Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE & LE

Gender & Beast Compatibility  

2,675 members have voted

1. 1. When I play with SLaVE & Toys, if well supported, I would prefer playing as a...

• Female
    • Male
    • Orc, Khajit, or Argonian
    • Futa
    • Something not listed here
  2. 2. This is most important...

• Quantity of toys that work for my character
    • Always perfect animations for my gender
    • Correct context for the story and text/dialogue

4 hours ago, knots1353 said:

- Cassia sometimes appears unexpectedly and has no dialog.    I've had this happen several times in both playthroughs.   Sometimes she appears when she's *supposed* to and still has no dialogue - and you have to go back to a save before she spawned.   I had this happen in both games after finishing the Spank the Thief quest, and in one of the games at the very start after my initial shout.

Expectations on Cassia may be a bit off. She shows up after your first shout, which you expect. But she will also randomly appear for the rest of the game. She offers to do a few things with you.

Unfortunately when there's meant to be force greeting its all tied to skyrim's conditions for dialogue and this does not get logged because its not script. So I'm struggling so far to figure out how she's going wrong. I've not seen it myself in testing so cant recreate it yet. 

Cassis should NOT force greet under these conditions:

- you are in combat state

- you are in dialogue

- you are in a scene from another mod where you've got player controls disabled, or in sexlab faction

- you are in a "toys busy state", a state shared by Toys content mods so they don't clobber each other's scenes

- you are swimming, horse back, and many other states

So something must be showing up as one of those states, and then her lack of force greet is actually working as intended. Using "Force Player Reset" in the SLaVE MCM misc tab, will clear the "Toys busy state", and broken player controls. So that is worth try, and also a data point.

If you want Cassis to stop following you around (until problem sorted), you can use console command.... Set VirginEnableCassia to 0. She will eventually come looking for you again. You can slow her down in the MCM Encounters tab.

In your log I see....

[04/19/2021 - 07:46:22PM] Cannot open store for class "mfgconsolefunc", missing file?

....which is then followed by code stack stuff. This occurs 100s of times in your log. MfgConsole is a utility mod that is packaged with Sexlab. You can also get it separately, but mods count on the one that is packaged with Sexlab, including sexlab itself. Its used for facial expressions. So all the error spamming is each time Toys or Sexlab, call for an expression. You might be seeing the gag mouth open, fail to close when it should, and no expressions in Toys, SLaVE, and Sexlab scenes.

I don't think this problem is causing Toys or SLaVE any trouble, other than no expressions happening. But I don't know the consequences for Sexlab, and think that possibly Sexlab is getting struck in a busy state (sexlab could be using MfgConsole for more than expressions), thus Cassia would do the weird non-force greet.

So see if you can figure out why you are missing MfgConsole. This would reduce spammed script lag and possibly fix Cassia. Other SLaVE NPCs and even the player character, will get messed up by this busy state too, eventually, as you progress. Would love to hear if MfgConsole fixes it.

- Both games had severe issues if you died in the Twilight Sepulcher in the light areas - if it restored control after the raise, you'd die immediately again; but more often it never restored control

This a known thing, dating back 4 years in SLaV LE. The "death by light" in the Sepulcher is a vanilla game feature. I've not heard till now, of it breaking player controls, but maybe its an SE side effect. I will look into it. Maybe its time to give up on any solution to that and just get rid of the "death by light". Thanks for reporting it.

- Both games eventually reached a point where a spontaneous orgasm event would start, but the animation would never progress.  Spacebar, F11, Num-3, none of these (as suggested by Troubleshooting #5) made any difference.  The only way out was a reload or a player reset.  

The log shows these events running, and each part fire as normal, so from the log's point of view, everything worked normally. However if the animation did not actually play, the log does not know that.

Are you sure that FNIS is running successfully? Checking for errors, exceeding total number of animations, or something else? I have no idea what this could be other than FNIS. The randomness of this can easily be that some animations are built but others are not, so different results since each Spontaneous Orgasms is a random pick from 1 of 15 sets of animations. Other thing to check is having the latest skeleton. I've seen outdated or wrong skeleton's cause similar.

First, thank you for this excellent mod (and Toys framework). It is a lot of fun to play and your mod support documentation is fantastic.

Here is my contribution to make it an even better experience for other players:

--------------------------

As knots1353 reported there are some issues regarding spontaneous orgasm. It seems to trigger no matter what player is doing. In dialogue window, in inventory window, in map window etc.

I've had a lot of "corrupted" saves from a Toys point of view. By corrupted i mean Toys framework is no longer working. E.g. while attempting to pray at an altar, i got error message that i could not pray while in combat or being busy. I was not in combat so apparently i was busy, i.e. some script/animation was stuck i assume. Force reset in MCM Misc section did not fix problem.

My advices for a less problematic playthrough:

* make a regular save game often. Chances are you are going to need it later to get out of a stuck situation.

* but do NOT save while spontaneous orgasm animation is playing. Wait for it to complete.

* and equally important... wait for toys framework to be reactivated before saving. You can use e.g. gag in open mouth (not closed mouth) or stamina depletion as indicators for, when Toys framework is working again after spontaneous orgasm animation.

* and lastly, make sure your character can actually move before saving after spontaneous orgasm animation

By following above steps i can now play this great mod without any issues.

17 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Its very likely something is not installed quite right.

Did you start a new game?

Did you install Toys v0.5? (as opposed to maybe having an older version of Toys)

If no to either of those, need to correct and start over.

If those are not your problem:

1. Try using the SLaVE Installation Test on its first MCM tab. 
  2. Try carefully going through the steps in Troubleshooting #3
  3. Try using "Force Player Reset" in the SLaVE MCM, Misc tab

i started a new game, i installed the newest vertion of toys

ill try the fixes you mentioned and report back if i have any problems

Hi folks, I have a quick question for anyone who is using Toy Story. If you could let me know your experience and either quote or @ me so it shows up in my notifications field, that would be very helpful.

1) When you did the Standing Stone Love scene, did you notice any pauses or delays during the animation?

2) If so...

2a) Are on on LE or SE, and;

2b) Do you use an ENB?

Many thanks!

6 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Expectations on Cassia may be a bit off. She shows up after your first shout, which you expect. But she will also randomly appear for the rest of the game. She offers to do a few things with you.

Unfortunately when there's meant to be force greeting its all tied to skyrim's conditions for dialogue and this does not get logged because its not script. So I'm struggling so far to figure out how she's going wrong. I've not seen it myself in testing so cant recreate it yet. 

Cassis should NOT force greet under these conditions:

- you are in combat state

- you are in dialogue

- you are in a scene from another mod where you've got player controls disabled, or in sexlab faction

- you are in a "toys busy state", a state shared by Toys content mods so they don't clobber each other's scenes

- you are swimming, horse back, and many other states

So something must be showing up as one of those states, and then her lack of force greet is actually working as intended. Using "Force Player Reset" in the SLaVE MCM misc tab, will clear the "Toys busy state", and broken player controls. So that is worth try, and also a data point.

If you want Cassis to stop following you around (until problem sorted), you can use console command.... Set VirginEnableCassia to 0. She will eventually come looking for you again. You can slow her down in the MCM Encounters tab.

In your log I see....

[04/19/2021 - 07:46:22PM] Cannot open store for class "mfgconsolefunc", missing file?

....which is then followed by code stack stuff. This occurs 100s of times in your log. MfgConsole is a utility mod that is packaged with Sexlab. You can also get it separately, but mods count on the one that is packaged with Sexlab, including sexlab itself. Its used for facial expressions. So all the error spamming is each time Toys or Sexlab, call for an expression. You might be seeing the gag mouth open, fail to close when it should, and no expressions in Toys, SLaVE, and Sexlab scenes.

I don't think this problem is causing Toys or SLaVE any trouble, other than no expressions happening. But I don't know the consequences for Sexlab, and think that possibly Sexlab is getting struck in a busy state (sexlab could be using MfgConsole for more than expressions), thus Cassia would do the weird non-force greet.

So see if you can figure out why you are missing MfgConsole. This would reduce spammed script lag and possibly fix Cassia. Other SLaVE NPCs and even the player character, will get messed up by this busy state too, eventually, as you progress. Would love to hear if MfgConsole fixes it.

Very interesting... I just looked at Sexlab and it's not packaged with my copy of 163 Beta 8.

Having said that, I do run Mfg Fix, which packages an SE-compatible version of the script, and so far I'm not having these problems. Given that Mfg Fix is a hard requirement for essential mods like Conditional Expressions, hopefully most players will already be running this - but you may need to add Mfg Fix to your requirements if folks are getting missing file reports fingering that script without it.

Edit/Followup - also, folks having issues with forcegreets may want to ensure that they don't have a mod that substantially modifies vanilla record 3C1C4 (the forcegreet package). It's possible this could cause issues with any mods trying to use the forcegreet package. There's at least one mod on the Lab that makes changes to this record, and during initial integration testing I got similar behavior from the orphan in Windhelm who sells flowers. I ended up putting that mod on the back burner, so I didn't do full analysis, but I suspect its edits to 3C1C4 were part of, or even the problem.

2 hours ago, gregaaz said:

Having said that, I do run Mfg Fix, which packages an SE-compatible version of the script, and so far I'm not having these problems. Given that Mfg Fix is a hard requirement for essential mods like Conditional Expressions, hopefully most players will already be running this - but you may need to add Mfg Fix to your requirements if folks are getting missing file reports fingering that script without it.

The install instructions DOES say Mfg Fix is required.

@knots1353 this could be what you are missing. 

8 hours ago, Shadowbroker3495 said:

As knots1353 reported there are some issues regarding spontaneous orgasm. It seems to trigger no matter what player is doing. In dialogue window, in inventory window, in map window etc.

That's not normal behavior and means, most likely, something is wrong in your installation. Its not what knots1353 reported.

This happened to someone else, because they did not upgrade Toys to version 0.5. If you use SLaVE with an earlier version of Toys, this will happen and lots of other bad things. Could this be it? If not, I'd love to see your papyrus log for the scene.

I've had a lot of "corrupted" saves from a Toys point of view. By corrupted i mean Toys framework is no longer working. E.g. while attempting to pray at an altar, i got error message that i could not pray while in combat or being busy. I was not in combat so apparently i was busy, i.e. some script/animation was stuck i assume. Force reset in MCM Misc section did not fix problem.

My advices for a less problematic playthrough:

* make a regular save game often. Chances are you are going to need it later to get out of a stuck situation.

You should not be getting lots of stuck situations, you have a installation problem.

* but do NOT save while spontaneous orgasm animation is playing. Wait for it to complete.

I dont think the game lets you save during animation scenes. If it IS letting you, I can look into preventing it as it should not be something the users must worry about.

* and equally important... wait for toys framework to be reactivated before saving. You can use e.g. gag in open mouth (not closed mouth) or stamina depletion as indicators for, when Toys framework is working again after spontaneous orgasm animation.

This should not be necessary. If it were needed, there is a massive number of things that would go wrong for many mods.

* and lastly, make sure your character can actually move before saving after spontaneous orgasm animation

By following above steps i can now play this great mod without any issues.

None of these steps are needed. If you can find your install issue, you wont need them. Lets start with geting your spontaneous orgasm fixed up.

*giggles about her last statement, feeling like she's a sex therapist* :P

4 hours ago, gregaaz said:

When you did the Standing Stone Love scene, did you notice any pauses or delays during the animation?

2) If so...

2a) Are on on LE or SE, and;

2b) Do you use an ENB?

Yes I have short pauses during the animation, about 1/2 second for each pause. This is better than the first Toy Story beta, where the pauses froze the whole game for a couple of seconds.

I am on SE and I don’t use an ENB.

Hi folks, if you are having the issue with NPCs failing to initiate quests or having no dialogue options on forcegreet, please try the SEQ hotfix posted in the comments of my beta test blog.

Please report back on whether or not this works... note that you will probably need to revert to an earlier save as this hotfix will not retroactively fix NPCs who are already glitching. In my case, I had to roll back to just before I absorbed Mirmulnir's soul to see Cassia's quest initiation behavior fixed.

Shout Like a Virgin Evolved for SE v8.01 Beta, has released

20210415003557_2.jpg

(special 4.20 day release! :P )

What's new?...

A minor fix. The fix is critical enough that we recommend everyone with 8.0 upgrade.

See the Change Log for the important info.

The SE main downlead page is HERE

LE does not have the issue, thus there is no 8.01 for LE.

If you prefer you can use the patch that Gregaaz has shared in the post just above. Thanks goes to him for finding and testing the fix. His story, as he tests, in that blog is lots of fun too, check it out!

Thanks... I got out of there, but now I got another thing... all the bandit guys when I try to steal the statue are Immortal, I don't see any option to spank or anything... so we just battle like Jack Sparrow and Barbossa for eternity... what am I missing on this? Is it a mod conflict?

7 hours ago, gregaaz said:

...how did I miss that? ?

Heh... I missed it too, somehow...  probably because when I did the Toys 0.3 / Toy Story test a few weeks ago, I was doing it on LE where Mfg Fix is actually included with Sexlab... so then I assumed It was there in SE as well.   Since I don't use much which needs it, I've never really noticed it's lack.   I've corrected that, and it's in my minimal base build now on SE, so it will propagate to all my new builds later.   Thanks for pointing out the link on Nexus mods for it.

3 minutes ago, TaskingEffort said:

Thanks... I got out of there, but now I got another thing... all the bandit guys when I try to steal the statue are Immortal, I don't see any option to spank or anything... so we just battle like Jack Sparrow and Barbossa for eternity... what am I missing on this? Is it a mod conflict?

Not sure. Try getting a new location from Elizabella in the Dibella Temple. Just talk to her again. Tells you about that in the quest journal. That way if its just the location, you get another one. Maybe you have a mod modifying bandits. I've not heard of everyone being immoral, that's screwed up. You might also try using your love shout to get into combat with your target thief.

Just now, VirginMarie said:

Not sure. Try getting a new location from Elizabella in the Dibella Temple. Just talk to her again. Tells you about that in the quest journal. That way if its just the location, you get another one. Maybe you have a mod modifying bandits. I've not heard of everyone being immoral, that's screwed up. You might also try using your love shout to get into combat with your target thief.

I've done a few different bandits from Elizabella, its literally just the guys with the statues no matter the location. After I KO one, I have the option to force them to dance or not :/

9 minutes ago, knots1353 said:

Heh... I missed it too, somehow...  probably because when I did the Toys 0.3 / Toy Story test a few weeks ago, I was doing it on LE where Mfg Fix is actually included with Sexlab... so then I assumed It was there in SE as well.   Since I don't use much which needs it, I've never really noticed it's lack.   I've corrected that, and it's in my minimal base build now on SE, so it will propagate to all my new builds later.   Thanks for pointing out the link on Nexus mods for it.

Don't miss getting today's new release too.

1 minute ago, TaskingEffort said:

I've done a few different bandits from Elizabella, its literally just the guys with the statues no matter the location. After I KO one, I have the option to force them to dance or not :/

That's some other mod conflicting because this mod does not have any force dance. 

Also get today's new minor fix release to be sure.

30 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

That's some other mod conflicting because this mod does not have any force dance. 

Also get today's new minor fix release to be sure.

I uninstalled everything non dependent and the same issue pops up, who ever has that dang statue turns into an immortal god.

I don't think I have any other option other than to use the mcm and just finish the training :(

59 minutes ago, TaskingEffort said:

I uninstalled everything non dependent and the same issue pops up, who ever has that dang statue turns into an immortal god.

I don't think I have any other option other than to use the mcm and just finish the training :(

ok I thought you said all the bandits were turning immortal. I took that as all at a given single camp which is impossible for this mod.

Your target thief only, WILL turn immortal, until you've spanked him. The spanking is a scene. The spanking triggers by any form of combat, arrow, weapon, shout, magic. So seems like for whatever reason, you are not getting the spanking event.

First, did you install today's release with the fix? I don't know if the fix could effect this scene, but try it if you have not. Get a new location after the upgrade.

If that's not it, its something very odd, and I'm afraid it could a be a corrupt save. Did you maybe break the Golden Rule?

If yes, its start a new game time, or go back to a save that is from before breaking the rule, after you undo the rule breaking change.

If no, I need to see your papyrus log. How to get one is in the FAQs (same link).

Question

Anyone using SE, tried "Cart Duty" yet? Does it work?

As it says in the Change Log, for SE, it "wigs out" for me, consistently, after making one stop where I pause. Looking for what causes it. See the detail in TroubleShooting #9, which I've added, and copied below.

9. Carty Duty "Wigs Out" - SE only (hopefully this gets fixed before beta ends)

• The cart "wigs out" for me, in SE only, consistently, after making one stop where it has paused
  • Looking for what causes it. Does it happen for all? Does it happen for just a particular body?
  • I don't equip the hdt pony tail because that made it "wig out" instantly
  • I feel like its a physics interaction, only in SE, and that could come from the body, not just a tail, but only a possible theory

How to start Cart Duty (3 scenarios exist)

1. Once you've had the first meeting with Nocturnal, you can try talking to her (after shouting and she's been summoned). You can offer to perform the cart duty for her in exchange for her removing the Asphyxiation Collar
  2. If you wait long enough, as you progress into the story, Nocturnal will tell you about Cart Duty (force greet) if you are wearing the Asphyxiation Collar ad have not already done cart duty
  3. Eventually you will get the Virgin Maiden Retrieval Quest. Part of this quest involves using the cart

If it wigs out and I'm stuck, what can I do?

• MCM has an "end cart duty" option. Use it. This will also complete the quest if you are doing the Virgin Maiden Retrieval
  • In my tests, the "end cart duty" was enough to be free and fine. If you find you are still stuck, use the MCM, Misc Tab, Force Player Reset

12 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Anyone using SE, tried "Cart Duty" yet? Does it work?

I have tested Cart Duty a lot on SE. It has significant issues.

You need a lot of space to test without obstacles or NPCs to get in the way.

I tested in the empty tundra to the west of Whiterun stables. I traveled around and around in a large circle on the empty tundra.

When you first start trying to pull the cart, the cart is stuck in place and doesn't move. However, if the player keeps moving consistently ahead, the cart will "snap" forward to the player's position. You can keep doing this - moving consistently ahead in a large circle, and letting the cart snap forward to your position. Stopping to look back at the cart is not useful.

Eventually, after perhaps 30 or 40 snap-forwards by the cart, then the cart will eventually settle down and actually start following the player in the same smooth manner that the SLUTS Resume cart behaves.

Only after the cart is actually attached to the player and smoothly following the player, then the timer for Nocturnal's cart duty actually starts counting down. So that means you probably have about 10 to 15 real-time minutes of cart snap-forward behavior before the cart attaches and the cart duty time starts counting down.

So all that is very awkward, but is not the worst part. Unfortunately, after this cart duty testing, my game was completely borked. Animations would no longer start properly. For example, the Bedeviled Spit Roast scenes would no longer start.

I had to go back to a old save before beginning cart duty.