1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

Here's a little photoshoot. I wanted to do a walkthrough and spot check anyway.

Looks pretty good so far. Raider hoods look like absolute fucking garbage as they do in vanilla, but the refit work itself is as good as it can get, and the other items look just fine to me. So that's neat. Can't wait for the new release to drop so I can check it all out ingame. :classic_shy:

Yah, porting the other hair might well be simpler. I did the pompadour wig and it looks fine, but it was not quick.

Honestly I already have the custom hair meshes ready for porting for either of my Ungulate characters* and was going to port at the very least Kritta's Lykaios Dreads hairstyle for the lions anyway, so good looking vanilla hairs or lack thereof don't really affect me because all bases are covered. That being said, I'd rather see NPCs with fewer-but-alright-looking hairs from Skyrim plus a handful refit vanilla ones rather than go for quick and shitty full vanilla refits or have to wait ages for all vanilla hairs to be done properly. (Most vanilla hairs are ugly garbage anyway).

*-> Speaking of which, dunno if this has been mentioned before, but any plans to add all the chargen morphs from Skyrim too? Like the different nose/ear/face shapes and stuff. Right now Cervids seem to be stuck as "generic Whitetail-ish" and horses are missing the dish faces and the donkey-like ears and face morphs, so those would be neat to have here too if possible. Same goes for the extra Cervid antler options (I'm guessing we'd have to do the same I did for Deathclaws and turn the NPC preset slider into a "horn style selector").

I think I've already brought this up, but I figured out how to add more TRI morph "sliders/slots" so we can add back the "sliders" from Skyrim (and even add an infinite amount of those in the plugin race data itself without needing RaceMenu/LooksMenu fuckery to inject them). So do let me know if you want me to give you a rundown of it whenever you get down to adding back those morphs or whatever new ones you might want to come up with.

Edited by Blaze69
21 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I think I've already brought this up, but I figured out how to add more TRI morph "sliders/slots" so we can add back the "sliders" from Skyrim (and even add an infinite amount of those in the plugin race data itself without needing RaceMenu/LooksMenu fuckery to inject them). So do let me know if you want me to give you a rundown of it whenever you get down to adding back those morphs or whatever new ones you might want to come up with.

Yes. I have all those morphs still in the master heads in blender so all I need is to know what to do with them. The deer and horses are stuck with the longest possible nose and the smallest possible ears. I certainly want to fix that.

all I need is to know what to do with them.

Might be a bit rusty so do let me know if this doesn't work out in case I forgot something. Anyhow:

1. Make sure all the morphs you want to add have "Type#" (# being a number) somewhere in the name. Assuming you still have the Skyrim morphs in there, you could simply add that suffix to the morph name before exporting from Blender and call it a day. So for example "LipMoveIn" becomes "LipMoveInType1". Do this for all the morphs. (Yes, it's a pain but the CK seems to require that for the next steps to work. And no, the rest of the name doesn't seem to matter as long as it has "Type1" in it so you can name your new morphs whatever you want in the TRI).
  2. Create an empty/dummy shapekey (morph) that looks exactly like the base/unmorphed shape, and name it "DefaultFaceType0".
  3. Save the Chargen TRI.
  4. Edit the plugin data to make sure the head record points to the chargen TRI you just made.
  5. Load up the race in the CK. Open the Race record. Go to the "Morph" tab.
  6. Hit the "New" button to the right of the "Region" dropdown menu. Give it whatever name you want (for example I'd do "SLIDER - (slider name here)" so it's easier to find and it's sorted separate from other face regions in LooksMenu's list). The new region should be added to the Regions list and dropdown menu.
  7. Right-click on the empty gray space between the " - " buttons and the scroll bar to the right of the data fields (I can get a pic if this is confusing), and select "Add Group". Scroll down to the bottom and you should see a new empty morph set box. You can give it whatever name you want, but I usually prefer to use the same name as the Region from Step #6 (so I know which morphs will show under which Region).
  8. Right-click on the empty white space below "Preset" in the morph group you just created, and select "New". In the "Select Form" window that pops up, pick "DefaultFaceType0".
  9.  (Optional) Double click on the "DefaultFaceType0" name in the "Preset" column to rename it like you would on any Windows file. Set the name to "Default" (this is what the ingame display name for that preset will be).
  10. Right click the empty space again, select New, then pick whatever morph you want to be available there (for example, let's say I want to do "LipMoveInType1"). Rename the preset to whatever ingame name you want it to have.
  11. Keep hitting "New" and adding the morphs you want until you're satisfied with the options. Do note that only one of them can be active at a time, so it's effectively like the "Nose/Mouth/whatever Shape" sliders from Skyrim. The main difference is these aren't forced to be absolute, so instead of being forced to apply them at 100%, you can set in-between values like 50% strength to get a mix of the base shape with the morph one (or just stick to 100% indeed and get the same look as the morph inside the TRI).
    1. (I don't think there's a limit so you could for example have 30 different nose shape morphs in here at once, but since only one can be active at a time, you cannot put morphs together if you want them to be stackable/mixable; you'll have to create new Regions + Morph Groups and put those morphs inside them for that).
  12. Scroll back up to the Regions data field and set the "Morph" dropdown menu for the new Region to the new Morph Group.
  13. Repeat Steps 6-12 for every separate "Slider"/morph category you want there to be available for the player in LooksMenu.
  14. Repeat the whole thing for the other gender (chances are you did this for males first, now you have to do it for females too).

That should get the job done.

I managed to add some of the original Skyrim morphs to Selachii using this method, so if you want I could drop you a link to the latest dev files for the sharks so you can see the whole thing in action and reverse-engineer it from there.

Edited by Blaze69

I have all that working, thank you very much. 

I also have faceBones working, give or take a few glitches. Used to be that the faceBones files didn't load correctly, but I fixed that somewhere along the way without noticing. So I loaded them up, re-parented the horse head to the faceBones skeleton, did some weight painting, and exported. Damn thing works, even tho it doesn't have all the structure of the original faceBones file. (I may need to do something like copy the new mesh into the original file to get that back, if it breaks something critical not to have it.) 

I don't hate the mechanism. Truth is my morphs weren't all that sophisticated for a lot of stuff and it's not hard to get a pretty good result. E.g. the dish-face to roman nose morph is working nicely with a single bone. The overall nose bone seems to work for both length and size. So I'll make a mix of chargen-style morphs and bones get me the range I want. 

Mostly depends on what's release-worthy. I figure I'll post teasers until people start bitching at me and then I'll package a release. I'd like to update all the races with fixed seams and proper feetparts and netherparts, but I get distracted with hats and posters and that fabulous mutant mesh and goddamn mannequins that are everywhere and so forth. 

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Mostly depends on what's release-worthy. I figure I'll post teasers until people start bitching at me and then I'll package a release. I'd like to update all the races with fixed seams and proper feetparts and netherparts, but I get distracted with hats and posters and that fabulous mutant mesh and goddamn mannequins that are everywhere and so forth. 

You also forgot comics, posters, etc. ?
Joking, take Your time!

So I guess I should get rid of all the sliders and such that don't do anything with the furry races? That terrifies me.

You mean the face regions and bones and stuff that end up unused? I mean, I guess it's not mandatory but I do think it's better to get rid of those to have a cleaner LooksMenu where one can be sure all the regions and such do have a purpose, however small.

The only real issue I can think of is the CK getting extremely bitchy and crash-prone when deleting regions and tint slots and such, but thankfully that's one of the bugs solved by CK Fixes so as long as you have it installed (which you 100% should if you haven't already) you should be good to go.

Otherwise, were you talking about any other kind of sliders?

Maybe I'll go do hooves instead.

...won't complain about that, though. :classic_shy:

Edited by Blaze69

Amusing myself with bodytalk sliders:

Spoiler

image.pngimage.pngimage.png 

LOL that ass is phat. 

This is with all the dick and hoof sliders maxed out.

By the way the sheathing/unsheathing thing is working:

Spoiler

image.png

The dick slides out almost like you'd want it to. Doesn't work so well with maximized penis lengths, but you can't have everything.

That's the mesh work. Textures next.

image.png

Edited by Bad Dog
12 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

This is with all the dick and hoof sliders maxed out.

"hoof sliders", eh? Does that mean there'll be some customizability for those? Sounds good if so.

Speaking of which, any plans to do the same for the Cervid hooves too (once they happen)? There's a bunch of different species that can be achieved with the customization options, but the hooves themselves don't work so well for anything that isn't a whitetail or a "basic deer" IMO. For example I replaced the hooves with the Minotaur ones in Skyrim and I think those are more fitting for, say, reindeer than the default Cervid ones are.

If you make the base/zeroed (hoof) sliders shape a "generic" one, and then add a handful of different shape/species slider options as BS morphs, that would even allow the player to pick the PC's hoof shape in the game itself using BS sliders/morphs injected into LooksMenu (which is a thing already, you'd simply have to figure out how to inject yours too).

Just thinking aloud here tho.

12 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

That's the mesh work. Textures next.

Looking forward to how those turn out too. :classic_shy:

29 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Oh yeah, I'll give them all foot sliders.

Neat. Do share some teasers of those once they're done if you don't mind, kinda wonder what kind of sliders there'll be. And same goes for the female bodies.

So two things, for those with wisdom to spare:

Anybody seen anything like this on first-person hands? 

Spoiler

image.png

It looks like two meshes are z-fighting, but there's only one mesh in the nif and how could you get two hands otherwise? Certainly the other body part nifs don't have extra hands in there. Same thing shows on the right side.

Unrelated, this:

Spoiler

image.png

I can't get less of a graphite-look on those hooves. The fingernails in the first image are shinier, but not any slicker. I want a deeper black (and that's a very dark black) and a shinier polish but I haven't managed to produce it yet. Any thoughts on which knobs to twiddle?

5 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Anybody seen anything like this on first-person hands?

It looks like two meshes are z-fighting, but there's only one mesh in the nif and how could you get two hands otherwise? Certainly the other body part nifs don't have extra hands in there. Same thing shows on the right side.

Definitely looks like there's another hand mesh underneath. Did you have any items equipped at all whatsoever? If you're wearing any mod-added gear whose author duplicated the AA from a vanilla one and didn't remove the 1st person meshes, that could be it.

Otherwise, did you make sure both the hands AA and the NakedSkin have both hand slots tagged? FO4 has separate left and right hand slots, so maybe you missed one and that's why you have a rogue hand there or whatever.

Can't really think of anything else right now so any more input would require me to at the very least get my hands on the plugin itself to check it out in xEdit. :classic_unsure:

8 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Did you have any items equipped at all whatsoever?

No, I was nekkid except the pip-boy, and I see the same thing on the other hand. The 1st p hands use the same addon record as the regular hands, so any problem with body part numbers would show up on both, surely?

16 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

No, I was nekkid except the pip-boy, and I see the same thing on the other hand. The 1st p hands use the same addon record as the regular hands, so any problem with body part numbers would show up on both, surely?

Yeah. Is it only 1st person ones that you get that issue with? Then whatever it is that's adding those extra hands must be doing so in the 1st person mesh entry.

Run the "inv" console command to see there's no other invisible-on-the-UI items equipped on the player, and maybe try using a pipboy hider like PipPad in case it's the PB (why are you even still using the hideous and bulky non-hidden vanilla PB anyway?).

Otherwise, as I said, I would need to take a look at the assets and plugin data myself to try and figure out. And while I'm more than willing to nag you into sending it my way so I can get a taste of what's coming in the next update while I try to debug the issue, I feel it'd be rude of me, lol. ?

Anyhow, speaking of PipPad, you might want to download it and check it out even if you'd like to stick to the vanilla PB. It edits the vanilla Human Race data to add a handful extra slots to the "First Person Enabled" list. AFAIK it uses the "61 - FX" by default which should already be 1st person enabled, but it also includes optional extra slot options in case you want to wear something in Slot 61 and those extra ones need to be 1pv enabled to actually show up. Maybe pre-enabling those slots for FFO races would be a good idea since it will mean built-in compatibility for PipPad. I did so for my races and it worked out.

Edited by Blaze69
1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

(why are you even still using the hideous and bulky non-hidden vanilla PB anyway?)

Cuz I barely even Fallout, dude. My mod list is barely there. Been so busy working on the FFO I haven't even looked for basic mods.

I'll pop a kit over to you when I have something clean and I have decent internet.

I had to figure out the real behavior of FO4's two specular map layers so I thought I'd write it up:

• The specular texture file uses the red channel for specular and and the green channel for gloss. The blue is unused. Specular and gloss interact.
  • Gloss controls how slick/smooth the surface is, as in gloss vs. matte paints. High gloss means a point source will reflect off the surface as a point. Matte means it will reflect off as a fuzzy splotch. Turning it way up means it will reflect off the entire surface pretty much equally, flattening it out. Technically, low gloss means the surface normals are scrambled, so any incoming light beam can go off in any direction. 
  • Specular controls how much light gets reflected from a surface, regardless of how glossy the surface is. So a high specular means lots of light will be reflected. Because it's not real, there's nothing that says you can't reflect more light off a surface than you shone on it.
  • So high gloss/high specular means you'll get a bright, small, hard reflection off a small part of the model. Turn the specular high enough and it will be like sparks off the corners. Low gloss/high specular spreads the light all across the surface, so it's flat and lighter than the diffuse color. 
  • The hooves above show some of the range. The gray hooves are low gloss/high specular. The black hooves are the same diffuse, but higher gloss. There's room to crank the gloss up even further and get a glassy texture, but I thought this was good for hooves.
  • Both have multiplier settings in the materials file. Turning up the multiplier gives your texture more range.
Edited by Bad Dog
6 hours ago, superspyro90 said:

I'm certain it's not supposed to look like that

Screenshot (31).png

I'd say you installed something wrong. Or it is in conflict with some other MOD.  It is necessary to have everything in the bottom in load order.

Check if you have active Furry_Fallout_NPCs.

10 hours ago, superspyro90 said:

I'm certain it's not supposed to look like that

Already been replied to on the Discord server, but posting it here as well for reference in case anyone is having the same issue.

The critical bit of info not mentioned in this post is the fact that it happens to all characters including the Player and spouse. The most likely culprit is the lack of some special INI edits that are required for the game to actually be able to load mod files, which are as follows:

In fallout4.ini:
    Under [Archive] add the following line: bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
    Also under [Archive] change the value for sResourceDataDirsFinal= to blank (nothing after the equals sign).

4 hours ago, poblivion said:

I'd say you installed something wrong. Or it is in conflict with some other MOD.  It is necessary to have everything in the bottom in load order.

Check if you have active Furry_Fallout_NPCs.

See above, it's a lack-of-INI-edits issue.