Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE & LE

Gender & Beast Compatibility  

2,668 members have voted

1. 1. When I play with SLaVE & Toys, if well supported, I would prefer playing as a...

• Female
    • Male
    • Orc, Khajit, or Argonian
    • Futa
    • Something not listed here
  2. 2. This is most important...

• Quantity of toys that work for my character
    • Always perfect animations for my gender
    • Correct context for the story and text/dialogue

2 hours ago, reaper2014 said:

OK, I'm an idiot. I only downloaded SLaVE_Bodyslide_SE_UNP_V8.0.7z, not SLaVE_SE_V8.0.7z!

I also paid more attention to the part about building the toys in Bodyslide. However, while I have Bodyslide, I have never used it before. So I honestly have no idea what I need to do. I did notice that while you said there should be 32 items with the Virgin prefix, I only count 17 (the last alphabetically is the Virgin Nocturnal Robe).

Try to follow the FAQ 11 steps (now updated), its exactly what you need to do. Bodyslide is a bit of a beast to get familiar with so if my steps are not enough, try Bodyslide's own documentation, or one of the many guides and videos you can google for. Getting Bodyslide wrong is the most common problem for new and even not so new users, but its what makes the visuals of the toys possible, actually fitting your custom body, and very important to learn and get it right.

I've updated the FAQ, it was outdated for the previous version of SLaVE. Total Virgin Toys is half what it was because half were moved into Toys Framework. Toys itself also directs you to build in bodyslide, and you will it its instructions are almost identical, you can get them both done at the same time.

2 hours ago, Simplicitas Sancta said:

Dragons mound love ... Every place already visited should definitely not be available for a renewed activation after the visit (completed) - this reduces active scripts and increases the clarity. In any case, it is irrelevant to activate the same hill again ...;)

Its working as intended. You can activate it again if you just don't like the location it gave you. You can get another location from the same mound instead of finding another mound. There is no script running at all unless you go on the mound so that's not an issue.

Nun, wenn dies der Fall ist, dass dieser Mod absolut einen Neustart erfordert, dann werde ich nur in diesen sauren Apfel beißen! Wenn jedoch die Probleme, die ich erwähnt habe, immer noch auftreten, werden wir nach dem suchen müssen, was war oder ist. Übrigens, ich finde es lustig, dass die Jungfrau Maria und die heilige Einfachheit miteinander reden ... ?

14 minutes ago, Onilink69 said:

Ther's one thing not really disturbing, but in the Sepulcher, there's an invisible chemichal table in the middle of the way just before the pit. 

Its normal that it be there, but not normal that it would be invisible. If its invisible, how do you know its a Alchemist Table? Oh probably its letting you activate it.

Got anything else invisible so far?

Do you have any mod that changes crafting tables?

21 minutes ago, Onilink69 said:

No i don't have any other mods that change crafting tables, but like i say it's nothing disturbing. Does this table have a special pupose?

Nothing special its a normal Alchemist Table. The reason its there is so you can conveniently use it after you earn the "Potion Ability" in which you can make your own Love and Asphyxiation Potions by "Loving" the table. You can use that one or any other Alchemist table. 

1.jpg

First, I am really liking this mod and also the Toys mod as well. Both are really refreshing and very much needed considering some of the issues with the DD framework. Having said that, I have encountered my first issue........it is not a bug per se.......but a timing issue that needs to be resolved by a quest step being displayed or something similar. The first time that the Dragonborn uses their shout is immediately after killing the first dragon at the western watch tower.  The next step is to inform the Jarl about the killing of the dragon. Cassia appeared for me as I approached the carriage at the T-intersection in front of the stables. I forget if Cassia gave me the warning note from Dibella along with the new toys or whether a courier delivered the warning note sometime afterwards. In the main Skyrim quest line "since the Dragonborn is a true 'virgin' with regards to the Way of the Voice and is further warned not to use your Thume by the warning note from Dibella, there is no reason to Shout at this point in the game. Therefore, the second time that I used my shout was when I first met the Greybeards in High Hrothgar and Angeir asks the Dragonborn to taste their shout in order to prove to the Greybeards that the Dragonborn is indeed the the Dragonborn.......Imagine their surprise and mine when Nocturnal suddenly appears and traps the Dragonborn in various  DD devices and prevents the Dragonborn from interacting with the Greybeards.

Not sure what the solution to this issue needs to be.........Either (1) Only spawn Nocturnal/Dibella  after the Dragonborn has been given the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest or (2) Give the Dragonborn a quest to use their new found shout prior to entering High Hrothgar for the first time.

Please look into this and advise..........

1 hour ago, Onilink69 said:

Oh nice. I'm excited to get at this point. The bad thing is that i installed some other mods so i need to do a new game......again. ?

I feel your pain. After many meltdowns from risky modding, now I just make a list and only install new stuff between characters. Not as instantly gratifying... but so much more stable

1 hour ago, mikey7979 said:

First, I am really liking this mod and also the Toys mod as well. Both are really refreshing and very much needed considering some of the issues with the DD framework. Having said that, I have encountered my first issue........it is not a bug per se.......but a timing issue that needs to be resolved by a quest step being displayed or something similar. The first time that the Dragonborn uses their shout is immediately after killing the first dragon at the western watch tower.  The next step is to inform the Jarl about the killing of the dragon. Cassia appeared for me as I approached the carriage at the T-intersection in front of the stables. I forget if Cassia gave me the warning note from Dibella along with the new toys or whether a courier delivered the warning note sometime afterwards. In the main Skyrim quest line "since the Dragonborn is a true 'virgin' with regards to the Way of the Voice and is further warned not to use your Thume by the warning note from Dibella, there is no reason to Shout at this point in the game. Therefore, the second time that I used my shout was when I first met the Greybeards in High Hrothgar and Angeir asks the Dragonborn to taste their shout in order to prove to the Greybeards that the Dragonborn is indeed the the Dragonborn.......Imagine their surprise and mine when Nocturnal suddenly appears and traps the Dragonborn in various  DD devices and prevents the Dragonborn from interacting with the Greybeards.

Not sure what the solution to this issue needs to be.........Either (1) Only spawn Nocturnal/Dibella  after the Dragonborn has been given the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest or (2) Give the Dragonborn a quest to use their new found shout prior to entering High Hrothgar for the first time.

Please look into this and advise..........

The events you describe could unfold in hundreds of alternate ways. For example, not everyone shouts for the first time at the western tower. They might install SLaVE after playing the game for some time, so their first shout could be at level 30 for example. Not going to happen like that when you start a new game, as we all start out fresh with Toys, but it will happen, lots, in the future.

That's a less common example let me give another. You might shout at the western tower, and then decide to head off to Riverwood, or anywhere. You might have no plans to go visit the Greybeards anytime soon. More importantly, you might like to use your new shout in battle frequently, so even if you do head up to the Greybeards soon, you will have shouted 20 times.  SLaVE gives you extra reasons to shout, its how you summon Nocturnal to help you in battle. Not sure if you know but SLaVE has been around in LE for 4 years, and not many shout their 2nd time up top of that mountain.

Everyone's story unfolds very differently, so I can only try my best to ensure that shout and scene with Nocturnal don't break (technically) the meeting with the Graybeards in the 5% chance that the player does what you did. I don't think it breaks that scene? I've tested it.

I've been using this mod on an already existing save (even though the requirements needed a brand new save, I figured that I still hadn't retrieved the dragonstone so it was still "new"), alongside the DD framework and everything so far seems to work perfectly. Being able to skip scenes makes the mod non invasive, and it feels like the basic version of unrelenting force deals some serious damage on legendary difficulty (might be another one of my mod though, haven't looked).

I've had two game breaking issues (reloading an earlier save was enough to fix those).

The first one has to do with trying to unequip some devious devices while bound with the wrists from Toys/SLaVE. The inventory was closed but the devious device UI got stuck in a loop where it kept on opening the unlock UI and the message "you can't equip with your wrists bound" from SLaVE kept looping as well. I couldn't access the save menu so I had to literally kill the PC and spam through the message boxes until an earlier save was loaded.

The second had to do with the altars at the entrance of Clavicus' cave, when I first got there I clicked on them to check what they did and didn't really think much about them other than being able to summon Nocturnal that way. Somehow she never disappeared (still didn't think much of it) and when I finally went through the entire dungeon, retrieved the woeful axe and tried worshipping Clavicus' altar, I kept on getting the message box "can't worship when fighting or busy". I tried the "killall" command to make sure I wasn't in a fight, my follower wasn't in any fight so I'm assuming it had something to do with Nocturnal never disappearing. I had to reload and redo the whole dungeon and retrieve the woeful axe another time to get it right.

I also had a CTD when trying to worhsip the shrine after completing a daedra's best friend, but it was probably due to all the stress from the previous hour. I was able to complete the task and go to Nocturnal's shrine.

Hi folks, over the past couple of days we've asked several folks to try running SLaVE on a new game to verify whether or not errors still occur compared to "drop in" installations they were using. 

I realize that it can be time consuming to run a new character up to the point you get your first dragon soul and gain the ability to shout. This is especially true for heavily modded versions that increase the difficulty and "density of play." If you've been following my SLaVE blog, you know that I'm already 7 play sessions in (and many hours played) and I still haven't got my first dragon soul. 

So today I noticed a mod on the Nexus that might be helpful for quickly starting SLaVE for testing purposes. This mod is an ASLAL extension that starts the character as The Dragonborn, with some shouts already learned.

Start the game in High Hrothgar, having retrieved the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller and been formally greeted as Dragonborn by the Greybeards. You are Thane of Whiterun, and can purchase housing in that City. 

You begin with all three words of Unrelenting Force and the first word of Whirlwind Sprint, a small amount of gold and a set of basic equipment. Bleak Falls Barrow and Ustengrav exist as though untouched, meaning that The Golden Claw has not been completed, and you will need to visit Ustengrav to obtain the word of Become Etheral found there. 

Random dragon attacks will not occur until after you have killed Sahloknir in A Blade in the Dark. 

This will allow you to quickly begin the Shout Like a Virgin main quest and allow you to quickly verify whether or not the mod is functioning properly.

Hope that helps!

so im having a problem where nocturnal said she was gunu put a devise on me but that never happened. also dialog seems to be a bit scuffed as i have the option to choose a dialog option but when i click it doesnt activate the dialog option. then i intiated a scene and she jumped out and interrupted it but it continued while my character was screaming then when animation ended my character was on the wooden pillar thing but i moved with it and it wouldnt go away.

6 hours ago, Player80 said:

I've been using this mod on an already existing save (even though the requirements needed a brand new save, I figured that I still hadn't retrieved the dragonstone so it was still "new"),

New Game = Select New in the menu.

If you start by loading a save, any save, you are now destined to save a corrupted save, and you have broken the golden rule.

Due to this, you need to expect problems. Most issues, if not related to external things like Bodyslide, cannot be diagnosed until you recreate using a new game.

See Toys Troubleshooting #4 for more on this topic.

the basic version of unrelenting force deals some serious damage on legendary difficulty (might be another one of my mod though, haven't looked).

SLaVE does not touch the vanilla shouts, only detects them to trigger the summoning of Nocturnal. SLaVE does add 2 of its own shouts though.

I've had two game breaking issues (reloading an earlier save was enough to fix those).

The issues are going to return in various forms until you start a new game.

The first one has to do with trying to unequip some devious devices while bound with the wrists from Toys/SLaVE. The inventory was closed but the devious device UI got stuck in a loop where it kept on opening the unlock UI and the message "you can't equip with your wrists bound" from SLaVE kept looping as well. I couldn't access the save menu so I had to literally kill the PC and spam through the message boxes until an earlier save was loaded.

Its possible this could happen under certain circumstances, I don't know. First report of it. Note that DD cannot detect that you have bound wrists, there is no way for it to react to that toy. We need to see if this recreates after you start a new game. I expect it wont.

The second had to do with the altars at the entrance of Clavicus' cave, when I first got there I clicked on them to check what they did and didn't really think much about them other than being able to summon Nocturnal that way. Somehow she never disappeared (still didn't think much of it) and when I finally went through the entire dungeon, retrieved the woeful axe and tried worshipping Clavicus' altar, I kept on getting the message box "can't worship when fighting or busy". I tried the "killall" command to make sure I wasn't in a fight, my follower wasn't in any fight so I'm assuming it had something to do with Nocturnal never disappearing. I had to reload and redo the whole dungeon and retrieve the woeful axe another time to get it right.

This looks very much like the symptoms of a corrupt save (not starting a new game).

1 hour ago, notfriendsftw said:

so im having a problem where nocturnal said she was gunu put a devise on me but that never happened. also dialog seems to be a bit scuffed as i have the option to choose a dialog option but when i click it doesnt activate the dialog option. then i intiated a scene and she jumped out and interrupted it but it continued while my character was screaming then when animation ended my character was on the wooden pillar thing but i moved with it and it wouldnt go away.

Its very likely something is not installed quite right.

Did you start a new game?

Did you install Toys v0.5? (as opposed to maybe having an older version of Toys)

If no to either of those, need to correct and start over.

If those are not your problem:

1. Try using the SLaVE Installation Test on its first MCM tab. 
  2. Try carefully going through the steps in Troubleshooting #3
  3. Try using "Force Player Reset" in the SLaVE MCM, Misc tab
1 hour ago, reaper2014 said:

So, I think I figured out Bodyslide. The mod worked right until the maiden arrived. She's here, but she's not giving me any dialogue options other than the seduction ones from Sexlab and Eager NPCs.

Its very likely something is not installed quite right.

1. Try using the SLaVE Installation Test on its first MCM tab. 
  2. Try carefully going through the steps in Troubleshooting #3
  3. Try using "Force Player Reset" in the SLaVE MCM, Misc tab

For further help, I could look at your papyrus log, captured from where you recreate the trouble in meeting Cassia.... load game, do scene, close game, grab log.

How to get a papyrus log is in the FAQs.

New FAQ added to the Toys FAQs & Troubleshooting PageI've copied it below since it seems be a popular topic over the last few days.

4. When the install instructions say I must start a new game, do I really need to start a new game?

Spoiler

Yes

But why? How about I use a save cleaner tool, or use a really really early save? Or maybe I'm skilled in the art of perfect load orders so I can get away with it?

Spoiler

Sometimes a new game is needed because the mod changed in a significant way and certain things will not be able to be referenced anymore, so its a hard fail, no way to avoid.

Other times it's a load order issue. For example Toys is an ESM. You can't put an ESM at the end of your load order so you have no choice but to break the Golden Rule (see Golden Rule top of this post). Even if you think you put the ESM at the end of the load order, Skyrim will re-sort and force it to load before all ESPs when you load the game.

Sometimes is both of the above.

If you don't start a new game when its a requirement, expect:

• random, unpredictable problems, with any mod, but particularly with newly installed ones
  • difficulty in getting support since you will asked to recreate the problem after starting a new game

Please don't try to use this mod without starting a new game, if the requirement in the change log is that you start a new game.

On 4/18/2021 at 12:27 AM, gregaaz said:

@knots1353, so that we can understand the problem better, can you do three things and tell us the results?

1) Make sure all your masters are before your plugins, so the load order you set is the same as the load order that goes into the game,

2) Start a new character and just power through to the start of SLaVE to confirm whether or not these problems occur on a completely fresh game, and

3 - only required if your new character still has problems) Upload your load order to modwat.ch so we can see your setup?

If the mod works correctly on a new start, then I'm pretty confident the problem is an issue with your save and/or with the load order changing mid playthrough. We need to rule this out first before we can examine other possibilities.

While I was fairly certain this had nothing to do with load order (and am still fairly sure my view on that issue is correct...), I spent quite a bit of time today testing from a new game with a sorted load order as you suggested, as well as restarting (in a different MO2 profile) from the same original base save game with Toys and SLaVE tacked onto the end - switching back and forth and running through the questlines in parallel, in some cases several times to see if it made a difference.   I don't have any plans to use Modwat.ch - but if you're curious, I've attached my plugins.txt and modlist.txt file, along with a papyrus log.

The Clavicus Vile issue turned out to be a user expectations issue -- my apologies for reporting it.    When I did it the first time, I didn't understand that SLaVE was beginning the quest for me -- I was assuming the quest was starting in the normal fashion.  I didn't see it in the main quests list... but it wasn't until I played this through the second time that I realized that A) it was in Miscellaneous quests, B) Since it started with finding the dog, it bypassed both the guard dialog and blacksmith dialog which is what I was expecting and looking for, and C) since it was dark when I did it and I didn't have a quest marker visible, I didn't go far enough up the road to actually see and trigger the dog.   I've since confirmed that this is actually working in both the sorted load order playthrough and my original unsorted base game playthrough.  Again, apologies for bringing this one up - I normally try to be very thorough before reporting an issue, being a programmer myself.

That said, as I progressed - all the problems I've found have been duplicated in both the sorted load order and base save game unsorted order, and some are worth reporting:

- Cassia sometimes appears unexpectedly and has no dialog.    I've had this happen several times in both playthroughs.   Sometimes she appears when she's *supposed* to and still has no dialogue - and you have to go back to a save before she spawned.   I had this happen in both games after finishing the Spank the Thief quest, and in one of the games at the very start after my initial shout.

- Both games had severe issues if you died in the Twilight Sepulcher in the light areas - if it restored control after the raise, you'd die immediately again; but more often it never restored control

- Both games eventually reached a point where a spontaneous orgasm event would start, but the animation would never progress.  Spacebar, F11, Num-3, none of these (as suggested by Troubleshooting #5) made any difference.  The only way out was a reload or a player reset.   Unfortunately, if you reloaded recently, the odds are the next spontaneous orgasm would do the same thing.   And if you reset, the next animation would also do the same thing - I couldn't seem to progress very much after this started happening without going pretty far back in the saves, so I put it aside to make this report. 

I've gone through Troubleshooting #3 in detail - all steps completed.   I did both the Toys test and the SLaVE test - worked fine.   None of the mods I include are on the conflicts list - in fact it's quite a light mod list since it's just got what I consider to be my minimal core mods, sexlab, SLAL and some animations, Toys, and SLaVE.

(The papyrus log I've attached takes me in the sorted new game run, from a save I made shortly before entering the Twilight Sepulcher the first time - I'd headed back to Whiterun to clear vampirism and allow a Toys setting change to apply (turning off hardcore chances so I wasn't stuck unable to fight properly -- I'd had trouble with that getting through the Sepulcher a couple of times earlier - even with Nocturnal's help, the mobs there can be quite difficult for a level 3 or 4 character who can't fight...), then went back, got to the Sepulcher, did everything there,   Around 8:17 the log, upon exiting the sepulcher and Haemon's shame, I fast traveled to the Whiterun Stables, took the cart to Markarth, and was approached outside the Markarth doors by Cassia - no dialogue - she followed me into Markarth where we witnessed the killing, then followed me most of the way to the temple of dibella.  Went into the temple of dibella, started the Spank the Thief quest, left the temple (didn't see Cassia), fast traveled to Falkreath, did a save, started heading up the road towards the thief marker, and had a spontaneous orgasm about two minutes later which never progressed (at 08:25) no matter what I tried at that point.  Not sure if it's useful or not, but I thought I'd include it for completeness...)

plugins.txt Papyrus.0Toys.log modlist.txt

59 minutes ago, knots1353 said:

Thanks, Knots, I appreciate the thorough report. I will watch for these items during my beta playthrough and dig into them deeper if I run into any of them. I also poked VM to let her know you had responded.