Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE & LE

Gender & Beast Compatibility  

2,670 members have voted

1. 1. When I play with SLaVE & Toys, if well supported, I would prefer playing as a...

• Female
    • Male
    • Orc, Khajit, or Argonian
    • Futa
    • Something not listed here
  2. 2. This is most important...

• Quantity of toys that work for my character
    • Always perfect animations for my gender
    • Correct context for the story and text/dialogue

OK, here's my first testing report. Because of time constraints I was only able to do the "bench testing" tonight. In-game test will start tomorrow.

Shout Like a Virgin v8.0

Test baseline: https://modwat.ch/u/Bachmanis

Conducted MO2 Asset Check

• SLaVE shares a common texture with Immersive College of Winterhold (probably a harmless conflict – no action required unless unexpected results observed)
  • SLaVE overwrites the vanilla word wall trigger scripts, conflicting files provided by the USSEP. Recommendation: Conduct A-B analysis between USSEP version of script and vanilla version, and forward any bugfixes from USSEP to SLaVE.

Ran External Tools

FNIS successfully completed but reports missing animation files. Recommend verifying package contents to confirm all hkx files are included. If these files are no longer used, recommend updating manifest to avoid false alarms in FNIS.

• Missing AnimFile ..\Sexlab\AP_FaceDown_A1_S1.hkx for character, mod Virgin
  • Missing AnimFile ..\Sexlab\AP_FaceDown_A1_S4.hkx for character, mod Virgin
  • Missing AnimFile ..\Sexlab\AP_FaceDown_A1_S5.hkx for character, mod Virgin

Successfully ran Nemesis

Successfully ran Bodyslide. Note that I did not observe a group filter option for Virgin toys. Recommend adding one for ease of running bodyslide with a large load order. Typing “virgin” in the outfit filter is a viable workaround for now. Disregard struck portion, possible PEBKAC

Reviewed Mod in xEdit

Error check: no errors reported

Conflict check, pass 1 (SLaVE and master files only): 25 worldspace records revert changes from Update.esm. Some or all of these may be SE exclusive changes. Users who do not patch these edits are likely to encounter water seams and other unexpected visuals.

Cleaning Check: Pass 1 (SLaVE and master files only): No ITMs or UDRs reported

Conflict check, pass 2 (entire baseline loaded): See attached spreadsheet for summary of conflicts and consequences of not fixing. Patch file addressing all record conflicts attached for reference. Items marked “End User responsibility” must be patched (either manually or via Wrye Bash) by the user, recommend including a compatibility note about these mods. Items marked “Publisher responsibility” – mainly USSEP forwarding matters – I recommend be updated within SLaVE.

MS06 is a little more complex. The change to ENAM should prevail as long as this was an intentional edit (changed to null value). Recommend forwarding Objective 1, Target 0, condition from USSEP. Recommend forwarding all aliases from USSEP (significantly changed from vanilla).

For MS06Start, the script properties are almost totally rewritten by SLaVE and should prevail. However, recommend forwarding the aliases and other downstream properties from USSEP as long as you do not see any conflicts with the Virgin version of the quest script.

Note that in addition to the conflicts listed in the spreadsheet, edits to CELL records mean that any lighting, music, ENB Particle Fix, etc. mods that modify these records need to be patched to avoid a loss of function, since SLaVE forwards the vanilla cell characteristics for 5 interior locations:

• Markarth Temple of Dibella
  • Potema’s Refuge
  • Dustman’s Crupt
  • Ironbind Barrow
  • Broken Tower Redoubt

Author review needed for record 000CF267. This spit adds a location ref, but it’s not the expected one (the VirginSpit ref). Please confirm if the location ref in the file is correct, as I don’t believe as coded it will properly trigger the spit roast event.

Note: I have included my compatibility patch for illustrative purposes only. It has multiple dependencies and is not necessarily a playable patch for people with different configurations. However, it may be valuable to look at in xEdit if you want clarification on the contents of this report or the spreadsheet.

WATCHLIST FOR IN-GAME TESTING

• Shrine Loving in Broken Tower Redoubt; need to verify if Sisterhood’s positional changes break the animation for Shrine Loving.
  • Shrine Loving – outdoor Shrine of Mara 0006CFBF; need to verify if the shrine is accessible or interposed with other geometry when running with Artifacts: Tournament of the Ten Bloods
  • Spit – outdoor Spit in Angi’s camp 000CF267; need to verify it is not interposed through other objects when running Rigmor of Bruma

Consequences of not patching SLaVE.pdf SLaVE_Temp_Patch.esp

16 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

pffffft.... ok

You're my hero. I respect your misgivings about the technical approach SLSO took, and so I doubly appreciate that you're willing to support users who are hesitant to give up the huge quality of life improvements SLSO brings to the table. ??

17 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

You're my hero. I respect your misgivings about the technical approach SLSO took, and so I doubly appreciate that you're willing to support users who are hesitant to give up the huge quality of life improvements SLSO brings to the table. ??

1.gif

i can understand that the dependency thing is an issue but slso is one of those mods that adds to others, multiple orgasms or forced plus as well spank that ass has a wonderful mechanic with it as well that adds to some playthroughs or other mods like succubus heart that grants power to the character based on orgasm, so it adds to other mods by complimenting them. if it messes with things then don't do it, if its an easy fix to make it work then that would be awesome. but do what works for you. 

as an after thought slso could also be used in your punishments for the different quest events as a form of punishment, it allows you to force the character to please the other party repeatedly via minigame without allowing the character to orgasm themselves, I believe one of slso mcm options is choosing who the minigame affects first player or aggressor and if its focused on the aggressor or partner then they "cum" first, and can cum multiple times before the player is allowed/capable of cuming themselves

1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

SLaVE overwrites the vanilla word wall trigger scripts, conflicting files provided by the USSEP. Recommendation: Conduct A-B analysis between USSEP version of script and vanilla version, and forward any bugfixes from USSEP to SLaVE.

Those scripts are particularly nasty to get working. They are in the category of, if it ain't broke don't touch it. I've never had word wall love scene problem reports and its been in use for 4 years.

FNIS successfully completed but reports missing animation files.

simple fix, on the list

Successfully ran Bodyslide. Note that I did not observe a group filter option for Virgin toys. 

There should be one on all bodies except UNP SE which is intentional. Which body? Its named SLaVE.

Reviewed Mod in xEdit

We can do another discord session together to walk through these. I know XEdit is your fetish. Most, if not all, are years old but I bet at least a few could be improved.

29 minutes ago, Zellgarith said:

if its an easy fix to make it work then that would be awesome. 

Not easy, but nothing too hard. Maybe instead of end of scene, I could get it to occur during by just counting stages. Since every animation probably has at least 3 stages, I could just pretend the orgasm occurs at the start of the 3rd stage and trigger then (MCM choice). That way at least it happens during.

As for using SSO to do additional cool things... I'd not go there for reasons given. We do plan to do a denial feature in Toys, but that will be without the use of another mod.

2 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

You could indeed, but its not the only option.

Someone is coming out with a mod for Toys that does the basic functionality of DCL (keys and toys in containers), very soon. Then we have even more fun.

awesome, then i will definitely have a play on a game without DD :)

6 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

There should be one on all bodies except UNP SE which is intentional. Which body? Its named SLaVE.

This was BHUNP SE

6 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

We can do another discord session together to walk through these. I know XEdit is your fetish. Most, if not all, are years old but I bet at least a few could be improved.

Sounds like a good idea. If it would be helpful (for using with the "compare plugins" feature), I can make a B-version with only the "recommended publisher changes" in it.

Additional review information -- script asset conflicts

This morning I did an A-B comparison between the two asset-conflicted scripts and wanted to report my findings. I've attached pictures of the relevant code segments.

For WordWallTriggerScript, USSEP fixes a bug at line 156. Recommend carrying forward into your version of the script.

image.png.04d10fd431b6dcc4085995d401270999.png

For WordWallTrigger02Script, the USSEP version comments out vanilla trace functions at line 78 and 104. Additionally, it restructures a "self.disable()" call at line 94 by moving this function to the "done" event state located at the end of the script. As long as these won't interfere with your virgin modifications, I recommend forwarding these changes to your script.

image.png.592007058cccd365e79cb36d2aebda64.png

Recommendations: It appears that both scripts received small but meaningful changes in USSEP. I recommend forwarding these -- it's hard enough for most end-users to perform conflict resolution on their own. Conflict-resolving and then recompiling scripts is beyond the capabilities of the vast majority of end users, especially the more casual players or for people who are unfamiliar or uncomfortable working with the CK (though the latter is less of a problem now that 3rd party script compilation tools are readily available). 

I also recommend you add compatibility notes advising that the mod forwards changes from USSEP but that any other mod that touches the vanilla scripts in SLaVE may conflict, since it appears if another mod wins the conflict on these it will break SLaVE functionality in a pretty major way. The only repacked scripts I see in the archive are these two and also WordWallTriggerBleakFallsScript, which USSEP does not make any changes to. If users don't check for asset conflicts on their own (or if they do and don't understand the significance of this conflict) then there's an increased risk that they will break the mod with asset load order conflicts and mistakenly believe there is something wrong with SLaVE.

5 hours ago, zax said:

Are these piercings actually affected by SMP physics (moving separately from breasts)?

Not entirely sure what your question means, as I'd characterize it is "moving WITH the breasts". 

All toys move with the body where needed, including nipple toys, for all of the 6 bodies we support. That includes toys in Toys and in SLaVE.

You can see an example in the video, on the front page for SLaVE, at 1.21

3 hours ago, gregaaz said:

This morning I did an A-B comparison

We can cover these in our discord session too.

In general, I want to give priority to problems that can be produced and recreated in game. This approach of identifying where problems might potentially exist through mod conflicts is a few levels up from that, so while still important, it's lower priority. For example, if I can't break the Word Wall love in game, and can't get a real in game example of a mod conflict producing a problem that effects the user, I'd much prefer to keep the code that's been in use for 4 years, than touch it. But let's discuss this in discord.

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

Not entirely sure what your question means, as I'd characterize it is "moving WITH the breasts". 

All toys move with the body where needed, including nipple toys, for all of the 6 bodies we support. That includes toys in Toys and in SLaVE.

You can see an example in the video, on the front page for SLaVE, at 1.21

I meant something like this but after watching the video I see that they don't, thanks!

Nope not working at all. The running test does nothing, Nocturnal appear but the animation and the discussion don't progress. It stopped when i'm supposed to get the anal torch but it doesn't appear. I'm reinstalling the game and i'll try later. Does it have a special load order in the mod list, not the plugins list?

3 minutes ago, Onilink69 said:

Nope not working at all. The running test does nothing, Nocturnal appear but the animation and the discussion don't progress. It stopped when i'm supposed to get the anal torch but it doesn't appear. I'm reinstalling the game and i'll try later. Does it have a special load order in the mod list, not the plugins list?

I've asked you a few times... Did you start a new game? This is a requirement. You are exhibiting several strange issues that really only could come from a corrupt save (i.e. did not start new game).

Troubleshooting #3 covers your first meeting with Nocturnal issues, if its not the lack of starting a new game. Most common is not running FNIS.

11 minutes ago, Onilink69 said:

6 times, yeah i counted it. Every time i did a change in the order, or uninstalled others mods, i did a new game.

Use troubleshooting #3. You definitely have an installation problem. That's the best help I can give you with the information I have.

For further help, I need a more exact description of the problem, perhaps with a screenshot, and I need your papyrus log that was captured during the problem you recreated. There is how to get the papyrus log in the FAQs, if you need help on that.

27 minutes ago, Player80 said:

Hi, I remember trying this mod a long time ago but couldn't figure out a way to free my character. How "invasive" is this mod? Is there a way to escape some/all the bindings or will the rest of the playthrough be impacted by SLaVE?

Once you complete the first cycle of virgin training you are free. You need to "report in" within 7 days, but you can change that 7 to a very high number in MCM and be free much longer. 

Alternatively you can use the MCM "Put on hold" option, which stops the mod from proceeding with most things, until you take if off hold.

If you get really mad at the toys, you can free them using Toys debug option, remove all Toys.

Almost every feature in SLaVE has MCM options to change how it works to your liking, reducing frequency, etc. And I could go on, you have many options.

31 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Once you complete the first cycle of virgin training you are free. You need to "report in" within 7 days, but you can change that 7 to a very high number in MCM and be free much longer. 

Alternatively you can use the MCM "Put on hold" option, which stops the mod from proceeding with most things, until you take if off hold.

If you get really mad at the toys, you can free them using Toys debug option, remove all Toys.

Almost every feature in SLaVE has MCM options to change how it works to your liking, reducing frequency, etc. And I could go on, you have many options.

Sounds good!