files.py  205 load_plugin: Error in PamaPrisonAlternative.esm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 552, in loadData
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 2214, in load_mel
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 1811, in load_frag
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 1415, in load_frag
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 2030, in load_frag
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 1895, in load_frag
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 1251, in _read_vmad_str16
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb4 in position 3: invalid start byte

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\mod_files.py", line 183, in load_plugin
  File "bash\brec\record_groups.py", line 649, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_groups.py", line 251, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_groups.py", line 172, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_groups.py", line 47, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_groups.py", line 262, in _load_rec_group
  File "bash\brec\record_groups.py", line 78, in _group_element
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 520, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 329, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 566, in loadData
bash.exception.ModError: PamaPrisonAlternative.esm: UnicodeDecodeError('utf-8', b'You\xb4ve been hauled back to your Cell', 3, 4, 'invalid start byte')

I'm guessing its the funny \xb4ve characters somewhere (that I can't track :( ).

4 hours ago, pinkfluf said:

Whenever I do a bash patch I always get the following error...

The mod doesn't interact with leveled lists or vanilla items. Why would you need a bash patch?

Edit:
Did a bit of digging and the problem lies here:

weirdstring.jpg.3d341b198eef3e4455a3474fe266a93c.jpg

Not entirely sure what happened there with the strings, but if you write something normal in there it should solve the issue. Will keep it in mind for the next update.

Edited by Pamatronic
21 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

Which mods are interacting with this mod?

Those listed on the Frontpage

21 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

prison overhaul f.E. has a number of patches for other mods that interact with the prison system.

Prison overhaul is a separate system and not compatible with this mod. (see frontpage)

Really enjoying this mod and its addons so far. There is an incompatibility I like to report that some users may be having. True Directional Movement's headtracking feature breaks every forced player pathing. That includes vanilla events like the vanilla Helgen start as reported by other TDM users. Found this out when the guards were able to head to their destination easily while the player painfully tries to move to the opposite direction (or just micro-teleport or rotate indefinitely lol). Only workaround is to disable headtracking in TDM's MCM while in prison. Not sure if it also applies to other headtracking mods, and idk why it would cause it to break.

On 9/24/2023 at 10:27 PM, DDarios said:

Really enjoying this mod and its addons so far. There is an incompatibility I like to report that some users may be having. True Directional Movement's headtracking feature breaks every forced player pathing. That includes vanilla events like the vanilla Helgen start as reported by other TDM users. Found this out when the guards were able to head to their destination easily while the player painfully tries to move to the opposite direction (or just micro-teleport or rotate indefinitely lol). Only workaround is to disable headtracking in TDM's MCM while in prison. Not sure if it also applies to other headtracking mods, and idk why it would cause it to break.

Exactly that happens here. There are times when my character walks through walls.

It's been awhile since I checked the site and now see that the version I'm running is an older one. Can I update to the latest of the mod and carry on with my game (current load point) or do I need to start a new game from scratch? (am old and getting confused)... 

Also Pama what is your current release strategy? Is Patreon/Pixiv then here?