Skyrim SexLab - Sex Animation Framework v1.62 - UPDATED Jun 3rd 2016

So, how come, every time I try and fun FNIS to get SexLab to work, the first thing that happens is I get an error message that "ERROR(53): Could not find file 'D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\canine\behaviors\dogbehavior.hkx'."?

EDIT:  Apparently, because EVERY single behavior file from SexLab is misnamed, and you have to rename them all manually for FNIS to recognize them.  This seems. . . wrong, somehow.

EDIT THE SECOND:  And now I'm in-game, and the SexLab animations are all empty.  This is. . . annoying.  Uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim because I couldn't load any saves or travel anywhere with a crash to desktop, and SexLab was working fine before that. . .

EDIT THE THIRD:  Got the animations back.  Had to run the Restore feature you use if you're uninstalling from the MCM, but got them to show up.

So, how come, every time I try and fun FNIS to get SexLab to work, the first thing that happens is I get an error message that "ERROR(53): Could not find file 'D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\canine\behaviors\dogbehavior.hkx'."?

EDIT:  Apparently, because EVERY single behavior file from SexLab is misnamed, and you have to rename them all manually for FNIS to recognize them.  This seems. . . wrong, somehow.

EDIT THE SECOND:  And now I'm in-game, and the SexLab animations are all empty.  This is. . . annoying.  Uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim because I couldn't load any saves or travel anywhere with a crash to desktop, and SexLab was working fine before that. . .

EDIT THE THIRD:  Got the animations back.  Had to run the Restore feature you use if you're uninstalling from the MCM, but got them to show up.

I have never had to rename or move a file to install a version of the Sexlab Framework. You've got something very wrong with your setup if you have to rename or move files.

Well, FNIS keeps looking for "dogbehavior.hdx" (or whatever that extension is,) and other files like it (for all the creatures), and all the behavior files from SexLab are "FNIS_somethingsomething_dog-Behavior.hdx."  Sorry, don't remember exactly what was in the middle.

I'm using Mod Organizer, and installed FNIS through MO like the guides say, and installed SexLab through MO.  When that didn't work, I tried installing it manually.  Still no go.  Back to MO, but renaming the files worked.

What might be wrong with my setup that's causing this?

Okay, there is apparently something screwed up.  When I got to Helgen for Live Another Life, Alduin was just sitting there breathing.  Got some great selfies with him ;)  Then, on the way to Riverwood, two wolves were just standing next to the road, not attacking or taking any damage when I hit them.

I think they way I might have done things last time is install FNIS and SexLab manually, instead of through MO.  I'll give that a shot and see if it works.

EDIT:  FNIS installed manually and SexLab through MO seems to work.

Hello people. Forgive me if I'm in the wrong thread, but can anyone tell me how to downgrade from v1.59c to 1.59b? I can't find downloadable 1.59b or any of the older versions of the framework... Thanks in advance!

Older version of Sexlab are not supported there, therefore, no download link for older version.

If you insist to downgrade, I will PM you my Sexlab archive.

To downgrade Sexlab, you should perform clean save step before re-install the previous version of Sexlab.

Thanks a lot! Hopefully it will make submit to work.

I originally asked the same, but later learned that it was not wise. Now that I am getting more comfortable with mods around SL, I can understand why.

There is a patch for Submit + SL in that thread. I have been using it, since it came out. Try using it, instead of downgrading SL. The next version of PapyrusUtil should fix this problem - unless I have understood something wrong.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19709-sexlab-submit-01sep14-1133/page-227?do=findComment&comment=967443

Thanks a lot! Hopefully it will make submit to work.

There is a CTD causing bug in 1.59b, you'll be trading one CTD for another so DO NOT USE IT.

Fortunately there is a patch in the last few pages of the Submit thread which provides a workaround for the bug (which is in the Papyrus Utilities mod) causing the CTDs with Submit and you can install that patch with 1.59c and fix the CTDs.

Well, FNIS keeps looking for "dogbehavior.hdx" (or whatever that extension is,) and other files like it (for all the creatures), and all the behavior files from SexLab are "FNIS_somethingsomething_dog-Behavior.hdx."  Sorry, don't remember exactly what was in the middle.

I'm using Mod Organizer, and installed FNIS through MO like the guides say, and installed SexLab through MO.  When that didn't work, I tried installing it manually.  Still no go.  Back to MO, but renaming the files worked.

Did you install the fnis creature pack 5_1 from http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11811/?

You should problaby clean it up again and reinstall sexlab so the stuff you renamed dont mess stuff up.

You should not have to rename anything, it will just cause issues down the road.

Also "More Nasty Critters" have alot of meshes for creatures once you get it working.

Dont forget to check out the requirements of every mod you install.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/32953-more-nasty-critters/

Did you install the fnis creature pack 5_1 from http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11811/?

You should problaby clean it up again and reinstall sexlab so the stuff you renamed dont mess stuff up.

You should not have to rename anything, it will just cause issues down the road.

Also "More Nasty Critters" have alot of meshes for creatures once you get it working.

Dont forget to check out the requirements of every mod you install.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/32953-more-nasty-critters/

Already figured it out, thanks.  The trick is to install FNIS manually, NOT through MO.  Once I did that, everything worked fine.  And yeah, I had the 5.1 creature pack.

Ashal - Just an FYI, I put out a mod that removes the HDT High Heels spell during a sex act and reapplies it once the sex act has ended. You are more than welcome to incorporate this into SexLab as a standard feature (probably as part of the unequip/equip code). There is no direct dependency on the HDT High Heels esm as I use a Game.getFormFromFile() to pull the HDT magic effect.

Quick question, If I install a new race do I have to run FNIS again for the animations to work?

I didn't want to make a new thread so I posted here, I hope that's ok. Sorry if it's not.

The instructions if I remember correctly indicate you have to run FNIS any time there is "animations" added to the game. If there are animations added in the new race then yes, if not you should be OK. However no harm will occur if you do run FNIS again. In fact you can run it each time before you start the game and be just fine. If you do add an animation and forget the body will stand with their arms out to the side and not walk etc. Just stop the game and run FNIS.

I'm having difficulties here! I've set my sexual stats to bi and the likes, and with a mod that lets you approach another for sex and/or relationships, but for some reason I can't have sex with other males. Help!

This is the Framework Mod here, it is up to whatever ADD-ON mod or mods you have chosen to use which decide when/how/with whom you have sex. You need to post on the support thread(s) for that/those mod(s) and ask there BUT you also need to be more specific about what you did to set up and/or interact with the person you are wanting your character to have sex with because you didn't even provide the slimmest bit of those details.

(In short you probably picked a mod or mods that don't allow for the sexuality you selected or maybe haven't configured them to allow for it, but this is not the support thread for anything but the Framework and issues involving the Framework).

I currently use AP  but since it doesnt work with SOS i am thinking of getting SexLab, would it be ok to just install it straight away whilst leaving AP installed too or should i remove AP?

I have issues running both at the same time, I like AP dialogue options and ability to sell your followers, but SL has far to many other things going for it. A mod that combined SL with AP's dialogue would be great.

AP and other sex mods can run along side the SexLab Framework as long as you don't set any PC or NPC to have sex via multiple sex mods at the same time. Even if you do, most likely you'll just see the affected actor teleporting back and forth between the sex acts leaving the other partner humping air.

Use the index http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19588-sexlab-index/to find out what sex mods are available in a large number of categories but frankly the http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21973-sexlab-tdf-prostitution-and-pimping-the-former-aggressive-prostitution-v2151/ TDF Prostitution mod beats the heck out of AP and it's still being actively worked on with regular releases of new features lately.