2 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

If you apply beast feet, please make them an actual part of the body. The mods on Nexus apply them via Looksmenu skin option to your character, but AAF (A sex framework will remove them) and revert to human feet during its operation.

Please don't spread misinformation about stuff you know jack shit about, thank you very much.

Paws are an actual part of the body already, the "skin selection" in LooksMenu uses a native game function to force the player character to use the paw-ed body as their naked skin instead of the race's default one (which points to default human meshes and this has human feet).

The issue you are seeing is that for some ungodly reason AAF spawns a NPC clone of the player and makes the actual player character invisible for scenes involving the player. Thus, the "Player" you see during scenes is not the real one, it's just a NPC clone. Since it's a NPC clone, it doesn't have the paw-ed skin override assigned in LooksMenu, and thus uses the default race nude skin instead (aka the one with human feet).

@Bad Dog
what they meant to ask was that if/when beast-feet body meshes are created, you make them the race's default nude skin (as opposed to turning them into a LM Skin Override and using standard human meshes as the base race skin like Lupines do). Which I assume you were already planning to do anyway, so there's that.

On 4/9/2021 at 8:35 AM, Blaze69 said:

Please don't spread misinformation about stuff you know jack shit about, thank you very much.

Paws are an actual part of the body already, the "skin selection" in LooksMenu uses a native game function to force the player character to use the paw-ed body as their naked skin instead of the race's default one (which points to default human meshes and this has human feet).

The issue you are seeing is that for some ungodly reason AAF spawns a NPC clone of the player and makes the actual player character invisible for scenes involving the player. Thus, the "Player" you see during scenes is not the real one, it's just a NPC clone. Since it's a NPC clone, it doesn't have the paw-ed skin override assigned in LooksMenu, and thus uses the default race nude skin instead (aka the one with human feet).

@Bad Dog
what they meant to ask was that if/when beast-feet body meshes are created, you make them the race's default nude skin (as opposed to turning them into a LM Skin Override and using standard human meshes as the base race skin like Lupines do). Which I assume you were already planning to do anyway, so there's that.

Totally forgot about AAF's clone. Dago did it for his reason, but could AAF actually function without?

18 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

Totally forgot about AAF's clone. Dago did it for his reason, but could AAF actually function without?

I honestly don't know for sure because I never quite could get into using AAF and such, but I vaguely remember reading that it is definitely required for AAF to work properly and there's no way around it.

Still tho, that shouldn't be a problem if the beast/digi custom body is set as the default race skin, as mentioned above. It will be an issue for those that want to use the default human body mesh for their character for some reason, though, but oh, well. You can't please everyone.

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Who is she and why is she a lioness?

poblivion already linked her wiki article which should be thorough on explaining who she is, but I wanted to point out I actually don't think she should be a lioness. In fact, I find the idea of her being a goat (at least looks like it? Don't think the different Ungulate morphs are working yet tho) somewhat fitting, since she's a tough-as-nails abrasive asshole, lol.

It's also a nice change of theme since the whole "predator/carnivore" thing has already been done for her by other race mods. Twice. Both Lupines and Selachii have Cait replacers:

Spoiler

45971-1594031788-1350800146.png

50529-1615251749-1547416862.png

And these should be fully compatible with FF as long as their plugins are loaded after FF itself, so there's that.

I'm happy to do it, but I don't know the characters that well.

Honestly unless RNGsus has decided to go easy on us, I bet most companions could use some manual tweaking of their species and/or appearance to look more unique.

It will probably also be a good idea to have them all be different species so they don't look too... samey. There obviously will have to be some overlap since there's only 8 different species in FF but there's 11 humanoid companions in the base game + DLCs (10 "default" humanoids + Curie's synth body, and that's not counting Nick under the assumption he'll get a custom Gen 2.5 synth appearance of his own), but I'd still try to optimize the race distribution to reduce samey-ness. Maybe try to use the duplicates on companions which do have replacer plugins from other races available such as Cait, Curie or X6 so grabbing those other patches rounds out the list.

I'm guessing lack of access to your modding rig may make this information unfetchable for the time being, but if not, I'd say you could post a list of all the humanoid companions from the above wiki page alongside the species currently assigned to them by the Furrifier so people can share their thoughts on whether they agree or have other layouts to suggest instead.

12 minutes ago, Rorahusky said:

I know it's a bit silly to be making requests when the mod is still in early alpha, but I would love to see a compatibility mod for Sim Settlements 2 that turns all the NPCs into it into furries.

IMHO, Sim Settlements can be an in game nightmare all by itself.

16 minutes ago, Rorahusky said:

I know it's a bit silly to be making requests when the mod is still in early alpha, but I would love to see a compatibility mod for Sim Settlements 2 that turns all the NPCs into it into furries.

Whenever more developed and complete versions of this mod are posted, I'm pretty sure Bad Dog will also post the "Furrifier" xEdit script which you'll be able to run on any other mod you want to turn all its NPCs into anthros where applicable so you can create any patches you want for the mods you use. It already works like that in the Skyrim version, if you've ever used it (or intend to).

In the meantime, I won't lie, asking for patches when not even the main mod is out of beta is a pretty damn silly idea, yes. ?

On 4/11/2021 at 3:29 PM, poblivion said:

Would it be possible to change Cait to a lioness, for example?  I don't think the current race is very suitable for her.

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot363.jpg

If you don't like her look here I would strongly recommend the Lupine Race mod from the Nexus, looks amazing, and he has a patch that turns Cait into a beautiful red wolf. I think it fits her perfectly, as long as you load the Lupine wolf Cait patch after Furry Fallout she should be a Lupine.

This whole business with Cait raises the question of how we want to tell the story. Hyena would maybe match better who Cait is *now*--but if I understand her backstory, she came from regular people, went through the meatgrinder, and became who she is now. So the deer would reflect better her birth family, and the contrast between her race and who she is now highlights the contrast between her origin and where she got to. OTOH maybe she wouldn't have survived if she weren't of a tougher race in the first place. OTOH maybe it's better for the race to reflect the personality as it is now.

OTOH, it's possible to over-think this.

I'd be willing to toss in so effort for this! just let me know any kind of art I can do, I've already made plenty of small replacers for my own pleasure. Also what is the best program to open and edit these direct draw surfaces? Seems gimp's hasn't been updated in ages.  

Over on the blog post about FFO is the following, which I can't link to because I don't know where that function went:

K @LordFlawn @PenBoozerX I pulled out everything I could find with images of people, which I'm sure isn't everything. A lot of the same images are used in different contexts so I tried to weed them down to one of each and tried to keep the one with the best quality. Some of the images have damage on them--don't worry about that. If you do a clean image I can reproduce the damage. I made them all TIFs, as being a common format, but I can do something different. I'll run whatever you give me through photoshop so I can take pretty much whatever format is convenient. 

Files are on the FFO drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10GBdhx60vD23Kt2P8tKWr9Ke7q9HAVM7?usp=sharing

The FFO drive has a tracker so you can see what's been done and what's in game: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10GBdhx60vD23Kt2P8tKWr9Ke7q9HAVM7?usp=sharing

And Penzer put up a drive where you can see the completed artwork: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CHb-3CnnbIlJle-09q1R3-cjSZnjQ-qS?usp=sharing

So I say, find a set of stuff that rings your chimes and have at it.

Tails!

ScreenShot1.png

All the races now have tails. I guess I'll do some hair and headgear, and enjoy the exporter. I want to get back to the heads tho-- fix some of the neck seams and the weight painting in the neck area. That means figuring out tris, tho, which I'm happy to do. 

I really want to give more options in nose length for horses and deer (as well as other things, ofc, but those particularly) but that means figuring out the facebones.

5 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I really want to give more options in nose length for horses and deer (as well as other things, ofc, but those particularly) but that means figuring out the facebones.

FaceBones may be okay for certain adjustments, but for proper "morphs" like donkey ears or dish faces or whatever (like they have in Skyrim), you'll probably want to do CharGen morphs instead. Which I think I've already explained before, but shouldn't be too hard to pull off. I even figured out a way to have Skyrim-like "sliders", but with the added benefit of (in theory) unlimited slider slots.

I can give you a rundown if you are interested.