4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Apropos, getting the canine feet in game:

I could do without the human dick TBH (or even just any dick whatsoever, since this is FO4 we're talking about), but damn those are some nice paws, lol. ?

I'm actually thinking it might be fun to use some of the BT morphs--a skinny one for foxes, deer, and cheetah, muscular for hyenas and horses, athletic for wolves. No requirement to use the same body for everybody.

I think in theory you can use the BodyGen system in LooksMenu to automatically apply LM morphs to each NPC depending on pre-set values for each NPC or conditions (e.g. class, race, level, factions). I'm not actually sure if it even works in the first place since IIRC that's mostly a Skyrim thing and the state of LooksMenu in FO4 is... well, sad.

Though TBH the vanilla "shape triangle"/bone scales system was made specifically for that very purpose and it should still apply to BT even if it's not as versatile as actual morphs themselves.

Edit again: Except I suppose that would require special body armor for everybody, so yeah, not gonna happen.

Each race having its own nude body path is a requirement or else you'll get deers with dog paws or whatever, but different NPCs of the same race using different body meshes means creating a bunch of custom NakedSkins and assigning them on the NPC record either manually or through an automated xEdit script. So I'd avoid doing so unless there's specific named/unique NPCs you really want to slap a custom body on for some reason.

BTW--My tri morphs import into OS just fine but I haven't been able to get them to work in game. I think it's because I don't really have a clue how to use LooksMenu but maybe there's an issue. Anybody want to test?

I'd be happy to do so. :classic_shy:

I'm thinking it might actually need whatever new textures you've made for it, so if you want you can pack the whole base races file (no need for the NPC one, unless you want it tested as well) and I can check everything out at once to make sure there's no oops-ies like the AA index thing.

Easy enough to put the species-appropriate dick on and I am planning on making that an option. But if they're sheathed they won't be any good for sex unless there's some way to port that whole mechanism over.

5 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Easy enough to put the species-appropriate dick on and I am planning on making that an option. But if they're sheathed they won't be any good for sex unless there's some way to port that whole mechanism over.

For Advanced Animation Framework, there is AAF Creature Resources by Ulfbearth that places junk on creatures and animals to work with the sex framework mod. Maybe he would be willing to incorporate your characters' junk into a similar separate mod but since most here use AAF, some type of male/female organ ought be represented. Just a thought?

10 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

For Advanced Animation Framework, there is AAF Creature Resources by Ulfbearth that places junk on creatures and animals to work with the sex framework mod. Maybe he would be willing to incorporate your characters' junk into a similar separate mod but since most here use AAF, some type of male/female organ ought be represented. Just a thought?

Seconded. =3

What is it with y'all and sex stuff in FO4, it's straight up not work the effort to set it up. Hell, even Oblivion is better on that aspect, and that's Absolute Jank: The Game we're talking about. :classic_unsure:

10 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I don't know what the latest state of dick technology (lol) is, since as it may be obvious from the statement above I don't really bother with sex stuff in FO4, but IIRC it used to work by having an "Erection" slider as one of the Bodyslide morphs for BT that morphed the dick from flaccid to, well, erect, and then AAF would automatically apply that morph at 100% on male characters for the duration of the scene. Think there might be a handful "schlong up" and "schlong down" morphs too, akin to SOS' "bend" animations, for use in animations that need the dong to not come out of the pelvis at a 90º angle.

So in theory you could design those species-appropriate dongs with all the bits (sheath + shaft) as part of the body, and then create such a slider that makes them unsheathe. Since sliders only interpolate between base and final shape it's not guaranteed to look good during the morphing, but IIRC AAF just automatically sets the morph to 100% right away so as long as it looks okay when it's out, you should be good to go.

5 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

IIRC it used to work by having an "Erection" slider as one of the Bodyslide morphs for BT that morphed the dick from flaccid to, well, erect

Yeah, I found the slider. Doing a morph sounds kinda easy, actually, tho as you say the intermediate stages might not look good.

While I never would have thought of using a mod like this myself - I'm suddenly reminded of the animated movie 'Rock and Rule' where dogs, cats, and rats have mutated into bipedal beings replacing the long dead humans and live their lives on the ruins of the past mixed with the constructions they have added - life goes on . . . . .

> Curious - How are the Synths handled? Are they now the last remnants of a human looking species on Earth? Rereading the main page I see the player is still human as would be any custom companions installed, but that just gives it a Planet of the Apes feel.

While waiting on the 'final' IVY companion to be released - this gives me some ideas about that 'next' and possibly final (for sometime) play through.

7 hours ago, landess said:

While I never would have thought of using a mod like this myself - I'm suddenly reminded of the animated movie 'Rock and Rule' where dogs, cats, and rats have mutated into bipedal beings replacing the long dead humans and live their lives on the ruins of the past mixed with the constructions they have added - life goes on . . . . .

Didn't that one just have the whole "post apocalyptic" part actually be a quick'n'dirty retcon by Executive Meddling for the US release only? I never actually watched it but I remember reading something about it.

(Either way, that's off-topic).

> Curious - How are the Synths handled? Are they now the last remnants of a human looking species on Earth?

Right now (aka with the mod in early Beta stage), yes, they still use human assets. AFAIK the plan is to "furryfy" them as well and give them beast-ly heads/faces so they match the rest of the world.

Rereading the main page I see the player is still human

Player is still human if you don't enable any of the player plugins or use any other race mods. But yes.

as would be any custom companions installed,

Actually any mod-added NPC will still be human unless the mod in question is patched for FF, regardless of whether they're actual companions or just random settlers or whatever.

Getting a (final) version of the bodies worked up.

Spoiler

image.png 

image.png 

Note there is no neck seam. My custom normals scheme for matching the normals across the seam works just fine. 

Pawfeet are behaving themselves, better than the ones in Skyrim I think. 

That's the BT body ofc, with dismemberment and an associated tri file. I merged in the morphs that touch the feet/calf area and I even gave you sliders so you fuckers can set the feet to whatever size you like. ?

24 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Hide contents

image.png 

image.png 

Note there is no neck seam. My custom normals scheme for matching the normals across the seam works just fine. 

That's the BT body ofc, with dismemberment and an associated tri file. I merged in the morphs that touch the feet/calf area and I even gave you sliders so you fuckers can set the feet to whatever size you like. ?

Brings me back to my Kamandi comic book days! And yes, I am that old!

4 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

All these beasties. I know I'd want to play as one. Could you make a player version, Fomod style, that upon installation would let you choose which type to be? Just reinstall whenever you want to change. =3

Have you even tried downloading the mod yet? It may not have a FOMOD installer (yet?), but it does have the player plugins already, all you need to do is enable whichever one you want and either ignore or move the others away from the install folder whenever you're not using them.

Oooh, that looks good.

Really good news there, I didn't think it was possible to have such a seamless neck in FO4, lol.

This just keeps getting better and better. :classic_shy:

Hide contents

image.png 

image.png 

Really beautiful work ❤️, the paws look great and finally we have a body without a visible seam around the neck.

What body type will you use for the female?

1 hour ago, poblivion said:

I kind of hoped it could be Fusion Girl body.  After all, Fusion Girl body has a few tweaks that other bodies do not have.

IMO Fusion Girl conversion can come later, the main one has to be CBBE (or as in this case TWB, but only because it's "Full CBBE + extra unique sliders"). CBBE is the main body for Fallout, everything is made for it. The same cannot be said for FG.

43 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Such as?

Sex stuff. That's pretty much it. Well, that and a built-in "knee fix" which is nice, but TBH there's a skeleton that does so for CBBE already anyway, and IMO those two things are definitely not worth losing support for a shitton of outfits with CBBE support but no FG conversions or with crappy ones only.

Of course that doesn't mean there can't be FG versions of the bodies, but I would do the CBBE ones first to have all bases covered and then look into the FG edits of them afterwards.

Edited by Blaze69
5 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

All the headgear is now furrified.

Any pics of what the end result look like? I know that'd be a pain, but I'm very curious about how those turned out, like for example gas masks and such on Equines or Cervids or the bandanas on long-muzzled races.

Alternatively, any ETA for the next release?

NOT the hair tho, which is going to be a major PITA. 

Honestly I'd just port Kritta's (and your) hairs from Skyrim and use those as the "bulk"/base for most NPCs, and then progressively comb through vanilla hairs to convert the ones that look reasonably easy to refit and discard the ones that are not (e.g. mohawks or the "Unladylike" sidehawk all look feasible to refit, but all dem fancy 50s 'dos look like they'd be absolute ballache so those would probably need to be culled altogether unless you want to rebuild them from scratch).

Edited by Blaze69
7 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Any pics of what the end result look like? I know that'd be a pain, but I'm very curious about how those turned out, like for example gas masks and such on Equines or Cervids or the bandanas on long-muzzled races.

Alternatively, any ETA for the next release?

Honestly I'd just port Kritta's (and your) hairs from Skyrim and use those as the "bulk"/base for most NPCs, and then progressively comb through vanilla hairs to convert the ones that look reasonably easy to refit and discard the ones that are not (e.g. mohawks or the "Unladylike" sidehawk all look feasible to refit, but all dem fancy 50s 'dos look like they'd be absolute ballache so those would probably need to be culled altogether unless you want to rebuild them from scratch).

First off, I really appreciate the way you have been helping Bad Dog out. I have no idea what the tech advice is all about, but I know the collaboration will create a wonderful product. Kudos to you both...?

Edited by maddadicusrex

Here's a little photoshoot. I wanted to do a walkthrough and spot check anyway.

Spoiler

ScreenShot54.pngScreenShot53.pngScreenShot51.pngScreenShot50.pngScreenShot61.pngScreenShot56.pngScreenShot55.png

ScreenShot66.pngScreenShot64.pngScreenShot63.pngScreenShot62.pngScreenShot71.png

Yah, porting the other hair might well be simpler. I did the pompadour wig and it looks fine, but it was not quick.

ScreenShot44.png

Edited by Bad Dog